Start by marking “King Of Shadows (The Masks of Under #2)” as Want to Read:
King Of Shadows (The Masks of Under #2)

King Of Shadows

(The Masks of Under #2)

Some call him a madman. Others call him a warlock. Both are true.

But if it wasn’t for Aon, I’d be dead. I was mere seconds away from dying by Edu’s hands when the King of Shadows appeared in a flash of lightning, saving me from Edu’s murderous plans.

Now I’m under his protection, living in his home. The more time I’m forced to spend with him, the more I start to piece toget
Published March 26th 2019 by Limitless Publishing

To ask other readers questions about King Of Shadows, please sign up.
Kathryn Ann Kingsley Hi there!
Hi there!
Book three comes out for pre-sale on May 18th and goes live May 28th. The whole series (it's a six-parter) is released then every 3 weeks until it finishes on July 30th of this year. So this'll be the longest gap between installments! (less)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

descriptionFirst off, I am just going to say Lydia is my spirit animal. Christ on a cracker I LOVE her character! The whole scene with Otoi...GOLD. Pure gold. (lol)

description

This book was just as enjoyable as book one. The writing remains top notch. It was well paced. The amazing world and character building continues. The cast of intriguing secondary characters grows. I'm completely #shipping Lydia and Aon. We even get some sexy times (PG 13) but still very sexy. Last, that ending...gaah! I need book three NOW...

Ho
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
tumblr_ohboy.gif

This was all sorts of fabulous and I was absolutely salivating to get started here.
I had a couple to read on my list before this and it nearly killed me to wait but the anticipation definitely lived up to my internal hype and I'm all sorts of digging "King of Shadows" and would go as far as to say this is my stand out series so far this year.
This begins exactly where we left things in the previous instalment and Lydia still seemed very fearful and wary where it concerned Aon and his unknown inte
Christa

Aon chuckled. “I am quite jealous that you were dreaming of some other man dismantling you. I have not made an appropriate impression upon you, I see. I must try harder next time.”

Aon is by far and away the creepiest love interest I’ve read this year and I’m here for it.

This book ends on a cliffhanger so there’s that.

Natalia
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG... 5 STARS ALL FOR AON!

Again a slow start but then it got me in a way i can't describe...
Even without the explicit sex scenes the book is so sexy, the slow burn was just perfect...
Damn you cliffhanger, my question is when will book 3 be published!??
A Klue
Well, naturally, this book picks up where Book 1 ended with a cliffhanger, folks. Again, since this is not an ARC, I simply don’t have the time, thanks to a full literary dance card of ARCs requiring my attention, to dissect and really analysis this second on-going sequel of the Masks of Under series. Just know this one unfolded at a much slower pace, with the heroine getting to know up close and personal the one king everyone else seemed to completely misunderstand. Not that he was as harmless ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This story picked up right where the first one stopped. Lydia is fighting for her life and she has no idea how to defeat Edu but he is out for her and wants her dead. Then she gets help from Aon who saves her minutes before she is to die. Lydia isn't sure why he saved her but she is grateful for him saving her.

Now Lydia is under his protection because she is living with him and he is her protector. The more time she spends with him the more she is beginning to put together the pieces as to why
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
OMFG...a bloody cliffhanger. Are you for reals right now!

This series is amazing, I can't lie. It is awesome. I loved it, I cried a little at the end , it's just so good. I need book three asap. It's so good. I literally cannot find one bad thing about it, well except the cliffhanger ending, that sucks.

You have got to read this book. Totally amazing.
Beyond The Covers Blog
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romaine
As a guest of Aon, Lydia is still trying to piece together the macabre world of Under. She is safe now from King Edu but still cautious.

Aon has an air about him that not only frightens Lydia but also pulls her toward him. He has a reputation of being a sadist and a  madman but Lydia sees another side to him as well. A gentleman who has patience with her and her smart mouth. You can feel their emotions and chemistry.

The scene with Otoi was epic!! Loved her human badazz side!

Evil is still lurking
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up right where the first book ended, in the heart of the Under. This book is fast-paced from beginning to end and there were so many twists and turns I couldn’t put it down. I HAD to know what happened to Lydia. She is still determined to get home but makes a concession living with Aon the “madman” of the Under. He isn’t like what the others say about him or how he was portrayed in her dreams. I’m just going to say this now, I liked this book better than the first one. I got suc ...more
Caitlyn Warren
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I still stand by what I said in my review for the first book, that they should have been combined into one book. But man this book is really where it gets interesting. I went from thinking "I'll give it a try since I read the first one" to "I need the third book now!". This book really is where the whole story really begins. This first book is important for world building but this is the one where you start to really care about the characters.
Jennifer Doyle
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

