Start by marking “Out Like a Goddess (Surprise Goddess Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Out Like a Goddess (Surprise Goddess Mystery #1)

Out Like a Goddess

(Surprise Goddess Mystery #1)

They say she's a goddess, but she definitely doesn't act like one.

Evangeline Lewis thinks the gods must be crazy. First, they say she's a goddess, and now they've given her a job that almost no one can do: fix whatever the gods of Olympus break.
Soon, Eva takes her first official client and discovers that someone is kidnapping gods...and no one on Olympus cares. Her
Published March 12th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Out Like a Goddess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out Like a Goddess

Start your review of Out Like a Goddess (Surprise Goddess Mystery #1)
Jaynessa Campbell
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastically wonderful cozy mystery! Sometimes I just need an easy reading, but interesting book to give me a break from the stresses of life. This one definitely meets those needs. As Eva struggles to find answers to her own life questions she is pulled into a world she doesn't quite understand with people she barely knows and she isn't sure trust her, yet it is Eva who must come to the rescue and save them before its too late. As she unravels the mystery set before her she opens as ...more
Anne Dwyer
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Eva comes of age, she receives notification that she is a Goddess - and given a job at Three Kings in Surprise. Her first job is to get Leo, son of Aphrodite into Cosmetic school - and he tells her that some Gods are vanishing - kidnapped. Will she be able to find Ataro? And will she be able to discover who is causing the problems? I loved this story and cant wait to read more!~ !

Jo Smith
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Infectious adventure read

This wasn't my normal choice of story but it is well written with a lightness and quick wit. The gods got a little confusing but as the plot developed it soon fell into place. It kept me entertained and turning pages! Looking at the next in the series to be my next read!
Darlingmichie
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read!

I’m loving this newly discovered series! Love reading about Greek gods and mythology set in the modern day. A very riveting read that kept me turning the pages and the plot kept me guessing right to the end. I can’t wait to start the next book!
Tannis Antonio
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This book was a surprise! In a good way. I liked the characters, enjoyed the pace and I really love Darwin.
Jamie Brydone-Jack
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, mystery
Oh, my gosh! What a fun ride! I'm a huge fan of both cozy mysteries and books that use ancient mythology. I don't think I've ever seen the two combined before. In this book, Eva—who has lived a life as a normal human (though some of her “abilities” are definitely NOT human)—finds out that she is a goddess, and subsequently moves to a town that is essentially a new Olympus in modern times. She at first starts working helping out the other deities of Olympus. But when the Sphinx goes missing, it ...more
Deissy
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
cozy mystery for sure!

this is a cute mystery slice of life kinda series! a human who isn’t a god yet but is helping out the gods and goddesses how to live among the mortals. easy breezy right?! Not when you have dreams that are the future. Someone is hurting and hunting gods and Eve gets to see it on her dreams. Creepy and dangerous! So with the help of her new friends who are also gods (kai, leo & Eris ) she decides to do something about it. Things are slowly unraveling for Eve and new
Josie
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I'm in for the long haul. I was hooked at the prequel, but this one just set the hook. I so need to dust off my mythology books because I was just like Eva trying to remember who was who and related to who. I read this in one sitting as was so wrapped up in the out come that it was almost depressing when it ended. I needed Eve's little bubble so I could stay cocooned in my own little world watching the Gods roll by. Excellent work and I look forward to the next in the series. YAY!
Susan Commeford
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun!

I really enjoyed this book...it's a completely new look at the Olympian gods. There's humor and a bit of a mystery...you'll have fun!
Crystal
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Ms. Canavan’s first foray into the PNR cozy mystery genre and I was hooked!! Evangeline Lewis has discovered a few things about herself recently, the first being that she is a goddess. Not what we call a goddess today, but a flesh and blood Greek goddess. You know, related to Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Athena, et al, and she’s recently moved into a home she inherited from her mother. She’s got a job helping the gods with any problems they might have, from picking them up at the local jail to ...more
Molly
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: paranormal mystery, adventure / romance fans
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout
Eva recently discovered that she was not just an ordinary orphan - she came into her powers as a goddess at age 25.

except, ever since she was a little girl, she has had some sort of prophetic dreams, and bad things happened to her when she tried to prevent them from coming true. And every time she cried, there were meteor showers.

But she was afraid that her dreams made her some kind of freak, and would make her more of an outcast, even among the gods.

