Start by marking “The Door to Camelot” as Want to Read:
The Door to Camelot

The Door to Camelot

(Pendragon's Heir #1)

What if King Arthur had a daughter?

Blanche was an ordinary girl in 1900 England...until the knight crashed through her door. Now, her guardians say she’s a princess lost in time. Now, her father’s enemies want her dead.

Raised in the wild, Perceval has never known his father. Hoping for answers, he sets out to pledge his sword to the legendary King Arthur Pendragon. But da
ebook
Published March 18th 2019 by Bocfodder Press

To ask other readers questions about The Door to Camelot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Door to Camelot

Suzannah
Mar 12, 2019 marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
Hey folks! I'm re-releasing PENDRAGON'S HEIR as a trilogy, starting next week! Book 1, THE DOOR TO CAMELOT, will be priced just 99c at launch, so if you've been putting off reading the story that readers are calling their new favourite King Arthur retelling...now's the time to jump in.
English
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An Arthurian tale which crosses over into 1900, when a young woman discovers she is, in fact, the heir of King Arthur, who was sent from ancient Britain through a portal for her own safety.
It reminded me in sort parts of the recent movie The Kid who Would be King, with Giants and errant knight chasing fighting characters in the modern world with courage, heroism and a touch of fantasy and romance thrown in.

The book is also clearly immersed in the Literature of the Arthurian legends: with Tenny
Heidi
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pendragon's Heir, which was one of my favorite reads of 2018, is being re-released as a 3-part trilogy. There is a LOT going on in this story, but it is all pulled together amazingly well. You will enjoy this series if you are into any or all of the following:

strong female characters
drag
Pris
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, lrobb
The Door to Camelot was my first book by Ms. Rowntree, but it certainly won't be my last. It was quite a fantastic read, and her writing is amazing. With rich descriptions which transport you to both the 1900s and Camelot (and make you experience everything along with the characters), to the fighting scenes, which are so well depicted you can't help but turn the pages faster so that you don't miss any details, nor be left behind in all the action, this book has everything it needs to satisfy the ...more
Nicholas Kotar
This is a wonderful beginning in some ways. I love the Arthurian setting and the old-fashioned flair of the whole thing. It's very reminiscent, in many ways, of Howard Pyle's take on the Arthur stories. But I found myself wishing for much, much more. Blanche and Percival both have their shrill, annoying qualities, and Blanche herself comes off as whiny without there being much internal reason for it. She's a bit flat (they both are). And I really wanted more. More setting, more character, more d ...more
Becca
This is just the beginning of what I expect to be a fantastic trilogy. Suzannah Rowntree's writing amazes me. Her skills aren't perfectly polished yet, but her developing style as a writer is just my style as a reader.

As usual, you can tell she did tons of behind the scenes research. (Hint to all authors: The reader can tell if you were lazy about research!) Suzannah Rowntree is particularly thorough in that area, which adds depth to her stories.

These characters are remar
Kate Ramsey
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This trilogy will forever be one of my favorite works of Arthurian legend. I love stories that don't just speak about high ideals like courage and humility, but make the reader feel their worth, using an engaging story and moving prose. This will be a story I return to again and again when I need to get lost in another world.
Nina Clare
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so much fun! Narnian-style portals between 19th-century Wales and ancient Arthurian Britain, romance, chivalry, giants and wicked Fae.
I'm very much looking forward to the second book in the series to see what happens to Blanchfleur, the time-travelling heroine, and her knightly guardian.
Kaye
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ONE INTERESTING ADVENTURE!!!
Wow! Talk about losing track of time. Suzannah totally rocked this fantastic storyline and spinning plot with on point realism. She pulls all the emotions you feel and intensifies them through you front and center. Man, twixt and twined and put through the wringer with a plethora of events that bring this bad boy roaring to life flawlessly. This little jewel is as riveting as it is captivating. All the drama, fear, danger and uncertainty grabs your attention and
Kim  Gregory
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I quite liked this story, it was very different from so many others I have read. The story takes place in two time zones - Arthurian England and the beginning of the Twentieth century. Blanche has lived in the early 1900's for as long as she can remember, yet she is really from Arthurian England - well, actually, she is the daughter of Arthur and Guinevere! She was sent to this time to protect her from Morgana.

Blanche isn't sure what to think of it all and really doesn't want to leave her comfo
Rachel
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, but not amazing

I liked the story, but Blanche is boring. The other characters have much more interest and depth, but the main character has no personality. That ruins the story for me. Otherwise, fun and interesting.
Andrea Stoeckel
“Blanche nodded, and let her gaze fall to her feet. “I will try. I will try to make the right choice...”The only wrong choice,” he told her with gentle insistence, “would be to let someone else choose for you.”

What if? A premise that often gets you into more trouble than it’s worth. What if King Arthur had a daughter sent away to another time to protect her from Morgane leFaye? Blanche Pendragon, upon coming “of age”, learns the truth and she goes back to Arthurian Briton to take her
Judy Harding
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightfully different retelling of King Author for me. I haven't read anything quite like it before. I loved the ways in which the legend is woven into a different tapestry of events. The knights are not what they usually are and most of the story revolves around a daughter of Guinevere. If you liked the stories of King Author and are a fan of history then you will love this book. If you are not, then you will still love the story.
Meg
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Knights, Elves, Giants, magic, adventure.... What's not to like.
Marti Switzler
Zack Lucherini
Jul 02, 2019
Lisa Dawn
Apr 19, 2019
Hi! I live in a big house in rural Australia with my awesome parents and siblings, writing historical fantasy fiction. You can visit me online at https://suzannahrowntree.site

If you like the mythic fantasy of Stephen Lawhead, S. A. Chakraborty or Naomi Novik, you'll probably like my stories too!

GOODREADS FRIEND POLICY: I'm afraid I don't accept every single friend request I receive, unless we already know

Pendragon's Heir (4 books)
  • The Quest for Carbonek (Pendragon's Heir #2)
  • The Heir of Logres (Pendragon's Heir #3)
  • Pendragon's Heir