Start by marking “Tom Clancy Code of Honor (Jack Ryan Universe Book 28)” as Want to Read:
Tom Clancy Code of Honor (Jack Ryan Universe Book 28)

Tom Clancy Code of Honor

(Jack Ryan Universe #28)

As President of the United States, Jack Ryan has faced many challenges, but none have been as personal as this and never has he been this helpless in the face of evil in the latest entry in Tom Clancy's #1 New York Times bestselling series.

Father Pat West, S.J. was a buddy of the young Jack Ryan when they were both undergraduates at Boston College. Father West left a
Published November 19th 2019 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

To ask other readers questions about Tom Clancy Code of Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tom Clancy Code of Honor

Start your review of Tom Clancy Code of Honor (Jack Ryan Universe Book 28)
Joseph
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just me thinking out loud here, but hasn't Jack Ryan been POTUS for a very, very long time?? Oh well, I guess even great books can have their flaws. This entry in the Tom Clancy series introduces us to Calliope, a next generation computer program that is creepily human in its behaviors. The Campus is called on once again to help save the world. John Clark ponders on the vagaries of life after being a Navy SEAL. If you are new to Clancy, start from the beginning with the Hunt For Red October. If ...more
Brian Durfee
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I look forward to every one of these Ryanverse novels. No one will ever match Clancy himself.. but all these are still rather good.
Ed
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
#28 in the Jack Ryan universe (#3 authored by Marc Cameron). This 209 series entry by author Marc Cameron is a worthy addition. At 500 pages there are segments that could have been trimmed or excised, but in keeping with the philosophy of original author Tom Clancy, never tell anyone what time it is if you can tell them how to make a watch instead. Basically a tale of advanced AI technology hijacked by the Chinese and used against the US Navy. For such a terrifying weapon, apparently it was ...more
Donna Hines
So, sometimes you find books that tickle your fancy and other times not so much.
However, with this said I did enjoy this one much better than I did Active Measures so with that I presume you'll want to know why?!
Well, the intensity was much more to my liking along with the characters and the plot with a setting that was not stagnant but ever changing throughout the scenes.
The plot enticed me to read on while captivating my interest and making me want to not just go along to get along but to get
Linda
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked this Jack Ryan story as much as the others, BUT had a very hard time keeping all the foreign places and characters, and technical and military terms straight. Thank goodness for the list of Principal Characters at the front of the book, but a few more characters on the list and lists of technical and military terms would have saved me a lot of effort going backwards to find explanations. So not an easy book to read. Reminded me of The Hunt for Red October, the first Clancy book I read. I ...more
Chad Manske
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cameron’s third Clancy follow-on book (and number 28 in the ongoing series) is a page turner in the tradition of many of its predecessors! This time Chinese actors (a PLA General) plot to steal AI gaming software to upload into US defense systems to start a war with the US. A complex web of related storylines converge between President Ryan, his wife (who assists in the eye surgery of a granddaughter of a PLA General), and Campus operatives to of course make things right and bring justice and ...more
Ryan
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
I liked the focus on Ding — the portions focusing on him were a breath of fresh air. We get plenty of John Clark, Jack Ryan Sr./Jr. but compared too other offerings in recent year this addition was anemic.

I found the book almost whimsically plausible and ends a resolution akin to a warmed up dinner taken out of the microwave. I didn’t hate it. I also would not recommend it. Maybe at 33 I am aging out this style of techno thriller. Hopefully the Jack Ryan Jr. novel this summer is a great
Chris Garth
This series is beginning to read like a television crime procedural where everything always wraps up neatly in a bow at the end. The best part of Tom Clancy when he was alive was his ability to keep you hooked without predicting what would come next. In the 28th entry into Jack Ryan's world of global intrigue, there are some very cool surprises, that show Cameron is capeable of surprise, but not enough to make this book something I would recommend to another.
Guy L. Pace
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book as a gift with no strings. My copy is a pre-pub that hasn’t gone through final edits.

I have to say that Marc Cameron brings Tom Clancy’s characters and world alive and tells a great story based on possible political/social/technological developments we’re seeing today.

I’m no expert on Tom Clancy, but I’ve read and enjoyed some of his books and plan to read others. It’s good to see Cameron carry on the good work Clancy started.

