Start by marking “Player (Red Lipstick Coalition, #2)” as Want to Read:
Player (Red Lipstick Coalition, #2)

Player

(Red Lipstick Coalition #2)

An alternative cover edition for this ASIN can be found here.

He’s a player.

He plays the bass with expert fingers. He plays women with intoxicating charm. And he’ll play me with the ease of a virtuoso.

Who better to teach me to play than the master himself?

I’m his model student, front row, pencil sharp. Pick up lines? I’ve got them. Free drinks? By the dozen. Kissing? Let me
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 339 pages
Published March 12th 2019 by Staci Hart (first published September 17th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Player, please sign up.
Sofia Lazaridou
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Christy
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-five-stars
5 stars!!!

photo IMG_2132_zps0awueco0.png
“Everyone knows this. No one storms the castle for the príncipe. They come for la princesa.”

You know that giddy feeling you get while reading a book? The butterflies in your stomach, perma-grin on your face? That is the exact feeling I got while reading Staci Hart’s Player. I’ve read (and loved) a lot of her books, but this book has to be her best yet. I loved everything about it. Just thinking about it and writing this review is leaving me with a huge smile on my face.

Val is p
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
“Follow the song of your heart.”

Player, by Staci Hart, is the first book I’ve read by this author. I have to admit that my initial draw to this book was the cover. I love romance stories based around music. My mother was a bass player. I’ve always had music in my life. But this book surprised me on every level. I was blown away. Staci Hart has all the words! I think the love scenes in this book were the most beautiful I’ve ever read. I want to admit that at first, I had mixed feelings. I had s
Cristina | CristiinaReads
➳There is a beauty within reading a book you did not expect to love. Especially in a romance where inner beauty is what matters instead of physical appearances, where Sam and Val portray that in such a delightful and nostalgic way...

➳I want to start off by saying that I have officially become a true fan of Staci's writing... Though it is fast paced, her way of writing can also be considered a slow-burn angst between the characters, which is actually something that an ideal romance novel would
Staci Hart
Sep 26, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

The girl who had hidden her body from me had gone, replaced by a woman who wanted to be seen. Those places she hated were forgotten in the safety of my arms—she knew I wouldn’t betray her. She knew I wouldn’t make her feel anything but perfect and desired.

This was my ”try a new author” book and I was happy that the story ended up being pretty entertaining. PLAYER is another modern-day twist on the play, ”Pygmalion” . The Heroine, Val, is a s
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars

Player is another fantastic story!Staci Hart delivers a romantic,sweet ,flirty and funny at times story.

description

I loved the characters and especially Val! I could easily relate with her and I could understand her.She is sweet but also fierce when it's needed.Sam is fantastic, I don't know where to start with him, he can know how to treat a girl!He is hot,sexy,charming and sweet.I love how he was with Val.They were so perfect for each other.

Their releationship was unique. I loved how they starte
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
4.5 Just Once Stars

I adored Sam and Val’s story! This was such a fun read! One of my favorites from this author! This series of stand-alones is a true winner!

Here’s the breakdown:
The Red Lipstick Coalition returns! Val is a curvy, awkward, matter of fact girl who has a huge crush on one of coworkers. To her credit, Sam’s is the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome. His description had me sitting up and taking notice. After an embarrassing moment, that that catches Sam’s attention Val decides to
Kandi Steiner
STOP. IT. Just... stop it, Staci Hart. I swear, there are very few authors that when I read them, they make me feel so inferior that I want to throw in the towel and never write a word again -- Staci is one of them. And Player is a perfect example of why. These characters, this love story, this entire Red Lipstick Coalition gang is just... perfection. And Staci Hart is still and forever the queen of romantic comedy.

I just want to start with Val because I can't NOT start with her. This is the fir
Sabrina
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

The Red Lipstick Coalition strikes again! This was a great story with a ton of heart warming moments. I swear I just about passed out from all the swooning Sam had me doing. I seriously loved his character and reading how he was with Val and her insecurities was captivating. Val was also a great character to read about it was fun to see her shed some of those doubts she had about herself.

Overall, a great story and one I highly recommend. Val and her roommates were
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

Now, it's Val's turn. And WOW...can I just say that I loved all the musical influences and the swing dancing?! It was so fun reading about them dancing even if I have no clue what they're actually doing!

But, back to Val and Sam meeting...they're both in the orchestra for the Broadway show, Wicked. She's been stalking him and he's noticed her too. So has his jerk friend, Ian, who makes a bet with Sam that he can't date Val for a month. See, Sam doesn't date so while he's considering it, he
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳

#CurrentlyReading

This book is pure rhythm.
I'm 45% in and so far there hasn't been a dull moment, this baby is pulsing with humor, banter, covert feelings—ah sweet angst— , a false lulling slow-burning cadence and is set to make your romance reader heart thrumming!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ LOVED IT! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A pretend relationship with its lot of unrequited love, a banter so sharp it makes my cheeks hurt, the chemistry between the heroine and the hero is —EVERYTHING—, secondary characters you only wish they'd have their
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“He stole my heart just to see if he could.”

