Start by marking “All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound #2)” as Want to Read:
All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound #2)

All Souls Near & Nigh

(Soulbound #2)

You can’t bargain with death if you’ve already sold your soul.

Special Agent Patrick Collins has been reassigned by the Supernatural Operations Agency to New York City. Navigating his new relationship with Jonothon de Vere, the werewolf he’s now soulbound to, is nothing compared to dealing with territorial disputes between the vampires and werecreatures who call the five b
Expected publication: March 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about All Souls Near & Nigh, please sign up.

Simone
***4.5 Stars***
As much as Patrick would give anything to not be part of this coup, he had promises to keep, places to be, vampires to kill. His life could be called a lot of things but never dull.

And it is also full of surprises...
Bildergebnis für dragon eye gif

One of these days... One of these days, Special Agent for the SOA and mage by trade, Patrick Collins, would learn to say no. As if a soul debt to some supreme deity wouldn't be enough, a bargain with a master vampire who shoved the guilt card right into his fa
Dia
4,5 stars

This is the second book in the Soulbound series by Hailey Turner.
As much as I enjoyed the action in the first book, A Ferry of Bones & Gold, I wasn't sure I'll stick to this series because it got exhausting at times. As English isn't my native language I had a hard time keeping up with all the werecreatures, mages, vampires, werewolfs, gods, immortals.

Well in this one we get many more characters, but I got more invested into the story! Much more than I expected.

The beginning was
~Volha~
I really enjoyed the first book in Soulbound series but this one was outstanding! I loved the characters, the interspecies relations, the politics and intrigues - everything melded together into thrilling and fascinating story. Fast-paced, full of adventure and sense of belonging this book grips you from the start.

Between werecreature murders and squabbling vampires Patrick can't catch a break. Still recovering mentally from all the events in June, he is thrust headfirst into a case that brings
Cadiva
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Arhgggghhjjjuhhvvcc - that's the noise my brain is making at how bloody brilliant this book is.

Full review to come when I'm at my laptop and I can get some semblance of order back!

***

Righty, brain back sort of functioning so here we go. A bit more detail about why this book is so bloody brilliant. As with Book One A Ferry of Bones & Gold Hailey takes well know mythological Pantheons (Greek, Roman, Norse) and mixes them up with the lesser known ones.

In Ferry it was the folklore of West Afric
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whoa. That was like edge of my seat exciting. My God. So much action! So much danger! So much adventure! And for me, so much fear. This book scared me and rode right on that edge of comfort for me.

And it has only been two months since they met? What? Two months? What, really?

Ok, yeah. That totally threw me. I don’t know how much time I thought they had been together since meeting in A Ferry of Bones & Gold but I for sure thought it was more than two months, a lot more! These poor boys can’t
Jewel
4.5 Stars

All Souls Near & Nigh, just like A Ferry of Bones & Gold is my kind of urban fantasy! Lots of mythology, meddling Gods, errant vampires, and a thieving, hungry dragon ... in New York City. What could go wrong? It's a good thing New Yorkers can take pretty much anything, because if it can happen, it did happen in this book.

Patrick Collins is settling into his life with Jono, being soulbound and part of Jono's pack. There's a lot for him to get used to, and he's not the type of gu
Claudia the Night Owl
Jan 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
I Need this right now.
iam
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, lgbtqia
Super fast-paced, engaging and expanding the awesome big cast cast of characters, the second book in this series manages to trump the first one by a mile!

Content warning include: graphic violence and gore, graphic describtions of mutilations and torture mainly against teenagers, attempted rape, protagonist is forced to take drugs, PTSD and trauma; mentions of human trafficking.

Before I started reading this I was a bit afraid of finding my way back into this world - there was A LOT going on in
Tracey
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hailey Turner just gets better and better. I was so captivated by this book I pulled an all-nighter because I HAD to finish it!! Her blend of world building, plot, suspense, the twists she tosses on, and the strong, well-rounded and _flawed_ characters make for an engrossing read from start to finish.

In the second installment of this series, Special Agent Patrick Collins and his soulbounded lover, and pack alpha, Jonothon de Vere, are once again pulled in to a right mess of a situation thanks to
Athira
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome-saga, lgbt
I'm absolutely in love with this book. I didn't think it was possible to love a book more than the first but oh I'm such a fool. This book is epic. I love Patrick and Jono so damn much. We get a lot of mystery and action, more about their soulbond and general awesomeness. And Wade is my all time favourite character , he is a cinnamon roll, a teenager who hoards everything and nothing, who can eat up his weight in groceries and still be hungry. We meet most of the side characters from the previou ...more
gimmethosebooks
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heed the content warning at the front of the book.

Much more action and fast paced scenes. I am 100% here for more Wade while also wishing there was more Nadine.

Different than book one, just as good, maybe better? Have to let it sink in.
Tolk
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
*4.5 stars*

I enjoyed this book just as much as the first one! It was fast-paced, never boring and well-written. The story really takes you on a wild ride. I can't even say why I enjoyed the book as much as I did. Well, maybe it was because while there were so many different characters in it, it always came together wonderfully. It made sense. Was realistic. ;)
Can I have more? Please?!
Tina
Complicated feelings on this one. Lots of good character development and world-building, some pacing issues, and one trigger-laden plot element I found problematic (reader mileage may vary). Despite my reading experience being all over the place, I’m still eagerly awaiting the sequel. Full review to come after I’ve digested this a bit more.
E.
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it

4.5 out of 5 stars

“All Souls Near & Nigh” by Hailey Turner is the second book in the ‘Soulbound’ series and continues to follow the adventures of federal agent Patrick Collins and werewolf Johnothon de Vere. Their lives continue to be complicated by the gods meddling in politics and territory disputes and there is still a possibility that Patrick will have his typical effect on his new home city—chaos and destruction—but this time he has backup.

