Start by marking “Lydia Green Of Mulberry Glen” as Want to Read:
Lydia Green Of Mulberry Glen

Lydia Green Of Mulberry Glen

Lydia Green never had reason to worry much before.

She lived in a timeless Glen on the edge of the Valleylands with her mismatched family of fairies, philosophers, and two troublemakers known as the Zs.

But now, at age eleven, her world is turned upside down when rumors reach Mulberry Glen about a mysterious Darkness that dwells in the forest Tenebrae.

Lydia knows it is no
Published March 29th 2019 by Sprouting Pen Press

To ask other readers questions about Lydia Green Of Mulberry Glen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lydia Green Of Mulberry Glen

Start your review of Lydia Green Of Mulberry Glen
Julie Mozart
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WARNING: a cup of something spicy and warm is pretty much mandatory to read this book. You’ll thank me later.
I’d like to say that the Glen hits you immediately, but ‘hit’ isn’t a very charming word. It’s another world in there, to put it simply. To put it otherwise would take up another novel, and I think you’d much rather be reading the actual book in question than a drawn out review by someone who talks too much. Let’s be honest.
But to the review anyway!
Besides the fact that it literally
Angela Watts
STORY

A smooth pace and a lot of sweet description, this story tackles the plot of light conquering darkness. We follow Lydia as she faces the darkness to save her family, even when it seems she is lacking nothing, every ounce of change terrifies her at first. Eventually, she must choose light, or darkness.

The story is easy to follow. I read it in a day where I honestly wasn't thinking well enough to even bother trying to figure out the plot and plot twists. I'm glad I didn't, I liked just watchi
Gabriella Slade
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was SO excited when Millie asked me to be on her street team and read Lydia Green before the release date. I've followed Millie before her first book, Honey Butter, was even published. I watched this book grow from the first draft onward. I watched her reveal the title, cover, and so on. This was one of my most anticipated reads of this year, and it didn't disappoint.
Millie is such a strong writer. She knows how to plot a novel. She knows how to keep you on the edge of the seat, wanting to kn
Millie Florence
Mar 29, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
It’s release day, and I may be a little excited. 😉
My book has arrived in the world of reality after its long journey on the sea of imagination.
It’s funny because, for me, Lydia’s journey is ending. I’ve written the book, polished and packaged it, and sent it out into the world. Yet for all of you, dear Readers, this story is only just beginning. When that package arrives on your doorstep when you open the cover to that first page and read those first words.
“Lydia had once been known to remark th
Becca Camp
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story was cute and deep at the same time, if that’s even possible! Lydia Green is relatable and understandable, which are very good qualities in a main character. Dealing with “the Darkness” is no joke, and this was very well done and explained.
Olivia Scott
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Lydia Green of Mulberry Glen in exchange for an honest review, and I absolutely LOVED IT. As usual, Millie Florence excelled at atmosphere and mood setting. Some of her descriptions of the "darkness" brought me to tears. She tackled a big, scary topic beautifully and made it seem understandable and, most importantly, able to be overcome. I want every child and preteen in my life to read this book, in case they're ever affected by mental illness, so they know there's always h ...more
LitAflameBlog
Dec 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was so impressed with this young author's ability to write such a beautiful, compassionate, flowing story!
A traditional, fairytale-type story, Lydia Green of Mulberry Glen beautifully creates a picture of depression and growing up in a way that even children can understand. I read this book out loud to my little siblings, and at first wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I ended up LOVING it. The themes of light and darkness, holding on to hope, and learning to accept change is so strong, an
Zoe Anastasia
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was super excited to read LGMG when I first heard about it. I read Honey Butter and loved it so much, so I knew this novel would be great!

Lydia is easy to cheer for throughout her journey of finding the Zs (who were hilarious and crazy) and I enjoyed seeing the story through her point of view. One of my favorite characters was Quill, the boy who lives in the library, and loves books. And the theme of the story makes you think about the darkness in the world a little differently and Millie wrot
Lydia
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is not only beautifully written, the clear message of hope it delivers to the readers is timeless and uplifting as well. The thought that went into it produced a seamless result. This book has earned a place on my shelf as something to be kept permanently. Millie Florence is an exceptional author and I hope to read many more books by her.
Eliza Noel
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved this book’s message of light of overcoming darkness! Also, Lydia is adorable, and even as an adult I can relate to her fear of changes.
Sarah Baran
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
"...this Darkness makes you feel that you are alone. As if the world has lost meaning. As if there is no point to oppose it. But you must remember that even when the world seems pitch black, there is light, and there will always be light. It is yours to find if only you reach out." (pg. 50)

I'm continually blown away by how Millie Florence, still in her early teens, manages to write stories with more heart, charm, and maturity than most ADULT authors can even pull off. Lydia Green of Mulberry Gle
Naomi King
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Okay, it's been a few months since I read Lydia Green, so let's see if I can do this right.

First of all, the world was so beautiful! So well described and very easy to picture.

The characters were great, I feel an emotional connection to the Zs, which is probably not the best thing, but hey! Lydia was nice enough, though I did feel she was a little young.

I definitely am guilty of staying up late to finish it!

