Start by marking “Dead City (Chronicles of Deadworld Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Dead City (Chronicles of Deadworld Book 2)

Dead City

(Chronicles of Deadworld #2)

How many times can you cheat death? I’m not sure but I have a feeling I’m about to be tested.

Join Echo in the second thrilling instalment of the Chronicles of Deadworld series.

A Post-Apocalyptic Urban fantasy world with a slow burn Whychoose Romance.

Published May 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dead City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead City

Rhiannon Chillingworth
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Debbie Cassidy has done it again!

Every time I saw a character from Chronicles of Midnight and Chronicles of Arcana it just made me smile.

Also, Micha might just be the most lovely guy ever! I really liked the developments with Emory, Deacon and Lyrian here, too. I don't know how she manages to pull off the magical connection trope so we'll, making it both slow and fast burn.

We see Echo begin to come into her powers here, but there is still so much potential. To her power.

I'm also always impressed
soph
Tara Syrnyk
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Debbie astounds once again! I read this book in one sitting! I could not put it down! This is the second installment of the post-apocalyptic Deadworld Chronicles and it really truly has become one of my favorite series of hers! ( I may say that about all her series!) I just love the character development, world building and relationships in this series! I love that we also get a glimpse of characters from other series as well. I love the slow but not so slow burn romance that makes you swoon. I ...more
Naurarwen
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure how she does it, but Debbie Cassidy has done it yet again. Every time I read one of her books, I can't imagine how the next one can be better. But Debbie Cassidy manages it every time. It's another book I just couldn't put down and managed to read in one sitting.

I admit there are some parts of the books where I just wanted to smack the boys heads together, especially Micha and Emory. I loved seeing some of the characters we have already encountered in previous series as well as new
Lene Blackthorn
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is an enigma.
Echo is the only guardian left, remade by the arcana, and now a huge burden is resting on her shoulders. However, she is not facing the danger alone, slowly pulling (ok, in some cases rather fast) an interesting bunch of strong, attractive, and very capable men to her. Her allies, protectors, backups... and love interests.
Shifting, changing directions, twisting and turning, jumping at you poor unsuspecting reader. Talk about effective writing - there is so much stuffed i
Stacy
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
DEAD CITY moves at a fast pace with lots of danger involved at every turn. Debbie continues to do a good job of cramming a lot of things and events into a small number of pages without making you feel like things are being hurried along.

DEAD City was just as character driven as DEADWORLD and it was neat getting some more time with characters from other series in the same world. Some I like more than others, but it's still neat getting to know their future selves. One of the issues I had with DE
Missy Brown
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Debbie Cassidy has yet to disappoint me!! How is it that each series just keeps getting better and better?

In Dead City we have Echo still training. She is learning about her powers, making her body and mind physically as best as she can. She will be the only Guardian for nine months. She has to be focused and strong. All the while trying to deal with her grief about what happened to the other potentials. Lets not get into her relationships. Some progress like we want them to, some don't, and we
Denise Wengert
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow there was so much in this book. This second book in the Chronicles of Deadworld picked right up where the first book ended. Echo is trying to understand and grow into her powers since she is now the only Guardian for at least nine months. At the same time, she is trying to deal with her grief about seeing what happened to the other potentials. As some of her relationships, old and new, grow and get stronger, some relationships start to fall apart. I love how well-defined all the characters a ...more
Nerdy Housewifey
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So this book had no chill. It starts right after book one with the action and doesn’t let up the whole time. I get like I couldn’t put it down because who knows what would have happened if I walked away for a minute! Debbie always has some of the best female mc’s and Echo is no different. She’s learning more about her powers and being the only guardian and in true Debbie fashion we’re slowly building the relationships with the guys. I love it, the slow build the anticipation ❤❤❤ Can’t wait for b ...more
Vicki
Book 2 continues the fast-paced, television-show like action of heroine Echo Patch and all of her potential mates. I can't really list the things about this book I liked the most, as doing so would constitute spoilers. I'll just say I can always count on this author to provide an entertaining story, one that is not weighed down by a ton of detail or mythology, and one that has a tough heroine and attractive heroes - I am partial to Deacon and Lyrian in this installment as far as those go. Lookin ...more
Michalle
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I simply couldn’t put this book down and now that i’m finished, I want more. Echo is a smart and brave woman who is coming into her own. Becoming a guardian isn’t exactly what she wanted to do but she’s ready to do it to save the Hive. Plus she has help from the men around her. There is so much sexual tension going on it’s palpable. There was action, fighting and secrets to be revealed. I highly recommend this one and I can’t wait for the next book.

