Start by marking “Diana, Princess Of The Amazons” as Want to Read:
Diana, Princess Of The Amazons

Diana, Princess Of The Amazons

(DC Zoom)

Cut off from the rest of the world, Diana had an idyllic childhood on Themyscira. But now 11-years-old, she's beginning to feel more and more isolated. Though she has many "aunties" and a loving mother, she is an only child. THE only child, in fact.

After an escapade goes wrong, Queen Hippolyta chastises Diana for not living up to the Amazon standard. Diana just can't seem
160 pages
Published January 7th 2020 by DC Zoom

To ask other readers questions about Diana, Princess Of The Amazons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diana, Princess Of The Amazons

Start your review of Diana, Princess Of The Amazons
Amy Imogene Reads
Happy Publication Day!

This cute, middle grade graphic novel focused on Wonder Woman was full of heart.

Artwork:
Pacing:
Story:

Diana is the only child in a community of Amazon warrior women, and she's not exactly having the best time. To put it simply, she's bored. Life isn't exciting when you're the only kid in the world and all of the grown-ups are too busy to play.

So, upon hearing the origin story from her mother that Diana was formed from clay and a wish, Diana decides to make her own clay
Chad
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Princess Diana is the only child on an island of immortal Amazons. No one has time for here and she feels neglected and alone. When she hears the story of how she was made of clay again, she decides to make her own clay best friend. That's where Mona comes in. However, she may not be the best influence on Diana...

This is a nice story for middle graders. The art is reminiscent of illustrated books for that age group with a bit of a cartoony, kidsy feel to it.

Received a review copy from DC and
Bookishrealm
Soooo good! Check out my full review here: https://bookishrealmreviews.blogspot....
Darla
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fantastic addition to the Wonder Woman titles with great cover appeal for the middle grade set. Diana feels neglected and unappreciated by all the Amazons and crafts her own playmate from discarded clay and sand and names her Mona. Diana gets a big surprise when her playmate comes to life. Will having a friend help Diana to grow and reach her goals? Some great reminders about our relationships with family and friends along with some young super hero action. Will appeal to kids who have loved ...more
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Diana is too young to join in the activities of the other Amazons, and she has no companions her own age. She tries to fashion a friend for herself out of clay and sand, attempting to perform magic to breathe life into the figure, but her longing for a friend may plunge the entire island into chaos.

I loved this graphic novel! The artwork is colorful and vibrant, showing the clear action and the emotional responses of the characters. It really brings the story to life and creates an energetic
Shannon Hale and Diana, Princess of the Amazons? How could that combo go wrong?

And true enough, this was a delightful telling of what Diana as a child must have gone through, with everyone being older than she, and her not being able to do the things she wanted to do.

The characters were all believable, well, as believable as a bunch of amazons could be, and a child created from clay.

It makes me want to read more stories about this version of Diana.

Thanks to Netgalley for making this book
Debbie Ohi
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this. Diana, Princess Of The Amazons is not just a suspenseful and entertaining coming-of-age story about a young Wonder Woman, but it's also about friendship and finding one's place in the world. I especially enjoyed the friendship story thread, how Diana desperately yearns for a companion and does end up finding one....but her new friend begins making demands which initially seem fun but then make Diana increasingly uncomfortable. I wish I had read this book in my childhood; it might ...more
Shannon ✨
This was a cute read!
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing

From its cover to the final page, Diana: Princess of the Amazons is a pleasure to read and a joy to look at! Shannon and Dean Hale have taken the Wonder Woman mythology and, instead of trying to rewrite it (as seems to be the vogue), they have created a new story of a young Diana. It’s an excellent tale, too, full of danger, excitement, and a shocking plot twist. But it’s also instructive, teaching children that willful disobedience has consequences, and teaching adults about the importance of
Alicia
This reminds me of Anya's Ghost a little because Diana in this story is in need of attention and/or a friend and she creates one out of clay (as she was) but this new friend, is mischievous and ready to incite a battle-- which happens when she "helps" Diana open a door that lets out some monster/demons that the Amazon ladies must battle.

Ultimately, as all middle grade novels of any kind go, there's a reckoning with the larger issues, in this case Diana and her mother, that she does indeed love
Shelley
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diana loves her island, her aunties and her mother, but feels left out and lonely as the island's only child, who is too old to be played with and too young to help. A plea for a playmate made out of clay, like her, goes awry, and Diana has to help fix what she's helped cause. This was a complete and utter delight, gorgeous art and gorgeous writing. Every bit of it is relatable to kids, with a really lovely ending.
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Kasey ♥
**Disclaimer: I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.**

This is a great graphic novel to introduce kids to comics and well-known characters. Young Diana is relatable and her story provides valuable lessons for children in regards to relationships with friends and parents.
Tiffany
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great telling of young Diana full of adventure and beautiful artwork. The themes touch on much one would expect for a child all alone without other children and a mother just wanting to keep her precious gift safe for as long as possible. I have and will continue to recommend Hale's work to young and older readers alike.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the chance to read this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Jordan Henrichs
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm a DC fan over Marvel, so I love the likes of Shannon Hale putting her spin on Diana, Princess of the Amazons. This is a charming little graphic novel, suited for the pre middle grade crowd.

