Start by marking “Right Next Door (Love in New Bedford, #1)” as Want to Read:
Right Next Door (Love in New Bedford, #1)

Right Next Door

(Love in New Bedford #1)

Everything she was waiting for moved in right next door…

A single mom by day and ER nurse by night, Emma kissed her wild past goodbye to focus on raising her two young daughters. Nobody with kids has the time to be chasing orgasms. Juggling work and laundry is tricky, but she’s keeping it together—mostly.

Single dad Will Taylor hauled his collection of concert T-shirts and car
ebook, 1st edition, 88 pages
Published June 10th 2019 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Right Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Right Next Door

Isabella.R
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Love Thy Neighbor Stars ⭐

Life is not easy for single mother of two Emma. As a nurse that works night shift, she is unimpressed when she is awakened by her hunky ginger bearded neighbor doing home repairs first thing in the morning.

Their first meeting isn’t exactly the most welcoming. In fact, Emma is just prickly borderline unlikable, but Will sees something more in her.
Emma is reluctant to engage. Past hurts have made her cautious and closed off.
Fortunately, Will recog
Jen
4 Stars

“Emma,” he said finally, as I combed my fingers through the damp curls at his neck. “You are far and away my favorite neighbor.”

Despite its short word count, Right Next Door still managed to pack a decent sized punch. As a single mom whose relationship with her ex left both physical and emotional scars, Emma doesn’t have the time or inclination for a relationship. Will is Emma’s new, hot single dad neighbor and he’s open to anything Emma’s willing to give him. Before you can say “I’ll show you mine if youStars
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
So freaking sweet and hella hot. Got a few tears out of me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Normally these Novellas are quick stories light on the character development but full of hotness. This one was just a little different. This book showcases a single mom and a single dad and the struggles that they encounter just living life. Got a few tears out of me!

However, that’s not to say this book is not loaded with the delicious heat that we always look for. This author knows how to pour it
Nonieღserenity2bliss
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another quick, fun read by Carina Press.

I appreciate the fact that the characters in this story are not your typical lonely-and-horny characters that you usually expect in a quick smut.

I mean, yes they are lonely and horny, but they are also more than that. For one, Emma is a single, working mom who just wants to let it loose with Will, her new, handsome neighbor who also happens to be a single dad.

I like that they are not completely driven by their raging hormones. I find them sneaking aroun
My Pink Fairytales
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Love Thy Neighbor Stars ⭐

Life is not easy for single mother of two Emma. As a nurse that works night shift she is unimpressed when she is awakened by her hunky, ginger bearded neighbor doing home repairs first thing in the morning.

Emma is reluctant to engage. Past hurts have made her cautious and closed off.
Fortunately, Will could
Sammi Jayne Brooks
May 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
Sadly I found this really boring.

The characters weren't anything special so I didn't find myself connecting to them.

I'm totally for authors bringing taboo issues into books to bring awareness to them. Similar to Jessica's Wish which raised awareness about Downs Syndrome, it failed to deliver. It (other reviews have explained the "it"), the same as in Jessica's Wish, didn't add anything to story. Like I said, I'm all for authors adding these subjects to novels, but it wasn't explained properly so it was
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I genuinely loved this story. It touches on tough subjects and real post birth issues that women have to deal with. It’s the first romance I have read covering this subject but I think it’s important for stories to feel “genuine “ and this story did that. Didn’t hurt that Will was a total DILF & their sex scenes were hot AF. Loved their banter, their honesty & the way he helped her find her way back to sexy.

I received an arc of this book.
Michelle
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Lady Elizabeth
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emma is a single mom of two adorable little girls that are a handful. She's a nurse and it's working night shifts so support her daughters because their father is not in the picture any longer. Something happens in the past and we get to understand why Emma has her daughters all to herself. That being said, it's not easy to be a single mom. Especially when a handsome single dad moves next door.

