Start by marking “Marked for Revenge (Zelda Richardson Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Marked for Revenge (Zelda Richardson Mystery #3)

Marked for Revenge

(Zelda Richardson Mystery #3)

An adrenaline-fueled adventure set in the Netherlands, Croatia, Italy, and Turkey about stolen art, the mafia, and a father’s vengeance.

When researcher Zelda Richardson begins working at a local museum, she doesn’t expect to get entangled with an art theft, knocked unconscious by a forger, threatened by the mob, or stalked by drug dealers.

To make matters worse, a Croatian
Published May 23rd 2019 by Traveling Life Press

To ask other readers questions about Marked for Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marked for Revenge

Start your review of Marked for Revenge (Zelda Richardson Mystery #3)
Robbie Cheadle
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book I have read in the Zelda Richardson series which I find quite unique as a whole due to its focus on the world of art museums in the Netherlands. Ms Alderson describes the artworks that feature in her stories with rich clarity which I really enjoy. She clearly has an extensive knowledge of this subject which she shares in an interesting and entertaining way and makes me long to visit the art museums in the Netherlands.

Zelda has is finally coming together. She has a paying j
Pamela Allegretto
Jennifer S. Alderson is an author who never disappoints. In Marked For Revenge, she offers a well-written and engaging tale complete with complex, interesting characters and a unique plot. Her extensive research adds an additional layer of appeal to the story line. An easy 5-stars.
Harriet Steel
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-mystery
This is the third book featuring art researcher, Zelda Richardson, but can be read as a stand-alone. Now in her first paid job at the Amstel Museum in the Netherlands, Zelda is plunged into the dangerous world of international art theft and drug dealing when she is attacked after going to help her artist neighbour, Gabriella, who has suffered a diabetic collapse. Before she is attacked, Zelda chances to notice a copy of a painting that has just been stolen from the Amstel Museum on Gabriella’s e ...more
Janice Richardson
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-rated
Loved, loved, loved this story. Mystery and history, with enough suspense and excitement to capture any reader's imagination make this an exceptional read. This author does her research, and the result is educational and entertaining. This book can be read as a standalone or part of the
series.
Elizabeth Lloyd
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third of Zelda Richardson’s adventures in the art world. While working on her Master’s thesis she had been an unpaid intern. Now in her first paid job as a museum researcher she is anxious to make her mark, but little does she realise that she will soon be a suspect in a daring multiple art theft. This thrilling tale also allows us to view the situation from the viewpoint of the thieves and observe a bitter feud between Luka, a Croatian gangster and Ivan an embittered ex-collaborator ...more
Achour
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, rec
Exciting reading ! !

"Marked for Revenge: An Art Heist Thriller" is a fast pacing and page turning book. This novel is easy to read and extremely well done. The plot is well developed and characters are well designed.

The story is about stolen artwork, art forgeries, crimes and drug traffickers. But it is also on postmodern painting, museums and Amsterdam. Jennifer S. Alderson (the Author) carried out outstanding research on painting, postmodern art, museums and did a great job describing places
Coco.V
Apr 06, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/6/2020)! 🎁
Sandra
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Marked for Revenge is the third book featuring art researcher Zelda – now working in the Amstel Modern museum in the Netherlands. I had no idea that there were other books in this series and it did not matter at all; at no point did I feel that not having read the previous books in the series was affecting my understanding. It is a complex story told from multiple viewpoints and this works really well. We get insight into why the crimes are taking place, and not just a hunt for the perpetrators, ...more
E.J. Bauer
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you thought art galleries, their exhibitions and collections were boring and possibly a little stuffy, then you need to join Zelda Richardson in her latest adventure. Heists, forgeries, mafia art gangs and a chase across most of Europe provides a fast-paced read with lots of surprises and a final twist. An added bonus - I learned a lot as the author's extensive knowledge of art is skilfully woven into this dark tale of crime, greed and revenge.
Amy Shannon
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An adventure in art
As a fan of Alderson's, I was anxious to start reading Marked for Revenge: An Art Heist Thriller. First, I like how Alderson shows a story. Yes, she shows it with all the details and fluidity of her writing that brings the reader right smack in the middle of the thriller. Filled with suspense, twists and just magnificent writing, the reader gets a view of this journey as it unfolds. The pace of the story is perfect, and the story brings the reader in at the right moment, and a
Texas
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Marked for Revenge #3 - This book begins with her thesis being critiqued and three months into a new job at a new location. An interesting story of art theft and revenge, which had enough of the real world mixed with the fiction to hold the reader’s attention until the last page.