(Read a digital ARC through NetGalley. Illustrations and story felt pretty complete.)
Gabrielle L
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars
Diana
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this, and not only for obvious reasons. :)
Suzanne
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is so cute! I was a little disappointed that the baby cheetah (jaguar?) wasn’t a thing, but the plot was classic Shannon Hale.
SurLeFur ©
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference— Winston Churchill
Pam  Page
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
A great addition to children's graphic novels. This tells the story of Wonderwoman, as a young Princess Diana. Full of adventure, kids are sure to love this vividly illustrated story.
Natalie S
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Got this to give to my sister, but upon seeing it I just had to check it out! First of all the art is super well done, and secondly the story is also really good. It is definitely aimed at kids, but was still a really fun read!
Lily Williams
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun and sweet story about the fierce and brave Wonder Woman. I loved the story and the fact that it took place at that age when she is feeling all those uncomfortable feelings about not being a kid or an adult... but with the added stress of being Wonder Woman. Beautifully illustrated!
Elyse
NetGalley ARC.

This was a fun, cute graphic novel about a young Diana aka Wonder Woman. She's feeling left out because she's the only child so she creates a friend for herself who gets her into all kinds of mischief and more. Diana learns a couple of valuable lessons by the end.
Aeicha
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Diana: Princess of the Amazons is a thrilling and engaging graphic novel that introduces young readers to Wonder Woman when she was just an extraordinary child living on the island of Themyscira. Shannon and Dean Hale have created a relatable, admirable young Diana, offering readers a fun glimpse into the people, places, and experiences that made Wonder Woman who she is. Victoria Ying wonderfully captures the spirit and wonder of Diana and her home, through her softly colored energetic and cute ...more
Holly
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
RAGDOLL RATING: 5/5 BUTTONS

What I thought…

OK, so I’ve been waiting for this book for some time, like, I heard about it sometime last year, saw the artwork and have been desperate for it to be released ever since. So on that note, I’m gonna start talking about the art in this book, by the fabulous Victoria Ying.

Turn to any page in this book and you will find beautiful artwork. Every panel is cute, fun and expressive. I am a huuuuge fan of this style of art generally, but the art in this book is
Ms. Yingling
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
E ARC from Edelweiss Plus

Diana should be enjoying her life on Themiscyra, but as the only child in the Amazon community, she is rather lonely, especially since her mother is frequently busy running things. After helping with some clay projects, she takes some discarded clay to the beach, and inspired by her own creation story, forms a friend from clay and sand and attempts to breathe life into her. She is surprised the next day to find her creation, Mona, roaming the woods, but glad to have a
Randi
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of Diana: Princess of The Amazons through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review!

Diana: Princess of the Amazons is a fun junior graphic novel that tells a story about the important of staying true to yourself and knowing your own worth. It can be tough for Diana to feel like she fits in on Paradise Island, because she is the only child around. She struggles to get attention from her mother and the other adults, but all seem too busy to pay her any mind. Diana
Janelle
Honestly, if you wanted to find an author who could tell a story of Diana of Themyscira's youthful adventures, you could hardly do better than Shannon Hale. Hale's Princess in Black series, the charming adventures of a young princess who leads a secret life as a superhero, was one of the first chapter books we shared with our daughter. We absolutely loved them. DC chose well.

Hale's take on Diana shows us the lonely life of an only child in a society of adults. Everyone has a role to play on the
Magdalyn Ann
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-to-come
Read More Reviews Here!
Read More Reviews Here!

It’s not a secret that I love Wonder Woman. The 2017 movie was the most empowering and wonderful movie I’ve ever seen. I’m PUMPED for the sequel. And Diana, Princess of the Amazons, is the perfect middle grade graphic novel to get all those little Amazonian Princesses (and Princes and other royals) in your life excited about girl power and friendship and belonging.

Diana, in this version of our favorite butt-kicking superhero, is not yet at the confidence and strength of the adult Diana. She’
Kate Waggoner
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
@kidlitexchange #partner

Thank you to @dczoombooks for sharing an advance copy of Diana, Princess of the Amazons with the #kidlitexchange network. This middle grades graphic novel will be released January 7, 2020. All opinions are my own.

Diana is the eleven-old-daughter of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons. She is the only child on Paradise Island and finds herself growing lonely and isolated. Though she has a loving mother and many "aunties," she is the only child and has no one to play with or
RedPoppyReading
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fans of Shannon Hale, comic book fans ready to share comics with their kids, Wonder Woman fans, get excited - “Diana: Princess of the Amazons,” by Shannon Hale and Dean Hale, and illustrated by Victoria Ying, is fantastic! Eleven-year-old Diana is lonely as the only kid in Themyscira and her mom is too busy to spend time with her. Diana, who was created from clay, creates a best friend from some discarded clay. The two friends have lots of fun together but this isn’t the perfect friendship. I ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wonder Woman: Warbringer (the Graphic Novel)
  • Shadow of the Batgirl
  • Batman: Nightwalker
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #1)
  • The Okay Witch
  • Stargazing
  • The Oracle Code
  • Field Trip (Sanity & Tallulah, Book 2)
  • Cub
  • Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass
  • The Deep & Dark Blue
  • Help Wanted, Must Love Books
  • Sulwe
Shannon Hale is the New York Times best-selling author of six young adult novels: the Newbery Honor book Princess Academy, multiple award winner Book of a Thousand Days, and the highly acclaimed Books of Bayern series. She has written three books for adults, including the upcoming Midnight in Austenland (Jan. 2012), companion book to Austenland. She co-wrote the hit graphic novel Rapunzel's ...more

DC Zoom (10 books)