Will just moved to a new home with her son. The idea is to have him close to his mother and
Dirty Dayna
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 For Starters.. show me your tits Stars
this review is hard to write because this book is so many things.
This is a new author to me and a debut author for 2019 so I did not know what toe xpect going in. However I love Carina Press and I ALWAYS take a chance when I see that publisher. These books are meant to be a hot 1-2 hour read that leaves you warm and tingly all over. I already read a Carina Press neighbor story that oddly began the saem way but the stories are quite different. The show me what4
Sofia Lazaridou
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Right Next Door is a short story written by Delilah Peters. It's a stand-alone novel and it belongs in a series of novellas written by different authors, so you just pick it up and read it. The story would have worked better if it was a full-length novel. You have Emma's past, her daughter and her work. Then you have Will, with his disabled son, the ex with and their weird relationship. And to top that up these two people have to have a relationship and sell us on the romance. I would have loved ...more
Ruthie Taylor
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

I am enjoying the variety and different ways that authors have interpreted "The Dirty Bits" in this series from Carina Press. I would recommend that you give them a try - and remember the premise of all the 'good' bits in a short story, and judge them on that basis. They are quick, often cheeky, forays into passion, often with a quick transition to romance. Sometimes a short, sexy story is just what you need!

This story,
Amber
Jun 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-2019, romance

This was a new author to me so I didn't know what to expect but this was a short read (read within 1.5hr) and it had just the right amount of steam and romance. I don't feel like I connected with the characters though, or at least Emma! If you need something quick to read with a little kinkiness, then this would be for you.

Thanks Netgalley for the chance to review!
Olivia (SupernovaWrites)
May 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
3 1/2 stars. Some content but mostly smut. Nothing really all that extraordinary and fine for a one-sitting read. Full review to follow.
Anne Milne
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
A fun sexy read that brings two single parents together. This was not heavy on drama but does explore the difficulties of parenting. Plenty of fun sexy times in this novella.
Becky Rendon
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Right Next Door is a lusty adventure to happily ever after. Though it has some intense subject matter, it is a filthy romp to tantalize its readers.

Everyone deserves a Will in their lives!
Avid Reader
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Right Next Door by Delilah Peters
M/F Romance
Triggers: traumatic birth story
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Emma is living her life, her way. Well, as much her way as she can. Working nights as a nurse is tough. But, her girls are worth it. Despite having a dead beat ex, Emma knows that she is giving her girls everything she can.

Will is learning how to live in a new place. With his son and his ex wife, Will is learning that
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~
Full RTC closer to the RD

CW/TW
- (on page talk about) traumatic childbirth, talk about medical procedure & aftermaths; dealing with pain while sexual act; several emotional breakdowns
- disabled side character; talk about cerebral palsy (CP) & general side character's condition due to traumatic childbirth of the mother
- Kinky sex (anal, light spanking)

This book was so amazing, sexy & full of consent. Through the whole book we see lots of understandi
WycEd Reader

Check out our Right Next Door post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Ruthie – ☆☆☆☆
I am enjoying the variety and different ways that authors have interpreted "The Dirty Bits" in this series from Carina Press. I would recommend that you give them a try – and remember the premise of all the 'good' bits in a short story and judge them on that basis. They are quick, often cheeky, forays into passion, often with a quick transition to romance. Sometimes a short, sexy story is just what you need!

This story, thoughReads.
Reviews
Krystal
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This book comes with its own disclaimer "The Dirty Bits from Carina Press give you what you want, when you want it. Designed to be read in an hour or two, these sex-filled micro romances are guaranteed to pack a punch and deliver a happily-ever-after."

Because of that disclaimer, I went into this story expecting a quick read (which I got), that still managed to have complex characters and an interesting story-line. And while I will one hundred percent say that these characters were li
Heather Wood
May 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book, netgalley
*scroll to the bottom for content warnings*
Trope: neighbors
Cover rating: for a "Dirty Bits" title I would expect more steam, this is almost ao bland it can be ignored
Book description accuracy: eh, maybe 50%? It covers the general storyline but makes it seem like it would be a dual POV
General review:
I didn't enjoy this. From the series description, I expected a quick lunch hour read with erotic ROMANCE. Instead I got several hours of slogging through a disjointed story where t
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this story, but I can see why some people might not be so keen. This is a short, quick read. If you're expecting something completely light-hearted and fun, then this is possibly not the read that you are looking for. That's not to say that it's incredibly dark or hard going, but there are topics touched on here that won't be for everyone. The heroine has issues with intimacy after a traumatic birth and subsequent related injury. It also deals with the realities of juggling being a singl ...more
R Y A N  (bdb.for.life.true)
5/5 - SO GOOD, SO SO SO GOOD!