This gay urban fantasy story is a nonstop adve
Austin
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, vampires
4.5 Stars

I need to preface this with mentioning I am a straight-up Hailey STAN.

That being said, I loved this book as much as I knew I would. Patrick is still the grumpy guy we all fell for in the first installment, and I hope he never changes. Jono is still my guy, and I love him.

The soulbond thing was left sort of dangling out there toward the end of the first book without much explanation, so I was glad to get a little more clarity where that was concerned.

There were a couple scenes that gave
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
4.5*

There's so much I want to say about this story so that when I need to come back for a recap for the next book, I'll know what's going on. I also don't want to give anything away so you can live the book as fresh as I did lol.

This story is way better than the first. It still has a lot of people and a lot of letter agencies, but having met most of them in book 1, it's so much easier to follow. I also think this book reads a lot like an action film. I could totally see these scenes being on sc
Elise P
Thanks so much to the author and A Novel Take PR for providing me with an ARC!

It was so much fun to return to Turner's wild world of the Soulbound universe. As I've mentioned in other reviews (perhaps even book 1 of this series), modern adult urban fantasy worldbuilding can be pretty crazy, but Turner really pulls it off here. It's very clear in the execution of this novel that she has spent a lot of time on making sure her UF makes sense, vamps, weres, mages, immortals, and all.

I was so excited
Ashley Johnson
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really can't rave enough about this series. Patrick is a goddamn disaster, but he is now my disaster and I love him. The amount of chaos he keeps falling into isn't really his fault, but he certainly doesn't do anything to help himself. It was nice to have the twist in a different pantheon showing up to mess with his life this time around, but interesting how the groups still interacted.

I was a little worried during the bit where Patrick was going to be sacrificed, and I almost cried when he
Diane Dannenfeldt
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, pnr, on-my-kindle
Well another great addition to this series. In this installment we are fighting Aztec Gods & Santa Muerte who is looking for sacrifices. When a dead Were is found Patrick is called in to investigate. On top of that, Lucien has decided that he is going to take down his "child" & pushes Patrick into helping him. Patrick still feels responsible for the Mother of all vampires death. As it turns out the two are connected so taking down, I forget his name, the head vampire is not going to be a ...more
R
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Patrick is a Mage, without all of his powers, soulbound to Jono (a big nono), fighting ancient gods and (the kicker in this story), death. Jono and Patrick have created a pack. Just them at first, then a kick ass lawyer and a starving teenager who has the best werecreature of all.

When death comes calling, bringing extra nasty vampires, Jono and Patrick are right there to try and stop the carnage.

Lots of new gods, some good, some bad. The gods are very capricious, which I suppose is in their nat
Angie
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

A suspenseful magic urban fantasy MM adventure.

I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this book but it comes out March 19!

This is book 2 in this crazy rollercoaster ride of a series. It is a continuation of book 1 so it is NOT a standalone.

This book was more of the same wild ride as book 1. Lots of action, crazy drama, and godly interference. The writing is on point and you really feel pulled into this mythological underbelly that sits mostly hidden from the humans. The love story, as with
Sabella
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Patrick and Jono return after the massive battle and we see what has happened since then. As Patrick investigates a new murder, they find themselves caught between vampires, the god pack, and what feels like everyone else. You will find out some new information and meet a few new gods. This is definitely one of those stories that you will find yourself muttering at the characters and on the edge of your seat. Can't wait for more.
Joscelyn Smith
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant as always

I was once again blown away. Patrick and Jono are back and in more danger than ever. I seriously cannot get over how good the world building is, there are some gut wrenching scenes than had me holding my breath. There are new characters, I loved Wade's little klepto ass, and more dangerous situations than should be survivable. Now the wait for book three begins.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book*
Lee Todd
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore this series!!
Once again Hailey has knocked it out of the park.
Patrick and Jono's soulbond brings them even closer together as they try and find their way around gods, vampires and werecreatures.
There are still questions to be answered but I have no doubt that they will be woven into upcoming stories and the questions don't detract from the story at all.
Love, love, love it!
Stephanie
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG this is amazing!!! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading this story! This is by far my favorite is the series right now. I just love Patrick and Jono so much!! I can't wait for more in this series.
Elle
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Slow start, but first class writing and world building. Although, in this story Jono and Patrick's soul bond strengthens, I'd still be reluctant to call their relationship a romance. When it comes down to it, this is an adventure series, with lots of action and plot development, always progressing. Enjoyed the secondary characters too, hoping for more background to some of these. Good dialogue also, especially between the MCs, interested to see where these books are going to next take us.
Cassandra {semi-hiatus}
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why are these books so freaking addictive. I finished this two minutes ago and I’m already itchy for the next one...

I need more of my grouchy boy, Patrick, and I need more of him now.
Quirks
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads, m-m
Review to Come
Becca
Mar 16, 2019
Cherrylips
Feb 14, 2019
Hailey Turner is big city girl who spoils her cats rotten and has a demanding day job that she loves, but not as much as she loves writing. She’s been writing since she was a young child and enjoys reading almost as much as creating a new story. Hailey loves stories with lots of action, gritty relationships, and an eventual HEA that satisfies the heart.

You can keep up with Hailey's future project

Soulbound (2 books)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)