Start by marking “Don't Lie to Me (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Don't Lie to Me (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #1)

Don't Lie to Me

(Eva Rae Thomas Mystery #1)

When twelve-year-old Sophie Williams went on a Girl Scout summer camp, she never returned home.

Three months later, her body is found inside her sleeping bag in the most frequented area of Cocoa Beach, and the town is outraged.

The girl isn't just any child. She's the town's most beloved surf idol, and it was believed that she could be the next Kelly Slater.

As another c

Published April 15th 2019 by BUOY MEDIA

To ask other readers questions about Don't Lie to Me, please sign up.
WHS Lions Library It is free today along with the 2nd in the series.

Start your review of Don't Lie to Me (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #1)
Melanie
Jun 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2019
This book is a one star from me. There is just sooo much wrong with it imo. The writing is shallow. No one talks the way they do in this dialogue. For example, the first dead child, Sophie, is called "the child" by her father. Eva Rae calls her own son "the boy". Her middle child says "they quarrel" and since they're American, it just doesn't sound right. It's so unnatural.

Eva Rae is not believable at all as a former FBI agent. She follows no protocols and frequently shows up where she has no bu
Carolyn
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rose-willow
FABULOUS murder/mystery book! My first time with this author and I am really impressed. There are so many little subplots in this book, but it is a great series start up. An ex-FBI profiler whose husband walks out on her and her three children for a younger (of course) woman, gives up her job, moves back to be close to her parents, dealing with her kids acting out, her cold mother and a serial killer on the loose in the town she grew up in. And, yet, the author does a spectacular job of keeping ...more
Bonnie A.
Apr 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
The only good thing is it was free

This book was poorly written, with no likeable characters. Eva, for supposedly being an experienced former FBI agent, and Matt, supposedly a somewhat experienced police officer were neither very bright. And Eva is a terrible mother besides. Don't waste your time on it.
pagesofchapters
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was a super quick and enjoyable read. I enjoyed all of the different elements the author entertwined within this story. It definitely made it a more complex book to read. The topics of family was a big part of this book and I definitely enjoyed reading about those aspects. As far as the main plot goes, I did find it to be very predictable, so the level of anticipation and mystery did lack a little for me but despite that, I still thoroughly enjoyed this book. I did also like the cute, all b ...more
Marsha Corley
Maybe I'm not being fair because I didn't finish this book, but I could find not much to like about it after the first couple chapters. I really thought in the beginning of the book that it was going to be a good read, but the more I read, the more I really disliked the main character. First of all, she is not even middle aged yet but has reached such a high pinnacle in her law enforcement career that she is revered, an author and one able to step back from the lofty career in the FBI. I'm sorry ...more
Debbie DiFiore
There were a couple of plot holes, unexplained items, and a little bit of credibility problems but I don't care. I really liked it. It was a surprise to me when I found out who the villain was and I really was surprised. It stars out with a girl at girl scout camp being kidnapped. Eva Rae just moved back to town, she is a former FBI profiler and her husband just took off with another woman. She moves back to be close to her Mom and Dad and she is having a very hard time of it. She has three chil ...more
Tara Butler
May 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
So much potential...

I thoroughly enjoyed the writing style and the fast paced nature of this story, but it was honestly just all over the place. So many characters with so little actual character development was so confusing. I’m an avid thriller/crime/mystery reader and I’m sad to say this was a busy. Slow down a bit, let us get to know the characters in the story. Kidnapping after kidnapping and murder after murder, and then it turns out to be her dad?! I couldn’t even keep straight who was be
Cathi
Apr 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
I couldn't finish this. I got only about 40% into it then I had to stop. This woman is the worst mother in the annals of fiction. She's also the worst FBI agent ever. I don't know what was in store for her in the rest of the book but if it was bad, she deserved it. Also, the writing style was terrible, as was the editing.
Margaret Gaven
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you like trillers, this is a good one!
Sandy
May 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Just OK

This is an easy read and moved at a fast clip. I felt the writing was good, but the plot not so much. Several sort of sub plots attached to the main plot and characters contribute to the fast paced action. However some of the story line is just not believable and details are not really dealt with well. Our heroine is former FBI, yet pulls stuff no trained officer would do.

Local force asks for her "help" on a case, but no mention of her appointment as the"posse" or consultant. Then she pi
E
Apr 20, 2019 rated it liked it
This book has such good reviews, but I was disappointed. Everything happened so quickly; no real character development. Just a little too simple, rushing to get to the end result. No more books by Willow Rose for me.
Cecilia
Jul 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
I could only read about the first two chapters. I stopped reading after the male cop "Bit his lip", yeah, if I had to read about someone biting their lip or their heart racing and tears welling one more damn time.....I just couldn't do it. Very juvenile to me and not so great writing.
Michelle Stanislawczyk
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! What a twist!
Ted Tayler
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
"A mixed bag"