I am a huge fan of Staci Hart’s writing and have been for a long time now, so to say I was beyond excited to read her newest release Player is a complete understatement. Well Staci has done it again, she has delivered a fun, addictive romance that I loved; with her perfectly crafted storytelling, her characters that make me fall in love and her signature humor that makes me so happy to read her stories. I think this is probably my favorite Staci bo
m • professional fangirl
4.5 STARS

THIS. SERIES. YOU GUYS!
I love it.

I don't know what it is about it that makes me feel all warm of fuzzy inside BUT I LOVE THIS FEELING AND NEVER WANT IT TO GO AWAY! Maybe it's the wallflowers aspect of it that just calls to my HR-loving heart or maybe it's how incredibly powerful it is to read about fascinating women finding themselves in this great big world and growing confident OR MAYBE IT'S ALL THE SWOON WORTHY GUYS THEY FALL IN LOVE WITH.

I'd say it's most likely all the above!

Need
Shayna
Top Favorite

“You see it as a flaw. I see it as honest. It’s you. And I want you just as you are. Every tiny freckle on your nose. Every curl on your head. Every soft place on your body. You call them flaws. I call it a signature. Because there is no one like you, not in the whole world. And I will love ever curve until you realize you love them too.”

It should be no surprise to you, nor is it a surprise to me, that Player by Staci Hart is my favorite ROMANCE OF THE YEAR! It’s hard to continue writing this
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Love is music' Stars!

I was oh-so-ready for more after reading Piece of Work. After finishing the first book in the Red Lipstick Coalition I instantly fell in love with Staci's writing style, her characters, the way she developed friendships and love relationships and the explosive chemistry between the main couples. Player is no exception to any of that.

I loved Val and Sam, their quirky interactions, their friendship, the slow burning chemistry, the sexy times and all the emotions. Also, I
☽ TheBibliotheque
"Every curve, even the ones you hate. (...) You see it as a flaw. I see it as honest. It's you. And I want you just the way you are. Every tiny freckle on your nose. Every curl on your head. Every soft place on your body. You call them flaws. I call it a signature. Because there is no one like you, not in the whole world. And I will love every curve until you realize you love them too."

Well. If after reading that quote your heart didn't melt and turn into a puddle of goo, then, my dear friend,
Na
"Don't ever give your love to a man who won't give you everything he has to his name in exchange, heart soul in hand."

This book is brilliant! This story is a song that touches your heart and each note vibrates though the author's words along the chapters. It's a song about learning to love and trust yourself, to follow your dreams and that your true happiness only comes from deep inside yourself.

"Sweet Val with her doe eyes and bright smile. The realness of her struck a chord in my che
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
5 STARS!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Once more, Staci Hart has penned a novel that has captivated my heart completely! Unique in her own right, Staci's writing is flawless as she creates an undeniable connection between tbe reader and characters. Seriously, you won't be able to stop yourself from falling in love with these ingenious characters!!

Val! Valentina. She quickly became a favorite heroine to me. Here's why... She's a voluptuous goddess with Hispanic roots. Flawed and insecure, yet at the same time she's fierce and
Kathy West
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Val is not a size two. She is not a fashion icon. She is a simple girl, who plays in the orchestra, who has a crush on a guy named Sam. A guy she thinks she would never have a chance with. Problem is every time she is around Sam, something goes wrong.

Sam plays in the orchestra with Val. He has noticed her, but he has never approached her. Why? Because she looks like the type of girl that does long-term and he never does long-term.

Insert Ian, Sam's best-friend. Ian goes after what he wants and
Wendy'sThoughts
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Staci Hart Fans, Romance
5 Perfectly Played Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
So I read this and made the HUGE mistake of not reviewing it. I do not know why...I just think time slipped away. What I did not forget was how wonderful this book was. Ever Single Moment, Every Single Build Up was perfect. The depth of the characters, their reactions, and feelings all hit me.

Because this is a late review and so many have done this justice, I will just say, Staci Hart has taken this series to another level. She has used the concept
Kayla Brunson
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019, romance
I was so happy to have Val's story and I adored it! Val was an outgoing curvy girl and I couldn't wait to read about her.

Once again, my favorite thing about this series of standalone is this group of friends. These four girls are a group of friends that I wish I had. They were always there for each other and were always supportive. Let me also not forget to mention the diversity again. We had Val who was a Latina and Sam who was Lebanese.

Val's struggles are a subject that hit home for me. I'm
Sophie
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It will come as no surprise to you at all that, I LOVE STACI HART! Seriously, she's one of my TOP, TOP authors and I pretty much adore every single book she's ever written...

Fun fact: Last Call has always been my absolute TOP FAVE of all Staci's books....

Until PLAYER.

