Start by marking “The Cowboy and the City Slicker” as Want to Read:
The Cowboy and the City Slicker

The Cowboy and the City Slicker

Can a fish out of water find a home on the range?

Alex Wheeler arrives in Arizona with a job to do—convince Matthew Parsons to sell his guest ranch to an Americana-themed resort chain. A landscape filled with nothing but cactus and cattle promises a dull week, until he meets the strong, silent cowboy who lassoes his interest. Alex begins to fall for Matthew’s quiet charm,
Published March 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy and the City Slicker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy and the City Slicker

Christelle
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
**3.5 stars**

I’ve read a few books from Bonnie Dee and her writing style works well for me. The thing is : I read some of her historical MM Romances and only those ones, so I was curious about reading a contemporary MM romance from her…that and let’s be honest : I’m prone to the cowboy trope, LOL.

Alex, who can be stamped as a nice and cheerful guy, enjoys his job which is to travel all around the US, and assesses some potential vacation spots for a resort company. His new assignment : looking at
Ann
I’ve always been a big fan of Bonnie Dee, her historicals are a weakness of mine. I love the language, the settings and the conflicts are always fascinating. Unfortunately I can’t say the same for The Cowboy and the City Slicker. I did enjoy it, the writing is solid and the characters are well formed. The best part of the story is meeting Alex and especially Matthew. The story itself however is one we’ve all read before.

Alex works for a corporation that buys up family farms, ranches, etc. that t
CrabbyPatty
Alex Wheeler arrives at Matthew Parson's family / guest ranch with an ulterior motive - to see if the property is suitable for Homespun Vacations' collection of small speciality destinations. Matthew's ranch has been in his family for generations and he's facing bankruptcy hence his decision to have paying guests at the ranch. Alex is immediately smitten with Matthew, and Matthew with Alex, so Alex is reluctant to tell Matthew the real reason for his solo visit to Rancho Verde.

The author does a
Joyfully Jay
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

I’ve been a fan of Bonnie Dee in the past, but I’ve struggled to connect with some of her more recent works and, unfortunately, The Cowboy and the City Slicker is no exception. The plot is rather bland and utterly predictable. Additionally, the characters fail to morph into multi-dimensional creations. They feel flat and rather ordinary. Dee has a distinctive and familiar voice that I appreciate as a reader, but despite that and the decent pacing, The Cowboy and t
Serena Yates
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, read-2019
“Fuck the Wild West! From the little Alex had experienced so far, every bit of nature here was made to torture humans.” — Alex Wheeler

There is something to be said for tried and true romance tropes – and this one contains all the elements I need to be thoroughly entertained. Opposites who attract, a man out of his depth in an environment he has no clue how to deal with, a ruggedly strong, silent cowboy, a whole group of supportive secondary characters who bring everything to life, and a plot wit
Lisa The Novel Approach
The Cowboy and the City Slicker is pure and unapologetic tropey category romance, with a fish out of water, an opposites-attract romance, a bit of simmering lust, a gun-shy cowboy, lies by omission, a big reveal, the falling apart afterwards, and, most importantly, everything getting put back together again. This novel reminded me of my Harlequin romance reads from long ago, and I found some comfort in its familiarity as well as knowing that I was going to get a guaranteed HEA in the end.

Alex Wh
Heather
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Contemporary westerns are not a sub-genre I generally seek out but when one comes to my attention, the reading experience usually becomes a fast favorite and Bonnie Dee's The Cowboy and the City Slicker is no different. Alex and Matthew appear to be complete opposites and yet it quickly becomes clear that they are not only perfectly suited but I also can't see them with anyone else.

I've only read a couple of Miss Dee's contemporary M/M romances and though I prefer her historicals, the contempora
Annie Maus
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
We can almost hear Bonnie Dee, when one of her characters, Matthew Parsons, is in a bookstore wondering whether there are any original tropes. Her newest novel The Cowboy and the City Slicker, is a down-home, plain-spoken title for the genre, much like Matthew, himself.

While exploring the idea’s appeal, Dee gives us a few little twists to update and refresh the concept and her readers. The result is as prickly but pleasing as a cactus in bloom.

Many years ago, Matthew’s lover barely noticed when
Monica
Apr 04, 2019
Love Bytes Reviews
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Roberta

So, I have to say that I liked this book. I really enjoyed seeing these two men who felt so lonely and who thought that they’d end up spending their lives alone, could find each other and find a lasting love.

Matthew, I really liked the tacturn cowboy who is really just so damn shy. He’s so sweet and caring and he feels so much…he wants to have the land that his great grandfather bought and see it flourish and thrive. The weight of running a ranch and having people there that h
Georgie-who-is-Sarah
rated it it was ok
Apr 16, 2019
Rachel
Mar 31, 2019
Ratatoskr
Apr 11, 2019
Bonnie Dee
Mar 16, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Randi Trimble
May 20, 2019
Ronald Ray
May 21, 2019
I began telling stories as a child. Whenever there was a sleepover, I was the designated ghost tale teller. I still have a story printed on yellow legal paper in second grade about a ghost, a witch and a talking cat.

I enjoy dabbling in many genres. Whether you're a fan of contemporary historical or fantasy romance, you'll find something to enjoy among my books. I'm interested in flawed, often dama