Start by marking “Prayers of the Pious” as Want to Read:
Prayers of the Pious

Prayers of the Pious

This inspirational collection of prayers and reminders is the perfect companion for anyone who wishes to connect to the Divine. Shaykh Omar Suleiman provides us with thirty short prayers taken from the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad and the early generations, each with a short reminder to deepen the impact of the prayer in our lives.

Prayers of the Pious provides spiritu
Published 2019 by Kube Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Prayers of the Pious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prayers of the Pious

Start your review of Prayers of the Pious
Türkan
2020: Just as beautiful the second time around. Each of the 30 duas have a special meaning and represents something different.
_______________
2019: Truly enlightening and beautiful. Can’t wait to read it next Ramadan again 🙏🏼
Azeeza
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's so beautiful 😭😭. I'm crying because I didn't want it to end and it was such a beautiful journey for me.
Omar Suleiman had a podcast and this book is made of it (I didn't even know about the podcast until now)

This book as the name suggested contains 30 Du'as by Pious people in Islam, from the well known like Abubakr (RA) to Umar (RA) to the people I've never heard of but who had a wonderful connection with Allah (AWJ)

I love this book because it's different from Du'a books, usually Du'a books
↠Ameerah↞
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omar Suleiman just knows how to get through to the soul. 💜
Hanis
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m going to be brutally honest. The cover attracted me the most when I first saw it. I had no idea what this book would give me, but I knew that I had to pick it up. The title came next - Prayers of the Pious, it does sound splendid, doesn’t it? Many Muslims chose this as one of their Ramadhan reads, but I guess I was late for the game. A good thing about books, though; they will never befriend expiry dates.

Anyway, a brief spoiler of this book - it contains dua(s) of the pious. There, I said i
Jessica
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: muslim-reads
What a gem of a book!

Prayers of the Pious is a book based on the series done by Omar Suleiman in Ramadan 2018. I must be the only person who wasn't aware of this series until the book was published, because even though I love Omar Suleiman's work, I don't like to listen to anything short-form. So this book was perfect for me. It has thirty duas from our pious predecessors for the thirty days of Ramadan. Some of the duas are familiar ones from the sunnah and others are truly unique.

The duas appe
Aisha (thatothernigeriangirl)
Listening to the podcast series after which this book was named was immensely helpful but reading the book itself was out of this world.
I’m grateful to Kube Publishing for publishing this book and for sending me a review copy because it has been very helpful this Ramadan.
Prayers of the Pious, as the name suggests, contains 30 dua from Pious people in Islamic history. Each dua is touching, thought provoking and deep yet they all manage to revolve around 3 mains themes; Sincerity, Fear of hypocris
Uzma
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly inspiring book, loved it!
Yunis Esa
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is great. A good selection of supplications of various righteous individuals throughout early Islamic history. A book that I would like to read over and over.
That being said,
The book lacks the main feature of a non fiction which is a bibliography. I can't take a book serious if it lacks the fundamentals of non fiction.
I understand that the book designers wanted to make the book simplified in it's look, but the author needs to understand that some people want sources for the statements
Naira
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Been a fan of Omar Suleiman for a couple of years now and this book is another reason why!
Its a small book of beautiful duaas narrated by amazing key figures in Islam. Each Duaa has the translation, a little background story and a little analysis - which I found extremely helpful.
I believe that this was a Ramadan series a few (~2) years back? So it you prefer listening to him speak you can find it on the Yaqeen institute YouTube channel

Personally my fav dua’a from the book was the one narrated
Iris Ymra
This book presented collection of prayers by the sahabah. Along with narration of sirah -- that is written in a simplicity we can easily understand -- behind every prayer that we as a reader can definitely reflect upon, and aspired to be like them.

The best thing is, we can also practise all of these prayers as our daily routine. And one thing I learned throughout my reading is that, our prayers to Allah s.w.t don't have to be poetic and beautifully arranged -- all we have to do is ask, make our
Mohammad
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A nice brief collection of supplications that most people will not have come across.
Anees
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This beautiful collection of du'as with commentary from Imam Omar was gifted to me by a special friend and sister in faith in London on my recent trip there. While I've only read through it this once, it is one of those books you'll have to and want to go back to when you need a reminder or a specific du'a that you need at a given time that will fit the situation.

