Start by marking “Hay (Made Marian, #8.5)” as Want to Read:
Hay (Made Marian, #8.5)

Hay

(Made Marian #8.5)

**NOTE: Hay is a 25k word SHORT.**
When sports journalist Hayworth Buchanan lands the interview of his dreams, he gets the chance to visit famous NFL coach Christian Lasley at his secluded ranch in Wyoming. Despite the cold weather outside, things get plenty steamy inside when sparks fly between Hay and his celebrity sports crush. But Hay's been down this road before, and
Published March 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hay

Start your review of Hay (Made Marian, #8.5)
Meags
4 Stars

I needed this. I needed Hayworth to finally get his own HEA after being the dumpee not once, not twice, but three fricken times over the course of the Made Marian series. He deserved to find a forever love and he got that here in such classic Lennox fashion – that is to say, this story was the perfect balance of sweetness, heart, humour, and steam.

This shorty put a smile on my face and legitimately made teary, which is more than I can say for a lot of the short stories out there. Talk ab
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I've read only a couple books in the Made Marian series, so I didn't recognize Hayward.

Now I know that Hay is really insecure and kept waiting for Christian to leave him. Indeed, he begged Christian to leave him. Christian said no, but it takes a strong person to put up with such low self-esteem in a partner

This is a cute story and sexy to boot, but I didn't really connect with either MC. There wasn't enough background information, so the story happened in a vacuum.

Bonus points for the great e
Vanna
4 stars!! 🤩💕 L❤️VED it!! I have to admit that it has been a while since I read the Made Marian series and except the MCs I don't remember the other characters....🙄. But as I read about Hay, I did feel bad that he had been dumped 3 times😢 in a span of 3-4 years..😭. I can believe that something like that would leave a scar on someone's psyche and it has. Although he has a successful career, an active social life and a confident happy persona; Hay has some massive insecurities which interfere with ...more
Sheri
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is why I try and grab freebies when I can. I don't think I would have read this series before and know I want to start at the beginning and meet everyone!
Fun snarky humor, steamy sexy lovin', and instalove at it's finest.
I truly don't mind a quick connection when it is done right, and Lucy nailed here.
Thanks for the V-day treat...looking forward to more!
Gabi
DNF @85%

I really enjoyed this at first despite the insta-lust/love. Poor Hayworth has been dumped 3 times in the previous books (Made Marian series) and he deserved his happy ending.
It started out really good. Hay is funny and quirky, I was having fun. But then the drama got to be too much for me. But it wasn't a complete waste of time.
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, short, sports-theme
Yay! I am so happy Hayworth finally got his HEA 😁
Denise H.
***** Lucy Lennox gives us a highly entertaining short story with everything we like.
* Christian, with blonde wavy hair is nearly 6'5", 38,

a coach now, was a football player, Heisman winner, Super Bowl winner, and recently came out to the world. He runs his Flying L Ranch in Wyoming, which is where Hayward must go for his interview.
* Hayworth/Hay, 32, city guy from South Carolina

-then San Francisco, has styled dark hair, full bottom lip, and is a successful sports blogger, out, too.

Hay a
Trio
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy a Lucy Lennox short. She's amazing, the way she can establish characters, show their scorching attraction grow into love, and wrap it all up with a happily-ever-after in so few pages.

Performed by Michael Dean, nobody can bring Lennox's characters to life quite like he can.
Aղցela W.
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a short quick read from the "Made Marian" series. Hayworth Buchanan who we met in book 5 of this series lands his dream interview with Christian Lasley who is the head coach of an NFL team Christian is also openly gay. When these two meet they are crushing on each other but Hay has some insecurities and he doesn't think that he is long-term relationship material Hay was in a relationship with Beau until Maverick returned and with Josh until Cyrus returned. Christian who came out to ...more
MishyJo
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
I liked this much better than the last few.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
What a nice story about a secondary character passed over for love in the Made Marian series. The author decided to give Hayworth a chance for everlasting love in the arms of former pro football player and now coach, Christian. Hay stars in his own sports news podcast that's been highly popular and so Christian, who generally shuns media attention, agrees to an interview with him only.

Naturally the two hit it off and there's immediate sexy times but there's also more than that and over the cours
Jessica Frances
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For such a short story, this one packed a nice punch. Both guys were fleshed out, sweet, funny, hot, and you could immediately feel their chemistry. I really enjoyed reading this and definitely recommend this freebie to any fans of Lennox. While some of these characters are introduced in the Made Marian series, you can easily jump into this one without having read that series and still enjoy.
Lily
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Good instalove romance. Good humor, good characters, great sex.
Cadiva
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well that was truly delightful as poor Hayworth finally finds his true love and his own HEA having been left for the childhood sweethearts of three men.