I received an ARC of this book and volunt
Amber
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Book one knocked it out of the park but I don't have words to describe book 2. I just finished the book and words are just so inadequate right now. It was really that good. Echo really is such an amazing character and easily takes a spot in my top 10 favorite FMC ever and trust me when I say that I really love to read....A LOT! I really can't wait for this series to be finished so I can devour all the books in one go! Book 3 can't come fast enough.
Stephanie
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes yes and more yes. Debbie NEVER disappoints!
Echo is awesome and finally learning to come into her powers but she still has so much she’s able to do and hasn’t gotten to yet. Cassidy’s character development is always fantastic and great to read.
Every time we see a CoM or CoA character I squealed like a little girl 😍
Book 2 picks up where book 1 ends and boy is it a kickass read! I could not put it down! I highly recommend this read!
Asyah Azize
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good it hurts to put it down

Why do these books have to be so addictive. Once you start you can't put them down. How am I supposed to to wait a month for the next one. Normally I'm not into loving multiple dudes but the way it's written even I fall for the lead males. Speaking of which having to choose between being with the one you love and saving literally everyone is a hard thing to do. Hopefully that sacrifice won't be in vain because Finn deserves to be with Echo too.
Michele Evans
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg! Love this series and author!!

This book was amazing! I didn’t even realize it was showing characters from the other two series I’ve read until this book, way into the future! In this book, Echo is the last guardian and she is coming into powers she never had before, creating bonds and feelings with the men in her life that leave her confused but also complete. So much happened in this book and I cannot wait to read the next one!!!!
Debbie Eyre
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG I loved this! I thought the first book was awesome but this second book just blew me away! Fast paced and Carrying on from the first book there is non stop Action, danger, mystery, romance, twists, turns, great character development as you see Echo grow and learn more about her powers, and slow anticipation as the relationships between the men grows also. I am so looking forward to the next book!
Michelle VanDaley
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 starts right where the first book stopped. Echo is coming into and developing her powers and her journey is filled with twists and turns you won't see coming. I love the descriptive writing and depth of characters this author always brings, proving once again why she is a one-click author for me. Excited to see where the next book takes us.
Jane
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everytime I think Debbie can’t write any better she exceeds it with the following book. I’ve got to say this is my favourite of all her series and book two does not disappoint. The energy and feels from the first book continue and the thrill ride does not stop. I can not recommend this series highly enough.
Karen
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Debbie manages to keep her readers enraptured with her vivid imagery, world building and great storytelling. This book is fast paced, has action, drama, chemistry and wonderful paranormal characters. Happily, there are even some of our favorites from Chronicles of Midnight. I loved this book and would recommend it to others. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Elizabeth Hayward
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Second Book of the Series

This was a great continuation of the series. Wonderfully written and great characters. I am so glad more relationships were added to this book and went in some unexpected ways. Can’t wait for the third book!
Andrea
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always tugs at the heartstrings! Love is messy, and illogical, and can cut as well as heal. Another exceptional installment with a fast paced plot, men you want for your own and a fmc you want to BE, which really is the cardinal sign of a wonderful writer.
April
Love it

As always a great addition to the series. I love Emory and her men. Now if all the men would just hiding and get on board. Genesis and the soul eaters have amped it up a notch.
Melissa Hickman
Fantastic!!!

This woman cannot write a bad book!!!!! I love Echo and her men with all of their delicious hotness!!! So many mysteries left to solve and still a harem to form!! I can’t wait to read the next book!!!!
E.B. Brooks
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this author
Barbara
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dead City is the second book in the Deadworld series by Debbie Cassidy and deals with relationships. This adult adventure takes a day to read and is well worth the time.
Jennifer Paulet
So good!

I really like this book! The characters are well written and interesting. The storyline is solid and well written. I can't wait for the next one!
Holly Nichols
Adore this series!!

Well worth the wait!!! I cannot wait to see what happens next! My only complaint is that I wish they were longer.
Alice
Another fantastic read

These books are the best, everyone I have read has never disappointed, cannot wait until the next installment. Well worth the read
Sassapphras
My biggest complaint is that these [Chronicles of Deadworld books] are just too damn short!
Johnnie yslas
Wow. So much wow

This is even better than book 2. I love the deep connections. The twists kept me guessing. Omg, the last scuttler scene was Just mind blowing. I need book 3 now!!
Debbie Cassidy is a 39 year old multi-tasking ninja who lives in England, Bedfordshire, with her three kids and very supportive husband. Coffee and chocolate biscuits are her writing fuels of choice, and she is still working on getting that perfect tower of solitude built in her back garden. Debbie has been writing for eight years under the pen name Amos Cassidy with her best friend, Richard Amos, ...more

Chronicles of Deadworld (4 books)
  • Deadworld (Chronicles of Deadworld, #1)
  • Dead Sea (Chronicles of Deadworld Book 3)
  • Dead End (Chronicles of Deadworld #4)
“Fucking hell, Echo, you’ve ruined me.” He” 0 likes
“Fucking hell, Echo, you’ve ruined me.” He lay still for long seconds, his breathing as erratic as mine, his weight a pleasant blanket, and then he pushed up to brace himself on his hands. “Did I hurt you?” “Yes, but then you fucked it all better.” 0 likes