Omg! I love this soooo much! I read both in a day and a half! Had to sleep a little...lol soooo bring on the next one!
Jennifer Doyle
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sooo good. Read both really fast! Can't wait bring on the next one!
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to start out saying that King of Shadows is the second book in The Masks of Under series, so YOU MUST READ King of Flames (Book 1) FIRST since it's a continuation. If you don't, you will be super confused. King of Shadows picks right back up where Book 1 left off, where Aon is rescuing Lydia, or he is really? See, he's a complicated hero, if that's what we want to call him, and I'm not saying crap one way or another because I don't want to give anything away, but he definitely gives th ...more
Joyffree
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
😭 My heart is breaking

"Crying won't help. Begging won't work. I can't run, and struggling will do more harm than good. I...I've lost. The only thing left to do is die with pride, " - Lydia to the King of Shadows

🛑 This is book 2 in the series and if you haven't read book one turn back now 'cause you really really will want to.
NO SPOILERS
There is so much that develops in this second installment and I truly do not want to give away anything that might spoil how this unfolds -
The above is from the
Kim Michele
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book 2 of the Masks of Under definitely delivers as Kingsley fleshes out the characters drawing us deeper into the world of Under. You should definitely read Book 1 (King Of Flames) first to get acquainted with the main characters even though Kingsley gives us a good description of the ruling houses and the major players in the beginning of both books.
King Of Shadows focuses on the building relationship between Lydia and Aon and reveals more of the darkly beautiful world of Under. As Lydia begin
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm so in love with King Of Shadows. It begins right where King Of Flames end. Lydia is now a "guest" of Aon's. Nothing is as she was told. Everything is different with Aon. He isn't as the others say. He isn't how he projected himself in her dreams.

Lydia is still just as determined as ever to make it home. She's so fierce and brave. She lives with a madman, with the man who makes everyone tremble in fear. Yet things are not as they appear. I'm so freaking happy that I was right about Aon. He's
Dakota
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I mean just wow. That ending , and the book just have left me speechless. I absolutely adore everything about this series so far. The monsters, Lydia, the mystery surrounding everything have drawn me in so completely that I am an emotional mess. I want to dislike so many people but the author has a way of me falling in love with the characters, and seeing the point of view and reasoning for everyone. I do find that I am attracted to the dark and this satisfies so much for me even tho it is no
Robin
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I cannot get enough of this series

Amazing story building
Juicy characters (figuratively and literally 😉)
A villain we all love 🖤
And a cliffhanger that left me wanting to cry.
I cannot get enough of The Masks of Under series and soooo excited to continue the journey in May for the 3rd installment.
CoensK  Reviews
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
King of Shadows was amazing! It started off right where we were left in King Of Flames. I couldn't help but be sucked right in! I didn't want to leave this world! The twists and turns had me glued to the pages to see what would happen to Lydia. I am now going to sit back and wait not so patiently for the next book!
Tauralay
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

As with B1 this series does remind me of both the Scholomance and ACOTAR with slow burn tense romance, elements of horror and fantasy.
I have devoured both books in 2 days and I need more!
Kristall
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a random find on amazon and so far this series has been surprisingly good!! I love the world created and the characters! I ended up staying up reading both books in one day- Iam dying to read the next one! !
Ashley Johanson
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Seriously like loved it so much i reread both books before moving on to something else. I am so sad the next one isn’t out yet but I am totally pumped to hear it will be a series of 6!!!
Alex
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I want the 3rd installment so badly..
Angela Shepard
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read! Can’t put down

I was so engrossed with this book I finished in a few hours. Now on edge waiting for the next book. Aon what a beautiful tortured soul.
Clarissa  (The Bookish Wanderer)
I laughed, I cried. I sobbed my heart out.
janet richardson
Can you fall in love with a character you will AON will take your breath away

I so want to run my hands all over AON omg hot hot hot give me book 3 now please
Lara Olson
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I read both books in this series all in one sitting. I can’t wait until the next book comes out.
Romaine Heart
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
See full review of Beyond the Covers blog here on Goodreads and check us out on Facebook
Karen McNl
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In love with this series.. can't wait for the next instalment
Dayanara Ryelle
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Publishers do stupid shit.

Case in point: contrary to their name, Limitless set a limit on Kat and told her she couldn't publish her manuscript the way she wanted, that she had to cut it off (view spoiler) The result? A "meh", three-star book that was just good enough for me to keep reading, and to be curious about the sequel.

Shadows, on the other hand, is more like the book I hoped for. (I can imagine Kat reading this review later and saying, "Why?"
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kat has always been a storyteller.

With ten years in script-writing for performances on both the stage and for tourism, she has always been writing in one form or another. When she isn’t penning down fiction, she works as Creative Director for a company that designs and builds large-scale interactive adventure games. There, she is the lead concept designer, handling everything from game and set des

The Masks of Under (2 books)
  • King Of Flames (The Masks of Under #1)