Start by marking “All the Worlds Between Us” as Want to Read:
All the Worlds Between Us

All the Worlds Between Us

Seventeen-year-old Quinn Hughes needs to be in top shape if she wants to medal at the swimming World Championships in ten months. This means no easy distractions, no matter how pretty they are.

She’s still piecing her confidence back together after not qualifying for the Olympics, her relationship with her twin brother is getting worse the more he hangs out with the popular
Published May 14th 2019 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about All the Worlds Between Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Worlds Between Us

Diane Wallace
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
'ARC provided by both NetGalley and The Publisher in exchange for an honest review'

**'Write the thing you as a writer has to write: the story you are on fire for, the one that might break your heart that only you can tell..The simpler you say or write it, the more eloquent it is...'

In 'ALL THE WORLDS BETWEEN US', Ms.M.L.Miller is able to move beyond the (granted,fascinating) swim practices that did occupy much of the storyline, instead focusing simultaneously on furthering the romance,teenage pr
Lex Kent
3.5 Stars. I thought this was a pretty good YA read. I also think this may be Miller’s first book so I thought it was well written for a debut. I didn’t love all of Miller’s story choices but overall it was a decent read.

I have been reading quite a few YA lesfic books lately. Not sure what’s going on but there seems to be more books coming out than usual. I always mention that I am not the biggest YA fan, but I’m starting to wonder if that is true. I have been enjoying these YA books more than I
Corporate Slave
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m not a big fan of YA books but I wanted to give this a shot because it’s a debut and I’m always interested in discovering new authors :) for me, the more the merrier !
So i enjoyed the storyline a lot as the topics discussed are very interesting. Makes me thank god every day that I never went through a bullying phase or bullied anyone ! I also liked the sports aspect and thought it added a lot to the overall storyline..
so Quinn I connected with, but Kennedy not so much to be honest! I felt so
Bethany
From the outset, I want to mention that this type of troupe is typically not my normal type of read. Yes, this one is definitely f/f, but it's definitely more of a YA/NA read. There are some lightly explicit sex scenes included, but it's rather tame with all characters in their senior year of high school, so all 17 or 18 years old. I would categorize the main themes of this one as coming out, friends to lovers, and second chance romance.

For what it is, I thought that Miller handled this story we
Nicole ❤
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
"There are so many ways to love, and we need more love in this world. Whatever form that might be."
📖 All the Worlds Between Us 📖
🖋 Morgan Lee Miller
Available starting May 14 2019 on Barnes & Noble.

📚 Series: No.
📚 Genre: LBGTQ+ YA (as per Goodreads but I think should be NA) Romance
📚 POV: First person.
📚 Cliffhanger: No, but written with an open ending.

⚠ Content Warnings: Forced outing. Homophobia. Underage Drinking. Consensual sex (quite descriptive for a YA read).

All the Worlds Betw
Jude
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m so glad I’m not a teenager anymore, when everything is so important, so raw, and more often than not feels like a matter of life and death. This book took me right back to that time, although in my real teenage years I didn’t have to deal with half of what Quinn has to deal with.

At 17, Quinn’s whole life is swimming. She hopes to qualify for the Olympics in Rio after failing to make it to London when she was 15 and is working her ass off to bring a medal or more from the World Championships
Carrie
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it
First love.

Quinn is a senior in high school. But she is not your typical teenager. She has a strict training schedule outside of school because she is swimming athlete going for Olympic qualification.

Kennedy is a popular senior at the same school. She has been ignoring Quinn since she arrived back in town their Sophomore year. She becomes a distraction for Quinn that could jeopardize her Olympic aspirations.

The story had a nice flow that took us through the entire final year of high school. The
Sandra Andersson
I recived an ARC from Netgalley.

