Start by marking “Panic Point (The Pepperman Mystery Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Panic Point (The Pepperman Mystery Series Book 2)

Panic Point (The Pepperman Mystery Series Book 2)

When the love of his life goes missing, he'll risk everything to find her.

After Earl’s bride vanishes in the Smoky Mountains on their honeymoon, the former Navy SEAL is certain she’s been abducted. Worse, a storm has washed away any potential evidence, and with nothing to go on, the park rangers call off the official search. Then another woman disappears in the same are
Published March 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Panic Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Panic Point

Start your review of Panic Point (The Pepperman Mystery Series Book 2)
Ruthie Jones
What a thrill ride! Panic Point starts off when Earl discovers his bride, Morgan, has disappeared while on their honeymoon, but events slip back several months to set the scene of their meeting, whirlwind courtship, and marriage. The reader knows from the first pages that something bad has happened to Morgan, but what? Earl's frustration and fear are palpable as he first seeks answers and then plummets into despair when the days slip by with little-to-no clues.

Bill Briscoe meticulously builds th
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This is the first book I have read by this author but it won't be the last!  I think I read this all in one night.

This story is fairly fast-paced from the moment that Earl meets Morgan, to their wedding and honeymoon six months later.  They say you never know where you find love and for Earl and Morgan it was in the dentist office with Morgan treating Earl's bad tooth.  Now I'm not sure I would want to go camping on my honeymoon but more power to those that like something a little different.  Ho
Tom Casey
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-book
This is an audiobook review.

Superb storyline, great characters, mind blowing mystery, A honeymoon too remember for all the wrong reasons.
Very we’ll written.
The narrator does an excellent job on the story, he is very clear and his dialogue helps make this audiobook even more enjoyable.
Jackie
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A gripping story full of suspense. Earl’s bride goes missing on their honeymoon and he’s sure she was abducted. Definitely a breath holding story.
Kristen
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Panic Point by Bill Briscoe is a Novel of grand adventure. The reader is immediately thrown into a situation that puts the main character in an uneasy state of mind. Which simply results to a strong and exciting beginning. This is the pace that sticks with the reader the entire story.
One thing about Briscoe’s work that threw me off was his timing. While Panic Point is a fantastic book, I personally found that I felt like I was missing so much during the time jumps. One day it’s a car ride, the
Saundra Wright
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you have read Pepperman’s Promise, you will already love a few of the characters in this book, and meet new ones to add to that list. If not this is a great place to start! Bill Briscoe’s books are full of real people that you can relate to. Everyone has it in him to be a hero when it’s called for, and bad things do happen to good people. It is how one perseveres that proves your mettle. No author does a better job of showing this than Bill Briscoe.

Earl never thought a toothache would net him
Judy Johnson
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! No spoilers, but here's what you need to know: Missing women, no help from local law enforcement, Earl may be their only hope! Set in the Smoky Mountains, the descriptions leave nothing to the imagination, the story and character development are SPOT ON! Gripping detail and a fast-paced drama draw on your emotions and grabs you from the very beginning. Once you start this book, you'll be hardpressed to put it down! What's even better about this book is that it works just f ...more
Claudete Takahashi
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had not read the previous book in the series and it did not make a difference. It´s a great story packed with action with twists and turns that makes you want to reach the end and understand what happenend. Although the SEAL character appears in many action/thrillers it is not every author who can write about one without making me feel bored by the "unhuman" traits they show. Bill Briscoe does make the characters seem human with flaws and doubts like us normal human beings. Can´t wait to read ...more
Catherine Skyrm
Jul 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Spoiler alert

The narrative starts out with Morgan and Earl in love and soon to honeymoon in the Smokey Mountains. Earl deep love for Morgan comes through in beautiful prose. Morgan is kidnapped from their camp. The search for her is really comprehensive and Earl's agony can be felt deeply. From there it's downhill. The second search was probably right on target as far as tactical logistics go but not my cup of tea. The drama built around the court trial was ridiculous as it was a slam dunk. Like
Kathleen
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, audio
This is the second in the series but the first I have read/listened to the narration. This was a captivating story that kept me company as I ran errands around town.

It was fast-paced. It deals with human trafficking, forced labor, kidnapping and uncertainty. I felt like I was on the raid of the camp as it unfolded. I could feel the disappointment and the elation throughout the story. I liked this so much that I plan on checking out book 1.
C.S. Areson
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
There was a moment when I thought "would this happen in real life," but only one. I enjoyed the book though the topic was scary. The characters felt real, I just wished the topic wasn't (it is and we need to face it, but that's not a subject for a review). Again I really liked the book.

