Start by marking “The Reapers (The Hunted, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Reapers (The Hunted, #1)

The Reapers

(The Hunted #1)

The balance of life and death must be protected at all costs.

Nivian had never failed to Reap a marked soul. That is, until she meets Kain Evers, a Hunter and the only being on earth with the power to destroy her.

When Reapers start to go missing, the Balance is thrown into turmoil, forcing Nivian and Kain to trust each other as they search for answers. Which is no easy task
Audiobook
Published February 19th 2019 (first published May 31st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Reapers, please sign up.
Ali Winters Hi, This book is not free. you can buy it on amazon or most major retailers for 2.99

If you find it free…more

If you find it free anywhere then it is a pirated copy and illegal. (less)

Start your review of The Reapers (The Hunted, #1)
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

Review of The Reapers by Ali Winters

This is a young adult reader but unlike some it is not a watered down plot. The author does not insult the intelligence of the reader. The book contains great vocabulary with wonderful context clues. The reader wants to know what will happen next. The twists and turns and romance add drama to this story. The characters are so well rounded for a YA.

The plot builds on the bits of revelation Nivian, the main character, finds out about
Anita
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review: I won The Reapers playing a game regarding author Ali Winters, where I had to answer three questions about her in order to win a copy of her book. Ali has been one of my Facebook friends for a little while and I was nearly able to answer all of the questions off the top of my head. So I did…for the win!

What I Loved: This is the first book I’ve read about Reapers (excluding On a Pale Horse, which I read in High School as part of a class, and is sort of in the same vein…great book
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers
I really liked this book. The story was different than a lot of others that I have read. This book is the first book in a series. It's can be catagorized as a YA Paranormal. It runs a little on the small side at 261 pages.

This book is the author's debut. And it was fabulous! The plot, the transitions, the dialogue and the action all came together to make the perfect storm. The action scenes were excellent in my opinion. The first book by an author is always fun because it sets the bar for
Jhommie Kem-ing
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always tell myself that I'm not into Fantasy genre but whenever I hear something this good I instantly forget that thoughts. This book is so wonderful and if you are not into Fantasy like me *snorts* you would still definitely like this.. it's action packed for me and definitely a five star read.

The narration by Sarah Colton in my opinion gave this book a more pleasant appeal by her wonderful voice.

Totally enjoyable and entertaining.. a must read or listen!

Audiobook Obsession Reviewer
Cassandra Fear
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ali Winters just took my mind on an adventure I will never forget. The Reapers was an amazing journey of the life of a grim reaper. The loneliness, the heartache, and the friendship. This book was so unique and imaginative that I wanted to read as much as possible all the time. Although it took me a while to get through, that was my fault. I was busy, but still this book and the characters stayed in my mind.

I loved Nivian. She had such heart, such compassion, and I especially loved her naivety
Lisa Eiff
This is a great story. I can't wait to get started on the second book in the series (The Exodus). It focuses on a reaper that happens to notice a guy that can see her, which obviously isn't supposed to be possible. The characters in this novel are all fairly well developed, with elaborate backgrounds and interesting elements that tie them all together. This is the second book I'm reading right now that fixates on reapers of sorts...and I found it a very entertaining and well put together read.
Nicola
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh I do love a paranormal book and haven't read about a reaper for a long while. I really enjoyed this book and didn't read as quick as I would have as work got in the way. I'm just annoyed (at myself) because book 2 isn't out yet and usually I check before reading so I can read all in the series. Really good book.
Felicia
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Reapers by Ali Winters is the first book in the Hunted Series. I listened to this book on audio narrated by Sarah Colton. Sarah did a great job narrating and I can't wait to hear future projects by her. This is the first book of Ali's that I have read and look forward to reading more of her books in the future.

The storyline really pulled me. I enjoyed the multiple points of view through out the book so I was able to get into all the characters head. The romance portion of the story was very
Mersadies
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love stories about reapers, I love all the different ways people see reapers roles and responsibilities. This book was very good, I like how Ali Winters had the reapers as not causing death and destruction but simply cutting the mortals life threads so they could move onto the next phase. I also enjoyed the reapers ability to only be seen by humans if they wanted to be. I love how Nivian challenged things when it no longer made any sense. I also enjoyed the build up of the relationship ...more
Megan
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was one heck of a ride! It was a little bit slow at first but when it picked up, it really picked up and didn’t stop. I loved all the characters. Especially Vivian. She was kind of a surprise. She was a reaper with a huge heart. I loved seeing her relationships grow.

