Start by marking “Frankie (Dream Riders, #1)” as Want to Read:
Frankie (Dream Riders, #1)

Frankie

(Dream Riders #1)

Frankie’s dream is more like a nightmare when her new horse turns out to be Zen – a shaggy, disobedient clown of a pony, who will totally wreck her chances of fitting in at Pony Club in her new town. Zen is everything Frankie doesn’t want – until the magnetic horse whisperer Shannon shows her just what Zen could be if ridden freely.

Natural horsemanship opens up a whole new
Published May 1st 2019 by Walker Books Australia

To ask other readers questions about Frankie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frankie

Start your review of Frankie (Dream Riders, #1)
Kerri
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely lovely book.
I found the cover of this one irresistible (that beautiful pony!) but the story itself was really good. A girl, her pony, natural horsemanship -- pretty much my ideal book!

If you like horse stories, this is recommended. I'm looking forward to the next one!
Julianne Negri
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Confession 1: I was never a horsey girl.
Confession 2: I once tried to be a horsey girl.
You see – my stepfather got us a pony. She was a black and white appaloosa called Asha. I liked to pat her. I enjoyed drawing her. But I probably only rode her a handful of times because I found her terrifying! Horses and me? Well it just didn’t work.
So you’re going to think I wouldn’t like a book like Frankie (Dream Riders #1) right?WRONG!
I have learnt in the past not to judge a book by it’s horsey cover af
Lisa Brockwell
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My eleven year old son just LOVED this book - and he's not even all that into horses! He loved it because the story is so engaging and the characters are so easy to relate to, and so loveable, and funny and warm. Frankie tells such a beautiful story about trust and friendship, about vulnerability and new beginnings. A really inspiring book for young readers, and set in the gorgeous Northern Rivers of NSW. ...more
Melita
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The tagline for this book - Without a saddle or a bridle, all that's left is the truth - captures the essence of this great book for middle grade/early teens perfectly. It's full of all kinds of truths - about friendship, about loss, about love... and ultimately, about remaking yourself and your life. It's a super enjoyable and easy read that also has depth, great characters and an absorbing plot. It's great for both horse lovers and readers who have never met a horse! ...more
Jill Smith
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Frankie is living with her dad. He's depressed and sitting on the couch watching TV a lot of the time. He has a job but can work from home. Frankie visits her mother, who left her father after they moved to the country. This change was supposed to bring them all together as a family, but it didn't work.

She was excited because after dreaming about having her own horse, she's going to get one. Then she meets Zen and is underwhelmed. He's fat and slow and farts. Another huge disappointment. Her mu
Wendy McAra
Jan 28, 2021
Lisa
May 22, 2021

• Girls Just Wanna Have Pugs
  • A Special Wish (Magic Ponies, #2)
  • Pony Camp (Magic Ponies, #8)
  • Seaside Summer (Magic Ponies, #7)
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • A Splash Of Forever (Magic Kitten, #14)
  • Chasing Blue
  • The Millionaire Castaway
  • Earth Angel
  • The Legend of The Pink Unicorn, 2
  • Camping with Unicorns (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #11)
  • The Dark Secret (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel #4)
  • Hamartia
  • Bubble Gum the Sweet Unicorn - Book 1: A Fantasy Book for Kids ft. Unicorns, Pegasuses, & Ponies (Fantasy Unicorn Book Collection for Children)
  • Wilder Girls
  • Sit, Stay, Love
  • This is How We Change the Ending
  • Amelia Westlake
It’s the people traditionally left out of the frame who interest Laura the most, as well as what happens after what would be the climax in many stories. A couple reuniting after the war, in IN THE MOOD; a woman who has changed her name and started a new life, only to find her old life catching up with her, in THE CLEANSKIN; what happens when you break up with the perfect person, in CHOOSING ZOE.

La

Dream Riders (2 books)
  • Storm (Dream Riders, #2)

News & Interviews