Start by marking “Hometown Troublemaker (Havenbrook, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hometown Troublemaker (Havenbrook, #2)

Hometown Troublemaker

(Havenbrook #2)

Aurora "Rory" Haven's life is in shambles. Her ex-husband's living with the woman he cheated with, her oldest daughter blames her for the divorce, and she's broke. To make ends meet, she partners with the too-young, way too hot local contractor she has absolutely no business fantasizing about.

Nash King is working overtime so he can take over the family business. He doesn't
Published March 14th 2019 by Bright Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Hometown Troublemaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hometown Troublemaker

Start your review of Hometown Troublemaker (Havenbrook, #2)
Timitra
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rated 4.5 Stars

Hometown Troublemaker is the perfect blend of emotional rollercoaster, forbidden/taboo, sweet, sexy and dirty small town romance. I loved it; the characters, the setting, the banter, the sex scenes, the family dynamics, the dynamics between the main characters, Rory and Nash, the sisterly bonds all of it just worked for me. I think what I loved the most about this book was the way the author rendered the characters, they were so true to life. I was all in from the very beginning
Trinity
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2019
Its 4 am & Im writing this review, so that should give you an indication of how, once I let myself get lost in the world of Havenbrook, I was sucked in & legit could not put the iPad down for anything.

Maybe it spoke to me because I identify so closely with Rory. I dont think thats it though. I think I fell in love with this book & these characters because Ive ALWAYS adored Brightons writing.

Loved this book, always love Brightons writing, & especially loved the sweet but dirty
Cassie
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah! This story was perfection. I am swooning so hard over Rory and Nashs relationship. I loved their banter and their chemistry was so steamy. Just thinking about Rorys fierceness and Nashs foul mouth makes me want to fall in love with their relationship all over again!
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
COMPLETE AND UTTER PERFECTION. I LOVED THIS BOOK SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!

Brighton Walsh's Hometown Troublemaker reads like the best romantic movie you've never seen, except a movie adaptation would probably ruin the absolute perfection of the novel itself. But that's how I felt while reading it: like I could see it playing out in front of me, every character and every emotion so vivid and vibrant and alive.

I shouldn't have enjoyed this book as much as I did. I shouldn't have loved it because I don't
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: March 14, 2019
Genre: Small town, southern, contemporary romance
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Hometown Troublemaker is the second book I have read by Brighton Walsh and I am now officially hooked to her writing! Not only are the covers gorgeous (the covers are what drew me to her books in the first place) but the stories within the covers are just as fabulous. Hometown Troublemaker is a dream come true. I am a small town, southern romance lover through and through and this book gave
nick
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it

Woo! I was so happy to dive into a new Brighton Walsh book. She is one of my all-time favorite authors and every book of hers has just been a complete delight. Hometown Troublemaker was no different and I pretty much inhaled this book!

I don't think I've read many books with an age gap where the heroine is the older party, but I am 100% here for this trope. Prim and proper Rory is dealing with being a single mother after her dipshit of an ex-husband cheated on her. She is trying to rebuild her
Stacee
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Ive been a huge fan of Brightons words from the beginning and Ill pretty much read anything she puts out since I know Ill be getting fantastic banter and a HEA.

I really liked Rory and Nash. They seem so different, but theyre quite similar. Their chemistry was off the charts and I absolutely loved the button pushing. Rorys daughters were adorable and it was fun seeing all of the sisters again.

Plot wise it was a good stretch of time. There are a few moving pieces here, yet nothing felt like it
sofia ☾
Mar 18, 2019 marked it as dnf
dnf @ 15%

i might get back to it in the future but i just ain't feeling it right now
Holly
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*eARC kindly provided by the author*

HOT DAMN! It feels like Ive been waiting forever for a new book from her even though Second Chance Charmer was out last year, so I was stoked when she dropped it in my inbox like SURPRISE. Im a lucky reader. *heart eyes* Anyway, Brightons always been a favorite of mine, but this one hit it out-of-the-park!