A promising start , but then everything fell apart. I must have read a different book to the one that garnered all those 5* reviews.
Dee Cherry
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This first book of the series was dramatic as Eva Rae, a retired FBI agent, became involved in a case of a murdered child. Throughout the story, flashbacks were given concerning Eva Rae's childhood as well as the killer's which made the story easier to understand. It seemed Eva's adult life was in turmoil due to her recent separation and trying to keep up with her kids schedules. There were also content and secrets revealed that made the title come to life. Overall, I thought this was a good int ...more
Bev
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-read, own-it
Eva Rae returns to her hometown as an ex-FBI profiler. She has promised her children she is done with police work, but when one child is found dead and another is kidnapped she can't help but get involved. Matt Miller, the local law enforcement asked for her help. He is also an ex-flame of hers. The more they investigate, the more dangerous it becomes, especially for those Eva hold near and dear. Can they stop this person before it is too late? You will need to read the book to find out.
Michelle
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
A former FBI agent who makes up her own procedures and a ridiculous plot twist. Calling Olivia Benson! SVU, take the wheel!
Bethany
Jan 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
Tara Lewis
Mar 09, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audiobooks
This book is terrible.
Eva Ray is the worst mother ever, a terrible FBI agent, every man is gaslighting and has nothing to do with their kids at all (hi, missing your child for 2 months and not noticing) and American cops shoot at running mothers holding kids and the mother goes to jail, not the cop.
This book is terribly written, unbelievable, and if a true portrait of what families are like that side of the pond, horrific.
Lauren
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
i enjoyed the start to this series. Eva seems intelligent and down to earth. i'm curious where Eva and Matt will end up
Kiara Moore-Ogundipe
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
*SPOILERS*

If you've read the synopsis, you know there are children coming up missing and retired FBI agent steps in to try to help local law enforcement find the killer.

I have to say, with kids going missing, you would think the mothers in this story would be vigilant with watching their children. That's not the case. Sophie, who is the first missing child has been being molested. Her mom Julie knows about it, but continues to allow it and not press charges on the molester simply because she wa
Sandra R
May 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
I really don't like leaving one star reviews. Means I didn't like a book I thought would be excellent because of all the fabulous ratings. Anyway, huge big sigh. I was looking forward to getting my teeth stuck in a good thriller/murder/suspense mystery today. ☹

Firstly this book was very simply written, which in itself isn't bad. It can be pretty liberating not to think too hard when reading - just immerse yourself into the plot and start enjoying the story and the rollercoaster ride it sends you
M
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Women’s fiction with a good mystery. Not a police procedural.

A serial child kidnapper-murder mystery is interwoven with women’s fiction featuring a storyline about dealing with “life issues.” Eva Rae Thomas, an ex-FBI profiler, struggles with emotional issues and family problems after her stay-at-home husband leaves her and their three children. She moves to her hometown of Boca Raton to be a single mother and to learn how to raise 14 yo Olivia, 12 yo Christine, and 6 yo Alex.

Her parents (espe
Toni
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

This is the first book in the Eva Rae Thomas mystery series by Willow Rose.

I am glad I started this series with book one since the story moves forward in time from book to book and this particular series makes more sense when you read it in order.

Eva Rae is a compelling main character. She is reeling from her husband who has left her for a younger woman and in charge of three young children. She gave up her FBI job in order to take care of her kids but as a popular profiler, her skills ar
Bob
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was very good, lots of mystery and suspense.
The only problem I had was the villain's. like Dawn's situation, her abuser was a bit bazaar but ok, I went on, but when it came to catching the killer, a bit more bazaar. Didn't quite get it.
Still I liked the way it flowed just don't trust anyone over 60 in Florida.
Darren
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The start of another great series

This is the third series, by Willow Rose, that I am currently reading. Her books are so enticing, I cannot read just one series at a time. This series is no exception, I am becoming addicted to willow Rose.
Mr Jason M Benskin
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Looking forward to the next book.
Andrea K
Jun 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well I won’t give it away. But I was stunned!!
Jackie
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An unfortunate death, probably a murder. Not only a child but a famous one. This will grip you until you find out what happened. Superb.
Courtney McAninch
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good read. I liked all the turns and twists this author used. I definitely will read more by her.

• Winter's Mourn (Winter Black #1)
  • Dead of Night
  • In the Darkness (Zoe Bentley Mystery, #2)
  • Even (Ham #2)
  • She Is Gone (Jack Anderson #3)
  • You Have to Believe Me
  • Devil's Den (A Chase Adams FBI Thriller #6)
  • The Bear (Reed & Billie #7)
  • On His Grave
  • Poison Orchids
  • Fatal Flowers (A Dr Pippa Durrant Mystery Book 2)
  • Deserve To Die
  • He Will Find You (Maddie Ives, #3)
  • Winter's Curse (Winter Black #2)
  • When You Come Back
  • The Body Keeper (Detective Jude Fontaine Mysteries #3)
  • Buried Deep (Jessie Cole, #4)
  • The Wall (Alex Demarchelier #1)
Willow Rose is a multi-million-copy best-selling Author and an Amazon ALL-star Author of more than 70 novels.

Several of her books have reached the top 10 of ALL books on Amazon in the US, UK, and Canada. She has sold more than three million books all over the world.

She writes Mystery, Thriller, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense, Horror, Supernatural thrillers, and Fantasy.

Willow's books are fast-pa

Eva Rae Thomas Mystery (7 books)
  • What You Did (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #2)
  • Never Ever (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #3)
  • Say You Love Me (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #4)
  • Let Me Go (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery #5)
  • It's Not Over (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery Book 6)
  • Not Dead Yet (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #7)