I loved this book. It was sweet and sexy. Ok, it was scorching hot — the story is sweet.

Single dad, Will and single mom Emma are next door neighbors. They are attracted to each other and their kids are good friends. But there is conflict with Emma’s ex-husband.

Emma has a lot of emotional baggage through trauma while giving birth to her second daughter and the horrific things her obstetrician and husband did to her. She left scarred and insecure and perm
Sarah Pie
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Will and Emma are both single parents. Emma is content in her life, or so she thought, until Will moves in next door with his son Nick. (On a side note, Nick and Emma's girls, Mags and Lola, are absolutely adorable!) Even though Emma is attracted to Will, she's reluctant to start a relationship because of traumatic events in her past.

I enjoyed this story. I loved watching Emma and Will grow in their relationship. The kids were adorable and gave the story lighthearted moments. And I h
Ola Adamska
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2019
I have been thinking about what I felt while reading this novella. As giving rate, to a novella is always harder than rating a full novel. Here author needs to put everything in a really small amount of word count. Sometimes it works and sometimes it's miserable.
In Right Next Door I hadn't expected anything bog, as it's not the aim of those stories. And I got what I was wanting - good characters, some developing and growing romance. So far it's nice, right?
I just needed a few little
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Right Next Door by Delilah Peters is the story of Emma and Will.
Emma has to daughters to raise in addition to being a nurse...both seem to be unthinkable jobs. Emma has no time for anything for relationships, besides she been burned before just adds to her not wanting to engage with men. Will is a single father who sees something in Emma besides her harsh attitude. Of curse they end up burning up my kindle pages.
Quick Hot Read.
Partfam
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review is not going to be long. I am not a huge fan of a review rehashing the entire plot and spoiling it for everyone.

This is the first book by Delilah Peters that I have read. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Her style of writing. keeps you interested and waiting for more. I cannot wait to read more of her books.

I received an ARC of this book to read through NetGalley in exchange for a fair review.
Erin
May 06, 2019 rated it liked it
A surprisingly serious book in this series. It's not a spoiler (the author talks about it in her foreword) to say that this book deals with past traumatic birth and painful intercourse. Therefore the sex scenes felt important and redemptive for the heroine, but not really sexy for the reader. I liked the characters and found the story engaging, but I would not have included it in the "Dirty Bits" series.
Poppy Dubois
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot, hot, hot! I couldn't put this sexy book down! There was so much chemistry between Will and Emma. But, it was more than just passion. You could feel the connection on a deeper level. I loved that the author didn't shy away from tough matters (like disability and drug addiction) despite it being a novella length. She brings the heavy and the sexy and mixes it all together beautifully! Can't wait to read more from Delilah Peters!
Greyland Reviews
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This was so good! Really liked how the author shed some light on postpartum, the affects it has on women, and how they handle it. And I'm always love reading books with single parent(s), they always get me the feels. A very good first book from Peters as well. Can't wait to read more from her.
Delilah Peters is a sucker for love. After years of crafting heavy, moody stories, she embraced her inner optimist--and her unabashed affection for tropes--and danced into contemporary romance.

Raised in a small, frigid town in Upstate New York, she now inhabits a small, rural town in the steamy South. There, she lives in the moment with her hero, three wild children, four cats, unfinished knittin

Love in New Bedford (5 books)
  • Love in the Stacks (Love in New Bedford, #2)
  • Sugar Rush (Love in New Bedford, #2)
  • In Love On Air (Love in New Bedford, #4)
  • Second Story (Love in New Bedford, #3)