This book kind of ended with things settled but absolutely not good. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

#audiobookobsessionreviewer
C.L. Cannon
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! The imagination and twists and turns in this book had me on the edge of my seat! Winters knows how to create intriguing conflict and let it dangle long enough to steal your breath! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this series!
Eirlys
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reap the whirlwind

I loved this book because it enthralled me from the beginning. Kain and Nivian are attracted to each other even though they are on opposing sides. The story unfolds with uncertainty on both sides and Nivian and Kain being pulled by forces that they don't understand. I am going to buy the next book and continue to follow their story.
C.C. Ravanera
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yep, as the title implies, this story is about “the grim reaper”, the deliverer of the souls, death and all the gruesome connotations attached to it. Only in this book, there is more than one reaper who collects the human souls and they are not bad. And they are all about keeping the “balance”.

Or that’s what they say. Just ask their arch nemesis, the Hunters and they will tell you differently.

Nivian is a reaper. She’s good at her job, in fact may even be the best. She’s dedicated, always
Amanda Clark
The Reapers is definitely different than anything I've read. I really enjoyed the mystery and discovery, learning who to trust, and what secrets there were to uncover. It was an exciting ride to be sure! I would absolutely pick up another of Ali Winter's works. She did a great job of revealing just enough at the right times, and keeping me hooked.

There are a few things that knocked it down for me though, one of which is inconsistency. For example, in one instance Nivian shivers and rubs her arms
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
I absolutely love reaper stories! I especially love them when they are written exceptionally well, and given a very fresh and exciting take. Winters has done this fantastically, to the point that I could not put the book down. I honestly had to read every single page, in one sitting. Shh, don't tell the hubby.

I loved the two main characters, in this book. It felt as though they wre created very well and truly filled out the positions of who they were and who they were about to become. I loved
Spunky N Sassy
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
SNS Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lillian's Review~~~~~~~~~~

Can you protect someone even they are on the wrong side. Nivian is a reaper and she has been given a new mark which should be easy as she has done this tons of times. Nivian is the grim reaper she helps people along by taking their life energy into a pocket watch.

Her latest mark has taken a while as there is someone hanging around and she needs to know how he can see her.

Kain is just an ordinary young man that will go out of his way to help
Alisha Webster
I've been meaning to read this book for a while, but I've been burying in prior review agreements. In the past, I've read Stardust (which I loved) and the short Flirting with Death (Which I also loved), so I expected nothing but greatness from Ali Winters. While this is a good story, it isn't my favorite of hers. Which is says something about the author's work, since it's still good.

As YA/NA goes, I enjoyed this story. In the beginning, I felt it was a bit slow and the ending was too rushed.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This is a fast-paced and enjoyable Young Adult Paranormal, with a splash of Romance in the shape of love triangle (sort of) thrown in.

Nivian has been doing her job for years with no problems, when she suddenly starts noticing a man there each time. What is worse is that he seems to notice her too, which should be impossible. Then Reapers start disappearing, and the common link is that man that Nivian keeps seeing. Following conversations with Caspian (her boss... sort of) she finds out just who
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Read my full review at http://blackwords-whitepages1977.blog...

This was a great story with a unique twist to it. The characters were phenomenal. I loved Nivian. She was a fun and intriguing character that made the story worth reading. The story-line, which I thought was a bit drawn out at times, turned out to be really good in the end. Even though, I may have thought the story was a bit long, I still highly recommend this story, because this is just my opinion. I am also very anxious to see
Linda Levine
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story very much. The storyline is very interesting and offers a new idea to me on how deaths are handled in the universe. There are plenty of twists in the story that keep it exciting.

Nivian is an intriguing character. She is a Reaper whose job it is to set up the deaths when the person is supposed to die and reclaim their energy to keep the world in balance. She is different from the others in that she enjoys living as a human when not working. Something strange is going on with
Genieinachanelbottle
Reapers Rocks Ali Winters writes some of most addictive reads ever U don't just read one of Ali's books U live it with her characters! I totally love Nivian she's one sassy little reaper!!! This a Fresh Fierce story full of killer action sizzling romance and hearty helping of snarky humor! We get to see this spellbinding world through the eyes of multiple characters which was awesome! I'm completly addicted to The Hunted Series craving the next book The Exodus!

