Start by marking “We Met in December” as Want to Read:
We Met in December

We Met in December

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  8,184 ratings  ·  1,170 reviews
Following a year in the life of a twenty-something British woman who falls hard for her London flat mate, this clever, fun, and unforgettable romantic comedy is the perfect feel-good holiday read.

Two people. One house. A year that changes everything.

Twenty-nine-year-old Jess is following her dream and moving to London. Its December, and shes taking a room in a crumbling,
Published November 5th 2019 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about We Met in December, please sign up.
Konnie Just finished this book and I don't believe they are similar. I liked this book more than One Day in December, which was more of a letdown to me. I…moreJust finished this book and I don't believe they are similar. I liked this book more than One Day in December, which was more of a letdown to me. I didn't like the hero in One Day in December; whereas, I think the hero in this book was more likable.(less)

·  8,184 ratings  ·  1,170 reviews

Start your review of We Met in December
Irena BookDustMagic
Every time I start a new book I hope it will take me on an adventure that will stay with me long after I finish that last page.
Books that usually do stay are the ones that shake my emotions and have scenes that I remember long time after.
This is why I tend to read womens fiction and romance so often. There is something about finding a character we, as readers, can emphatize with and root for her/his happy ending.

We Met in December is one of those books that will stay with me, maybe forever.

It
demi. ♡
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss-arc
❥ 2.5 / 5 stars

[ e-ARC received from Edelweiss+ ]

Well, this is really hard for me to rate this one since I feel nothing (absolutely nothing) while reading it. The story of this book is quite repetitive and predictable already (thats not a problem) but the writing style makes it even more boring and thats why I have to take more time than usual to finish it. (thisss is a real problem)

Besides that, the two protagonists which are Jess and Alex aint interesting that much in my opinion. I dont even
Debra
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Twenty-nine-year-old Jess has moved to London in December to live in a crumbling home in Notting Hill to share with a couple of strangers. The rent is cheap, and her roommates seem nice. The first night there, they have a party and Jess instantly feels connected to Alex, a male nurse sharing her floor. She feels an instant connection but after coming back from a trip with friends finds Emma, their beautiful roommate coming out of Alex's bedroom. It is obvious that they have something going on ...more
BernLuvsBooks
3.5 Slow Burn British Romance Stars

Twenty-nine-year-old Jess follows her dream and moves to London. She rents a room in a Notting Hill house-share with a college friend and three virtual strangers. On her first night, Jess meets Alex, the man sharing her floor and feels an instant connection. Unfortunately, when Jess returns from a two-week holiday, she finds Alex has started dating Emma, their housemate.

Jess and Alex become friends, walking all over London together. Their excursions were one
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Sort of meh? I wasn't the hugest fan of the pacing or the characters in this one, but I also didn't hate it so make of that what you will lmao
Amy Imogene Reads

Not quite a Christmas romance, We Met in December was a confusing and ultimately average reading experience. Which is so sad, because I was HERE for this cover and concept.

Writing: ★★★ 1/2
Romance:
Pacing: ★★

Urgh. I'm not looking forward to explaining this one.

Jess is a late 20-something girl who arrives in London with a renewed sense of purpose following a few dramatic life changes. She's got a friend with a cheap flat and a brand new job in publishing. She's ready for a fresh start.
Larry H
Rosie Curtis' We Met in December was a cute rom-com that almost felt like a Hallmark movie (in a good way).

"The trouble with me is I've always been a daydreamer. Always been a sucker for a romantic film, always loved a book with a good old-fashioned happy ever after ending."

Jess is embarking on a new adventure in her life. Shes moved away from her hometown to London, leaving her beloved grandmother and her melodramatic mother, to pursue a dream job in publishing and live in a group house in
Jessica
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 24-ebooks
I feel a bit catfished tbh. This was neither very winter-y nor Christmas-y and neither was it much of a romance. Overall nice enough, I guess, but I didnt care for any of the side plots and the couple had zero chemistry.

