Start by marking “Wicked Hour” as Want to Read:
Wicked Hour

Wicked Hour

(Heirs of Chicagoland #2)

In the second pulse-pounding novel in the USA Today bestselling Heirs of Chicagoland series, vampire Elisa Sullivan gets drawn into the shifting sands of Pack politics.

Vampires were made, not born--until Elisa Sullivan came along. As the only vampire child in existence, she grew up with a heavy legacy, and tried to flee her past. Then circumstances drew her back to Chicago
Published December 3rd 2019 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Hour, please sign up.
Sarah I'm not sure if the page numbers are the same in the US edition of the book but in the UK edition page 183 is where Elisa starts the transfor…moreI'm not sure if the page numbers are the same in the US edition of the book but in the UK edition page 183 is where <spoiler>Elisa starts the transformation process for Carlie</spoiler>(less)
Rachel Nothing posted yet but it's suggested there will be...Elisa becoming a mobile OMB of sorts, on the road helping sups with their problems. Taking Conno…moreNothing posted yet but it's suggested there will be...Elisa becoming a mobile OMB of sorts, on the road helping sups with their problems. Taking Connor along! Being a great team! Working his way to APEX(less)

Start your review of Wicked Hour
Mara
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook-owned, arc
This book suffers somewhat from sophomore slump, methinks, though I do plan to continue on in the series. I think I would give this a 3.5/4 star for the relationship between Elisa & Connor progressing and a 2.5 star for the plot itself. That dichotomy makes for a somewhat conflicted reading experience for me, but overall, I'm still invested in seeing where these characters go ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really enjoyed this book. This is the second book in the Heirs of Chicagoland series which is a series that is best read in order if at all possible. I had fun with this book from the very start and found it became more entertaining as I worked my way through the story. I found this to be a very solid entry into a promising series.

This book takes Connor and Elisa on a trip. Connor needs to attend an initiation in Minnesota and asks
☕️Kimberly
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While not as intense as the Wild Hunger, I quickly slipped in and enjoyed the characters, mystery and strange happens in this secular clan. The pack bought an old resort and live as humans choosing not to come out as others have. The older members are set in their ways and it’s caused issues with the newer generation.

The mystery involved the death of pack members. Conner and Elisa investigate and trouble follows. Elisa struggles to contain her inner “beast” and a battle with transformed creature
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
Elisa and Connor might have grown up together and their families might be all for this pairing, but that doesn't mean that everyone else will be happy about it. They'll have to overcome hundreds of years of bias, fear and judgement, not to mention some archaic Pack rules to be together. I sure as hell hope they'll weather better than Selene and Michael.

Ugh, that still hurts

P.S.: I love Alexei and the beginning of chemistry between him and Lulu. I live to see how Eleanor of Aquitane will react to
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Chloe Neill has released another book in the Heirs of Chicagoland series. WICKED HOUR continues the fun antics following Elisa Sullivan and her merry crew. I think Neill does a very good job of keeping with the style that so many readers have fallen in love with in this series, so I did enjoy reading about Elisa again.

It was a bit of a slow start for me in the beginning. But I do feel like once we kind of get into the action a bit more, things do pick up more.

Neill pays special attention to
Penny
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was a big fan of the first series starring Elisa’s parents. I wasn’t sure I was going to like this series even after really liking the first one. With this second one, I know I’m going to love it! Elisa is such a strong, confident main character. She doesn’t need protection, but she doesn’t get upset if people try to protect her because she understands the need to protect. Not only that, I loved the mystery, the handling of the mystery, and even how it ended. I also love how Elisa is still fig ...more
Cyndi
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am loving this outtake on the Chicagoland Vampire Series. The daughter of Ethan and Merit has decided to avoid the drama and the politics of the Vampire Houses by not alleging herself to any of them. She wants to define her own identity. Meanwhile she also has a demon living inside of her that she wants to keep from her family.
Remember those kids of your parents friends? You were expected to play together while the parental units drank beers and had barbequed? Well imagine if one of you is t
Beth
What’s a girl to do when one of your favorite series comes to a close? Do a happy dance when Chloe Neill spins off with your favorite characters’ kids. That is just want happens in the second installment of Heirs of Chicagoland, Wicked Hour.

