Start by marking “The Second Life of Nathan Jones” as Want to Read:
The Second Life of Nathan Jones

The Second Life of Nathan Jones

The bestselling author of Love Byte is back with this laugh-out-loud hilarious rom com!

Getting hit by a bus was the best thing that ever happened to him…

When one wrong step – and the poor timing of the number 19 bus – send Nathan Jones to the Edinburgh morgue his story should have ended…but then he went and woke up.

Returned to real life Nathan finds a wife disappointed

Kindle Edition
Published August 2nd 2019 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about The Second Life of Nathan Jones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Second Life of Nathan Jones

Start your review of The Second Life of Nathan Jones
Erin
Oct 03, 2019 added it
Shelves: contemporary, dnf
Yikes. Just yikes. I had to DNF at 30% because there was already so much bad I couldn't handle it.

Nathan Jones life ended after he was hit by a bus that is where his story should have ended, but when he woke up in a morgue, he left everyone baffled. But, now his world has been turned upside down as his wife has left him to be the father to their three kids.

I didn't get in far enough to really judge the characters, but from what I saw none of them really left me with the good vibes that left me
Halina Connelly
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Girl meets boy at the mortuary. I don’t think Mills and Boon have tackled that one yet.
Alison Cairns
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am trying to read books just now without looking at the genre or the blurb. So this was a lovely surprise. I expected it to be about the title character Nathan Jones, and focus on his personality and feelings. He was the focus, the centre of what was going on; marriage break up, new romance, custody battle; but there was so much more. From the minute Kat found him in the morgue she was the central character, and we learned more of her feelings and background. She was hilarious - I'd love to ...more
Karschtl
4,5 Stars

This book was funny, quirky and peculiar - but in a good way!

It starts off a bit like the 80s movie "War of the Roses". While the husband is having a serious medical emergency (and in this case is even believed to be dead!), the wife is not sad at all but thinks "mmmh, this freedom actually feels kinda good!".

At least this gives Nathan the chance to get to know his life-saver Kat a bit better. And discover she might be a better fit for him than his snobbish wife Laura. She, of course,
Judy Christiana
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I read by this author. I definitely like his writing style. I loved his humor. Many times I was just reading along and then wham! I read a sentence that had me laughing out loud and carrying on, and it was a great feeling! I honestly do not laugh out loud often. I find things funny, but do not laugh. This book had me laughing so many times.

I love the quirky, odd characters. I love that they all have issues, but are dealing with them and have become the champions of their
Joanne
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
From the opening line, this book had me smiling. "Getting killed hadn't been part of Nathan Jones's plans for Saturday afternoon." As it turned out, Nathan wasn't dead, although waking up in the mortuary and meeting Kat certainly changed his life. Nathan is a bit nonplussed throughout the book first by almost dying, then by his wife leaving him, then really by all that happened in his family situation.

I really liked Kat and her friend Hayley, who were both misfits in their own ways when they
Belladonna
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
The opening line of this book had me intrigued and I was hooked. "Getting killed hadn't been part of Nathan Jones's plans for Saturday afternoon." Nathan was hit by a bus and pronounced dead and waking up in the mortuary where he meets Kat certainly changed his life. Nathan is a bit first by almost dying and then by his wife leaving him and their three daughters.
The writing was beautifully done with some funny lines and the dialogue being fast paced.
I wanted to love this book but sadly I didn't
Donna Hines
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
What tangled webs we weave but what if we could escape by getting hit by a bus?
Seems far fetched but life is all about second chances right?
In this case Nathan was given that 2nd chance to make it right but with whom and why is probably the better question to ask oneself.
What if your married life is nothing more than a bicker aka bitch fest and you prefer to separate while fighting over the visitation and other issues such as relationships outside the marriage.
This sounds like a recipe for
Jenny C
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book more than I did unfortunately. The
Premise was good and I liked the main female ‘Kat’ who was a bit quirky and different from the usual women in this type of book, being a goth and working in a mortuary. This book felt like it should have more depth, one of the storylines being a divorce with children in the middle. But I didn’t think it went deep enough. The ex wife is so unlikeable I found her a little far fetched. Nathan is fine, but I’m not sure I’d have put as
Lilly Schmaltz
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Thank you to NetGalley, Harper Impluse and Killer Reads, and One More Chapter for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I really wanted to love this book. After seeing that it was similar to Eleanor Oliphant, I had really high hopes. I found the entire plot to be entirely unrealistic and a bit creepy. Nathan Jones was killed by a bus, but not really, and is found alive in the morgue by Kat. Kat begins her quest to date Nathan and not-so-subtly convinces (forces?) him
Tams M
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I found the beginning of the book a little confusing at times. The point of view is from three different characters but there is nothing to tell you who’s head you are in, so occasionally I would be a page into the chapter before working out who was talking. Later on it’s mostly from Kat so it’s much easier to follow. I thought the story was a little far fetched in places, and I must admit to skipping over some pages to hurry the story along. I was curious to see how the story would end though, ...more
Kim
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
I think I enjoyed this book more in the beginning than the middle and end. From the title I figured this book would be all about Nathan, but it is actually more about Kat which confused me. Kat was mostly the narrator and I found that a bit strange. Overall the story is fine but there are just too many strange things going on to really connect with the reader.

