Start by marking “The Killer Inside” as Want to Read:
The Killer Inside

The Killer Inside

You love me. But do you really know me?

The addictive, darkly compelling new psychological thriller from the bestselling author of In a Cottage in a Wood.

A perfect childhood
You were the golden girl. The apple of your parents’ eyes. My beautiful, clever wife.

A perfect marriage
I would do anything for you. But some things about me must stay hidden.

A perfect liar
One summer af
Expected publication: October 29th 2019 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Killer Inside, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Louise Wilson
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story follows Elliot and Anya who are happily married and madly in love. They come from different backgrounds. Anya is a privileged only child of Robert and Juila. Elliot was a bad boy who turned good. He was brought up on a council estate by bis mother. Both Elliot and Anya have secrets. They don't know each other as much as they think they do. There's also Irene, a mother who is struggling to understand why her two sons have disappeared.

The narrative moves between 2003, 2018, 2019 and 202
Mandy White
The Killer Inside was a very confusing book - for the first 50%. I was not sure if I would keep going as I had no idea what was happening and how the characters tied together. Once I hit 50% the story drastically changed and the pieces finally fell into place. I really enjoyed the shock of the second half of this book, it moved at a very quick pace and I read it in one sitting.

The story is told from multiple points of view and as I said before for a while I had no idea why we were hearing from
Mark
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it

This is a very easy to read psychological thriller that ticks all those boxes for those of us who love these books but is unpredictable enough to ‘keep you on your toes’
The book alternates between the present and past and focuses on the lead Anastazia ( Anya for short ) who is the sweetest, prettiest most charming evil psychopath ever and the repercussions of what she has and what she continues to do, much to the utter horror of her lovely hubby ( who guess what? has a secret too )
Great charact
Stina
★★★ 3.5 stars

How well do you know your loved ones and how far would you go to protect them?

A dark psychological thriller, THE KILLER INSIDE explores this very concept when Elliott, a primary school teacher, discovers his wife Anya may not be the woman he thought she was. Happily married, both are from vastly different backgrounds. Elliott was raised by his mother on a London council estate with his father in prison while Anya was the privileged - and maybe somewhat entitled - only child of Patri
peggy
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How well do you know your loved ones and how far would you go to protect them?
A slow starter but I am glad I stuck with it. Twisted and in places a dark read and soon turned into a real page turner. I read this book in one sitting, plenty of heart in your mouth moments. This author has done it again and almost five stars and highly recommended.
I would like to thank the author, HarperCollins UK and Netgalley for the ARC in return for giving an honest review.
Keriann Davey
Thank you to Netgally and the publisher for sending me an ARC of this book.

This is my second Cass Green book and won't be my last.

In this thrilling story we follow multiple points of views:

Elliot: Happily married to a woman called Anya, during the summer he gets his hands on some sought after festival tickets where their favourite band Foo Fighters are playing, both Elliot and Anya are excited to be going, however something occurs at the festival that causes Anya to act strange and her behaviour
Mike Sumner
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My thanks to Harper Collins and NetGalley for my ARC of The Killer Inside by Cass Green. I had previously read her thriller The Woman Next Door so had high expectations and...

Outstanding! What a psychological thriller this is. Two parallel story lines with no apparent connection. Elliott is married to Anya, a seemingly happy couple but both with dark secrets. Irene, a lonely lady - her husband is dead, son Liam disappeared in 2003 and now it appears that her other son Michael has committed suici
Annette
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very dark psychological thriller which I loved. Anya and Elliot are happily married, they are both from totally different backgrounds but are in love so that's enough. Anya's parents adore Elliot but he still feels left out when Anya always runs back to them when she encounters problems and they always sort it out for her but some of the problems just can't be sorted. Elliot also has his fair share of worry and anxiety when he makes an enemy of one of the dads at the school where he teaches. T ...more
Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I was intrigued immediately when I read the blurb for this book and I couldn’t wait to read it. I was not disappointed! The opening chapter of the story is so chilling that it still gives me goosebumps when I think about it. I also have to mention the cover art of the book which is so striking. It throws off an ominous vibe, which sets the tone of the book perfectly.