Elisa Sullivan, a vampire born not made, and Connor Keene, son of the pack Apex, fight evils that threaten their home, friends and family. Together they face new threats, as they travel away from their well known and powerful parents to Minnesota, attending a
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

The Heirs of Chicagoland   series continues with a new adventure where we get Connor and Elisa spending a lot more time together on a trip out of town.  Connor is going to a Pack event and takes her along as his date.  They haven't spent much time, even as friends as adults so an out-of-town trip seems odd.

The previou
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews

I received a free copy from the publisher via Netgalley and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

I was really looking forward to this book, as I liked the first book a lot.

This book started out pretty good and strong but at the 30-40% mark it just went downhill and had a hard time ti recover from that.

One I thought as we leaping Chicago we get a little more action on the road and we do get some,

Lauren (The Novel Lush)
3.75...ish? Review written, to be posted closer to release date.
Wicked Hour is the second book in Chloe Neill's Heirs of Chicagoland series which focuses on Merit and Ethan's daughter Elisa. As the only born vampire in existence there is a lot that Elisa doesn't know about herself and her abilities and she has nobody else to ask either so she's forging her own path. Her biggest struggle is controlling the darkness inside and it's a battle she's been fighting alone because she doesn't want to worry her parents.

The only person who knows the full extent of her
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Paranormal / Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Thoughts*

Wicked Hour is the Second installment in author Chloe Neill's Heirs of Chicagoland series. 23-year old Elisa Sullivan is an unaffiliated rogue born vampire living in the city of Chicago where Houses are everything. She lives with her best friend Lulu Bell who has refused to use any of her witch powers as live normally. Elisa works for the Ombudsman office where her grandfather once worked but the work is quite boring. Also, El
Tabatha
I can’t wait to see where Neill takes us with this one. This series is definitely high on my list of most anticipated releases.
Tori
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second in Neill's Heirs of Chicagoland welcomes us back into the lives of the children of the two most powerful families on chi town's supernatural landscape-Elisa Sullivan and Connor Keene. Once again Elisa and Connor are drawn into supernatural politics; only this time it's the Pack that is the problem. Action-packed with a welcoming vein of humor as Neill continues to evolve Elisa and Conner as individuals and as a couple. Cameos from the parent series entertains and offers valuable insig ...more
Catherine
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I continue to love this series and I’m so glad Chloe Neill decided to write it.
This one had less Ethan and Merit than I would’ve liked but I get that Neill is trying to avoid writing the same series twice.
I like Elisa a lot, too. And Conner definitely endeared himself to me a lot more in this book.
Tanya Davis
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Wicked Hour is the second book in the Heirs of Chicagoland series. We've moved on from Merit and Ethan and now follow there daughter Elisa. In Wicked Hour, we've moved out of Chicago and into the woods of Minnesota. It really helps to establish Elisa as her own character, apart from Cadogan House.

Connor Keene, son of the Apex of the North American

Pam Nelson
I am already in love with this series, Elisa and Connor’s relationship really starts to come together. I am sure it won’t be easy with him being in line to be Apex and Elisa being vampire but I think they will work it out.

This was an interesting story Connor invited Elisa to a private Pack event and things kind of when awry but I figured that would happen it’s the way it all went down and how entertaining it was. I just couldn’t put the book down.

Elisa is still battling the “monster” within bu
Nora-adrienne
Loved the Chicagoland series and this one is also rocking my evening with a great read.
Amy lifewiththe_williams
Wow. I saw someone’s review that said this one suffered sophomore slump and I could not DISAGREE more! This book was just as action packed and fast paced as the first and as the entire Chicagoland series! I am loving the growth and development of characters and situations!
J.T. Brooks
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This sequel, in Chloe Neill’s Heirs of Chicagoland series, has Elisa and Connor traveling to Minnesota where they deal with a shifter community split between pretending to be human or outting themselves as supernaturals. Connor is not only there to support his pack, but to continue growing his skills to follow his dream of becoming Apex. Elisa came with Connor to see where their budding relationship is going, as well as to use her detective skills to help solve crimes happening in the shifter co ...more
aarya

I really like Elisa/Connor as a couple and am enjoying this series far more than the previous one. I wasn’t as interested in the main paranormal mystery subplot, though.

