Start by marking “Calm the F*ck Down Journal: Practical Ways to Stop Worrying and Take Control of Your Life” as Want to Read:

Tame anxiety, manage stress, and stop freaking out with this straight-talking interactive journal designed to help you identify what's stressing you out and handle it once and for all.

Do you overthink everything? Do your stresses and anxieties keep you up at night? Do you wish someone would help you just snap out of it--and focus on what really matters?
Sounds like you need
Published October 29th 2019 by Voracious

To ask other readers questions about Calm the F*ck Down Journal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calm the F*ck Down Journal

Start your review of Calm the F*ck Down Journal: Practical Ways to Stop Worrying and Take Control of Your Life
Melissa
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I never read anything by Sarah Knight before reading this journal. Did I like it? Oh, yes I did, and so much that I will buy my own finish copy of this and fill it with all I have! If you can let go of a situation, if you are anxious about everything or anything (and who isn’t?!), than this journal is for you.

Many thanks to Little, Brown and Company for the complimentary e-copy of this book through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Etienne
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A small self-help book/journal where you go through quiz and personal thinking to pinpoint your stress factors and how to ease it or lower it down. The «popular» language is obviously a marketing tool to make it look cooler or more easy to get into, but beyond that the book might actually help some people. Personally I'm already past that point and are higher on my personal path to living with anxiety, but to someone who start to realize his problem and want to work on it, this can be a good ...more
Karen
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Really disappointed in this one. I read the book in its entirety on my fifteen minute break at work. I have read other books to help manage stress and anxiety. Did I fill out any of the responses? No. Maybe if I went back and completed the journal it would help me reflect on some of my worry but I don't see any helpful or new tips for people dealing with anxiety or prone to panic attacks.

I received this ARC from NetGalley.
Anne Marie
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you NetGalley and Little Brown and Company for giving me this advanced readers copy.

I love how Sarah talks about anxiety in a very down to earth way. I love her straight forward approach to the ever so stressful topic. I also enjoy the questions and workbook type exercises! This book is great for anyone who wants the down and dirty truthfulness about anxiety.
Diana
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-ficton
This is a great way to put yourself into the book. With most self-help books it's just something you read and hope what you read sticks long enough to help you, but with a journal you have to actually stop and try to make it work.
As someone who reads so many self-help books I often get to a point where I don't even remember what the previous one told me; a journal is a much better alternative.
Jantine
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of the 'Calm the F*ck Down Journal' from Little, Brown and Company through Netgalley in return for an honest review. This book will be released at October 29th.

I was immediately pulled towards this book, since I am prone to overthinking everything, and I love to journal.

I do love how it combines self-help and journaling. I read it, notebook and pen next to me, and could immediately apply the things I read. Some things have been left 'empty' (or better, not applied into my own
Alison (Story-eyed Reviews)
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I have always enjoyed Sarah Knight and this book was no exception.

Part book, part journal, Calm the F*ck Down Journal is exactly what it sounds like: a collection of stories and prompts to help you...well, calm the f*ck down. As someone with loads of anxiety, stuff like this is right up my alley and I found the prompts to be fun, fresh, amusing, and thought-provoking.

This journal would be a great workbook for someone struggling in their life right now and who also needs a few laughs, or a
Kelly Faysash
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you enjoyed Sarah's book Calm the F*ck Down, you will love the journal. Though I only had access to the digital copy, it is a really great way go through some mental exercises and writing prompts to help navigate your thoughts and chill out. I really like the tone of this journal and how it is a bit more "real" than others in this category. Like anything, you have to do the work to make it work. So grab a pen and get going!
Kelly Long
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing this book in exchange for an honest review.
This isn't the best anxiety reducing book I've read but I did enjoy the author's sense of humor. This book is good for people who have more situational anxiety rather than generalized anxiety.
Alexandra
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Nice for those who like her previous books. A place to get some information and write down your thoughts and go through some prompts of what is being presented to you.
Nicole Field
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Just like the NotSorry Method in The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a Fuck, this journal has a similar kind of method that underpins the whole: The NoWorries Method.

The main difference between this book and the previous mentioned one is where Not Giving a Fuck centred around physical environment, Calm the Fuck Down speaks to mental environment.

Just like last time, this book splits things into two steps: 1) Calming the fuck down, and 2) Dealing with it -- whatever 'it' happens to be.

The one
Jill
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Sarah Knight, author of The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck and You Do You (among others), has taken her best-selling Calm the F*ck Down and made it into a journal. A great gift for anyone who deals with anxiety (even if it’s you), to help declutter the thoughts that make you crazy with her step-by-step NoWorries method.

Knight starts by going through the evolution of a freakout. It starts with a what-if, moves on to worry, is buffeted by inaction, thus resulting in a freakout. But as
Kate
The art of not giving a f*ck has been a topic of conversation for several years now. I am not a person who deals with general anxiety and have not read any of the other books in this group. So, why did I choose to read this one? Well, the title made me laugh and I was interested in how a journal would work on my Kindle.

Early in this journal, there is a quiz. The quiz is designed to help you identify what kind of anxiety responses you are experiencing. I ended up with a score of no anxiety,
Sweetheart Seer
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I was sent an e-arc from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

I enjoyed the idea here and the general writing style. I have read previous works by Sarah Knight and do like her as an author even though much of it is repetition. Which makes sense with this being a journal of course.