Quinn is set on getting a medal at the swimming World Championship in 10 months. That means no distractions, but then her ex best friend Kennedy starts squeezing herself back into Quinn's life.They haven't spoken since Kennedy moved when they were fourteen and when she came back nothing was the same. Now Quinn has to balance swimming, her feelings for Kennedy and the fact that maybe she's not the only one with these feelings, Quinn's twin brother Liam seems pretty
Jasmine
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quinn and Kennedy were best friends as kids until Kennedy left just before high school, but not without a first kiss that changed both their lives forever. Now Quinn is just starting her senior year of high school and she's dedicating her sole focus to swimming. But when Kennedy returns, she refuses to talk to Quinn and instead hangs out with the popular group, which likes to pick on Quinn. Quinn doesn't need distractions at a time like this, but when the opportunity to reconnect with the only p ...more
Arin ⭐
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review is spoiler free.

eARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

☆☆☆☆

Content warning: underaged drinking, consensual sex between minors, homophobia, forced outing, mentions of conversion therapy

This book follows Quinn, a senior in high school who is also a world class swimmer (what the heck??? I’m so proud of her). She is also out and proud about it, and right after she hooks back up with her ex-girlfriend/swim teammate she finds herself falling for her
Mellisa
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
2.5 stars - netgalley arc

I wanted so badly to love this book! It's premise is so, so up my street. However it's focus on half hearted romance, and drama for the sake of drama lowered my rating on this book a lot. On the positive side, I think Miller has the potential to be a fantastic writer with her future books, especially if she focuses more on the dynamics of friendships - where her talents seem to lie - and less on sparsely written sex scenes.

All the Worlds Between Us is a book surrounding
Sam
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
You can find this review and others on my blog SleepySamReads!

Special thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for providing a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

This was actually really really cute. The romance was slightly painful to me because it reminded me a little bit of my past, but it was still enjoyable to read.

What I really loved about this is that it will be the perfect read for young queers. I wish there was more books like this when I was in high school. The only books even r
Karen
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first YA novel, and admittedly I wasn't sure what to expect. If this is the standard, then teenagers today are so lucky. Written in first person from Quinn's POV, we get access to her dreams of swimming success along with how she handles the near constant bullying from the popular kids for her owning of her queerness. Quinn's parents are fantastic and very supportive. Her brother is her twin, which led me to expect more support from him because of the "twin thing". There were an awful ...more
Mikayla Tewksbury
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
reading this made me realize how much i need more lgbt+ books in my life
faith ✨
5/3/2019: I GOT IT!! I GOT IT

This is gay ex friends-to-lovers, and you guys are sleeping on this smh
Brittany Lamb
Note: I recieved a free, advanced reading copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Spoilers Ahead

Here I am, finally, reviewing this book almost two months after receiving it… because I suck at prioritization. I received this book as an advanced reading copy, but as you can see from the book info, it’s now been published for over a month. So yea, I suck.

Anyways.

This was kind of a boring read for me. I always get super excited to read f/f books (and I was extra excited since it’s Pri
Penelope
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
An honest review thanks to NetGalley. This book was amazing, teenage angst just jumped off the page. I loved Quinn immediately and as I was taken on her journey I got more involved in her story and her feelings for Kennedy. I felt as if this was a realistic representation of high school first love and the tremendous up and downs that comes along with that. I laughed and cried as the book continued and still cant decide if I like the ending or not. Overall this is a fantastic read of first love a ...more
Colleen Corgel
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbt, young-adult
As a librarian I am always looking out for YA novels LGBT+ characters in them, so I end up reading a lot of teen romance novels, a genre that I was never into, even as a teen. This is one of those novels. It's a perfect YA romance, with teens who get into so much trouble with their messy feelings, a pseudo love triangle, some drugs, and a gifted lead who is often bullied for their gifts.

Quinn Hughes is an out lesbian, an Olympic Level athlete, and an outcast. Her twin brother, Liam, on the othe
Jamie Coudeville
I didn't realize how much I needed a contemporary read until I started this book. I need to start switching it up more.

I really enjoyed this book. I loved Quinn as a main character and that, for once, she wasn't the one in the closet. It's quite refreshing to read from the pov of someone who's out and proud. Overall, a really great read.

