Start by marking “The Dragon Mistress: Book 1 (Dragon Mistress #1; The Eburosi Chronicles, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Dragon Mistress: Book 1 (Dragon Mistress #1; The Eburosi Chronicles, #8)

The Dragon Mistress: Book 1

(Dragon Mistress #1)

They’re the last five dragons in existence.

To survive, they must form soul-bonds with five humans who are pure of heart and resolute of spirit. Too bad they’re stuck with us instead.

The angry drunk. The shameless man-whore. The coward who ran away and got his comrades killed. The ice-cold assassin for hire. And me, the girl with abandonment issues as deep and wide as the
Kindle Edition
Published October 26th 2018 by OtherLove Publishing, LLC (first published March 26th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Dragon Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dragon Mistress

Start your review of The Dragon Mistress: Book 1 (Dragon Mistress #1; The Eburosi Chronicles, #8)
Gail
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished the preview read of this new RA Stefan series. Can’t wait to read more!! Not sure I have the right start date as I’ve been reading the chapters one at a time as released on her website. Hope more is coming SOON!
Jeene Hobbs
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clash of culture and the return of dragons

This is my first book by this author and her specific brand of fantasy romance novel. Heed her warnings in the book description. This isn’t for everyone.

I however am fascinated by the primary characters and the return of dragons to their culture. I look forward to the upcoming installments of this series.
Teo Ojog
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book that made me miss the old stories of Frella's brother, adoptive father and their lovers. Now it's her turn to enjoy adventures with her dragon and the brave men that join her and help her grow into an equally brave, kind and wise woman. I can't wait to read her saga.
Lola
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love the Eburosi Chronicles and I was excited to start this new series set in the same world. The Dragon Mistress is told from Frella's point of view, she's the adopted daughter of the main characters from the Horse Mistress series and the sister to Favian who is one of the main characters in the Lion Mistress series. But this one can be read as a standalone, although you will miss a bit of background information and knowledge about Eburos. But as this one takes place in a different place then ...more
Katerina
The Eburosi Chronicles continues this time with Frella's story. She is all grown up with an attitude and a thirst for adventure and adventure she finds. From what we can understand in the first book, her adventure is more epic than the one of her guardians and her brother's.
The writing is once again captivating and you want to keep on reading, the story is still in the beginning and through the chapters of this book we meet one by one the characters and by the end we find the connection they all
Georgiana
~AUDIO REVIEW~

Loved story and narration

I really enjoyed following Frella on her journey and meeting her new comrades she encounters. Frella is constantly getting into trouble but not by choice, mostly because she is a little naive to what is really going on around her. Luckily for her, during one of her little troubled moments she is rescued by some wonderful people. These people happen to help her out in more ways than one. Most importantly they are around when she realizes dragons are real,
Lola
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love love!!!!

I just knew I would love Frella's story from the moment I met her (which was in The Lion Mistress books and then the The Horse Mistress).
Steffan did not disappoint. I loved Kathrael and Carivel's personalities but Frella is so badass and fearless. I love her. Absolutely love her.
I also love all the other characters so far. Steffan has this way of portraying beautifully flawed characters and giving glimpses of tragic back stories, before revealing all, that I just adore. I can't
Chrissy
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun Adventures With Dragons

This is the first book in a series that follows a character from two previous series, The Horse Mistress and The Lion Mistress. In this series we see Frella all grown up at age 22, finally having the adventure she always wanted, only it’s not going so well. She’s robbed by bandits and left to die in the desert when she is rescued by a noble woman and her three hired guards. This is not the end of her problems.

I’ve always like Frella, she’s a feisty and independent
Toula
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audio book review
This is my first audio by the USA today author . The story is full of action from the first sentence when the heroine Frella sets things straight.
Frella starts out with a band of people on wagons. She gets a loud bang when a bunch of riders surprised her and the people she’s with . Her mind and mouth let’s loose and the men like it . The men say that Frella has to come with them she has no choice.
The men are interesting , Ari , Raythe and Eldridge form a perfect group even
Jenn
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed

I really enjoyed the start to Frella’s story. Her nickname of trouble is right - if not bandits, it’s and princes and soldiers and DRAGONS. I really liked the flow and premise of a headstrong sure of herSelf you woman taking on 4 equally, if not more stubborn men, and getting into shenanigans. Frella is smart, capable and snarky, but with a gooey center she keeps behind a tough as nails exterior. I enjoyed this book far more than the first book of the Lion mistress. This is
Veronica
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dragon Mistress: Book 1 by R A Steffan takes one on a rollicking journey with a young, spirited, sexy and fearless woman. R A Steffan is unique in that she delivers a well thought out and intreaging plot which carries one ever forward to learn more about her well defined characters and their stories. I love her writing and I love this book. If you are looking for a clean read then this is not for you; yes, there is sex - and very good it is too - but not gratuitous. I have only one complaint ...more
Amazon Customer
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Beginning Book of the Series

I enjoyed reading this story even though it ended in a cliffhanger. =(

I am wondering if the dragons are going to force the group to staying together since there is a lot of anger amongst a few members.