As she beings to make friends, and learn
Trudy
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun little book! Gods, magic & mystery! This book really allows you to escape. It is new, exciting, cute, full of beautiful Goddesses and sexy Gods, sass, strength, the building of friendships, a mysterious disappearance and an ancient immortal tortoise!

Eva was brought up as a human unaware that Gods live among us. She is brand new to the world of the gods, magic and even Surprise. She just started a new job as the liaison to the human world & way of life, whatever that is and
JodiandDan Sands-Sweet
It’s fun, entertaining, a quick read and original! I’ll never look at the gods the same way again. I’m looking forward to the next book in the series.

Jessie
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So freaking obsessed with this book! The story pulls you in immediately and keeps you wanting more and more so it makes it difficult to stop. I appreciate all the research that was done to be able to twist and make mythologY modernized. I love cozy mysteries so much and am so glad to have found another awesome series by April Canavan. This is a fun and quick read that has awakened my interest in mythology.
Cate McKinnon Alexander
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A super fun cosy mystery story with a mythological twist!

I thoroughly enjoyed following Eva as attempts to work out her new role as a goddess in the mortal world, her place as a newbie goddess in the Olympian circle, and solve the mystery of the missing gods.
Krystyna
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A rising star

Terrific read. A great plot filled with characters that are memorable and enticing whilst at the same time almost childlike in their exuberance and belief that they are always right. Our heroine blows in like a breath of fresh air to shake up their beliefs and attitudes whilst trying to do what no-one else seems to want to do. Find the missing gods and goddesses that have been kidnapped and disappeared.
Her house is now full of the brothers that make up the North Winds business and
Jeff Parker
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad start to a cozy mystery series. A fun take on the Greek pantheon in modern America. Eva is a strong (even if she doesn't recognize it) if reluctant heroine. The setup for the requisite love triangle is in place and should provide several interesting story arcs in the future.

The writing is witty and April Canavan does a good job of keeping the dialogue and story line moving forward without being tedious.
Scarolet Ellis
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Out Like a Goddess by April Canavan is a wonderful story that I have read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series that I fell in love with. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about chick Lit,fantasy and cozy mysteries in their stories.

Mary
This is the first book I’ve had to start over to finish in a long time.

The story was great, the gods and goddesses were brought to life, the mystery needed a few more clues for the reader to follow. But this book feels more like a second book in a series instead of the first one.
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Read the Prequel first!! This may say it's book 1, but it reads like book 2. If you don't read the prequel you miss out on a lot, and you loose a great deal of development. Otherwise it was cute and easy. BUt it definitely didn't feel complete. More of a 3.5 rating on this book.
hannah
Oct 17, 2019
miss a j smith
Aug 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dragons are a Girl's Best Friend (Quarter Witch Chronicles #1)
  • A Good Dragon is Hard to Find (Quarter Witch Chronicles Book 3)
  • Fated Mates
  • Wrecked
  • The Pack's Mate (Woodland Packs #1)
  • Emergence (Sever the Crown, #1)
  • The Red Dragon's Baby (Shifter Dads, #1)
  • Thorn (Bears of Burden, #1)
  • Blind Cat's Holiday: A Cozy Cat and Witch Mystery (Cozy Conundrums Book 4)
  • The Great Catsby: A Cozy Cat and Witch Mystery (Cozy Conundrums Book 5)
  • The Vampire's Last Dance (Witch Island Brides Book 1)
  • Copycat Murders: A Cozy Cat and Witch Mystery (Cozy Conundrums Book 3)
  • No Cat is an Island (Cozy Conundrums #2)
  • Trial by Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae  #1)
  • Fire Breathing Beast (Dragons of the Bayou #1)
  • While the Dragon's Away (Quarter Witch Chronicles Book 2)
  • The Undead Uproar (A Charlie Rhodes Mystery #5)
  • Molly Miranda: Thief for Hire (Molly Miranda, #1)
April is a USA Today Bestselling Author, and writes a variety of different genres. Mostly, though, she leans toward romance in her writing. She tends to focus on Paranormal Romance, Romantic Suspense/Police/Military Romance, and Cozy Paranormal/Mythical Mystery. She is always up for a chat with readers or other authors, so don't be shy to reach out....

Surprise Goddess Mystery (4 books)
  • Down Like a Goddess (Surprise Goddess Mystery #2)
  • High Like a Goddess (Surprise Goddess Mystery #3)
  • Just Like a Goddess (Surprise Goddess Mystery #4)