The descriptions are well done, the storylines believable and interesting, and the characters and their dialog were also well done. One of the Dutch laws about stolen art blew my mind, but I understand the reasoning beh
Grace Koshida
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zelda Richardson is enjoying her job as a part-time researcher at the Amstel Modern museum in Amsterdam. Then a series of art heists occur throughout the country and the Amstel Modern becomes targeted by the thieves. Zelda is surprised when she helps Gabriella, her artist neighbour, and sees one of the stolen paintings as well as a forgery. But then Zelda is knocked unconscious by a male assailant and Gabriella and all her artwork vanish from the apartment. Zelda is worried when a menacing stran ...more
Book Him Danno
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the perfect book for those who love history, mysteries toss in some good old fashion suspense and Marked For Revenge is the perfect read. The author bring history, art to life bringing readers into her world and keeps them there wanting more after the stories ends.

Thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher Traveling Life Press for the advance copy of Jennifer S. Alderson Marked Revenge.
Heather W
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fast-paced, suspenseful thriller. This book is full of in-depth information about art history, heists, forgeries, and museums. Excellent descriptions and well-developed characters bring this book to life and the reader feels all of the excitement, tension, and danger with Zelda throughout her adventure.

This was my first Zelda Richardson story but it won't be my last. I highly recommend this book.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy.
Dora Ilieva
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marked for Revenge is another masterpiece by thriller writer Jennifer S. Alderson. This time the trials and tribulations of the main character- the naïve and headstrong Zelda Richardson, take the reader from the Netherlands to Italy and from there to Turkey. Since the conflict is resolved only partially, the readers can expect more from the amateur sleuth and her creator. Fast-paced, informative and interesting, the novel offers enjoyment and a respite from the dreariness of everyday life.
Lucia Davis
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy the Zelda Richardson Mystery Series very much. The books take place in the country where I grew up, and in Marked for Revenge my hometown was even mentioned as well, which does add to the mix! In contrast to the previous books, the second narrative in Marked for Revenge is not happening in the past but in present time, with sophisticated art-thieving thugs creating a lot of mayhem. Zelda gets pulled in and ends up traveling to fascinating places like Venice and Turkey, trying to help sol ...more
Rosa Fedele
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zelda is back - still slightly off-beat, but now not quite so naïve.

This time, author Jennifer Alderson focuses on the modernist art movement – Pollock, Calder, Rothko etc. and the story begins with Zelda’s excitement over an exhibition titled “Conversations with American Modernists” held in the gallery at which she works … what could possibly go wrong??

Again I looked up the artists and paintings mentioned on the way, keeping the images beside me for reference. The reader is taken on an exhilara
Anne Janzer
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction-for-fun
In Marked for Revenge, Alderson once again dishes the inside scope on the museum world, but this time combines it with a clever art heist plot that will keep you turning pages right to the end. This Zelda Richardson mystery series just keeps getting better.
T Olsen
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a nicely written story, with good language, a clear timeline and short chapters that all makes it easy to read. The characters are great, and the plot is OK, but there could be more points of suspense.
Ukgardenfiend
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great Art Heist Chase story. Rather unusual in its detail about how forgeries are made and set in Amsterdam as the starting town. Which gives lots of opportunities for haring across Europe easily of course. Interesting that it is the Balkans which are blamed for crime families and that the old Mafia gangs are no longer used.
I do wonder if the Dutch law about stolen art was real and if so, is it still in place? Obviously does not apply to holocaust Art but still. I did try and research
Mary Lu
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fascinating window into the art world

Zelda expands the horizons of her chosen field, art, to include the many ways the underworld manipulates it. A clever plot and likeable character combine to pull you into the intrigue and appreciate the ending
Darren
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this as a arc e book for my i pad from Net Galley. I enjoyed reading it. It had a good story to it. It is my first book by this author. I hope to read more books by this author.
Billie
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An adrenaline-fueled adventure set in the Netherlands, Croatia, Italy, Luxembourg, and Turkey about stolen art, the mafia, and a father’s vengeance.
To make matters worse, a Croatian gangster is convinced Zelda knows where a cache of recently pilfered paintings is. She must track down an interna
J Young
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
An intriguing art heist mystery!