Damn, I sound grumpy 😂
Mandy White
We Met In December is a lovely, light read - for me anyway compared to the murder and death that I usually read about! I was invited to listen to the audio book for this by Avon Books UK and this will be my very first blog tour - yay me!!

This book was fun and very easy to listen to. I finished it in a day and half and it left me with a smile on my face. At this time of year I love to watch rom-com Christmas movies like Love Actually and this year Last Christmas and it reminded me a lot of these
Berit☀️✨
Rosie Curtis has written a sweet slow burn romance with a dash of holiday cheer. I loved this book! I loved every minute I spent with Jess and Alex as they slowly oh so slowly discovered that they were meant to be. I read a lot of books by UK authors and generally in their romances, just like in their thrillers, their approach is usually more of a slow build up. For me this works so well, I really like getting to know the characters, really getting a sense of place, completely immersing myself ...more
Nina
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019, arc
*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

We Met in December was such a boring book and unfortunately, the story really dragged on. Based on the synopsis, you'd think this book would mainly revolve around the lives of the two main characters Jess and Alex but instead it very heavily includes the lives of so many of the secondary characters which just didn't interest me at all.

I also wasn't a big fan of Rosie Curtis' writing. Firstly, there were a lot of
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Okay, now its time to talk about my favorite holiday read this year. I saw a bunch of complaints that this wasnt a Christmas book and people thought it was supposed to be a Christmas book and why wasnt it a Christmas book?!?!?! To that I say . . . . .

Thats like saying Bridget Jones isnt a Christmas story . . . .

While it may run the course of all twelve calendar months, rest assured that We Met In December is 100% a Christmas
Melanie  Brinkman
Two people. One year. Where will they be at the end of it?

December's finally the time for twenty-nine year old Jess to pursue her dreams. Moving to Nottingham Hill, she'll share a house with four strangers. On the first evening she's there, she meets Alex, the guy sharing her floor, at a Christmas party. Nothing really happens between them, but Jess is sure it won't be long before they'll share more than just a house.

But when Jess returns from a fun filled vacation, she finds that Alex doesn't
Britany
Dec 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audiobook, 2019
well this was a flop.

I'm looking for light, quick reads with a holiday slant as I finish up the year and attempt to hit my goal. I picked this one up as it looked like it would fit the bill. It feel wildly short of that expectation and I would even venture to say this is one to skip.

Jess moves into her friend Becky's flat that she's renting out to a group of people to make the rent cheaper for everything, her first rule is "No Couples". Alex, the hot guy roomie makes this a problem for Jess but
Aga Durka
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 .5 ⭐⭐⭐💫/5, rounded up to 4 ⭐s ...more
Bookread2day
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
www.bookread2day.wordpress.com

I stayed up way past my sleep hours, just glued to reading, We Met in December. As I was born Christmas time, Christmas novels is something I always look forward to every year.

If you like reading romantic stories like I do, then you will love this festive romantic novel.

Jess was a special character to me, that I wanted her to fall in love and be happy again. Her ex boyfriend dumped her for another woman.

Jess is making a new life for herself moving to Notting Hil,
Katie B

The two main characters in this book are pretty likable people. However, I just could not buy into the romance. I needed something more. Maybe angst. Pining away for each other. More conflict. Something to liven the story up because it was dull.

Jess is close to 30 years old and has just moved to London. She'll be staying in a Notting Hill home at a fraction of what it would normally cost to rent. One of her four roommates is Alex, a man who has given up a career in law to study to
Sentranced Jem
I think I only picked this book up because the cover illustration was so similar to One Day in December by Josie Silver(A book I loved!).
Sadly , I didn't enjoy this one as much. It was ok. Sweet but forgettable.
Jessica Jeffers
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This book is the very definition of why "show, don't tell" is the most important rule in storytelling. Most of the plot movement happens off the page and is only revealed by main characters telling secondary characters, until nearly 3/4 of the way through. The ending was kind of cute but it didn't really feel earned to me.
Lana (Bibliomedico)
For More bookish related content , visit my blog :

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a copy to review
*********************
Personally, I was really excited to read this book, the blurb sounds quite interesting ...
But,
When I started reading , I didn't connect with it from the first chapter, but I kept going , waiting for,

1. The plot to finally become more exciting,
2. The Characters to be at least tolerable, or even human ....
Latanya (Crafty Scribbles)
Do not believe the cover. There's little romance and not much of a Christmas draw here. What exists is a mediocre story with so much potential, I shrugged through most of it.

