Start by marking “Batman, Volume 11: The Fall and the Fallen” as Want to Read:
Batman, Volume 11: The Fall and the Fallen

Batman, Volume 11: The Fall and the Fallen

(Batman (2016) #11)

Eisner Award winner Tom King reunites with Mikel Janin as he continues his best-selling Batman run. Batman faces his most personal battle yet as he is locked in a life or death battle with... his father?

Ever since Batman's impending wedding went south on him, the Caped Crusader has had the sinking suspicion that there has been someone lurking in the shadows setting events
Expected publication: January 14th 2020 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Batman, Volume 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman, Volume 11

Start your review of Batman, Volume 11: The Fall and the Fallen
Artemy
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dc, comics, best-of-2019
The Fall and the Fallen feels like the volume of final preparations and table-setting, and it should, since it's the penultimate arc of Tom King's Batman run (on the main series at least). I still dig it a lot, though like with the previous volume I don't have that much to say about this particular arc — it's a book where many pieces of the puzzle finally fall into place, and at this point I'm just rolling with it and waiting to see where King takes us next on this wild and amazing journey ...more
James DeSantis
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ah damn this probably weakest volume in the entire run.

So Batman after his Knightmares is not having a good time. It actually opens interesting enough with Batman breaking out of Arkham. In doing so he slaps around some of his good old villains. The next few volumes is his complete breakdown, jumping around in time, and spending a little time with his pops. It all comes down to breaking him down before he goes pretty much insane.

I think the idea is good. I see what King is doing. I enjoyed the
Malum
2.5 stars.
A bit of buildup, a bit scattered, and a bit confusing.
Stephen Abell
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphics-read
What the hell is it with King? Why does he like going over old ground? I can understand why he does it. For example, Batman's escape from the bowels of Arkham is in representation to Bane's attack on the Asylum, when he was looking for Batman and Psycho Pirate. But to have it so precisely copied was irksome. I like new, I want new, but King does love to regurgitate.

Then we have the entire King Batman story arc narrated to us in a condensed format. This works better as it unfolds the entire story
Kat
Basic plot: Batman fights his way out of Arkham only to wind up in the desert with Thomas Wayne, facing yet more horrors.

I can't decide how I feel about this volume. It is intense, filled with some very powerful emotions. The narrative, though, is so confusing that the emotional arc is muddied. What is past and what is present? What is real and what is just in Batman's mind? No idea. Maybe that's the point.

The art is inconsistent, furthering the confusion. Sometimes the panels are crisp and
Matt
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Collects Batman #70-74 and Batman Secret Files #2

This collection reveals what Bane's plan has been since the beginning of Tom King's run on "Batman," and also sheds some light on why the Flashpoint Batman would be aiding Bane in his efforts. I love the confrontations and conversations between father and son, and would have liked even more of that.

The "Batman Secret Files" issue was a little bit of a waste of time, and I'm giving my 5-star rating to Tom King's work, not that extra issue that was
Quentin Wallace
Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it
This volume does pull a lot of the previous volumes together and clear thing up, at least a little. (view spoiler)

So the table is set and we're heading into City of Bane, which is King's
Marco
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Your mother just could not quit. She had faith, this eternal faith in you. That you could see the horrors. And still dream of a better world."
Norman Cook
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Batman escapes the induced nightmares from the previous volume ("I am the nightmare.") and goes on a tear through Arkham, beating up random super-villains, because that's what Batman does. Then he recruits most of his extended Bat-family in preparation to fight Bane's army, even though most of them don't believe his story. Bane's co-conspirator confirms that everything beginning with Batman, Volume 1: I Am Gotham has been part of Bane's plan. Batman somehow ends up in the desert with this ...more
Kevin
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read in single issue format.

Wow. If you were one of the people who were waiting on King's epic plot to come to fruition but were turned away by some of the slower arcs or up-and-down narrative, then this is where you want to jump back on. Every single issue in this book packs a boatload of juicy twists and turns that pull threads from the rest of the run, tie them together, and then use them to try to strangle Batman.

Characters, plots, themes, all of it start swirling together in a maelstrom
Aritra Ghatak
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: batman
Kyle Berk
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Batman Vol 11: The Fall and the Fallen feels incomplete. Like they didn't include the finishing issue. And that's what brings it down I think, because King is going somewhere and I'm excited to get there but we've been setting up and planting for City of Bane since the beginning, and Bane's plan started in issue 59 when Bruce got abducted to be put into a knightmare state. By the end of this collection we're at 74. 15 issues since Bane has taken an active role in his plan and it feels very slow, ...more
Iris Nevers
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
[Read in single issues]
I love Tom King's Batman and Im very sad it's going to end but reading from month to month it's a little choppy and incoherent at times.
As a whole, Tom King's Batman is what we deserve. Just please let them get married already.
Willie Krischke
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Definitely a transition volume to City of Bane. Thomas Wayne drags Batman inot the a big hole in the desert and then... what? Changes his mind? Gives up? What the heck ever happens to the poor guy strapped to the back of the horse? There’s not really a plan that makes any sense.
Lexi
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Read as singles. The Janin issues were Fine. The KGBeast mess can screw right off.
Angelo
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dc, graphic-novel
I could've watched this as two hours of Ben Affleck and Jeffrey Dean Morgan riding through the desert.
John Funderburg
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
King has given us some of the best Batman stories, period. This is a great lead up to City of Bane. Can't wait for the conclusion of this run - wish it could go on forever.
Mr Osowski
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
King is just consistently good. Not my favorite volume, but solid.
Angela
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
What a hot mess. Each volume in the series seems to get even more screwed up than the last one. I'm to the point where I don't even know why I'm reading anymore.
Veronika Hebert

• The Green Lantern, Vol. 1: Intergalactic Lawman
  • Superman: Action Comics, Volume 1: Invisible Mafia
  • Justice League Odyssey, Vol. 1: The Ghost Sector
  • Batman: Detective Comics Vol. 2: Arkham Knight

Batman (2016) (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Batman, Volume 1: I Am Gotham