Start by marking “Rise of Gaia” as Want to Read:
Rise of Gaia

Rise of Gaia

Beneath rock and soil, trees and oceans, she lies.

Under concrete jungles and poisoned rivers, she slumbers.

She is Mother Earth.

And mankind has turned its back on its mother.

The visions begin on Terran’s seventeenth birthday. Horrifying images pummel her brain, while a voice commands her to see beyond the world she thought she knew and into the heart of it. Gaia has
Paperback
Published August 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Rise of Gaia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rise of Gaia

Start your review of Rise of Gaia
Vanessa Maldonado
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just as expected, this novel did not disappoint. Once again, Kristin Ward did an amazing job of pulling me into the Terran's world. Terran is a young girl who begins to have these intense unexplainable visions swirl around in her head. She eventually finds she has a deeper purpose on this Earth and it is something she never imagined. This novel was captivating and there were some unexpected jaw dropping twists, especially the ending.
There were a few very poignant moments that were utterly breat
Natasha Clark-French
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Toni Kief
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing story that's time is now. There were a couple small typos that didn't distract from the story. Mother Earth is angry and knows the abuse has to stop. Terran will she answer the call? Does she have a choice. Don't miss this book.
Angel White
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is am amazing story. I absolutely love the dynamic between Terran and Beth. I found myself laughing during many moments of their kinship. It almost makes me miss high school...almost. 🤣 Their friendship stood the test with a selfless sacrifice that saves everything.

Terran is a great MC and I felt myself struggling along with her. I can relate to her being a nature lover and a quiet unknown floater in social circles.

The main theme of this story is so relevant to our societ
Britt
As I was reading this book, there was one particular story that stuck out in my mind that this book most reminded me of.

When I first read the summary for Rise of Gaia, I thought right off the bat that this story gave me strong Moana vibes. And I was right — sort of. The drama and central conflict in this story would be sort of like if Te Fiti/Te Kā from Moana had been on steroids of epic proportions. Likewise, the main character in Rise of Gaia, Terran, would be similar to Moana if M
Tiffany
I received a digital arc in exchange for an honest review. This is simply my opinion on the book and is not influenced by any external factor.

This is the first book I have read by this author, and I can say with confidence I was not disappointed!

Set in modern day Oregon and highlighting the threats to the environment, Terran began hearing voices in her head on her 17th birthday. After speaking with her friend and ultimately, a medium, she leans that Gaia (also known as Mother Earth)
DragonReader167
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books-read
It's set in modern day Oregon, and we follow Terran, our main protagonist.

It's a first person point of view, so we get some decent insight as to how Terran developes throughout the story. I personally don't go for first person stories, but the author pulls it off surprisingly well.

The basis of the story is as the blurb states. Mother Earth (Gaia) has awoken, and is calling forth her chosen to fight for her, to take vengeance on man because of its greed for more than the e
Elliot Vasquez
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What caught my attention is that I've always wondered, "What would happen if Gaia became sentient"? So when I read the description of the book I was all in.

Now as for the book the story itself at times seems like it stalls or hands as the author tries to bring the reader to terms with the reality of the situation. The main character seems a bit rushed in so much as how she struggles within herself and comes to term within a few chapters. I think the story the author created had enoug
Lisa MK
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-reads
Terran discovers that she is the daughter of Gaia, put on the earth to help carry out her will. Gaia is angry and Terran struggles to bring together her love for those in her life and Gaia’s will.

The story is interesting and the characters are okay but, honestly, it was difficult for me to get into this book. There was quite a bit happening all at once but it felt repetitive and, at times, like the story wasn’t really moving forward.

This book is very introspective, with t
Patti
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overall rating: 4.5

An action packed stand-alone filled with plot twists and unexpected trials! This MC faces conflict between the will of a parent versus the fate of friends. Mother Nature takes a surprising role in this tale making this storyline very unique. Parts of this felt slightly laggy but the tale itself kept me reading. I couldn’t help but notice the parallel between our reality and the this book. Hopefully this doesn’t trigger anyone. All my reviews are always voluntarily
A.Female.Bibliophile's

-Good worldbuilding
-Interesting plot
-Good plot twists

What I Wasn't the Biggest Fan Of:
-A bit repetitive & rushed at times
-I didn't fall in love with any of the characters; needs more characterization

Overall good book!
Jennifer Dunski
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! A truly wonderful standalone story! "Rise Of Gaia" has it all....friendship, kinship, hate, rage, love and pain. This story brings out all the feels!
The characters are fantastic, the storyline a down right harsh reality, although the story is anything but and the world building is truly astounding!
Absolutely a great book!
Debbie Eyre
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW what a read! Well written with a fantastic storyline the author has built an amazing world that you can easily get lost in! Action packed and filled with twists and turns you can really feel mother nature’s (Gaia) wrath at how badly the earth has been treated and you can easily compare it to our world today! A fast paced read with a great MC this is definitely well worth a read!
Kaili Taghon (Entertainingly Nerdy)
This is why indie authors need more recognition. Rise of gaia is really fast paced and kept me interested through the entire book. It actually kind of reminds me of a cooler version of the movie 2012.
NanaShauna Joesten
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an Epic Read. Its fast paced and action packed. The Author has done a fantastic job at World building, and the Characters are brought out great. I was able to visualise the scenes as I read. Just like I was there in the story. I definitely recommend.
Shauna Joesten
Terra
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was wow, amazing! The way it started it got me hooked and I just couldn't stop reading.

I was just taken on an incredible journey with this amazing book! This book is full of such creativity and I truly hope we get mote books from this talented author.
Paige
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is AMAZING! Anyone who loves Mother Nature with fall in love with this story. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys nature and believes a little bit in coincidences/fate.
Loren Hall
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a story.

This was a great read. The characters were very believable and the story line moved right along.
I would recomend this book to anyone.
Deb Wissell
Jean Craven
The YA Book Club: Goodreads Giveaway for Rise of Gaia! 1 6 Oct 04, 2019 02:49PM
Addicted to YA: Rise of Gaia - YA SciFi-Fantasy! 1 4 Jul 25, 2019 01:25PM
The YA Book Club: YA SciFi-Fantasy upcoming release! 1 12 Jul 24, 2019 09:37PM
Goodreads Authors...: YA SciFi-Fantasy upcoming release! 1 2 Jul 24, 2019 09:30PM

• Crystal Wing Academy (Outling #1)
  • Seer (Seer, #1)
  • Flame Guardian
  • Fire & Flood (Mount Olympus Academy, #1)
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • Midnight
  • Bound by the Depths (Pirate's Bluff #2)
  • An Ignorant Witch
  • The Dragon Princess: Sleeping Beauty Reimagined
  • Knights of Arcanum Academy
  • Scarlet Huntress
  • Zodiac Academy: Ruthless Fae: An Academy Bully Romance (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #2)
  • Visions of Fate (The Venatrix Chronicles, #2)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes #2)
  • Junior Witch (Supernatural Academy #3)
  • Crown of Dragons: Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed Book One
  • The Witch Born to Ignite (Inferno Book 1)
  • Spellcaster Academy: The Dark Curse, Episode 2
Kristin Ward has loved writing since middle school but took thirty years to do something serious with it. The result is her Best Indie Book Award-winning YA novel, After the Green Withered, followed by the sequel, Burden of Truth. In her YA SciFi-Fantasy, Rise of Gaia, Kristin intertwines her environmental passions with fantasy elements, creating a world that holds a secret deep within its heart.

She lives in a small