I loved everything about this, from the meet/cute to the almost instantaneous attraction Hay and Christian had for each other. To the declarations of devotion and the way Chris made sure Hay knew he was his first choice.
Jenn (not Lily)
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Very cute story, even though I didn't completely remember who Hayworth was in the Marian series at first.
Wendy Moore
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So glad Hay got his HEA
Claudia
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this story ... and it is not often that a novella get 5 stars from me.
Could it have been longer ? Yes of course but nevertheless this was really good with a solid story and a well developed relationship

I think it is one of my favourites from this series and I loved it
Angie
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

This was a prolific works Valentine's freebie and is part of the Made Marian series.

We finally get to find Hayworth a HEA! I can definitely say that he has grown on me. This book really makes him more human and I love how deeply Hay feels things. I'm also loving that this is a sports romance!

This is a must read!
HEChapter -Tina J
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ 4-STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

A well-built man in an open button-down plaid shirt in the hay takes up the majority of the cover. Down below, almost missed, is what appears to be the sidelines of a football field. Title font is strong, author font is not quite as visible.
As a fan of Lennox’s MADE MARIAN series, I was thrilled to see Hay get a story and couldn’t wait to sit down and read it.

POV ~> Dual first-person
So, technically, this is still part of the Made Marian series, but it felt far r
Chelsey Nixon
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an adorably cute short story. I feel like there was just enough depth in it to make it feel real, which I always enjoy. 24 hour love stories aren’t really my jam. And I loved catching up with Hay.
Brandy Jones
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
LOVED Hay’s book and the man he fell for! ❤️❤️❤️
Celine
Hay found his man. That was a great story.

They were perfect for each other. It was sweet, laugh out loud funny and sexy.

Really enjoyed it. Perfect short story, can be read as a standalone
cmbookdiva
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: prolific-works
This was sooo good I loved it.
Rachel
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great short story for the Made Marian series. We've met Hay a few times in the past books and with each one he is never enough to the guy he's dating, always leaving him for their true love. So this is a great bitter sweet read because we finally get to see him get his man. Christian is a sexy man who has finally come out in the Sports world so he can have everything. This is a sweet read that turns hot and sexy with chemistry that can't be stopped. Can't wait for the next.
Sydney
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short story! This story, while short, still has all the best the author has to offer. Humor, love and lots of steam! While it is a Made Marian short story, it can definitely be read as a stand-alone. It has been quite some time since I’ve read the Made Marian series and I only vaguely remember who Hay was. This didn’t hold me back from enjoying the story in any way.
Bb
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and very sweet. Hay and Chris are a perfect match although their relationship blooms overnight. Loved both guys and how they fit together. Liked the ranch setting and how they made it work.

Got it free as a valentine story and enjoyed it!
Tracy Perry
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! A insta love freebie book. An enjoyable read. So happy Hayworth got the HEA he deserves. I loved him & Christian. ...more
SMC
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although I think I've outgrown Lucy's books - especially some characters, I had to read this one. I've been waiting for Hay to get his love, an oh boy, did he ever !!!! I thought this was so great, the way they came to be so sweet. He broke my heart a time or two but man, Hay got it good LOL Well done.
DTM
Lucy Lennox!!! TOUCHDOWN!! 🏈🏈🏈 Hay: A Made Marian Short was fantastic!! I am in love with your crazy brain woman..."...And where can I find the vagina gloves? I need size long please." I barked out a laugh. "No vagina for you. Dick only...." So sweet, sexy, funny and warm and fuzzy!! Thank you for giving Hay a beautiful HEA! He really deserved it..!! 💞
Nancy James
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is perfection! I wasn’t a fan of Hay’s character when I first encountered him in Maverick’s book, but from the cover to the end, this book made me fall in love with him!! It gave me all the feels ... Laughter, love, a little bit of sadness for what he’s been through trying to find love, passion! Definitely worth the read! ... And re-read!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Pretend You're Mine (The Protectors, #12.5)
  • Made Mine (Made Marian, #8)
  • The Note (Love in O'Leary #2.5)
  • The Secret (Love in O'Leary #3)
  • The Fire (Love in O'Leary #4)
  • Catching Orion
  • The Date (Love in O'Leary #0.5)
  • Foreseen: Lex (The Four #2)
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • Uncomplicated (Inked #2)
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • The World (Love in O'Leary #3.5)
  • Always Mine (Love in Eden #1)
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • Obsessed (The Protectors #13)
  • The Castle (Love in O'Leary, #5.5)
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

Made Marian (9 books)
  • Borrowing Blue (Made Marian, #1)
  • Taming Teddy (Made Marian, #2)
  • Jumping Jude (Made Marian, #3)
  • Grounding Griffin (Made Marian, #4)
  • Moving Maverick (Made Marian, #5)
  • Delivering Dante (Made Marian, #6)
  • A Very Marian Christmas (Made Marian, #7)
  • Made Mine (Made Marian, #8)
  • Made Marian Mixtape (Made Marian, #9)

News & Interviews