Start by marking “We Met in December” as Want to Read:
We Met in December

We Met in December

Following a year in the life of a twenty-something British woman who falls hard for her London flat mate, this clever, fun, and unforgettable romantic comedy is the perfect feel-good holiday read.

Two people. One house. A year that changes everything.

Published November 5th 2019 by William Morrow Paperbacks

Start your review of We Met in December
Irena
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every time I start a new book I hope it will take me on an adventure that will stay with me long after I finish that last page.
Books that usually do stay are the ones that shake my emotions and have scenes that I remember long time after.
This is why I tend to read women’s fiction and romance so often. There is something about finding a character we, as readers, can emphatize with and root for her/his happy ending.

We Met in December is one of those books that will stay with me, maybe forever.

It
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡
2.5 / 5 stars

[ e-ARC received from Edelweiss+ ]

Well, this is really hard for me to rate this one since I feel nothing (absolutely nothing) while reading it. The story of this book is quite repetitive and predictable already (that’s not a problem) but the writing style makes it even more boring and that’s why I have to take more time than usual to finish it. (thisss is a real problem)

Besides that, the two protagonists which are Jess and Alex ain’t interesting that much in my opinion. I don’t
Debra
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Twenty-nine-year-old Jess has moved to London in December to live in a crumbling home in Notting Hill to share with a couple of strangers. The rent is cheap, and her roommates seem nice. The first night there, they have a party and Jess instantly feels connected to Alex, a male nurse sharing her floor. She feels an instant connection but after coming back from a trip with friends finds Emma, their beautiful roommate coming out of Alex's bedroom. It is obvious that they have something going on ...more
Amy Imogene Reads

Not quite a Christmas romance, We Met in December was a confusing and ultimately average reading experience. Which is so sad, because I was HERE for this cover and concept.

Writing: 1/2
Romance:
Pacing:

Urgh. I'm not looking forward to explaining this one.

Jess is a late 20-something girl who arrives in London with a renewed sense of purpose following a few dramatic life changes. She's got a friend with a cheap flat and a brand new job in publishing. She's ready for a fresh start.
Berit☀️✨
Rosie Curtis has written a sweet slow burn romance with a dash of holiday cheer. I loved this book! I loved every minute I spent with Jess and Alex as they slowly oh so slowly discovered that they were meant to be. I read a lot of books by UK authors and generally in their romances, just like in their thrillers, their approach is usually more of a slow build up. For me this works so well, I really like getting to know the characters, really getting a sense of place, completely immersing myself ...more
Nina
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019, arc
*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

We Met in December was such a boring book and unfortunately, the story really dragged on. Based on the synopsis, you'd think this book would mainly revolve around the lives of the two main characters Jess and Alex but instead it very heavily includes the lives of so many of the secondary characters which just didn't interest me at all.

I also wasn't a big fan of Rosie Curtis' writing. Firstly, there were a lot of
Bookread2day
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
www.bookread2day.wordpress.com

I stayed up way past my sleep hours, just glued to reading, We Met in December. As I was born Christmas time, Christmas novels is something I always look forward to every year.

If you like reading romantic stories like I do, then you will love this festive romantic novel.

Jess was a special character to me, that I wanted her to fall in love and be happy again. Her ex boyfriend dumped her for another woman.

Jess is making a new life for herself moving to Notting Hil,
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
I think I only picked this book up because the cover illustration was so similar to One Day in December by Josie Silver(A book I loved!).
Sadly , I didn't enjoy this one as much. It was ok. Sweet but forgettable.
Stacee
I loved the premise of this and I’m a sucker for a good holiday book, so I was all in on this one. Even with the low ratings.

Jess and Alex were okay? They were both similar and fairly lackluster. There was a POV switch, but both of their inner monologues sounded exactly the same. Annnd at one point I read more than half of a chapter thinking it was Jess when it was actually Alex. There were several secondary characters, yet they were all flat and we didn’t get to know too much about any of
Hannah
If you're an avid romance reader like I am, or generally just pay attention to what other people are reading and enjoying, you've probably already picked up on what I'm going to talking about, and the reason I can't rate this book any higher. Because how can you judge a book for its own merits when it's blatantly resting on the laurels of another, more popular and successful novel?

