Start by marking “Fox Hunt (Shifter U, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fox Hunt (Shifter U, #4)

Fox Hunt

(Shifter U #4)

Outfoxing their enemies will be a bear of a task.

Aspiring journalist and fox shifter David ends up with a target on his back after hacking the Moreau Initiative, the shifter world’s greatest enemy. But he won’t let that stop him from the campus tour road trip that’ll help him become the next Anderson Cooper… even if his family insists he travel with a grumpy grizzly bear
Published July 2nd 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Fox Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fox Hunt

Joyfully Jay
Shelves: elizabeth
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

All fox shifter David Sherman wanted to do was help a friend. He hadn’t meant to bring the attention of the Moreau Initiative down onto the Shifter Council. And he hadn’t meant to get caught using his mother’s computer, especially when, as the head of the council overseeing shifters in the western part of the United States, she has important information in her files — files someone very nearly hacked because of David.

Read Elizabeth’s review in its entirety here.

Alisa
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it

Very entertaining. Full review to come.
Serena Yates
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay, shifters, read-2019
This latest installment in the ‘Shifter U’ series is as entertaining, action-packed, and suspenseful as the first three volumes. Set in a contemporary world where shifters are not known to humans and congregate at certain universities and places where they feel comfortable, the stories are loosely connected but can be read as standalones. ‘Fox Hunt’ features David, a fox shifter who wants to be a journalist, and Buddy, a grizzly bear shifter hired to be his bodyguard after David inadvertently dr ...more
Becca
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! I need to read the rest of this series now. It's fun, full of thrills, excitement and suspense. The characters are sassy, but good. So determined they prove who they are.
David has always felt like he was stuffed under his brother's shadow. His brother was the favored one, the one who did everything right. And now that David had been caught in a hacking scheme that could lead to the shifters being found and found out, he's even more convinced he's nothing but a mess up. But he's
Kristin
This is a fast, endearing, and sweet read. What I consider brain-candy reading - light and fun.

When I requested it, I didn’t realize it was part of the Shifter U series – I’ve read the first (Stalking Buffalo Bill) and missed the last two. This can be read as a stand-alone.

Blurb summarizes the plot well enough, so I won’t rehash. For the most part, I enjoyed the characters. Where I struggled with was a combination of David’s insistence that he wasn’t in any danger – despite something like four
Ami

After making himself a target because he unknowingly let Moreau Initiative hacks the shifter network while trying to look for information on the deep web, David Sherman reluctantly lets Buddy Brady be his bodyguard, as David visits graduate school colleges. Of course, David doesn’t believe that there’s an actual threat … except the attraction that he is developing for the older bear shifter.

This is the latest story in Leigh Bailey’s “Shifter U” series… and it has a connection with the p
Elaine White
** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK FOR MY READING PLEASURE **
Reviewed for Divine Magazine

~

Fox Hunt (Shifter U #4), by J. Leigh Bailey
★★★★★
268 Pages
POV: 1st person, one character
Content Warning: mentions of human/shifter trafficking and experimentation (off page)

Fox Hunt is another great action/adventure/romance book in the incredible Shifter U series. It is so rare that I pick up a series and give every book 5 stars. That each book is unique from the others, that it is just as engaging, entertaining, and
Natosha Wilson
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. I really really do!!! Each book is different but each book brings together current and past characters. It makes each read so much better that is for sure!!! Another thing about this series is each book has an element of mystery and danger to them and this book followed suit. I love how this book was so action packed with both serious undertones and also some silliness as well by one or more of the characters.

David is an aspiring journalist. He went to Cody college and is now
ChaosMoondrawn
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would rate this 4 stars.

This is the fourth book in this series, but can sincerely be read as a standalone. I haven't read all the series in order, but didn't feel at a disadvantage at all. In fact, this is a great example of how to blend pertinent information into a story without awkward or wordy recaps. In the course of doing a favor for a friend, David hacks something that brings him to the attention of the Moreau Initiative, a group of scientists researching and experimenting on shifters.
Loïc
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shifter U is a series that I discovered thanks to the Dreamspun Beyond subscriptions. I loved the previous volume The Night Owl and the Insomniac and I was impatient to discover David's story that the author had left in a precarious situation at the end of the last books.
As for The Night Owl and the Insomniac, I had a lot of fun reading this new story and learning more about two characters that had been discovered vaguely previously. David is a very independent, stubborn and extremely naive char
Angela Seubert
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new to me author and this is the fourth book in this series, yet it can be read as a standalone as this is the first book by this author that I have read and I was very easily able to understand and I never felt like I was missing something. I really liked this book it was fun and low angst, yet very engrossing as I found it hard to put it down. I will absolutely be reading the first three as well as other books by this author.

David is a fox shifter and boy has he managed to step in it
Soumets et' Obéir
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Appearances can be deceiving as well as basing ones opinion on an individual based on past behaviour and innuendo. In this case, both men are privy to it. David bases his initial assessment of Buddy on appearance. Big man, meant to follow orders, low intelligence. Buddy does the same. However, as each man gets to know the other they discover that's incorrect. There is more to each man.

David finds Theo to be sweet and nuturing. He wants more than to be an enforcer. He wants to help and not hurt.
Kragthang
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-paranormal
After the events in The Night Owl and the Insomniac this book, again, deals with the Moreau Initiative. A few new things come to light, but overall the threat towards shifters is still there. The story between David and Buddy was pretty cute, but the whole shebang was lacking a bit.
From my perspective Buddy wasn't really a good bodyguard, he did a few things a security person shouldn't. And David, for all his being proud of his deductive skills, missed a few things, a good journalist would have
Shannon
Shelves: mm
This book is the fourth book of the Shifter U series, but you don’t really need to read the previous books. There are some moments that would make sense if you did read them. But it’s to give flavour to the story and enhance it a bit.
The story revolves around David, a university student intent on finding the right university for his career in journalism. With a terrorist group intent on getting of his skills and talents as a hacker, his mother insists that a bear shifter enforcer goes along on
Anabela.M.
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FUN! FUN! FUN!
This is my first book by J. Leigh Bailey and I must say that I've become this author's newest fan,because after I finished reading it I have David and Buddy to ad to my list of favorite characters.

