Start by marking “The Void Within (The Cluster Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
The Void Within (The Cluster Saga #1)

The Void Within

(The Cluster Saga #1)

The 25th century. Humanity has discovered a new form of energy, the Source, derived from the very basis of life itself. Using this power to travel instantaneously through space, humans have spread through their corner of the galaxy and coalesced into two groups: the Coalition and the Inner Cluster. They are held in an uneasy economic and cultural relationship by their reli ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st, 261 pages
Published March 14th 2019 by Self-Published

To ask other readers questions about The Void Within, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Void Within

Start your review of The Void Within (The Cluster Saga #1)
D. E.
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A CRT. SYFY. Novel (TCSB - 1)/The Human Race Settled the Galaxy Only to Find There Was A Larger Enemy

CRT. has. penned the first novel of the Cluster Saga. The Inside of the Cluster and the Outside of the Cluster long ago decided that each must survive, but before that conclusion was reached an inter-galaxy war began. Unbeknownst to the humans in conflict was that they were being led by an outside source to cripple both sides. This is an excellent read for the genre......DEHS
Team Golfwell
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading “The Void Within: The Cluster Saga Book One” by Carlos R. Tkacz which takes place in the 25th Century. Mr. Tkacz is a highly creative and brilliant writer.
Space travel can be done in an instant and humans are divided into two groups the Coalition and the Inner Cluster which are somewhat dependent on each other all of which leads into a very exciting story.

This very intelligent author writes extremely well with great dialogue, “‘Hērro Meiind,’ Alrit said in a l
George Shuman
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“The Void Within” by author Carlos R. Tkacz, is an excellent work of science fiction that will surprise the reader with its freshness and new ideas. I have read much ‘space’ fiction in the past, and wondered at what could be presented here that would be new and exciting. I had become bored with space ‘war’ works and even very cerebral ideas in this genre, but “The Void Within” really is different.
I appreciated the note from the author that began the book. It was very forthright and frank, to sa
Trevor Seck
As a first delve into the sci-fi realm, I am more than impressed with Carlos Tkacz work. I struggled putting the book down to be honest. The world he creates, although a fictional, is captivating, filled with allusions of what seems to be a possibility with our current society. Maybe that is whats so captivating: the urge to critically think about our world, and the possibilities of our future. I am more than enthusiastic to read to the next book in the series!
Mark Schultz
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Carlos serves up a supremely satisfying meal in this story. This galaxy-spanning saga delivers a very elegant, six-course meal. There is military action, multiple planets of diverse kind, a touch of romance between enemies, and a hard look at the nature of mankind.
I don’t think I have ever picked inner dialogue as my favorite aspect of a book. This time, yes. I loved the action and the scene-setting was marvelous, not too much, just the right amount. I enjoyed the dialogue also, the chara
C.A. Knutsen
May 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Well written, but...

There was a lot of religious and philosophical material attached to the story. It was all well written but much of it got in the way of the action. I found myself either ignoring a lot of it or speed reading through it. The story gave an honest view of the worst aspects of humanity. I subscribe to a more optimistic View of the possibilities for our race.
Lance Mertz
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Extremely fun and very interesting

I found the premise of the book and the twists to keep my attention. This is epic science fiction at its best. The characters are well drawn and the universe building excellent. If you like hard sci-fi with a heart this is the book for you.
Mendhak
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Although an interesting premise, there is far too much time spent on thinly veiled current social and political commentary rather, than the actual story. I ended up not caring for any of them nor the outcomes.
Greenbox6
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
I got through seven chapters and realized I did really care for any of the characters and stopped reading. the book only dumps all this exposition around the character and never fully got what kind of personalities they had and that was enough for me.
Krystal
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
A must read for sci-fi fans, a sincere tribute to old science fiction. The writing and plot makes for a quick and delightful read, looking forward to the sequel.
Ann Thomas
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Barbara Ranous
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In depth character development and very imaginative - well written. Very much enjoyed reading this story. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read and review this story. Appreciate it.
K.C.
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, stopped
Might have been ok, but i was not getting into it.
Marko Rinne
Tim Whitehawk
Jun 26, 2019
Mattias Braach-Maksvytis
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The beginning of an epic space drama that cleverly entwines a journey into the unknown a critique of current society’s current fear of the unknown.
Johann Snyman
Benjamin Derr
May 16, 2019
Michael
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a refreshing read considering the sub par sci-fi that I have come across in the past 10 years. This book is a tale that is both enticing and adventurous taking us in a journey that reminds us of where our current political status could end up taking us. It takes us to a vast new worlds through our universe while mirroring our known history as it beautifully ties our present/past struggles with that of the 25th century. Highly recommend it!

Jonny
rated it did not like it
May 02, 2019
Jun 06, 2019
Denise M Moloy
Apr 24, 2019
Hey everyone! My scifi novel is free through Saturday! 1 3 Mar 28, 2019 06:59AM

• Shockwave (Star Kingdom #1)
  • The Unsung (After the Galaxy #1)
  • Ship's Log (The Alliance Book 1)
  • The Paths Between Worlds (This Alien Earth #1)
  • Ship of Ruin (Star Kingdom #2)
  • 나 혼자만 레벨 업 3 [Solo Leveling] Novel
  • The Coordinate
  • The Roke Discovery (The Roke Series Book 1)
  • Hero Code (Star Kingdom #3)
  • Mira's Last Dance (Penric and Desdemona, #4)
  • Tempest Rising
  • Darkest Reach
  • It Ain't Over... (Cole & Srexx Book 1)
  • One Word Kill (Impossible Times, #1)
  • Penric and the Shaman (Penric and Desdemona, #2)
  • Penric’s Mission (Penric and Desdemona, #3)
  • Skywave (The Rorschach Explorer Missions, #1)
  • Torchlighters (Doormaker #1.5)