Start by marking “The Birthday Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen Series” as Want to Read:
The Birthday Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen Series

The Birthday Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen Series

Its blackmail, blindfolds, and her fortieth birthday. How else would beauty influencer, Senaé Dawson, wind up at a bachelor auction? Whisked away without a say, her besties treat her to a birthday bid at an auction featuring decadent Black men. Inevitably infected by the hype, Senaés excitement hits hyper drive until the blindfolds removed from her eyes. Shes dumbstruck to ...more
Published April 4th 2019 by SDH Books

To ask other readers questions about The Birthday Bid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Birthday Bid

Start your review of The Birthday Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen Series
Empi Baryeh
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As a fortieth birthday gift, Sanae's well-meaning best friends drag her to a bachelor auction, intending to get their friend laid. As fate would have it, the bachelor they win turns out to be her ex husband, Lex Ryde. Neither of them is pleased, as there's too much pain in their past. Unfortunately, there are no returns and no refunds for the auction.

From the moment they meet, it is clear Sanae and Lex have unfinished business. The chemistry between them is raw. This story about second chance
Shannan Harper
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story, especially the banter between the two main characters
J.L. Campbell
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish the writer of this book would put sexy Lex on a plane and send him for a visit, but Im going about this review from the wrong end. Senaé and her girls go out to a bachelor auction and to her surprise, the guy she wins is none other than her ex. They both have regrets, and Lex makes it his business to win back the woman he never got over losing. Their story is filled with pain and bad memories, but together they go on a healing journey.

The camaraderie among Senaé and her friends made The
Brenda  Larnell
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Lexington Lex Ryde and Senae Dawson are an unforgettable seasoned couple who epitomize the lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers theme. More about them later. Welcome back to Southlake Park, and the next bachelor up for auction is Lexington Ryde, the first foster child nurtured by foster parents Mama Peaches and Papa Brighton. Regardless how Lex feels about returning to Southlake Park, he can never turn down a request for help from Mama Peaches.
So, just how did Lex, the owner of a successful private
Alice
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful birthday gift he turned out to be!

Somehow I can't help but think that although Mama Peaches had nothing to do with Senae's friends orchestrating this birthday bid she saw it as a way to right a wrong she did twenty years earlier. Both Senae and Lex readily forgave Mama Peaches because they knew her heart was in the right place. I was glad to see the love between Lex and Senae remained and was easily rekindled. That guy Browning was way past unbelievable especially showing up at
Vondetta Carter
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Senae is turning 40 and her ride or dies, have a super surprise for her. They take to an auction so they can gift her with a fabulous hunk. However, when her birthday mask is removed, she absolutely refuses the sexy hunk of Chocolate her girls have chosen.
Lex Ryder has gone back to his original home of Chicago to help his foster Mom rejuvenate their old neighborhood. Little does he know his past is about collide with his present.
Senae's birthday gift turns out to be the only man who never ever
Ruby
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Senaè Dawson's friends, Lovie, Ima and Dove, want to surprise her for her 40th birthday by winning her a bachelor at the Southlake Park bachelor auction. Unbeknownst to them, the bachelor they won the winning bid on is Senaè's ex-husband, Lexington "Lex" Ryde. They are both shocked to see each other after all of these years. Lex goes back home to California and decides to reach out to Senaè with a date that he knows that Senaè has always wanted. Senaè accepts and her visit takes a turn when we ...more
Tina Jackson
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed it

This was my first read from this author but I will be reading others. I enjoyed this story of second chances, the fact that it was about a more mature couple was an added bonus. Sense and Led married young divorced after a double tragedy meet up again when her best friends unknowingly buds on him as a gift to her for her birthday. Their initial reaction when first seeing each other was anything but happy. The story that I unfolds for these two was hot a very hot and steamy
Nana Prah
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A story that will have your feeling going on a roller coaster ride. The characters are funny and engaging. What they have gone through is deep and tumultuous. I can understand how things didnt work out for Lex and Senae the first time around. The second time around finds them having matured after years of experiences and having gotten over the heartbreaks of their lives.
A wonderful book that entices me to read the other stories in the series.
Felice Foster
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Birthday Surprise

This is a new author to me and I was pleasantly surprised. The bachelor auction was hilarious and led to the first little twist regarding Senae and Lexs past relationship. The total support system that both of the characters had was also refreshing to read.

This is a very easy read and flows from beginning to end. There are some surprises that kept me entertained and moments that brought tears to my eyes.
A Good Read.
Abby G. Amos
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Read!

I truly enjoyed reading this book! This is my first book read by this Author and I am well pleased! I really loved the chemistry between Senae and Lex! They were meant to be together! I feel Stanford deserved a beat down from Lex! This is definitely a book worth reading! I recommend this book to others!
Lisa
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At last!