I am docking a star because it didn't wow me, but mostly because of the *highly distracting* sea foam green motif going on. Seriously, whoever designed this and thought this shade of green would be making for a
Priya
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
I did not like this book/journal. Although I am in the minority here.

The suggestions will be useful for people who have mild anxiety or get a little stressed in the course of life but it is not the right one for people with GAD. The author mentions that she was diagnosed with GAPD as well, which made me wonder if she had even thought this through. I have GAD and under no circumstances am I going to engage with all the thoughts that come into my head. Nope, not at all. I would go crazy if I
Shelby Bollen
Nov 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley
Whilst this may be a useful tool for some people, this just wasn't for me.
It does go over the more common issues that someone with anxiety may face, but I find that anxiety is such a personal and variable thing in people. So it's hard for something like this to appeal to every anxiety sufferer.
The idea of your anxiety just being dealt with, or well managed, by writing out anxious thoughts on a bit of paper just seems a little ridiculous to me, and perhaps even condescending.

Unfortunately, I
Ioanna
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
You know the book. Time to meet the journal!

Calm the F*ck Down Journal is the perfect companion to the original book. Ideal for all people who have or are still experiencing strong episodes of anxiety, the journal is created in a way that it can help you learn more about yourself, your behavior, and how to put an end to some of your bad habits.

The writing style is undoubtedly humorous, which can help the reader at times. But it also feels like touching the issue of anxiety too lightly at times -
Pet
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've heard lots of the author's bestseller The Art of ..., and even though I haven't read it I asked for the journal because I've heard lots of praise for it, too.
And it didn't disappoint. Like every journal of this kind its success depends on the energy the user puts into it - the author gives great, meaningful advices and ideas and then it's task of the reader/user how much they get out of it. I like especially the tone the author uses - very down-to-earth, very realistic, a bit of an easy
Michelle Quinn
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
It's a fine package of exercises to deal with everyday anxieties, but nothing more than that really. Maybe it would've been more impactful if I had paired it with the actual book it goes with. Knight's books always seem to be a hit or miss for me, and this one is another miss. While it may be helpful for most of the small things and it's nice to have it all in one nice looking package, I don't believe it's helpful for bigger anxiety issues or for people who either dislike though love or need ...more
Erika Eck
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this as much as I loved The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck.
Journaling did indeed calm me the f*ck down.
Since it was an ebook I did have to write things down on notebook paper, which I didn't mind. But, if that's something that seems like it would bug you, then I highly suggest the physical copy.

I, without a doubt, recommend this journal! I may have to invest in a physical copy that way I can experience that way as well.
Brooke
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a simple, straightforward and quick journal to help dealing with anxiety. I appreciated that the author keeps the overall tone light and humorous. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in reading something outside of the typical anxiety self-help books, which tend to be very serious and lack any humor.
***This review is based on an electronic advance reader copy provided to me by the publisher/Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.***
Vanessa
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first in this series and author that I have read, but have heard from others that they love the books.
I'm not too sure it is totally suited to my and my life.
Others who made need the assistance to learn how to deal with stressors and such in their life, may find this book a perfect addition to their bookshelf. I do like the concept and it is full of information.

Give it some time to read and learn all that is offered - and calm down.
Nicolet Groen
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-bookshelf
The title made me laugh out loud, I relate to the topic and I am a journaler. Those are the reason I requested an ARC to read it and give my honest review. I cannot say anything else that I am disappointed. It's a quick read and I didn't feel like doing the exercises because it's all too obvious and the offered solutions are too simplistic. Perhaps I should have read Sarah Knight's book first but, the journal on its own is too shallow,
Kristine
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon-reviewed
Calm the F*ck Down Journal by Sarah Knight is a free NetGalley ebook that I read in late October.

Random writing prompts to identify, address, and treat your anxiety, such as what emotions and feelings are allocated during panic attacks, determining critical and non-critical concerns, making lists of alternatives, ways to bounce back, what could happen, as well as what is and what is not out of your control.
Shay
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has helped me in so many ways. This journal and the book came in to my life at the perfect time. It really helps to clear all of these what if's that take up space in your mind. I recommend this book to anyone who has anxiety.

Arc provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Rather.be.reading1
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book/journal was hilarious! I have not read her other works, but have definitely seen them around. This has made me want to read her whole backlist! I really like how the journal flows and is broken up. I want to give this book to everyone I know! Thank you for the opportunity to read/review/ work through this book/journal.
Fran
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it
The standard advice/techniques, presented with swear words, to interject humor. Despite its obvious attempt at being fresh, there was nothing new here. With that said, it does offer common sense methods for organizing oneself when faced with a mental overload of worry.
Susan
Nov 05, 2019
Openly Bookish
Nov 21, 2019
Cathy M.
Nov 21, 2019

• The Other Wife
  • The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life's Direction and Purpose
  • Lettering for Absolute Beginners: Using Faux Calligraphy to Create Simple Versatile Projects
  • Unicorn Training
  • The Magic of Mindset: A Journal to Get Unstuck
  • The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism
  • Sisters of Shadow and Light (Sisters of Shadow and Light, #1)
  • If Darkness Takes Us
  • Skeletitos: Countdown to Midnight
  • All Cats Are Introverts
  • The Wendy (Tales of the Wendy, #1)
  • The Joy of Missing Out: Live More by Doing Less