David has a knack for getting himself in trouble or putting his foot in his mouth. He's irreverent, sassy and with absolutely no filter. He's just so darn cute!

And Buddy...he's my favorite kind of man: big and gentle,stern and caring,protective and giving and I love how sweet and adorabl
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Shelves: finished-reading
This is the first time I have read a book by this author & I will admit that I really enjoyed reading this wonderful, highly entertaining shifter romance. The plot is intriguing with some unusual events & the characters are quite well-developed.
There is: a fox shifter & aspiring journalist (David) with a target on his back, The grumpy grizzle bear shifter (Buddy Brady) who happens to be attracted to him, various kinds of shifters, a shifter council, a devious company (Monroe Institut
Dixiecowgirl
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Being seen and loved for who you are is amazing! I so enjoyed David and Buddy's journey. They start out very different men with little in common and as time goes by, we find so many common themes for them. They connect on a very special level and i will hold their story dear. I really liked both MC's and loved how Buddy became Theo to David.

The writing flowed and the story-line was creative and well written. I liked many of the supporting characters and hope to see David's brother find his own
Rachwithheadinabook
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fun shifter story, a light, entertaining read, that is a part of a series, but can be read as a standalone. A bodyguard to lovers romp, after almost getting caught hacking the enemy of shifters, it is decided that David will have a bodyguard on his trip, The relationship with Buddy was fun and organic in how it evolved, but David I found to be slightly irritating, as he completely disregarded Buddy’s assertion that he was in danger, until it was almost too late. The chemistry between D ...more
Lillian Francis
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I started this book I didn't realise it was book 4 of a series but I don't think that impacted too badly on my reading experience. This is a bodyguard to lovers story. There was no immediate attraction, in fact guys had to learn how to co-exist before they could even become friends.
Bearing in mind the situation that had caused David to need a bodyguard I think the guys were a bit slow on the uptake when people started shooting at them :) What starts as a road trip tale soon ends up as an ev
kathleen
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this sweet romance. I loved the interactions between David and Buddy(Theo). They fit so well together. On a road trip that is filled with drama, danger and so much more they find their way to happiness.

They mystery will keep you turning the pages but the heart and sparks will have you swooning. I loved how each truly saw who the other person! The acceptance and devotion given is so sweet. Who could resist a big ole teddy bear? Not David!

While this is the fourth in a series it c
Violet  Marshall
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in The Shifter U Series. I would suggest reading the previous books in the series first it will make this book a better read. A good book the writing was okay. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters likeable. The characters were developed and thought out. Theo (Buddy) and David are the MC’s of this book. There were a few places that some detail or information was needed to improve the read. I did enjoy the reading ...more
Kristina
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I know this was the fourth book in the series but I didn't realize it until after I finished – I was able to follow along with everything as it happened. The characters were great and their shifter sides were awesome.

I think a bear and fox shifter couple is new for me and I've read quite a few odd pairings over the years.

David is a driven young man who knows who he is and what he wants to do in life; he also has a lot of sass and "I don't need anyone to look after me" mentality, which can be g
Kathryn Manzella
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fox Hunt by J. Leigh Bailey is the fouth book in the ShifterU series but can be read as a stand alone. It is a light and fun read with lots of action, mystery, suspense, danger, fun... and shifters! Oh and a sweet evolution of a relationship and scorching heat! David and Buddy take us on a great ride that I thoroughly enjoyed.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and recommendation.
Celine
I quite enjoyed the story of Buddy and David. I loved how different they were and how they slowly develop a friendship and that becomes a beautiful love.
They are both head strong but learn to live with each other and respect each other.

I didn't see some things coming till the end, which was great and made me devour the book as fast as I could.

Really recommend for the story and the love
Denise GremoryKohta
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think what I loved most about David and Buddy’s story was how they took the time to really listen and get to know each other. You can’t miss some things when you spend that much time together but you can overlook if you don’t pay attention. Both thought of the other. Add in the danger and suspense it was a very exciting read. And seeing past characters is always a plus.
Christi Snow
B+ rating...
HAYLEY SMITH
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have never read a book by this author before or any other books in this series, but I really liked it and thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Nicely paced with engaging leads and a good storyline!
Ali
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5

This was a good story, I haven’t read any other the other Shifter U stories and other than some side references I don’t think it took away from enjoying this book. David has gotten himself into a bit of a pickle and forced to have a bodyguard while visiting grad schools. Buddy is a misunderstood, not necessarily in a bad way, man and has never really gotten the chance to do what he has always wanted.

Unfortunate
Sabella
Jul 26, 2019
Sylvie
Sep 07, 2019
j. leigh bailey is an office drone by day and the author of Young Adult and New Adult LGBT Romance by night. She can usually be found with her nose in a book or pressed up against her computer monitor. A book-a-day reading habit sometimes gets in the way of... well, everything...but some habits aren't worth breaking. She's been reading romance novels since she was ten years old. The last twenty ye ...more

Shifter U (4 books)
  • Stalking Buffalo Bill (Shifter U, #1)
  • Chasing Thunderbird (Shifter U #2)
  • The Night Owl and the Insomniac (Shifter U, #3)
“I had no idea that a burly man working through yoga poses would be more exciting to me than a lap dance at a strip club.” 0 likes