One side note, though this was part of a series, I didn't feel as if I missed something by reading this one first.
Karen Yaworski
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced mystery. Earl's wife is abducted while camping on their honeymoon. Can he hold onto his faith that he will find her alive or will he fall apart from the guilt of not keeping her safe? What follows will keep you on the edge of your seat and unable to put the book down. Quick read.
I was gifted a copy of this novel and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Marie Isabell
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review PANIC POINT by Bill Brisco. Earl and Morgan have decided to spend their honeymoon camping in the Great Smokey Mountains but when Morgan is kidnapped by human traffickers Earl will have to fight to get her back. I really enjoyed this book as it is set in my own neck of the woods. The Smokey Mountains, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and my own Knoxville are all mentioned. 🌟🌟🌟🌟Four stars.
LooseBoots
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book. Really enjoyed reading this. It grabbed my attention immediately and I had to finish it, almost in one go.

Great storyline. Highlights a very important issue as human trafficking is but also explores the morale fiber of the human spirit.
Positive attitude goes a long way .

Outstanding read. Thoroughly recommended.
Ellen White
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good narration brought the tense of this story out, the plot was good, one can only imagine his fear, and how did it happen, well done. Given audio for my voluntary review and my honest opinion
KERRY MIDDIS
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read, plenty of action.
Lone Star Literary Life
Featured on Lone Star Literary Life and reviewed by the Lone Star Book Blog Tours Blogger Team.
Disney14604
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, books
I can say that this book can definitely be read by itself. This says book 2. I have not read any of the others. This is my first introduction into this series and author. I followed the story without any problems. Did not feel like I had missed anything. So go ahead and read it.

Nice story, easy to follow. I admit that I was tired of reading in general and needed a break so this book took me a bit longer to read than my normal rate.

I have one point to pick. Not happy that a favorite and loved TV
Dave Briscoe
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Earl's new bride goes missing whilst on their dream honeymoon walking and camping in the mountains.
When park rangers fail to find any evidence of foul play the search is called off leaving Earl devastated.
Then another woman goes missing and Earl's Navy SEAL training is called upon to help get to the bottom of these sinister goings on.

Another well written novel from Bill Briscoe with instantly likeable characters.
After reading the first Pepperman book I immediately picked up the second and was no
Layla Greer
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this book gripped hold of my attention and didn't let go. I refused to put it down until I read to the end! A very thrilling story and I enjoyed every bit of it.
Cindy Vars
Cycleman
Jul 11, 2020
Jenn Z at That's What She's Reading
description

Given the synopsis, I entered into this story with a tense feeling that ultimately never seemed to loosen its grip! This was such a riveting read, especially once the mystery of why Earl's wife went missing in the first page. I'll admit that I realized early on what was coming given an early interaction between characters, but I was not disappointed in how the story played out nor in its conclusion. Short, fast-paced chapters kept the tension mounting until the very end and certainly packed a dy
Skbotsford
Mar 30, 2019
Joe Gawlik
Feb 24, 2020
Gillian Hargrave
Jul 16, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Moving Target : A Porter Novel (The Porter Series Book 2)
  • The Midnight Caller (Jack Widow, #7)
  • The Murder of Sara Barton
  • Irons in the Fire (Sherman Iron #1)
  • A Lack of Motive (David Brunelle Legal Thriller #8)
  • One Last Step (A Tara Mills Mystery––Book One)
  • First Blood (DI Kim Stone, #0.5)
  • The District Attorney (Lettie Portman, #1)
  • Make A Little Wish (Make A Little Magic Romantic Comedy, #3)
  • Bleeding Silence: (McCall Junction Romantic Suspense Book 4)
  • Cowboy's Refuge ( Fated to Cowboy, #2 )
  • Mossy Creek: A Maggie Mercer Mystery Book 1
  • Infection Vol.1 - Light Novel Harem : Scantily-clad women with big bombs and big guns, trying to escape the clutches of evil zombies
  • The Desecration of All Saints
  • Cliff Diver (Emilia Cruz Mysteries #1)
  • True Believer (Terminal List, #2)
Bill Briscoe grew up in the oil and gas refinery town of Phillips in the Texas Panhandle. Bill describes it as the perfect place to grow up.
After graduating from college with a Master’s Degree in Education, he spent most of his career working for a major insurance company as an agency manager and consultant.
When he’s not writing, Bill spends time enjoying various hobbies, including going to sports