Disclaimer: I received a free e-ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Cassandra Grogan
Enjoyed this series so far. Conner and Elisa are growing closer and it is the parts they will have to play out for the destiny that is supposed to happen. I really hope in the next book she talks more about her “monster” because I feel that it is not a bad thing but she needs to embrace it a little more. Now to just wait for the next books which I’m kinda crappy about hence why I usually wait till more books of the series come out.

Also I love the damn cat well and lulu too.
Steph
Wicked Hour continues Neill's Chicagoland spin-off with Elisa, born, not made vampire and daughter of Merit and Ethan of Cadogan House as well as Connor, son of the North American Central Pack Apex Gabriel Keene. Elisa is unaffiliated with her parent's house and Connor is expected to be the next Apex. This installment picks up several weeks following the events of Wild Hunger and the relationship between them, which began as bickering children, is changing.
“What kind of prince do you wa
Aly
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even if the relationship wasn't defined into words, Elisa is dating Connor, her chilhood nemesis and son of the Shifter's Apex's leader. Connor ask her to accompany him in Minnesota for a relative's initiation into the clan because he wants her presence but he also sense that there could be trouble. Just like her parents, Elisa adress supernatural problems and will have to deal with Pack's politics.

I felt like there was less action in this book than in the others. But I can't say it bothered me.
TJ
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVE these characters! Especially love that Elisa and Conner are actually moving forward in their relationship - YUM!!! Also love the world, the friendships, the loyalty and the challenges that come from the son of the apex alpha and the only vampire-born child in history (who just happens to have a monster inside.)

This series is more of an urban fantasy, mystery series than the more action-packed Chicagland Vampire series it stems from, though. And this story did drag at times. Still it is an a
Theresa
4.5 Stars... When prince of the shifters, Connor Keene, invites the only known born vampire, Elisa Sullivan, to a shifter initiation, sparks, fangs, and claws are bound to fly... When these two powerful supernaturals, find discord in the pack that leads to murder, truths must be uncovered and authority must be challenged... In a twisted tale of magic leading to chaos and death, Elisa and Connor must face their own demons, doubts, and supernatural biology in order to bring justice and peace to th ...more
 ♥Lynn ♥
I was a little hesitant to dive into this book. The first book in the new spin-off series was just okay and didn't really hold my interest like the original series. However this book delivered. I can't wait to read the next book!
Pam
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Not quite 4 stars. 3.7 stars. I did enjoy this one more than Wild Hunger. I would like to see more of the relationship between Elisa and Connor. The ending felt a bit rushed.
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: january-2020
/working on review/
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 1 3 Apr 21, 2020 11:05PM

• Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • The Library of the Unwritten (Hell's Library #1)
  • Sharpest Sting (Elemental Assassin, #18)
  • Find Me Their Bones (Bring Me Their Hearts, #2)
  • American Demon (The Hollows, #14)
  • The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)
  • The Darkest Captive (Lords of the Underworld, #14.5)
  • Shield of the People (Maradaine Elite, #2)
  • Spells for the Dead (Soulwood #5)
  • Merry Inkmas
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • The Takeover Effect (The Singh Family, #1)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Southern Eclectic, #3)
  • Crush the King  (Crown of Shards, #3)
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
Chloe Neill is the New York Times bestselling author of the Heirs of Chicagoland, Chicagoland Vampires Novels, Devil's Isle Novels, and Dark Elite novels. Chloe was born and raised in the South, but now makes her home in the Midwest. When she's not writing, she bakes, works, and scours the Internet for good recipes and great graphic design. Chloe also maintains her sanity by spending time with her ...more

Heirs of Chicagoland (3 books)
  • Wild Hunger (Heirs of Chicagoland, #1)
  • Shadowed Steel (Heirs of Chicagoland #3)