The terrible relationship between Nathan and Laura was barely touched on. Laura's actions after Nathan's accident were appalling sure but
Fiona
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, read-2019
Nathan Jones is not living life to the full. In fact he is not living life to the half. Stuck in a rut with a bland marriage and job he gets hit by a bus and is pronounced dead.

However, Nathan Jones comes back from the dead. Not as a vampire or as a ghost (or a walker) he comes back as Nathan Jones. However, his wife has decided she quite liked the idea of life without her husband and moves to London with a new job.

The mortuary attendant Kat is no hand though and what follows is quite a nice
Jayasri KS
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! This book is such a happy read for me. I loved reading every word of this book. When Nathan Jones is resuscitated from death due to some rare syndrome, how his life changes is the theme of the book.

The dry humour in the book is outstanding and I laughed out loud in many places earning weird glances. But who cares? The characters are funny and quirky and I imagined being in their company.

The author did a great job in writing these characters each with their own quirkiness. There is
Bonnie Demoss
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Second Life of Nathan Jones is an entertaining romantic comedy. Nathan gets hit by a bus and seems to be dead but comes back to life in the morgue. Kat, a goth girl who works there, discovers him alive and is instantly attracted. What follows Is a funny and heartwarming, sometimes heartbreaking, tale of second chances. If you enjoy romantic comedies, quirky humor, and stories about getting another chance in
Karen Fan
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was way better than I was expecting! Surprisingly cute, funny, and heartwarming! Even the clueless hero don’t annoy me while I was reading; I felt he was hapless, but charming. And I loved Millie! She could have easily gone the spoiled brat route, but they made her smart and the voice of reason; such a lovely surprise!
Pam Chantrell
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I was expecting way more than the book delivered unfortunately. Nathan doesn't seem particularly grateful for, or enthused about, his second chance at life. Two women fighting over him, one who seems like a nasty piece of work and the other who forgives him for being a nasty piece of work, mean that the rom-com elements feel a bit weird. Decent enough but not great.
RavenclawLibraryBooks
Nathan was hit by a bus and pronounced dead and waking up in the mortuary where he meets Kat certainly changed his life. Nathan is a bit stunned first by almost dying and then by his wife leaving him and their three daughters. The opening line of this book had me intrigued, "Getting killed hadn't been part of Nathan Jones's plans for Saturday afternoon."

The writing was fast paced with some funny lines. I wanted to love this book but sadly I didn't.
Nathan I found lacked substance and I couldn't
kieran james bassett
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Laugh out loud read!

A great read with a good story line that makes you really care about the main characters and what happens to them. Goes to prove you never can tell when love will strike!
William Lorusso
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Light started and fun

I loved it. Not what I expected at first but a good read. It shows how love can grow from no where and be the salvation of both people involved.
Martha Bratton
Sep 17, 2019 rated it liked it
What a fun book! I’d love to see this as a movie.
Jul 25, 2019 rated it liked it
While I did finish the book because I wanted to know what happened, I felt there were times where the story dragged on and other points where it moved too fast. This made the book feel a little choppy. I found that I was not too invested in the characters. I was hoping for a light hearted, funny book but I do not think the book quite hit the mark.
Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Laura M. McCoy
Sep 01, 2019
Aisha
Aug 13, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong "David Atkinston" author + merger of his books 3 13 Aug 23, 2019 10:07PM

• Seven Days
  • Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • Four Christmases and a Secret
  • Postscript (P.S. I Love You, #2)
  • The Patient