I knew last year after the success of One day in December by Josie silver we'd see a rise in books based on the "one
julia ♥
I had high hopes for this book, since the premise says it's reminiscent of One Day in December . We Met in December was a cute, albeit a little bit of a shallow read. Whereas I absolutely adored One Day in December, and it even had me blink away some tears, this one fell kind of flat for me.

As someone who loves London, the descriptions and details of the city in this book were fun to read about. But the amount of side-characters within the plot was a little too much and did little for the main
Leigh
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Twenty-nine-year-old Jess is following her dream and moving to London. It’s December, and she’s taking a room in a crumbling, but grand, Notting Hill house-share with four virtual strangers. On her first night, Jess meets Alex, the guy sharing her floor, at a Christmas dinner hosted by her landlord. They don’t kiss, but as far as Jess is concerned the connection is clear. She starts planning how they will knock down the wall between them to spend more time together.

But when Jess returns from a
Kendall
I am HERE for this cover! I was thrilled to get my hands on this book.... and had a similar vibe to One Day in December <3.

We Met in December is a cute and slow burn of a romance. I wouldn't categorize this romance as steamy per say which some may appreciate :). I was hoping for a little bit more of sparks between the two main characters and felt the story was a tad slow for my liking.

I think this is the perfect fluffy read to take a break from those darker reads. What I really loved about
Rowena
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-review-pile
3.5 out of 5

This book had a lot of promise and while I enjoyed it, a lot of the book moved really slow and I wasn't a big fan of that. A lot of missed opportunities because the main characters didn't open their mouths and communicate. It would have been okay if the story felt like it was moving but it was so slow that I wanted to kick both Alex and Jess in the shins to get a move on already. Still, I enjoyed the book as a whole.

Storme
Thank you NetGalley and Avon Books UK for the ARC. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Jess and Alex have a fair amount of parallels in their lives. Both are dealing with the loss of loved ones, career changes, and living in London. It’s a new start for each. Both are determined to lead their own lives and avoid relationships since they both had prior ones end poorly. So they resolve to be friends. They are also living in a shared house with a no couples rule... of course they aren’t going to
Melanie
I think the comparison to One Day in December is going to tempt a lot of people to read this, but will leave them disappointed. The only comparison is a couple that first discover each other in December and share a love of pineapple on pizza. The story lacks in comparison to it’s predecessor, with not an awful lot happening throughout and I didn’t feel I got to know the protagonists much at all, so wasn’t particularly rooting for them. It was nice enough as far as festive romances go, and the ...more
Kate Vocke (bookapotamus)
Do plan on reading any holiday books this season? I do, but I decided to start with this one which is more “seasonal” than holiday… but still just as fun!

This one actually spans an entire year – starting in December and ends the following year in, yep, you guessed it, December!

It’s your classic – right place, wrong time romance, and – will they or won’t they storyline. And I thought it was adorable!

When Jess starts crushing on her London flatmate, she’s sure Alex is the man of her dreams. But
Tracey
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
This is a fluffy, Christmas love story which is also a love letter to the city of London. A group of young professionals share a house in trendy Notting Hill. They juggle relationships and careers while struggling to afford living in the city. The story is told from two points of view - Jess and Alex - who fall for each other over the course of a year.

Many tourist spots are featured prominently in the story. If you've ever visited London, or dreamed of living there, this is a good read for you.
Karen Whittard
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone is going to fall over backwards to read this book. Because they will absolutely fall in love with the romance, Christmas spirit and joy that everyone longs for at the festive season and man will they get it in golds in this book and everyone will absolutely love it. I know I did.
Jodie
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jess is a 29 year old embarking on a change in career and location. She moves to London, a place she’s always wanted to live, to begin a job in the publishing field. She leases a room at a bargain rate from a friend in a Notting Hill home which she will share with four others. The only house rule, however, is that there is to be no couples formed between the housemates. One of her housemates, Alex, has also made some recent changes in his life having just broken up with his fiancee when he ...more
Joanna Bennett
Sep 19, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had every intention of reading this book from the moment my requestwas approved for it. I am glad I took my time diving in and letting the hype I had for it die down because honestly, it wasn’t what I was expecting it to be.

