Start by marking “If I Can Make It Here” as Want to Read:
If I Can Make It Here

If I Can Make It Here

Is it too late for coffee or too early for wine? That’s a question Madeline Burke has come to ask herself all too often. She needs a change, and a big one at that.
Coming into her late 20s, she finally finds the courage to pull herself out of a boring 9-to-5 life in Texas and launch the exciting new career she’s always dreamed about. Thanks to a little chutzpah and some qu
Published April 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about If I Can Make It Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Can Make It Here

Start your review of If I Can Make It Here
Toya (the reading chemist)
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was immediately drawn to this book for two reasons: 1) The cover is absolutely gorgeous. The pastels reminded me of warmer weather. 2) The opening line from the blurb: Is it too late for coffee or too early for wine? As a grad student who is stressed out all time, I can’t even tell you the amount of times that I have asked this very question.

The story opens with Madeline Burke on a plane headed to finally start a career in the film industry in New York City while leaving a not so thrilling ca
Taylor
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it
If I Can Make It Here is all about Madeline, who quits her job and moves to New York, a city that she loves, for an internship. She doesn't know how everything is going to play out, but she knows that she has to take a chance. Madeline loves the city and is so excited to be living there, and even though not everyone in her new office is supportive of her, she really wants to make it in her new life.

Madeline really annoyed me at the beginning of the book. I didn't love her personality or why she
Nadesly || nadysbookblog
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
If I Can Make it Here by Jamie Rose was such an enjoyable read! It was funny, witty, relatable, and I caught myself laughing and smiling throughout the entire thing!

Madeline, our main character is absolutely hilarious. She's anxious, sort of hot mess and has a understandable love affair with wine. She makes her way to New York from Texas and you get to go along for the complicated ride that is film publicity, work drama, movies, celebrities and romance. This book had a bit of everything and eve
Amy |wheresshereading
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
“There is no place in the world like NYC. It was a beautiful backdrop for anyone with an ounce of hope, wonder, or optimism in their heart. The streets were paved with hard work and ideas, built by those who had arrived in search of the American dream. It was the perfect canvas for talented and tenacious people eager to start their lives.”
If I Can Make It Here is a story about following your dreams wherever they take you, standing up for yourself no matter who tries to take your integrity and b
Leslie - Shobizreads
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I listened to the audio version of this book without knowing any of the plot. Overall, it was an enjoyable listen. I'm not a huge romance book reader, so at times, this was a little too romantically cheesy for me and felt like a soap opera. That being said, I enjoyed the New York City references and there was a tiny part to figure out who was the leak at the company, so a little bit of intrigue.

Katie
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was just what I needed!! Easy, fun, lovely little read by author Jamie Rose. This I believe is her debut novel!!
The characters were so very likeable. Great match up!! Drake was just the sweetest and would be great to clone him just for me!! Ha!!
Really loves this book and refreshed my reading brain!!
Samantha March
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YES! I have hit a bit of rough patch with my reading choices lately, and If I Can Make It Here came along at the perfect time to get me back on track. The cover immediately called to me, but the synopsis had me hooked. New York, working with celebrities … I was all to jump into this chick lit story and had such a fun time reading it. Madeline is a sweet lead, moving from Texas to New York and working in film publicity, knowing no one in the big city. Drama ensues with her internship, not with th ...more
Nicole Altherr
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
If I Can Make It Here by Jamie Rose
⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

Another good book -- I'm on a roll with four and five star books lately!
This is the story of Madeline proving to herself that she's strong and capable enough to make it in a high stakes city doing a high stakes job. After working in a cubicle for years, Madeline packs up her Texas life and sets off to NYC to intern in the film industry. She learns quickly that if she wants to make it in NYC, she's going to have to be tough.
I loved that so much of this bo
Paola Fajardo
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommended by a Youtuber I follow. A very light reading that I probably could have finished if I was on a long haul fligh. Fresh grad from Texas came to New York (concrete jungle where dreams are made of) to pursue her dream of being in the PR / Entertainment industry. It was alright, nothing to analyse or dig deeper in the story line. I read it just to get myself back into the reading headspace. If you’re up for a “Budget Devil Wears Prada” story line and are a light reader, go pick this up.

T
Megan L (Iwanttoreadallthebooks)
If I Can Make It Here by Jamie Rose is the fun light story of Madeline Burke's move from Texas to New York City as she follows her dreams of being in film publicity. Madeline is so relatable: from her love of wine to her overwhelming anxiety, she's a great character! The story was a quick enjoyable read with romance and intrigue. As someone who is from New York, I really enjoyed the setting and Madeline's descriptions of the different places she goes in NYC.

An enjoyable, witty read that made me
Carol Eshaghy
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
My daughter in law bought me this book that was written by a girl who goes to her church. It was a fun read about a girl from Houston who goes to NYC, gets a job as a movie publicist and finds romance. Enjoyable read by a first time author.
Modern Miss Granger
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Loved this book! The characters were relatable and I was not ready for the story to end.
Trisha A.
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

This was my first time reading this author. The plot moved along well and the characters were lively. I enjoyed the twist and turns of the story. Well done!
Bethany Clark
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING! Review to follow shortly!
Amanda
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute book!

Loved the book & read it in 2 days! My love for NYC made it even better. Wish it were part of a series!
Emily Dockery
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing, witty, and heartwarming! Loved every chapter and page!
Ashley
Jun 13, 2019 rated it liked it
🎧 3.5 🌟

Madeline was persistent and didn't give up with all the shit she dealt with and it made me proud 😊 It was also a good reminder to not let people walk all over you. I enjoyed listening to this one! Stephanie Kay did an excellent job narrating 👌
Sara
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Equal parts romance, mystery, and drama, If I Can Make It Here details out the experiences Madeline has when she finds herself out of her element in the film publicity world. One of the most appreciative aspects to Madeline’s personality, is the realistic approach shown when she’s dealing with those uncomfortable and awkward situations, given the anxiety that appears at the most inopportune times. I could literally feel the struggle while she’s working through it all, not entirely sure on how I ...more
Jamie Rose
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lisa

• Such a Fun Age
  • Mr. Nobody
  • Saint X
  • The Grace Year
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • This Is Not How It Ends
  • Otherwise Engaged
  • The Confetti Pact
  • Things You Save in a Fire
  • The Friend Zone
  • The Half Sister
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Fairy Tales for Millennials: 12 Problematic Stories Retold for the Modern World
  • The Antidote For Everything