Ivan Novak has waited three years for the revenge of his daughter’s death that his soul demands. Now the opportunity has come to make Luka Antic pay; by forfeiting his thriving art crime empire and, with any luck, his life. The timing is critical and the outcome uncertain, but the outcome will give him peace of mind knowing that Marjana’s death was avenged.

The targeted artwork is in numerous museums in the Netherlands including the Amstel Modern where director Jul
Henk-Jan van der Klis
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Imagine, fifteen Dutch museums robbed of very specific pieces of modern art. A smart Balkan gang that exploits a loophole in our local legislation that enables a pater familias opening a museum in the future. Identifying the mysterious Robber Hood and returning the paintings involves local police, Vincent, a private investigator, and Zelda. a young curator of the Cobra Museum, and leads the reader in a twisting roller-coaster through the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Venice, and Turkey.

The a
Claire Lyons
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent and dramatic adventure with a little of everything to make a good book, there is tension, history, mystery and danger. As usual Jennifer S Alderson crafts a well paced and intriguing story that keeps you guessing and wondering as each character and moment reveals itself. A triumph.
Jamie Jack
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-2019, mystery
Oh, my! The author must have done much research for this book. So many topics were gone into deeply. It is almost overwhelming at times, as sometimes too much detail can bog down a narrative and distract from what is actually going on. (Or if you don’t have knowledge of an item or setting, the detail overload can make it seem more opaque.) This book ranges all over Europe and is a classic art heist thriller with the Croatian mafia thrown in along with the band of art thieves. I felt like I learn ...more
Helen
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fast-paced story with plenty of action that will keep you turning the pages to the end. Full of drama and intrigue, Zelda chases art thieves through Europe while trying to clear her name when wrongly accused of being involved.

It's a story of revenge, heartache, and misplaced loyalties, with the added bonus of learning some interesting facts about the art world and art in general. You can tell the author has done plenty of research!

Even though I'm reading this series out of order, each book is
Paula Ptomey
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of Marked for Revenge from Net Galley for an honest review. This was the first book by Jennifer S. Alderson that I have read, and even though this is book 3 in the series, it stands well on its own. This is a fast paced mystery with an excellent story line and telling of history and art. The characters are well fleshed out and the gang chasing them could be a real live gang. Amazing job telling this story. My son, who doesn't generally like this type of story (he is autist ...more
Monica
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
So I had no idea this was the third book in this series. Which is great because you can jump right into reading this book without feeling lost. I enjoyed this book even if I knew barely anything they talked about with the art. The book is in so many different point of views that you feel like your right there with the people. All the different places Zelda goes in this book has a great description of each place. I would read more in this series even though I know nothing about art.

*I received a
Goodreads Librari...: creating new series 2 10 May 19, 2019 07:26AM

• Map of the Dead (Alex MacLure #1)
  • The Complete Kate Benedict Cozy British Mysteries (The Kate Benedict Series)
  • Inspired by Murder (Emerald City Thriller, #2)
  • Second Son
  • Bitter Falls (Stillhouse Lake #4)
  • Double Blind: a fast-paced murder mystery where nothing is what it seems
  • Murder in Acapulco Box Set: Detective Emilia Cruz Books 1-6
  • The Finch Trilogy
  • The Granite Key (Arkana Mysteries #1)
  • The Hidden Seal of the Realm (A Richard Halliburton Adventure Book 3)
  • The Poison Garden
  • The Paul Zacher Mysteries: Murder in Mexico Vol. 1-3
  • Winning the Earl of Winchester (Secret Wallflower Society Book 1)
  • Wood's Relic (The Early Adventures of Mac and Wood #1)
  • Black Jasmine (Lei Crime, #3)
  • Wired Truth (Paradise Crime #10)
  • Turpitude (DI Munro & DS West #10)
  • An Unwelcome Guest (Penny Green #7)
Hi! I am an American expat currently living in Amsterdam. After traveling extensively around Asia, Oceania, and Central America, I moved to Darwin, Australia, before finally settling in the Netherlands. When not writing, you can find me in a museum, biking around Amsterdam, or enjoying a coffee along the canal while planning my next research trip.

My love of travel, art, and culture inspires my awa

Zelda Richardson Mystery (4 books)
  • The Lover's Portrait (Zelda Richardson Mystery #1)
  • Rituals of the Dead (Zelda Richardson Mystery #2)
  • The Vermeer Deception (Zelda Richardson Mystery #4)