This book starts out with h er meeting her new roommates and then the following chapter is about her trip away and hanging with friends. Once she comes back, she stumbles upon her roommates, Alex and Emma, having a “fling”. Of course, this is sort of mentioned in the
Hristina
I'm not sure what to say about this book. It was okay.
I guess what bothered me was how it was paced. This one was a very slow burn, and in books like these, where it's evident what the ending is going to be I prefer a heavy plot and a fast pace. I did like the way the characters were developed, as well as the writing style, it was decent. I really enjoyed the setting and how it was described.
It's a solid book. It just didn't wow me.

*Copy received through Edelweiss
*Rating: 3/5 stars
Amanda in Ozerland
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m up to my eyeballs in fall decor trying to get my house decorated but I couldn’t resist reading another fluffy book set in winter. This follows Jess as she moves into a house in Notting Hill owned by a friend, along with several other people all renting out rooms in the house. Jess is starting a new job and a new life in London. One of her house mates, Alex is also starting a new life and a whole new career change. Their story is told between the points of view of view of Alex and Jess as ...more
romancejunkie
We Met in December was a sweet read, but the romance was slow the in entire book only to be rushed in the end. And the problems with the other girl he was having a no strings attached relationship with for a while took a long time to resolve. But overall their moments together were cute and it was an easy read.
I received an free arc copy of this book from the publisher in exchange of an honest review, all opinions here are my own.
Priya Shrinath
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full review at https://wp.me/pajm6f-uy

We Met in December is the love story of Alex and Jess and it is set in London.

Alex is a trainee nurse who had left his successful career as a big shot lawyer and a recent breakup with his ex-fiance, he's now living in the flatshare of his ex-colleague Becky. Coincidentally, Becky is friends with Jess who invites Jess to live with her in London to pursue her passion for living independently doing a publishing job.

So when Alex and Jess meet in the gorgeous
Jeeves Reads Romance
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
So... that was painful to read. I hate to be a downer because there are some cute moments in the book, but our “couple” is actually just a pair of roommates who SLEEP WITH OTHER PEOPLE for nearly the entire book - literally in the room next door to each other. I get that the premise of the book is that Jess has to watch Alex with another woman while she has unrequited feelings for him, but that’s not really what happened here. Alex went through a tough breakup and isn’t ready to start something ...more
Sydni
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Alright!
The premise of this book sounded incredibly cute and I was excited to start it but unfortunately it let me down. Jess and Alex meet one night and have an instant connection but! they are also new roommates and there’s also more people involved so of course: drama.

The pacing of this book was just weird to me. I felt like I was waiting to anything to happen the entire time.

Overall I just think it was pretty boring. I felt nothing towards the characters and started skimming the pages
Chris Markley
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A story of living life and taking chances to find true happiness. When Jess leaves her comfortable job in her home town to take a dream job in London she moves into a house her college friend, Becky, has inherited, The house has a strict no couples rule which Jess is fine with until she meets Alex. Alex is making major changes in his life too, changing careers and ending it with a fiance. A friendship forms as Alex and Jess explore London and life together. But roads are bumpy and the year in ...more
Mikaela (Booklover1974)
When I started reading the book I was under the impression it was a romantic Christmas read, but it's not. The story is about the whole year and nothing about Christmas. It's not a bad thing but maybe the cover should be something else then?

The writing was fine and there were some character development but I couldn't really muster any energy for it. It felt dull and uninspiring and that the story never got to the point.
This is probably a case of it's me, not the book...

Thanks to Edelweiss and
Alison
Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for this book but it felt like a mish-mash of ideas from various books and films with a plot that only had one premise.

Jess moves to London from her home in Bournemouth after finding her boyfriend is cheating on her with a woman at work. She joins an improbable flatshare in Notting Hill where Becky, a college friend, has inherited a house from her grandparents and rather than sell it for millions she decides to rent rooms to a group of random friends and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »