Start by marking “All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)” as Want to Read:
All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)

All Souls Near & Nigh

(Soulbound #2)

You can’t bargain with death if you’ve already sold your soul.

Special Agent Patrick Collins has been reassigned by the Supernatural Operations Agency to New York City. Navigating his new relationship with Jonothon de Vere, the werewolf he’s now soulbound to, is nothing compared to dealing with territorial disputes between the vampires and werecreatures who call the five
Published March 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about All Souls Near & Nigh, please sign up.

Start your review of All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
Simone
Audiobook: ***4.5 Stars*** (August 2019)

Gary Furlong has found his groove and hit this one out of the park!!!

-----------------------------------------------

***4.5 Stars***
As much as Patrick would give anything to not be part of this coup, he had promises to keep, places to be, vampires to kill. His life could be called a lot of things but never dull.

And it is also full of surprises...
Bildergebnis für dragon eye gif

One of these days... One of these days, Special Agent for the SOA and mage by trade, Patrick
Deborah
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5*

The previous book A Ferry of Bones & Gold was amazing and one of my few 5* reads of last year. It’s safe to say I was positively giddy with excitement when I started this and it didn’t disappoint.

Patrick seems determined to increase my stress levels as yet again he agrees to a life threatening deal with Lucien.

“I’m going to take over the Manhattan Night Court, and you’re going to help me.”

Seriously Patrick at least pause before you say yes and spare a thought for Jono and us your loyal
Dia
4,5 stars

This is the second book in the Soulbound series by Hailey Turner.
As much as I enjoyed the action in the first book, A Ferry of Bones & Gold, I wasn't sure I'll stick to this series because it got exhausting at times. As English isn't my native language I had a hard time keeping up with all the werecreatures, mages, vampires, werewolfs, gods, immortals.

Well in this one we get many more characters, but I got more invested into the story! Much more than I expected.

The beginning was
Lyn
Audio 5 +++ Stars!
Story – 4.25 Stars

Book 2 didn’t have my heart racing as much as book 1 did. There seemed to be more talking and not enough action and sexy times for me. I know the talking was necessary for strategizing, and as a reader (in this case, listener), the talking did help me understand the additional characters introduced. Afterall, this series has mixture mythical gods from various cultures, shape shifters, and supernatural beings. Knowing the talking was necessary, didn’t keep me
Cadiva
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Arhgggghhjjjuhhvvcc - that's the noise my brain is making at how bloody brilliant this book is.

Full review to come when I'm at my laptop and I can get some semblance of order back!

***

Righty, brain back sort of functioning so here we go. A bit more detail about why this book is so bloody brilliant. As with Book One A Ferry of Bones & Gold Hailey takes well know mythological Pantheons (Greek, Roman, Norse) and mixes them up with the lesser known ones.

In Ferry it was the folklore of West
Corina
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, urban-fantasy

Oh boy, I'm as in love with this series as I was when I started it yesterday. Two books in two days and I'm actually counting the days until book 3 is being released.

All Souls Near & Nigh was as exciting asA Ferry of Bones & Gold.

I couldn't pull myself away from this book. Lately, it's been rare that I'm so engrossed in a story that I rather say at home than meet friends.Last year's Foxhole Courtleft me with a similar feel, but I didn't think it would happen again.

In All Souls
haletostilinski
I absolutely adored this!

It was much better going into this second installment knowing that romance wasn't the main focus (for the first book I didn't seen the note at the end of the blurb and thought it was be romance with a fantasy subplot not fantasy with a romance subplot) and that I wasn't going to get a ton of focus on Patrick and Jono and their moments were going to be more weaved in and out throughout the story.

I was much happier with the two sex scenes we got (one at the beginning
Jewel
4.5 Stars

All Souls Near & Nigh, just like A Ferry of Bones & Gold is my kind of urban fantasy! Lots of mythology, meddling Gods, errant vampires, and a thieving, hungry dragon ... in New York City. What could go wrong? It's a good thing New Yorkers can take pretty much anything, because if it can happen, it did happen in this book.

Patrick Collins is settling into his life with Jono, being soulbound and part of Jono's pack. There's a lot for him to get used to, and he's not the type of
~Volha~
I really enjoyed the first book in Soulbound series but this one was outstanding! I loved the characters, the interspecies relations, the politics and intrigues - everything melded together into thrilling and fascinating story. Fast-paced, full of adventure and sense of belonging this book grips you from the start.

Between werecreature murders and squabbling vampires Patrick can't catch a break. Still recovering mentally from all the events in June, he is thrust headfirst into a case that brings
Kathleen
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it

More rollicking, explosive battles ensue when Patrick grudgingly agrees to help the viscous master vampire Lucien take over one of the local night courts. Mix in werewolves, jaguars, gods from multiple pantheons, and a fledgling dragon, and you’ve got non-stop, blood & gore, blow-‘em-up, spellbound action. I’ll admit I didn’t like this one quite as well as the first one, but it’s a worthy addition to this this wonderful urban fantasy series. I kept wishing Jono would do the big
Leaf of Absence
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: action
The driving motif of All Souls Near and Nigh is quite literally Deus Ex Machina. More than once, our protagonists, Patrick and Jono, are saved from impossible situations by one god or another, Patrick because he owes a goddess a soul debt, while Jono has a god living in his soul (more or less).

This time around, we are dealing mainly with gods based on Mexican (or Mesoamerican) religions - with a little bit of Navajo thrown in - both of the ancient and modern variety. If I have a niggle about
fleurette
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those in need of a great story (also in the second book in the seires)
Let’s be honest, the second book in the series is hardly ever as good as the first one. But thank goodness, this is not a case here. I loved A Ferry of Bones & Gold and I am glad to announce that All Souls Near & Nigh is just as great.

First of all, the plot is truly outstanding. It’s fascinating with just enough twists and turns. With enough action to keep you on the edge of your sit and enough explanations and descriptions not to be just a rush of events. The plot is fully developed
Gabi

After the first book, I complained that Jono was not particularly embedded in the story. I mean, he did have a purpose other than being the love interest. But he was not present that much, he was more of a spectator.

In book 2 I got my wish. We got more chapters from his POV, way more... aaand he even got his forgotten accent back. Yay for that. :) He got a more important role in this whole debacle... My problem with that role however is that it felt exactly like that... a role. I didn't feel
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Pat is back at it...

The gods still can't seem to leave Patrick alone.
New enemies arise.
Patrick and Jono's relationship continues to blossom through the chaos.
Old enemies are still causing trouble.
Jono forms a new pack.
New York was close to being destroyed.
Patrick and his crew come in to save the day once again.
A good addition to the series. I look forward to the next.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whoa. That was like edge of my seat exciting. My God. So much action! So much danger! So much adventure! And for me, so much fear. This book scared me and rode right on that edge of comfort for me.

And it has only been two months since they met? What? Two months? What, really?

Ok, yeah. That totally threw me. I don’t know how much time I thought they had been together since meeting in A Ferry of Bones & Gold but I for sure thought it was more than two months, a lot more! These poor boys can’t
⚣Michaelle⚣
I wasn't as familiar with the pantheon used in this one, so I'm glad there was an appendix/glossary...

This one started off with a little less frenzy, but made up for in a big way later. BIG. HYOOOOGE. Seriously, when/if I visit NYC again I'm gonna be very wary of visiting (view spoiler). (I think I might be a bit crazy in that regard, but whatevs.)
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

This book was even better than the first. I really loved how the relationship of Jono and Patrick progressed. This book was good, it was really good, and I wish this book was 500 pages longer
Alisa
I am very happy with this book. Urban fantasy is my favorite genre and we rarely get true UF with the main characters having m/m relationships. I had read the first book in this series and enjoyed it but felt it had a lot of problems with repetition and clunky world building. I felt the writing was good but that it really needed better editing. I almost didn't try this but I had really enjoyed the characters themselves and felt the series had a lot of promise so I decided to give it another try. ...more
Kristen Burns
4 Stars

Review:
This was another great, enjoyable, well-written urban fantasy book! And this one even had more intensity and emotion than the first.

The characterization was great again. I love that the characters are not perfect (e.g. Patrick's smoking and drinking and the way he keeps his thoughts and emotions and info close to the vest, Jono's temper when dealing with people he doesn't like) but are still so likeable.

Side note: Lucien and Carmen are absolutely terrible, and I want a book about
Sanaa
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Definitely enjoyed this more then book 1. Can't wait to see what the next book brings me!

More to follow!
Alex
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, paranormal, pnr
Just like the first book. A huge win for me.
I loved everything here.
And we have a DRAGON!!!!!

description

Patrick and Jono are perfect together and even if the romance takes a back seat, it's there and we can see that their pack is going stronger just as their feelings for each other.
Love the secondary characters.