2/5
Stacee
I loved the premise of this and Im a sucker for a good holiday book, so I was all in on this one. Even with the low ratings.

Jess and Alex were okay? They were both similar and fairly lackluster. There was a POV switch, but both of their inner monologues sounded exactly the same. Annnd at one point I read more than half of a chapter thinking it was Jess when it was actually Alex. There were several secondary characters, yet they were all flat and we didnt get to know too much about any of them.
Lorilin
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, buddy-read
Jess and Alex share a flat in London with three other roommates. When Jess first meets Alex, shes immediately smittenand she thinks Alex feels something to. But when she comes back from a holiday vacation with her friends, she hears that Alex has been secretly hooking up with their gorgeous flatmate, Emma, for weeks. Jess has no choice but to hide her feelings and move on. But as she and Alex spend more and more time exploring the city together, it becomes clear that ignoring her feelings is ...more
Jenny (Reading Envy)
Two twenty somethings move into a shared house in an area of London they would never be able to afford otherwise and develop a friendship on long walks through the city. Definitely a holiday read for fans of friends to lovers romance!

I guess this came out earlier in the fall but it seemed better for the first day of December. I had a copy from the publisher.
Hannah
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
3 Stars - Good book

I have a lot of conflicting feelings about this book that I feel are more down to who I am as a person than the book itself.

Let me start by saying that I did enjoy this book. Its a cutesy romance and ends in a predictable way and theres nothing wrong with that.

My struggle(s) are the main characters - Alex and Jess. They are simultaneously too good and too stupid for their own good. I get the house rule of no relationships; yes, that is going to complicate things. However, be
Nursebookie
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-ebook
WE MET IN DECEMBER by Rosie Curtis

I enjoyed this read very much for a sweet everyday type of a romance, nothing explosive or titillating in every sense of the word.

Yes, it did take some time to develop as it spanned an entire year; but a quick read nonetheless of this slow burn romance. This is also not necessarily a Christmas read at all, which was actually great. I enjoyed that the setting was in London - Nottinghill, and I enjoyed reminiscing back walking along the city through this book -
Zoe
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, heartwarming, and romantic!
Kendall
I am HERE for this cover! I was thrilled to get my hands on this book.... and had a similar vibe to One Day in December <3.

We Met in December is a cute and slow burn of a romance. I wouldn't categorize this romance as steamy per say which some may appreciate :). I was hoping for a little bit more of sparks between the two main characters and felt the story was a tad slow for my liking.

I think this is the perfect fluffy read to take a break from those darker reads. What I really loved about
M.  [storme reads a lot]
Thank you NetGalley and Avon Books UK for the ARC. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Jess and Alex have a fair amount of parallels in their lives. Both are dealing with the loss of loved ones, career changes, and living in London. Its a new start for each. Both are determined to lead their own lives and avoid relationships since they both had prior ones end poorly. So they resolve to be friends. They are also living in a shared house with a no couples rule... of course they arent going to
julia ♥
I had high hopes for this book, since the premise says it's reminiscent of One Day in December . We Met in December was a cute, albeit a little bit of a shallow read. Whereas I absolutely adored One Day in December, and it even had me blink away some tears, this one fell kind of flat for me.

As someone who loves London, the descriptions and details of the city in this book were fun to read about. But the amount of side-characters within the plot was a little too much and did little for the main

• The Christmas Wish List
  • Would Like to Meet
  • The Family
  • The Liar's Sister
  • Violet
  • The Two Lives of Lydia Bird
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
  • The Garden on Sparrow Street