Senae' and Lexington reunited after 20 of divorce! The sparks fly, the love still there but separated by miles. A week long trip jumpstarts the reunion! It's forever after a much needed talk and connect! Loved it, knew Stanford was certifiably crazy! Lex wasn't having it and in the end it all worked out!
Christine Johnson
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
Wasnt feeling this one

Ive read at least half of the books in the Distinguished Gentlemen Series and for the most part Ive enjoyed them but this did nothing for me. I didnt feel a connection between Lex and Sanea. And for two people to have not been in contact with each other for 20 years they sure fell back in love super quick.
Brenda Maxwell
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second Chances

I love second chance romances. I also liked the way thankfulness to our Lord God was interwoven in the book. My only problem with stories like these is if we are Christ followers shouldn't we follow all the. Have wishful passionate moments, but show the restraint we are called to have.
Rhonda Davis
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lexington Ryde-the-knight

Another great book of the Distinguished Gentlemen series. Senae fell in love at first sight of the the newly transferred classmate, Lexington-they were kindred spirits. They were married and then divorced for twenty years. Imagine Senae's "surprise" when her girlfriends remove her blindfold and reveal her birthday gift.
Leona Robinson
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An evening interrupted leads to everlasting birthdays together

Once over the initial shock of an evening interrupted they are honest with their feelings reflecting on and learning from their past pain. More mature now and able to openly consider how both of them caused their divorce their able to move forward in love . Very well written and developed characters.
Ms . T Gilliam
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
💞 love the second time around 💞

This is the story of Lex and Senae high school sweethearts who marry divorce and get back together twenty years later. Where they're older and wiser and love finally blooms for them. There's a great cast of supporting characters the story starts out great it's a must read.
Anita L. Roseboro
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like being at the movies

This story is everything. Its sweet romance, comedic, almost erotic, and suspense. The characters all bring their own personalities to make a well rounded story. Mama Peaches is a hoot. Mrs. Harrison, this is a game changer. I wasnt ready. So like watching a movie. Well done. Awesome story.
Audrey
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She's done it again!

Suzette Harrison has an amazing way with words. Once again she's left me thoroughly entertained and wanting more of the characters in the story. I'm hopeful that Dove, Lovie and Imma will have stories at some point in time. This was an excellent read about full grown folks living full and fulfilling lives.
Geri Evans
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Love Second Chances!! 🤗

Lex and Senae! Wow! What a journey! What a story! They had a young love, lost it, but through a wild Birthday Bid were able to navigate to a more mature found love and more! Another great story in this Series! Kudos, Suzette! Another Highly Recommended Read! 💜
Tamara
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book so much. Funny, good story line, and colorful characters. Every lady has got to have a group of die hard friends and this character has got the best. They remind me of my sisters lol. I was laughing by myself out loud reading this book. Good job author! Looking forward to reading your next book.
Juanita Ervin
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Why I choose this rating because the so good read and I couldn't put down. The storyline was great and

Held my interest throughout the whole book and the love that couple show in reading their story. This is my book that I readed by the author and I enjoyed reading it. I will tell my friends about the book. I am going to read it again because it was that good.
CaroMommie
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was entertaining, fun, funny, sweet, real and had just enough angst to keep me enthralled.

Lex and Senaé were a perfect fit for each other as they worked through their unfinished business.

The supporting cast was an added bonus without them being intrusive. If Ms. Harrison was inclined, she set up future stories because of how well written they were.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Katheryn
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wasnt expecting this...

This story took me by surprise. The plot was good and the characters were great. I feel in love with Lex. Mama Peaches and her side kick had me laughing until I cried. The supporting characters added to the story as well. I was so happy with how it ended.
Malaika
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This Distinguished Gentlemen Series is not disappointing! I am loving every book and I loved this one. Lex and Senae were everything! This is my first time reading books by this author but it makes me want to read more of her catalogue.
Kendra Thompson
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved BoBo and Lexs love

I was delighted to read this story Lex is a mans man and his love for Senea was true. The maturity was what lead them to an everlasting love and the moments of hilariousness was excellent. Loved this grown and sexy love.
Lee Holden, E.
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Great read, I enjoyed the characters and storyline. Lex and Senae was married and divorced in their teens. Twenty years later, they reconnected at a charity bachelor auction. Lex and Senae realized they never stopped loving each other and rekindled their relationship.
Tari
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

I really enjoyed Lex and Sanae. This is a cute fun story. Two mature adults who reconnect by chance take advantage of a second chance at love and happiness. As with the continuing theme of this series Mama Peaches was there to provide wisdom and humor.
Matysha
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

This installment of the Distinguished Gentleman series was good. This was my first time reading anything by Ms. Harrison and I can say shes has me wanting to see more of what she has to offer.
RenishaCalloway
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great writing!

I absolutely loved this book form beginning to end! Lex and senae see so amazing together. Their love story just was just really good and it it was the last one I read in the entire series. It definitely didnt not disappoint one bit.Great writing!

• Losing The Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen
  • The Reluctant Bid
  • A Bid on Forever (Distinguished Gentlemen, #1)
  • The Contingency Bid
  • Invitation to Bid
  • The Bid Catcher
  • Switched at Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen Series
  • The Closing Bid
  • Lover's Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen
  • The Rival Bid
  • The Renegade Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen Series
  • An Outlandish Bid (Distinquished Gentlemen)
  • The Alpha Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen Series
  • New Year, New Boo?
  • His to Claim (The Westmoreland Legacy #4)
  • Bittersweet (Equilibrium Novella)
  • Heart's Desire (Unparalleled Love Series)
  • Caden's #Situationship (To Marry a Madden #3)
Suzette D. Harrison, a native Californian and the middle of three daughters, grew up in a home where learning and literature were highly prized. Her literary career began when her poetry appeared in a volume of creative writing published by her junior high school. While Mrs. Harrison pays homage to Dr. Maya Angelou, Alice Walker, and Toni Morrison for initially inspiring her spirit and creativity, ...more

News & Interviews