I honestly cannot remember how I felt about Rory in book one, when it was a younger Haven front and center. All I could remember was that she was a bit of a
Cézanne Hayden-Dilbert
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

It is no secret that I love Brighton Walshs stories, but Hometown Troublemaker is easily one of my favorite new reads. There was just something about these two perfectly imperfect characters that made them fit so well together. Once again Brighton Walsh, crafted a deliciously sexy, sweet, and honest romance that was easy to get wrapped up into. Rory and Nash were just fun and real. I enjoyed watching the relationship that developed between these two characters.

When we first met Rory in
Teresa Mary Rose
Seriously guys.... Brighton Walsh writes some of the best romance out there. She has yet to disappoint and Hometown Troublemaker was no exception. Her books are always filled with so much heart and feature such great characters.

Personally my favorite thing about Brighton books are the heroines... because the heroine is always dynamic and strong and flawed and never ever loses herself in the hero. She finds her happiness and a guy she deserves but she is never swallowed whole by the hero and
Isha Coleman
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
What's a person to do when happily ever after turns out to be a dud? In the case of Rory Haven, give people something to talk about. Hometown Troublemaker is proof that the best of intentions, can have surprising results. Brighton Walsh turns heartache into a new beginning with a little laughter and a ton of heart.
Kait Nolan
Y'all, I love, love LOVE this series set in small-town Mississippi. It's hot (seriously hawt), sweet, funny, and it gets two thumbs up and a Magnolia Seal of Approval from this real Mississippi girl. Hometown Troublemaker features a divorced, mom of two, who gets the delightful lesson that perfect is not all it's cracked up to be. The hero, Nash, runs a construction company and it's so incredibly fantastic seeing him...well, see the real her. After a lifetime of pleasing other people instead of ...more
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this take on the best friends' older sibling romance! No, it's not the best friend's hot older brother - it's her older sister! Nash has lusted over his best friend's older sister, Rory, for years. He doesn't care about the 8 year age difference and he tries to keep everything professional between them. He has no idea that the normally prim and proper Rory is lusting after him, but struggling with what everyone will think of her. She has always put everyone before her, even after her ...more
Jordan
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rory Haven is facing life in Havenbrook as newly divorced. Raising her two daughters, and trying to make a new life for herself and her girls, all on her own. Her time is spent fixing up her home. Working for her daddy at town hall, at a job she hates. And splitting her time with her girls, with her cheating ex. Rory doesn't have the time or energy for the whispers and gossip, that passes through the lips of everyone in her small town.

And she definitely doesn't have time for the irritating and
Michelle
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love and trouble are so much fun!

Brighton Walsh's Hometown Troublemaker is a sexy, funny, panty-melting romance! The second in the Havenbrook series, the charm and irritation of life in a small town and it's nosy but caring characters have been brought to life in a very believable way. Rory and Nash light up the pages with their off-the-chart heat and though the ending was very satisfying, I still wanted more. So much that I bought the first book, Second Chance Charmer. I loved them both!

I
Kaye
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE AMAZING ADVENTURE!!!
OMG! Man, talk about biting off more than you can chew. A whirlwind of emotions and events that feed from the excitement and nerve racking tension that brings this bad boy roaring to life brilliantly. All the twists and turns, ups and downs, along with a few glitches and bumps here and there pull you deeper into this raging storyline and hard hitting plot. Throw in all the drama, intrigue, uncertainty and suspense and you have one intense, page turning bombshell that
M Hurford
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Small town romance but big on characters...
Hometown Troublemaker is a great storyline that drew me immediately because of Rory and Nash. They were just about perfect characters and were played off effectively against each other.
I like small town romances and the author did a good job of bringing that feel into the story with her supporting characters and words. The rituals small towns celebrate and engage in were present and validated.
Definitely recommending this book for your reading
Irene

Hometown Troublemaker by Brighton Walsh is a beautiful, heartwarming read and I loved it.

The storyline is well written, entertaining from start to end and I loved watching Aurora and Nash's relationship unfold.

This is one of those books that once you start reading you don't want to put it down.

Hometown Troublemaker is a lovely addition to the Havenbrook Series and I highly recommend it.

*An ARC was provided in exchange for my honest thoughts.*
Heather Lynn
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More Emotional Than I Was Expecting

I wasn't sure I would like Roy's story. But immediately I connected with her and her story.

Brighton did a wonderful job expressing the feelings and internal reactions to losing the life you thought you were stuck with and finding the life you never knew you could have.

Nash and Rory are imperfectly perfect and Hometown Troublemaker was practically perfect in everyway.
JAN Edwards
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved Rory and Nash - they were not supposed to fit. But did!

This 2nd book about the Haven sisters is just as good as the first! Oldest sister Rory and the younger Nash, best friend to Rorys youngest sister, Nat, are not supposed to be together. But that doesnt stop them! Great story. Didnt want this book to end!
Angela
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brighton Walsh strikes again

Oh, Nash and Rory, you lovely things.

In this universe, Finn still holds my heart, but the growth that both characters showed was both subtle and relatable. Looking forward to the third installment here!
Brandi Sartin lawrence
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book! How do you become your real self when for years you have pretended to be something your not? How many things need to happen to Rory before she just snaps and decides she wants to be herself.
Jax
Oct 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a great story and the second half was excellent. But the first half just dragged and I couldnt get into it. ...more
Heidi Dover
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: liked
Liked Rory's growth and self-discovery, and Nash's patience, support, and unwavering feelings for her as she navigated through the changes in her life and herself.
Drache
Mar 29, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf
Dnf @50%.. same old, same old. Maybe another time I'll pick it up again.
Lauren Mullikin
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-read, romance
My new fave small town romance and family 💕
Greselley
Rory was portrayed in the first book as self-absorbed, big gossip and the daddy pleaser, the daughter who was living the ideal life. I like how the author enlighten us and given us a glimpse of the true Rory which happened mostly when she was with Nash. It must be lonely to suck it up and smile when everything in your life is falling apart, especially when she has no one while this is all happening. Fortunately, Nash came into her life. I really love this series. It is one of those few ones ...more
Kirstie Ibrahim
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brighton-walsh
Loved this as much as the first in the series. There was great chemistry with the main characters Rory and Nash. It was also good to see the other side of Rory after reading the first book in the series. We all try to be perfect but its just not possible. As a single mum I understood some of her struggles and was glad to see her find happiness.
Kathy
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm rating this book at a 4.5 stars. What an enjoyable book. I felt that the characters were exactly the type for small town vibe, the emotions that came off the page seemed real and it was a rollercoaster ride of sorts that made you pay attention. Rory and Nash were perfect for each other. I didn't lose interest once throughout the book and would recommend this read.

• Love in the Dark: 12 Book Boxed Set
  • Sonata (North Security, #3)
  • Concerto (North Security, #2)
  • The Secret Son (Starr Brothers of Montana, #1; Secrets of Cherry Lake, #2)
  • Damaged Hearts (Damaged Hearts, #3)
  • His Wasted Heart (Damaged Hearts, #2)
  • Highball Rush (Bootleg Springs #6)
  • Sweet (Chicago Underground, #7)
  • Crazy Rich Cajuns (Boys of the Bayou, #4)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Far Cry (Talbott's Cove, #3)
  • Rough Sketch
  • The Two-Date Rule (Smokejumper, #1)
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • The Blind Date Diaries
  • Holiday Ever After
  • Cheeky King (Royals Undercover, #2)
  • Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4)
USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author Brighton Walsh spent nearly a decade as a professional photographer before taking her storytelling in a different direction and reconnecting with her first love: writing. When shes not lost in her own made up worlds, shes probably either reading or shoppingmaybe even both at once. She lives in the Midwest with her real life hero of a husband, ...more

Havenbrook (3 books)
  • Second Chance Charmer (Havenbrook, #1)
  • Captain Heartbreaker (Havenbrook, #3)