Warning, though, there are some very not-YA sex scenes in this book.
Best Lesfic Reviews
Cover to cover this is teenage angst and drama but completely immersive. So much so that the emotions spill over way after you’ve completed the book. And no, it doesn’t matter whether you are way past your teens – the emotions that the book evokes are valid across ages.

Read the full review @ https://www.bestlesficreviews.com/201...
Alice Bye
5/5 ⭐
One of my fav LGBT reads of the year. Everything about this book was cute and sad and beautiful and hella relatable. I’m glad it didn’t end the way I thought, it’s a empty ending so you can think of your own.
S
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I applied for a copy of this from netgalley..and waited..and waited for approval. I really wanted to read this book so I decided to just buy it. then of course I got approved. Anyway, it was money well spent as I LOved this book. I find it surprising this is authors first work as it seemed very polished. She has another coming out soon and I look forward to getting that as well. This story was ended but it left a opening for more from these characters and I really hope there are some sequels.
XR
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I wish I read this when I first figured out I was gay!
ida
E-ARC kindly provided by the publisher.
------------------------------------------------

"Forget thinking about the pros and cons of kissing Kennedy Reed. I just kissed Kennedy Reed."

World, meet 18-year-old Quinn. She's a swimmer, an Olympics prospect and one of very few openly gay kids at her high school in [insert northeastern US state here; which one is never specified, but New York maybe?]. Her life consists of practicing, practicing, practicing. Last time around, she missed out on qualifying
Nicole Elisabeth
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley

I am having a hard time rating this book, on one hand I thought the premise was cute and overall this is a great debut novel by Morgan Lee Miller. On the other hand I felt like the main character was a little too dramatic and immature at times and overall there were some accusations characters made that I felt were included for filler and dramatic effect but had no backbone.

Quinn is a hard
Quionna (theblacklitqueen)
tar Rating: 3.5/5

Rounded Rating: 4/5

–Initial Thoughts–

I thought this was cute and the story was really interesting and fast-paced in a way that I read it in only one sitting! This wasn’t mindblowing in any way and does contain some tropes that I hate but overall, I believe this was a solid story.

–Characters–

Quinn is a swimmer, an amazing swimmer actually and was very close to making it into the olympics despite her age. However, she missed by 3 seconds and it eats at her constantly and we reall
Chloe⛅
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5/5

Being gay, or any part of the queer community, you have to come out to every person in your life who you want in your life. I wish I could just send a memo out to the world that I am gay so I can stop coming out, but, unfortunately life doesn’t work like that.

I thought this was such a cute book and discussed so many important things! Such as the importance of coming out being on that persons terms not people who think they should come out. How being gay shouldn’t change who you are to your
Michelle
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given this ARC by NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinions on the book. I was first drawn to this book from its intriguing cover which enticed me to read the description and I immediately thought great a light-heart teen high school romance. I was wrong. This book is so much more than that and is far from light heart, it deals with big issues that teenagers experience especially if you are part of the LGBTQ+ family. I rated this book 5/5 stars and it is my first ARC from NetGalley to g ...more
Anabel
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily read and reviewed and advanced copy of this book, received through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I have been reading a lot of YA books about lesbian romance since there are quite a few of them around lately. I'm not sure why is it, but I'm glad that I can finally enjoy a variety of reads about girls loving girls. While not my typical read, the premise of a high school romance between a hopeful olympic swimmer and her childhood best
Mindy
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it
**Disclaimer: I received a free electronic ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

3.5/5

Basically, the story revolves around Quinn, a talented swimmer who is aiming for the Olympics, after failing to qualify for the London Olympics. On top of that, she is struggling come to terms with Kennedy Reed, her ex-best friend who practically cut ties with her a few years prior and is suddenly back into her life.

In all honesty, I thought this story was handled rather well. Quinn is a tough
Morgan Lee Miller started writing at the age of 5 in the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio, where she learned to entertain herself by writing her first few novels all by hand (Don't worry, she doesn't do this anymore). She majored in journalism and creative writing from Grand Valley State University.

Her writing background has led her to work in advocacy and fundraising for LGBTQ+ and animal welfare nonpr