I am glad that the MC is pretty badass even though she let's her hotheadness get her in trouble with her mouthiness. She understands that love is love and isn't ashamed at herself.

I can't wait for the next installment.
Mary aka scooby
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a good start to a series. There are five dragons left in the world and these dragons need to bond with someone . I love these group of people the chemistry was great. I sign up to read a chapter everyday. I got excited to open it up and find out which way the story would unfold. This is a great start to a series and I can't wait to see how the story will continue. I voluntarily read a chapter a day
Kay
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this story! It’s wonderful to follow Frella in her adventures and will wait very impatiently for more! R.A. Steffan has a very talented touch with fantasy fiction. Hot, really hot. And funny and sad and exciting too! Very much a read for adults. And I’m always glad I’m an adult when it comes to this author.
Ima
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Good one

Let's see how this series goes. I think this book was ok for the first in the series. It didn't have a lot of action and nil romance but that's ok. I expect all the excitement in remaining books
Jo
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant installment

Loved the next chapter in these chronicles, Frella is awesome! Glad I waited for book 2 though as the cliffhanger has left me desperate for the next book
Ezgi Sezer
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great beginning

This was my first book by this author and I absolutely loved it. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.
barbara s howard
Maybe the next one will be better...similar to a old movie called Eragon. Attitude toward sex with two men was a little sad. The only good part was the dragons.
Cheryl Murray
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome story!

What a great story! Frella is a intelligent and independent woman exploring the world! And soon dragons also! I am anxious for the next book to come out!

Jennifer Paulet
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good!

I really like this book! The characters are well written and endearing. The storyline is solid and engaging. I was drawn in from the beginning.
Lindsay
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yea

Frella is a firecraker. Another great addition to the chronicles. Love RA's writing. Read it, read them all. Also dragons.
Rute Teixeira
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I only give it 4 stars because of the massive cliffhanger. I HATE cliffhangers.... But yeah this book is a great way to spend a few hours. Frella is an amazing caracther. Can't wait for the next one.
Mandy Sawyer
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant book. Written very well. Lots of action and adventure as well as great humour. Gwendolyn has great personality that she adds to these characters.
Tully Vincent
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: menage-plus
Took me a while to get invested in this one, but once I did... loving it. Starting book two right away.
Jeffrey A. Dewey
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting

Interesting read with a different take of dragons and their soul bonded riders return to the realm while a tryst is evident
Shannon
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved every second of that book. So much back story and I love the characters. And dragons!! Who doesn't love dragons!?!?
Dragonsmyth
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn’t put it down. I can’t wait for the next book. I want to get lost in the world again...plus, dragons!! I need more dragons ...more
ralph parish
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book but cliff hanger

I enjoyed this book. It moved along and kept me engaged right to the end. I did not like a cliff hanger ending! But will be looking for next book.
Britan
Good

Liked it. Kept me entertained the whole way through. I liked the characters and am interested in finding out their stories.
J.L.
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march-2019
This amazing series picks up approximately a decade in the future with the story of Frella, the younger sister of one of the heroes of the previous collection. Possibly my favorite thing about Steffan's writing is their ability to create fully fleshed female narrative characters who each have their own strengths, weaknesses, and personalities. Frella is very different from Carival and Kathrael, but she is an intriguing character in her own right, and her story instantly had me hooked.

Frella is a
Goodreads Librari...: Add book to series 2 15 Oct 01, 2018 11:19PM

• Wicked Blaze Correctional (The Wronged, #1)
  • Academy of Six (Origins of the Six, #1)
  • What the Fox (The Chaos of Foxes, #3)
  • Raster City Rebel (Raster City, #1)
  • Medusa's Destiny (Monsters and Gargoyles #1)
  • Control of Five (Origins of the Six #2)
  • All Foxed Up  (The Chaos of Foxes, #2)
  • Captivated (Royal Covens #1)
  • Blood of Dragons (Dragon Dojo Brotherhood, #3)
  • Fire and Brimstone (Fortuna Academy, #1)
  • Smoke and Wishes (Best Wishes #1)
  • Fate of Dragons (Dragon Dojo Brotherhood, #2)
  • Spark (Academy of Unpredictable Magic, #1)
  • Carrie and the Dastardly Dragons (Fated Mates, #1)
  • Gryphon's Pride (Gesa's Menagerie, #1)
  • Wild Hunt (Academy of the Gods, #2)
  • Hunted (Feral Souls Trilogy, #1)
  • Wrath of One (Origins of the Six #4)
USA Today bestselling author R. A. Steffan lives in a very boring (but pretty) part of flyover country in the Midwestern US. When she’s not busy writing stories about people loving each other in all sorts of different and interesting ways, she can be found taking care of her small menagerie of critters.

A rebel to the core, she is currently sticking it to the man by illegally harboring ducks within

Dragon Mistress (4 books)
  • The Dragon Mistress: Book 2 (Dragon Mistress #2; The Eburosi Chronicles #9)
  • The Dragon Mistress: Book 3 (Dragon Mistress #3; The Eburosi Chronicles #10)
  • The Dragon Mistress: Book 4 (Dragon Mistress #4; The Eburosi Chronicles #11)