Cass has created a dark psychological thriller with a believable plot. Set over the time periods of 2003, 2018, 2019 and 2021, the
Justine Sharp
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
this was my first Cass Green book but won't be my last. At first the characters were confusing but this soon went. The book is a great read and I'd recommend highly. Complex characters and manipulation are a great combination
Marion
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On the face of it Elliot, a primary school teacher , his wife Anya, well paid job in London are a happily married couple.
Though from different backgrounds they are in love, but is that enough?
Elliot has always been a little in awe of Anya and her parents, she runs to them whenever she has a problem that needs sorting, leaving Elliot feeling left out.
When her current problem is finally exposed he will be wishing he was left out.
This is a dark psychological thriller, where the tension builds slowl
Annette
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read a Cass Green’s previous novels so was really excited to receive this review copy of her new book via Net Galley.
This author always writes dark psychological thrillers and The Killer Inside is no exception. It sent chills down my spine and really made me wonder how well you can ever know another person.
As in Cass’s other books secrets are a big theme of the story and in this case there are several secrets in the heart of young married couple, Anya and the first person narrator, Elliot.
A
Tea Leaves and Reads
The best part of having more time to review lately is discovering authors that I haven't read before and knowing that this isn't their first novel! My book wishlist is growing considerably. Cass Green is no exception and she is firmly up there joinining my favourite psychological thriller writers. I've added to the list a lot in the past week and have read some fantastic novels.

When I started to read this I found myself frustrated at not knowing how the stories tied together. We meet Anya and El
Mary
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a totally gripping read which I raced through; it’s the pretty addictive story of happily married couple Elliot and Anya. The couple come from very different backgrounds and Elliot constantly feels that he is not good enough for the more privileged Anya who is adored by her parents. Elliot’s upbringing was tough and he has some secrets he would really prefer stayed hidden. In his eyes and those of her parents’ Anya is perfect and can do no wrong. If you are beginning to smell a rat, you ...more
Sheri
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cass Green has become a must-read author over the course of a few books, so I was very happy to get my hands on an advance copy of her latest.

Elliott and Anya are happily married, despite coming from very different backgrounds. Anya is the privileged only child of adoring parents; Elliott’s start in life was rather less auspicious but he’s made good, qualifying as a teacher and marrying the woman of his dreams. Now all they need is a baby to make things entirely perfect.

But both Elliott and Anya
Samm
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’ve never been so confused before leaving a review but The Killer Inside has left me messed up!

I’ll start by saying the first 50% is terrible, I was bored and left wondering if the publisher had put the wrong synopsis up for this story. The first part of a book is supposed to draw you in, it’s supposed to excite you and keep you reading. A lot of readers will struggle to get past this section since it really does drag on with absolutely nothing of interest happening.

BUT....

Those readers that c
Gianna
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it

How well do you know the person you've vowed to spend the rest of your life with?

Elliott has been working as a teacher for years. But whatever he does, he can never be the successful person that his wife, Anya, is. To be honest, he can't understand how this woman chose him. Which is why she can never know his secrets. Not if he's going to keep her forever.

The Killer Inside is a fast-paced, attenti
Gillian Nolan
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Killer Inside by Cass Green
Thanks @netgalley @harpercollinsuk
Publication date 5th September
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I was so excited to receive this ARC as I’m a big fan of Cass Green, particularly ‘In a Cottage in a Wood’ which is one of my favourite books. This book is just as good and exceeded all my expectations.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The story follows newlyweds Elliot and Anya who are happily in love, despite being from very different backgrounds. We soon di
Sharon
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Another enjoyable, gripping read from this author.

I really liked this book, despite it being a tad confusing at times. It’s a tale of relationships, family and trust, with some unexplained disappearance and much tension and feeling of foreboding throughout.
The storyline follows a number of characters, not all of whom become clear for a while, but, stick with it as the threads come together to a satisfying conclusion.

I was definitely kept sufficiently intrigued to keep reading and I never got too
marlin1
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, netgalley
Elliot believes he has a good marriage to Anya, until one day at a music festival it all changes. He had something to hide but he never imagined that Anya did as well.
Then there is Irene, with one son who disappeared many years ago, she is devastated when her second suddenly disappears too.