I can't wait for book 3. I want Estelle and Youssef to be put down NOW!

description
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
Great Urban Fantasy.

Let me start off by saying I despise the app that makes me think of a title before I can write the review. Yoo hoo! App developers, get on that.

Anyway, I am invested in Patrick & Jono. They are great together.

The world building is exceptional. Secondary characters are real and contribute to the story. The magic is interesting and as much a part of the story as the characters.

One little bit that got annoying, the author seems to think we need a full description of Carmen
~nikki the recovering book addict
4 stars!

This was just what I needed! Been craving something in the paranormal/magic/fantasy genre and this book delivers on all three!

It took a bit to get back into the story because it feels like book one was ages ago. But it left enough of a mark that I remember the story. Vaguely. So I’m somewhat tempted to go back and read the first book again. Lol

I am certainly looking forward to book three cos it sounds intriguing from the little nugget that was the last chapter. And, I like Wade!! I think
Parvathy
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
5 Stars

All Souls Near & Nigh is the sequel to the book A Ferry of Bones & Gold and continues the story of Patrick and Jono.

This book is simply yet another wonderfully crafted story. The star of this book is the intricate story line that continues the overall story arc and has it’s on elements too. What I loved the most about the book is that the author strikes a fantastic balance between the love story and all the other elements. All the elements of the book seamlessly work together to
Nicole
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book and story! The idea of the Gods and all of it is so good!

Patrick and Jono deal with vampires, mostly in this one, but as usual some Gods have come to disrupt the peace and the clans. Patrick makes more promises because he can't say no, Jono is trying to protect his pack, which becomes bigger and more awesome, their relationship is going stronger and I cannot wait to read and meet more Gods and Goddesses from other mythologies!

In this the mythology was not one I knew of but
Joyfully Jay
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay, kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

Today Kris and Jay are back with their review of All Souls Near & Nigh, the second book in Hailey Turner’s Soulbound series. Check out their chat about the book after the summary below.

Read Jay’s and Kris' review in its entirety here.

Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~
DNF @ 5%

Werewolves. Why did it have to be werewolves? Pack, pack, pack, blah, blah, blah. Soulbonds are creepy, not romantic.

It's me, not the book. I just don't care about any of this stuff. Really, I'm amazed I made it through the first book at all.
Kaje Harper
This book is second in the series, and I enjoyed it even more than the first, as we return to our main characters and a host of now-familiar secondary ones, with a few new gods and a fun secondary ally. (Spoilers for book 1 below)

Patrick is still a man driven by the soul-debts and oaths he owes, locking him into fights whether he wants to or not. He's obligated to help Lucien, the ancient vampire, in taking down Tremaine - a wayward vampire offspring who now rules one of the territories in New
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. Even better than the first!

Man, Jono let the protective alpha aaallll the way off the chain this time. And really, he needed to, because Patrick clearly has no sense of self preservation. He seems to think that, because of the mistake in his past, he should risk his life for everyone and everything as a way to atone. At least he seems to be accepting that he isn't alone anymore.

I may have even liked Lucien a little bit this time. Maybe.

I loved the addition of Wade and now that their
Eugenia
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!!!! 4.5 Stars!!!!

This follow-up to the first in the series rocked! Be sure to check out the glossary in the back before reading so you have an idea of the gods involved.

I can’t say anything new that other reviews haven’t already stated much better than I ever could.

If you loved the first, this one will blow you away as the god factions fight for New York!

• The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)
  • Prince of Death (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • Give Up the Ghost (Not Dead Yet #2)
  • NoX
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • Prince of Air and Darkness (The Darkest Court, #1)
  • Misfit Mage (Fledgling God #1)
  • Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
  • The King's Dragon (Fire and Valor #1)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • A History of Trouble (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3.5)
  • Tallowwood
  • Prisoner of Shadows (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • The Mage on the Hill (The Web of Arcana #1)
Hailey Turner is big city girl who spoils her cats rotten and has a demanding day job that she loves, but not as much as she loves writing. She’s been writing since she was a young child and enjoys reading almost as much as creating a new story. Hailey loves stories with lots of action, gritty relationships, and an eventual HEA that satisfies the heart.

You can keep up with Hailey's future

Soulbound (3 books)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)