Start by marking “Marked for Revenge: An Art Heist Thriller (Zelda Richardson Mystery Series #3)” as Want to Read:
Marked for Revenge: An Art Heist Thriller (Zelda Richardson Mystery Series #3)

Marked for Revenge: An Art Heist Thriller

(Zelda Richardson Mystery Series #3)

An adrenaline-fueled adventure set in the Netherlands, Croatia, Italy, and Turkey about stolen art, the mafia, and a father’s vengeance.

When researcher Zelda Richardson begins working at a local museum, she doesn’t expect to get entangled with an art theft, knocked unconscious by a forger, threatened by the mob, or stalked by drug dealers.

To make matters worse, a Croatian
Published May 23rd 2019 by Traveling Life Press

To ask other readers questions about Marked for Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marked for Revenge

Pamela Allegretto
Jennifer S. Alderson is an author who never disappoints. In Marked For Revenge, she offers a well-written and engaging tale complete with complex, interesting characters and a unique plot. Her extensive research adds an additional layer of appeal to the story line. An easy 5-stars.
Janice Richardson
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-rated
Loved, loved, loved this story. Mystery and history, with enough suspense and excitement to capture any reader's imagination make this an exceptional read. This author does her research, and the result is educational and entertaining. This book can be read as a standalone or part of the
series.
Elizabeth Lloyd
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third of Zelda Richardson’s adventures in the art world. While working on her Master’s thesis she had been an unpaid intern. Now in her first paid job as a museum researcher she is anxious to make her mark, but little does she realise that she will soon be a suspect in a daring multiple art theft. This thrilling tale also allows us to view the situation from the viewpoint of the thieves and observe a bitter feud between Luka, a Croatian gangster and Ivan an embittered ex-collaborator ...more
Achour
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, rec
Exciting reading ! !

"Marked for Revenge: An Art Heist Thriller" is a fast pacing and page turning book. This novel is easy to read and extremely well done. The plot is well developed and characters are well designed.

The story is about stolen artwork, art forgeries, crimes and drug traffickers. But it is also on postmodern painting, museums and Amsterdam. Jennifer S. Alderson (the Author) carried out outstanding research on painting, postmodern art, museums and did a great job describing places
Harriet Steel
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-mystery
This is the third book featuring art researcher, Zelda Richardson, but can be read as a stand-alone. Now in her first paid job at the Amstel Museum in the Netherlands, Zelda is plunged into the dangerous world of international art theft and drug dealing when she is attacked after going to help her artist neighbour, Gabriella, who has suffered a diabetic collapse. Before she is attacked, Zelda chances to notice a copy of a painting that has just been stolen from the Amstel Museum on Gabriella’s e ...more
Amy Shannon
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An adventure in art
As a fan of Alderson's, I was anxious to start reading Marked for Revenge: An Art Heist Thriller. First, I like how Alderson shows a story. Yes, she shows it with all the details and fluidity of her writing that brings the reader right smack in the middle of the thriller. Filled with suspense, twists and just magnificent writing, the reader gets a view of this journey as it unfolds. The pace of the story is perfect, and the story brings the reader in at the right moment, and a
Texas
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Marked for Revenge #3 - This book begins with her thesis being critiqued and three months into a new job at a new location. An interesting story of art theft and revenge, which had enough of the real world mixed with the fiction to hold the reader’s attention until the last page.

The descriptions are well done, the storylines believable and interesting, and the characters and their dialog were also well done. One of the Dutch laws about stolen art blew my mind, but I understand the reasoning beh
Grace Koshida
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zelda Richardson is enjoying her job as a part-time researcher at the Amstel Modern museum in Amsterdam. Then a series of art heists occur throughout the country and the Amstel Modern becomes targeted by the thieves. Zelda is surprised when she helps Gabriella, her artist neighbour, and sees one of the stolen paintings as well as a forgery. But then Zelda is knocked unconscious by a male assailant and Gabriella and all her artwork vanish from the apartment. Zelda is worried when a menacing stran ...more
Heather Wamboldt
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fast-paced, suspenseful thriller. This book is full of in-depth information about art history, heists, forgeries, and museums. Excellent descriptions and well-developed characters bring this book to life and the reader feels all of the excitement, tension, and danger with Zelda throughout her adventure.

This was my first Zelda Richardson story but it won't be my last. I highly recommend this book.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy.
Book Him Danno
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the perfect book for those who love history, mysteries toss in some good old fashion suspense and Marked For Revenge is the perfect read. The author bring history, art to life bringing readers into her world and keeps them there wanting more after the stories ends.

Thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher Traveling Life Press for the advance copy of Jennifer S. Alderson Marked Revenge.
Anne Janzer
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction-for-fun
In Marked for Revenge, Alderson once again dishes the inside scope on the museum world, but this time combines it with a clever art heist plot that will keep you turning pages right to the end. This Zelda Richardson mystery series just keeps getting better.
T Olsen
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a nicely written story, with good language, a clear timeline and short chapters that all makes it easy to read. The characters are great, and the plot is OK, but there could be more points of suspense.
Darren
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this as a arc e book for my i pad from Net Galley. I enjoyed reading it. It had a good story to it. It is my first book by this author. I hope to read more books by this author.
Billie
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An adrenaline-fueled adventure set in the Netherlands, Croatia, Italy, Luxembourg, and Turkey about stolen art, the mafia, and a father’s vengeance.
To make matters worse, a Croatian gangster is convinced Zelda knows where a cache of recently pilfered paintings is. She must track down an interna
Henk-Jan van der Klis
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Imagine, fifteen Dutch museums robbed of very specific pieces of modern art. A smart Balkan gang that exploits a loophole in our local legislation that enables a pater familias opening a museum in the future. Identifying the mysterious Robber Hood and returning the paintings involves local police, Vincent, a private investigator, and Zelda. a young curator of the Cobra Museum, and leads the reader in a twisting roller-coaster through the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Venice, and Turkey.

The a
J Young
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
An intriguing art heist mystery!

Ivan Novak has waited three years for the revenge of his daughter’s death that his soul demands. Now the opportunity has come to make Luka Antic pay; by forfeiting his thriving art crime empire and, with any luck, his life. The timing is critical and the outcome uncertain, but the outcome will give him peace of mind knowing that Marjana’s death was avenged.

The targeted artwork is in numerous museums in the Netherlands including the Amstel Modern where director Jul
Helen
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fast-paced story with plenty of action that will keep you turning the pages to the end. Full of drama and intrigue, Zelda chases art thieves through Europe while trying to clear her name when wrongly accused of being involved.

It's a story of revenge, heartache, and misplaced loyalties, with the added bonus of learning some interesting facts about the art world and art in general. You can tell the author has done plenty of research!

Even though I'm reading this series out of order, each book is
Paula Ptomey
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of Marked for Revenge from Net Galley for an honest review. This was the first book by Jennifer S. Alderson that I have read, and even though this is book 3 in the series, it stands well on its own. This is a fast paced mystery with an excellent story line and telling of history and art. The characters are well fleshed out and the gang chasing them could be a real live gang. Amazing job telling this story. My son, who doesn't generally like this type of story (he is autist ...more
Monica
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
So I had no idea this was the third book in this series. Which is great because you can jump right into reading this book without feeling lost. I enjoyed this book even if I knew barely anything they talked about with the art. The book is in so many different point of views that you feel like your right there with the people. All the different places Zelda goes in this book has a great description of each place. I would read more in this series even though I know nothing about art.

*I received a
Cat Kelley
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent! Great characters and lots of excitement. Poor Zelda's head! Ms. Alderson created a very interesting story with lots of detail. At first, I thought, way too much detail but by the end, I knew it was necessary for the flow of the story. I like this so much that I'm going back and reading all the rest of the series. I have now added a new author to my list.

This book was gifted to me by the publisher in return for an honest review.
Cat Kelley
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent! Great characters and lots of excitement. Pro Zelda's head! Ms. Alderson created a very interesting story with lots of detail. At first, I thought, way too much detail but by the end, I knew it was necessary for the flow of the story. I like this so much that I'm going back and reading all the rest of the series. I have now added a new author to my list.

This book was gifted to me by the publisher in return for an honest review.
Ruth Gowan
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing enjoyable art mystery set in glorious surroundings keeps you reading determined to find the truth. Jennifer obviously knows and loves art and it comes across in her novel. The adventure takes you from the Netherlands to Croatia, Italy, and Turkey while our heroine Zelda learns about stolen art, the mafia, and a father’s vengeance.
Jackie
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What a thriller to keep you gripped to your book. Mafia, stolen Art and Revenge plays a big part in this outstanding story. Fast paced.
Merlene Gillam
Annette Mordec
Jun 10, 2019
Helen H
rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2019
Jennifer S. Alderson
Mar 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Mar 14, 2019
May 21, 2019
rg gorham
Lani
Goodreads Librari...: creating new series 2 10 May 19, 2019 07:26AM
Hi! I am an American expat currently living in Amsterdam. After traveling extensively around Asia, Oceania, and Central America, I moved to Darwin, Australia, before finally settling in the Netherlands. When not writing, I can be found in a museum, biking around Amsterdam, or enjoying a coffee along the canal while planning my next research trip.

My love of travel, art, and culture inspires my awar

Zelda Richardson Mystery Series (3 books)
  • The Lover's Portrait (Adventures of Zelda Richardson #2)
  • Rituals of the Dead (Adventures of Zelda Richardson #3)