2 of my fave quotes!

"Did you just
Michelle Bolanger
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was intrigued by the idea of this book and from the beginning I was drawn in to the story.

The relationship between Reapers, Hunters, and humans is interesting and feels fresh. The tie in and their use of pocket watches is cool and a neat idea. I loved the story and couldn't wait to find out what happened, but I did skip though most of the fight at the end as I got lost in the writing of some of the fighting scenes.

The ending was satisfying, and I am looking forward to the next book.

The book is
Brandie
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook version:

I love PNR and truly enjoyed this original storyline and its fresh new twists. This was my first reaper storyline and I found it quite entertaining. I can't wait to read more!

The narration was fantastic. Sarah Colton gave a great performance, adding feeling and depth to each character. I was very pleased and would love to listen to more by her.

Overall, I thought this was a great NA read and would gladly recommend it to other PNR fans.

AudiobookObsession
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
I won a copy an eBook copy of this book via a giveaway and the opinions expressed here are unbiased and my own.

This is a refreshing and fantastic take on death. Full of twists and turns that keep you hanging on to the bitter end with a well written plot full of outstanding and jaw dropping revelations. The author's world building is fantabulous and the characters are very likeable and strong and this book cover is simply beautiful. I cannot wait to see what happens next.
L.L. Hunter
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was glad I came across this book. My PR lady recommended it to me. First off, the cover grabbed me. It is stunning! And as soon as I read it was about reapers I was totally in. This book as everything YA paranormal lovers want in a book and more. I cannot wait for book 2! I definitely recommend this.
Shelby
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this NA book immensely. I was a little surprised that is was a YA/NA read. It felt very adult. I cant wait to read more in this series.
Winter Sophia Rose
Unique Twists, Fascinating, Intriguing, Addictive & Gripping! A Fantastic Read! I Loved It!,
Heidi [Literature and Sunshine]
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.

The Reapers, by Ali Winters, is the first book in The Hunted series, and already halfway into the story, I knew I’d read the second installment as well. It engaged me from early on with a riveting hook, and Ali kept it interesting throughout the entire book.

Her characters are complex and vibrant, and each of them is unique. They all have their own point of view, and
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
I received this book for free. I am voluntarily leaving this review and all opinions expressed herein are mine.

This is the first book in The Hunted series. It is a standalone story with no cliffhanger ending. It does set up what will likely be the next story in the series.

Here, Nivian is a reaper and very good at her job. She has no qualms cutting the life thread of a human and sending them to the afterlife. Humans cannot see her, except when she wants them to, yet one day - a human - Kain -
Jessica Fisette
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
My Summary: Nivian is one of the best reapers in existence. She finishes her marks in a fraction of the time it takes the others and is one of the most trusted and higher ranking. But when reapers begin to go missing in the presence of her new mark, she begins to question everything she thinks she knows and the limits of her powers become uncertain.

My Rating: 5/5

My Review: The Reapers is rich in backstory and well-developed characters. I could almost see Nivian, Caspian, Kain, and even Silas.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Little Miss Perfect
  • Broken Empire (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #3)
  • Shades of Fury (Raven Point Pack Trilogy #1)
  • Exhale and Move On
  • Stray (Cats of Felidae Academy, #1)
  • Slaying Year Two (Grim Reaper Academy #2)
  • Nectar and Ambrosia
  • King Of Flames (The Masks of Under #1)
  • Hoodwinked (The Demon Exchange #1)
  • Queen of All (The Masks of Under #6)
  • Daughter of Death (Dark Provenance)
  • My Life As A Pop Album (My Life as an Album #2)
  • Can't Fix Cupid
  • Blinded (Elkridge #1)
  • Rebel's Blade (The Aermian Feuds, #1)
  • The Vampire wants a Wife (Supernatural Dating Agency, #1)
  • Defiant Princess (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #2)
  • A Tangled Fate (Magic, New Mexico Kindle Worlds; Fated For Curves Book 2)
USA Today bestselling author Ali Winters was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest where she developed her love of nature, animals, and all things green.

For as long as she can remember, she’s been mesmerized by the extraordinary world of books and fantasy. There has never been a time when stories were not begging to be told, either by drawing, photography, or writing.

With encouragement from

The Hunted (4 books)
  • The Exodus (The Hunted, #2)
  • The Moirai (The Hunted, #3)
  • The Fallen (The Hunted, #4)