Overall, I am very pleased with the story, a cute fantasy novel,that any child will enjo
Tom Greever
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Despite the author's age, this book is very well written - what you would want or expect from a good middle grade fantasy. Doesn't feel like a teen author book. Beyond that, it tells a great story of hope in the darkness, addressing kid's feelings of sadness, dealing with change, and even handling depression. I highly recommend it for parents of kids who struggle with these feelings as a great conversation starter. Parents read it too! ...more
Nina Martineck
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s been awhile since I’ve read a book with such pure and innocent magic as one finds in Lydia Green of Mulberry Glen. As we grow older, we tend to forget that fairy tales exist, but Lydia Green of Mulberry Glen, reminiscent of the leather bound storybook tucked next to the fireplace at my grandma’s house, restores a part of your heart you didn’t realize needed restoration.

Warning - Mild spoilers ahead! (Nothing that will ruin the book!)

I found myself lost in Lydia’s world on every page. Milli
Naomi Kenyon
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Millie is such a talented young author, who develops a playground for your imagination through colorful descriptions and exciting story plots! I highly recommend reading Lydia Green of Mulberry Glen, and promise you'll be swept away with her and her companions as they embark on an a journey to stop the Darkness and rescue her friends.
Although it is nearly impossible to pick a favorite part of this book, I have to say I love the ending chapters (15, 16, and 17) quite a lot.
Her description of th
Sara Francis
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lydia Green of Mulberry Glen is an enrapturing tale that is enjoyable for readers of all ages. Her writing style is outstanding especially considering her young age and she has quite the imagination!

*More detailed review coming soon!*
Violet
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is one of the best I’ve other read. For real. I love the fantasy aspect, and the details and the way it end. (I won’t spoil it for you). Millie Florence, has done an amazing job.
S.K. Cunningham
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book didn't disappoint. I love it so much. Now to get my younger siblings to read it. :) ...more
J.C.
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lydia Green of Mulberry Glen is such a heartfelt and inspiring novel, from the creative storytelling, to the lovable characters, to the powerful thematics. Millie’s tangible writing style draws you in like a cup of warm tea, and her lovable characters wrap their arms around your heart. The story is uniquely told, with many instances of, “Dear reader,” which made for a tale feeling much like a fairytale. The storyline weaves intricately, telling a careful tale of a young girl resisting change, an ...more
Abby
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this sweet story awhile ago, but haven't posted a review yet.
This book was so adorable! The characters were hilarious, loveable, quirky, mischievous, and so unique. Especially the Zs. Oh my word, they made me laugh so hard. It was full of adventure, light overpowering darkness, friendship, amazing characters, plot twists, sweet moments, and moments that made me laugh out loud. Lydia Green Of Mulberry Glen was beautifully written and had a beautiful message about how light overpowers the
The Writer
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could tell from the very first line what an amazing book this was going to be.
Millie Florence did an incredible job of weaving a welcoming fantasy world and introducing lovable and timeless characters. Her writing style is beautiful and flowery with lots of gorgeous descriptions and similes. (Jealous!) the whole thing is intensely quotable.
But what I think I loved most about this book was the theme. It’s all about growing towards the light. It’s all about overcoming the darkness. About hope.
Samantha Watson
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
Living in the Glen with a family composed of fairies, a philosopher, and the trouble making Zs, Lydia Green has never had a reason to worry. But when Darkness suddenly takes over, it's up to Lydia to taken it head first. Chasing after the Zs through a valley, enchanted library, and a forest full of Darkness truly puts her to the test.

This was probably the best "light overcomes darkness" story I've ever read! Full of innocent magic and loveable characters facing real fears, Millie wrote a beauti
Jesse L. Rinkenberger
Wow! Just wow!

This book is absolutely spectacular! Full of whims and adventures and light. I love the characters, it's weird but I actually kind of like Cole, and the scenes were well described. On the flip side, I felt the first part of the story kind of slow...but boy! I still can't get over the ending! So many surprises and plot twists! Check this book out of you want to learn how to GROW TOWARDS THE LIGHT! 🌻
Norman Aguinaldo
Abigail Blessing
Mar 31, 2020
Erin Forbes
Dec 25, 2020

• On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness (The Wingfeather Saga, #1)
  • North! or Be Eaten (The Wingfeather Saga, #2)
  • The Monster in the Hollows (The Wingfeather Saga, #3)
  • The Warden and the Wolf King (The Wingfeather Saga #4)
  • The Tale of Despereaux
  • Every Bright and Broken Thing
  • The Girl Who Drank the Moon
  • Dawn Chandler (Dawn Chandler #1)
  • Sons of Slaughter
  • God King: A Story in the Days of King Hezekiah
  • Radio Silence
  • The Empty Pot
  • The Love of Her Kingdom
  • Bertie's New Year
  • Lodestar (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #5)
  • Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities #6)
  • A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3)
  • Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)
Millie Florence is an adventurous homeschooler who published her first book, ‘Honey Butter’, at age 13. She loves sushi, zip lines, and just about all things yellow.

Millie lives in a picturesque blue house in the woods with her parents and her four siblings, plus a varying amount of cats and chickens.