Yup, Staci has written a new top fave and I'm so overwhelmed with the amount of love I have for it! Val & Sam are just my FAVE Hart couple EVER! They are perfection. From start to finish these two ran away with my heart and impr
Vanessa (nessreads)
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

6 “Love is Music” Stars

I honestly don't even know where to begin. I haven't stopped smiling since finishing this AH-MAZ-ING book. And that's saying A LOT since I haven't smiled in the last six days. Staci managed to put the biggest and brightest smile on my face and I can't thank her enough. This story was exceptional. These characters were, quite frankly some of my favorite characters ever, ESPECIALLY Sam and Val! And the swing dancing and th
Danny
"He picked me up like I was nothing, but he held me like I was everything."

Val is one of the 4 friends of the Red Lipstick Coalition, and like the rest of them, doesn't have a clue of how to date. She has a traumatic past because she developed early in school and was bullied because of it, and she carries that with her right along with society's expectations for a female body to be all the same size and shape but Val is better than that, she's unique. And that's what Sam will see in her.
Sam is
Ariel
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sofia Lazaridou
I am giving 3 very generous stars to the book. I haven't felt so grossed out in a long time when reading a book. Somewhere in this story (not in the beginning), Sam plays with his band in bad (I think) and in the crowd, he sees 4 women he has slept with and mentally introduces us to them by letting the reader know what they liked or were like in bed. Did we really need to know that? I could have lived my life not knowing that, but I guess the author needed to reach a word count. The book has a l ...more
Nadine
5 Stars

Everyone knows the stories of girls who fall in love with guys who are completely out of their league (so they think!) Player is one of these stories.

The book sends us on a bumpy journey to the HEA of Val and Sam.

Val is shy, doesn't think she is attractive and she's irrevocable in love with Sam. She's so in love that she can't even exchange a few normal words with him.

Sam is gorgeous. He's a guy who knows that women love him, and he takes advantage of that. But Sam's a good guy. He
Happily Mary After
Recommendation appeared on USA Today’s Happy Ever After on October 9, 2018.

I adore Staci Hart’s dynamic, sassy and distinctive voice and her unique, authentic characters, and she’s at her best in Player. It’s a refreshing, sensual and poignant romance, but what makes it truly stand out is Hart’s commitment to delivering a story of female empowerment and self-acceptance that leaves the reader feeling invigorated, optimistic and downright happy.

The heroine, Val, struggles with low self-confidence
Kris
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God guys. This book. Let me tell you. Sometimes you get that book that you're so invested in that you message the author in all CAPS like you're yelling, because you should be grocery shopping but you're really walking down the isles with your kindle in your hand and throwing random food in the cart.
#cantrelate....... maybe.
I loved Val. I love a good curvy girl, with a little shyness, and a mouth with no filter.
And Sam. Sam took a little more for me to get into, just because the dude is a legit
Lisa
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but here goes...

This is my 2nd Staci Hart book. And the 2nd time I was left underwhelmed. Her writing is just... lovely to read. The premise of the story, is one that will resonate with a lot of women because of its message. Unfortunately, it just wasn't executed as well as it could have been. It was predictable and I found myself wanting to skim pages in the middle. The chemistry just wasn't there parts just felt very cliche.

• A Reckless Desire (Breconridge Brothers, #3)
  • Serenading the Shadows (Lightning Strikes #1)
  • Pairing Off (Red Hot Russians, #1)
  • No Quarter  (NOLA's Own #2)
  • Havoc (Mayhem, #4)
  • Follow My Lead (The Blue Raven, #3)
  • Listed: Volume IV (Listed, #4)
  • Stand-In Star
  • Desperately Seeking Suzanna (Tricks of the Ton, #2)
  • Big Stick (Aces Hockey, #7)
  • Mr. Hotshot CEO (Kwan Sisters, #2)
  • Dirty Rich One Night Stand: Two Years Later (Dirty Rich, #7)
  • Lawless
  • One Cruel Night (Cruel, #0.5)
  • I Just Play One on TV
  • Carnival (Traveling, #4)
  • Can't Text This
  • Love, Sincerely, Yours
Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life: a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can’t forget that. She’s also been a mom to three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She’s been a wife, even though she’s certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She’s also super, duper fun at a party, espe ...more

Red Lipstick Coalition (4 books)
  • Piece of Work (Red Lipstick Coalition, #1)
  • Work in Progress (Red Lipstick Coalition, #3)
  • Well Suited (Red Lipstick Coalition, #4)
“Love is music. It’s learning when to be loud and when to be soft. It’s riding the scales up and down. Learning the curves and strings to play the song of your heart. You have to know when to lead and when to follow. When you’re wrong and when you’re right. Love is music,” 3 likes
“Love is music. It’s learning when to be loud and when to be soft. It’s riding the scales up and down. Learning the curves and strings to play the song of your heart. You have to know when to lead and when to follow. When you’re wrong and when you’re right. Love is music, hijo mío. It is the greatest music there is.” 0 likes