I know I'll be going back to this book for many years to come. There is even several pages at the end to record your own du'as, with
Min Mohd
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’ so beautiful and inspiring and I can’t put the book down (though I have finished reading it twice)! This book has inspired me to be closer to Allah (glorified and exalted is He) and to perfect my du’a.
Naz
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading the background to duas that I have known to get some context. I always struggle with how how I communicate with Allah (swt) and this not only gave guidance but helpedclear my head if insecurities and settled my heart whilst enlightening the soul.
Sabrina
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
To read my full detailed review of this book (and MANY more!) please go to my book blog @ https://sabrinareads365.blogspot.com/ ...more
Tyrah Draman
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
AMAZING BOOK!!!! The prayers and supplications are meant to be memorized and practised.
Ameerah
Jun 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: islam
A great book, which has a good selection of supplications from various individuals throughout the Islamic era, however, each supplication lacks a source! Some may enjoy reading the book and memorising the supplications, whereas some, like me, would want to know the authenticity of these supplications. I had to tediously check the source of the supplication on Google before moving to the next 'chapter.'

I'm astonished that Suleiman, a renowned scholar, would publish this book without pinpointing t
Hajar Tarek
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I would recommend this book for every muslim💖
So profound and simple may Allah reward sheikh omar for his efforts books, broadcastings ...etc )

I wanna add this beautiful dua' said by The noble companion Abu Bakr( may Allah be pleased with him )from this book :
O Allah, let the best of my lifetime be its ending, and my best deed be that which I seal [my life with], and the best of my days the day I meet You.”
Abu Bakr (RA)
Aliaa
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I received the book, I was skeptical because I didn't expect that the book would be a small size. But when I started to read it, I realized that the knowledge contained in it are indeed expensive and appeared bigger than its size. As I was passing Chapter 5, I was already in tears. It's really overwhelming to see how the pious placed their words in their prayers in a very proper, sufficient way and that's something that I learned. Definitely will read this book again and again.
Diana Shaibi
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has become one of my favorites. You know a book was good when you find yourself thinking about it after reading it and talking about it among friends. Our duaa tell us a lot about our relationship with Allah and what we hope for. It is awe-inspiring to read about how the pious from long ago used to speak to Allah.
Farah Anwar-Bawany
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Read this when it was released and it truly touched my heart. Just reread it in preparation for Ramadan 2020 and it has moved me as much as it did the first time. There is depth and wisdom in each of these duas, and the accompanying explanation allows us to understand that depth and wisdom.
Ifrah
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very straightforward read. This book featured a collection of supplications, briefly explained them, and applied them to our lives today. I think it's a great introductory text for anyone who wants to start thinking about supplications and how they can better call out to God.
Irika Devi
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For all the loyal followers who dedicate their time listening to Imam Omar Suleiman lecturers, this must be one of the books that you’ve waited for all time
Athirah
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It helps me to understand how doa is suppose to be and what we need to ask Allah for. At the last page of this book, there is journal section that we can write our own doa based on the guidelines.
Khadeeja
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Think sometimes we forget the importance of sincere duaa. This book is the perfect way read to relight the passion for making a duaa so sincere that it comforts your heart. Loved it.
Areena
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful duas and beautiful explanations by Sh. Omar.
Munirah
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved every page and how every dua had a story behind it from one of the companions of the Prophet Sallahu Alayhi Wa Salaam.
The Traveller Of Books Zainub
I read this short but powerful book in Ramadan and to put it plainly this a gem of a book.

Imam Omar Suleiman has with simple words and his sincere efforts complied an enlightening and inspiring collection of thirty Dua’s that the Sahabah (the Companions) of the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) used to recite.

The Arabic dua’s are followed by the transliteration and the translation to make for better reading and understanding.

The prayers are themselves very simple but heartwarming and magnificent and rea
Neelam
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Kube Publishing for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I love listening to Imam Omar Suleiman’s lectures and have attended some of his courses when he has come to London so I was really excited when I heard that Kube Publishing were releasing a book written by him! This book is developed from his Ramadan lecture series and I absolutely loved it!

This book has thirty duas from both well known companions and those early generations of Muslims and some that I have neve
Syikinyunus

• Call Upon Him
  • Secrets of Divine Love: A Spiritual Journey into the Heart of Islam
  • Talk to Allah
  • Perempuan yang Baik-baik Dalam Al-Quran
  • A Treasury of Ghazali (Treasury in Islamic Thought and Civilization)
  • Lessons from Surah al-Kahf (Pearls from the Qur'an)
  • Love Stories from Quran
  • Communicating with Allah: Rediscovering Prayer (Salah)
  • Letters to God