Thanks for a great read.
Ric Ulloa
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marc Cameron has nicely transitioned into the Tom Clancy novels, to add to his Jericho Quinn series. I really enjoyed this book and the continued story of Jack Ryan Sr. and Jr. and their progress in running the country, home and abroad. Cameron grabbed my interest from the beginning and held the suspense throughout, never having a drop in either action, suspense or continuing multiple storylines. Great job and great novel!!
Mark Perrey
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another solid entry in the Jack Ryan universe from Marc Cameron. Jack Sr, Clark and Chavez are the main characters with Jack Jr and the other Campus operators having smaller parts in the story. Cathy Ryan has a bigger part than usual. The story was a little too predictable to earn five stars so I’m giving it a four.
Richard
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Code of Honor was a great read. Tom Clancy was a special author that passed too soon. Marc Cameron has done another exemplary job and the plot flowed and built with very real intensity. You’ll find all the old characters in the Washington elite and go along on a suspenseful journey with “The Campus” operators. The story explored AI and cyber war scenarios in a very real and frightening way. Great read!
Linda Schmidt
Marc Cameron’s Tom Clancy’s Code of Honor features President Jack Ryan, his wife Cathy, as well as agent John Clark and his son-in-law Ding Chavez. These heroes interact with Chinese terrorists who use AI to take over American assets. Code of Honor is not only exciting, it is an eye-opening look at espionage and technology.
John
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jack Ryan, Jr. and the Campus team are on the go again, doing what they do best. This time, they are aided and abetted by the President's wife, Cathy, although not in a violent manner. How does Fr. Pat West, S. J., figure into the activities? Is computer gaming software getting too sophisticated? You be the judge.
Travis Wilson
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pure Tom Clancy!

I may be slightly prejudiced, as I've been a voracious reader of Tom Clancy for more than two decades, but this is but another homerun in the pantheon of Clancy novels. They just never get old.
George Rawley
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT

Tom Clancy started the ball rolling and Marc Cameron has added his influence. I'm not sure if I can find a way to make the distinction between the two men.
Highly recommend reading this book.
Sheldon
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cameron has the characters of the Clancey atmosphere down Pat. This book could very well have been by the original author himself. It is full of spying, feelings, treason, violence and cliffhangers. Yup it is well worth some free time.
Joe Lucas
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Enjoyed this yarn. As time has gone on the style of Marc Cameron's storytelling has gotten closer to that of the master and this was the best effort yet. Did a very good job of including all the characters we know and love
Mari
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Convoluted and engaging. Didn't skim at all, like I often have with these Clancy books.
Daniel
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always a great read in the category of techno-thriller.
Pamela  Miller
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Good read but predictable

The Clancy books are becoming form efforts _ same story unfolds in a pattern. Revise the story to be unique.
Phyllis
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
exciting as usual.

Mike Reinking
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Start of the book was a bit awkward and slow but built steadily to an engrossing spy novel. Thoroughly enjoyed it and finished reading it in under two days. Nice job Mr. Cameron!
Gary Kaehler
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story

You can hardly tell it's not Clancy writing. A great story with lifelike characters. I will be ready for the next book.
Ryan Hillis
Nov 21, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A so so Jack Ryan Novel!! Returned back to bookstore
Cheryl
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5. Clancy had gotten a little overbearing in some of his political perspectives. Glad they didn’t make it into this novel.
Mari
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jerry H Hogan
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Average at best.

Rather boring and hard to really get interested in an uninteresting book and unbelievable story. This author has done much better in the past b
Emily
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Mike: Not as daunting as real Clancy, but an interesting page turner nonetheless.
Benjamin Marcher
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Series still going strong.

• Final Option (Oregon Files, #14)
  • Exit Fee (Pike Logan #13.5)
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp #18)
  • Without Remorse (John Clark, #1)
  • Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • The Deserter (Scott Brodie & Maggie Taylor)
  • Robert B. Parker's Angel Eyes (Spenser, #47)
  • Alas, Babylon
  • Sting of the Wasp (Tom Clancy's Op-Center #18)
  • Outfox
  • A Murder in Music City: Corruption, Scandal, and the Framing of an Innocent Man
  • Red Metal
  • As The Crow Flies (Walt Longmire, #8)
  • Last of the Breed
  • Kindness Goes Unpunished (Walt Longmire, #3)
  • Another Man's Moccasins (Walt Longmire, #4)
  • The Dark Horse (Walt Longmire, #5)
A native of Texas, Marc Cameron is a retired Chief Deputy US Marshal who spent nearly thirty years in law enforcement. His assignments have taken him from rural Alaska to Manhattan, from Canada to Mexico and points in between. A second degree black belt in jujitsu, he often teaches defensive tactics to other law enforcement agencies and civilian groups. Cameron lives in Alaska with his wife and ...more

Jack Ryan Universe (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Without Remorse (John Clark, #1)
  • Patriot Games (Jack Ryan, #1)
  • Red Rabbit (Jack Ryan, #2)
  • The Hunt for Red October (Jack Ryan, #3)
  • The Cardinal of the Kremlin (Jack Ryan, #4)
  • Clear and Present Danger (Jack Ryan, #5)
  • The Sum of All Fears (Jack Ryan, #6)
  • Debt of Honor (Jack Ryan, #7)
  • Executive Orders (Jack Ryan, #8)
  • Rainbow Six (John Clark, #2)
“It is human nature to believe the worst in others, because we know the worst about ourselves.” 0 likes