Told from the perspectives of Elliot and Irene, the first half half of the novel didn’t seem to have a purpose. Even though the story flowed well, I was trying to work out how it all tied in. This changed in t
Nicole
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This thriller started off pretty well but as it went on I became more and more bored.

At the start I was really engrossed in the story and I was invested in trying to guess how the characters on the different timelines related to each other but quite quickly it became obvious that there wasn't much to guess.

I pretty much saw the ending coming, I feel like it was laid out way to easily for the reader. I was expecting a big twist at the end but there wasn't one which was a shame.

I also thought the
Sue K
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoy Cass Green's books and this latest one didn't disappoint. She keeps me turning the pages and the plot is suitably intricate.

The only problem I had was I didn't find there were any real surprises. But that is maybe how the book is plotted more about the mind and how we are judged by our families rather than an outright psychological thriller.
Having said that I engaged with Elliott and felt his shame over his past but that he was trying hard to put everything behind him and was a genuinely
Renny Barcelos
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A slowly and carefully built suspense that reminded me of Ruth Rendell (who will forever be the queen os suspense for me).
Cass Green has a unique style; the stories are presented step by step, in a way that you keep waiting to see what will spook you. And then everything connects and all you thought you knew is not really what it seemed.
The pace is steady, the characters are greatly built, the dialogue is impeccable, and there are lots of twists. Another excellent read by this author.

I'd like to
Fiona Mccormick
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a brilliant read! I really enjoy Cass Green as an author, I love the twisted domestic noir scenario where everyone has their secrets. Quite a quick read, or maybe it's just because I couldn't put it down!
Some absolutely horrible characters and some parts of the story are really sad. My heart broke for Irene, I really felt for her with all her family traumas. I wouldn't call this a thriller as such, more a study in family relationships with some dark twisted goings on. I really enjoyed t
Curious Reader
Sep 17, 2019 rated it liked it
The book is a very slow starter. The mystery was suspenseful enough. But I hate when two or more stories are combined. Sorry but I’m not too bright and things gets confusing.
But the book was not bad. Definitely a one time read.

Note: I received a free e-copy of the book via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. Special thanks to the author and publisher for giving me a chance to read it.
Natalie Rampling
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Thanks #netgalley! Mixed feelings about this one. Spent a long time (over half) not completely gripped by it, and very confused about the characters and relationship to one another.
When it became apparent how they were connected, I still was not completely taken in by the story, although some scenes were very good. The ending was enjoyable and I would have given this a much higher rating had it started better.
Mandymoo
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Elliot and Anya are happily married and deeply in love, opposites really do attract, Elliot was a bit of a bad lad from a council estate, and Anya lived a sheltered childhood wanting for nothing, but how much do they really know each other?

Mystery, secrets and lies.

A story that spans many years and at times became a little confusing, but over all an intriguing and thrilling read.
Colette Lamberth
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This seemed to take a while to get going but the wait was definitely worth it. Anya and Elliot are one of those annoying couples who seem to have the perfect life, but do they really? I was expecting twists and was watching out for them but I was wrong footed more than once and let’s be honest who doesn’t love it when an author catches you out like that.
Pam Chantrell
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very creepy. There is a mum with two missing sons, a husband and wife with secrets from each other and a whole host of other suspicious characters. While I thought I'd guessed the ending close to the fairly slow start to this book I hadn't actually guessed all of the subtle twists and turns. The story was still unfolding almost to the end. A recommended read.
Karen's World
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this as again a bit different to the usual crime and grit. Unexpected result at the end which surprised me but after thinking about it that was a very good, sudden end as it shocked but also finished off the story brilliantly.
Cass Green is the pseudonym of Caroline Green, an award-winning author of fiction for young people. Her first novel, Dark Ride won the Rona Young Adult Book of the Year and the Waverton Good Read Award. Cracks and Hold Your Breath garnered rave reviews and were shortlisted for eleven awards between them. She is the Writer in Residence at East Barnet School and teaches Writing for Children at City ...more