Start by marking “Sunny Day: A Celebration of Sesame Street” as Want to Read:
Sunny Day: A Celebration of Sesame Street

Sunny Day: A Celebration of Sesame Street

Superstar illustrators celebrate the iconic Sesame Street theme song with stunning original art in this one-of-a-kind picture book!

To celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of Sesame Street, beloved picture-book artists have each created an artwork interpreting a different line from "Sunny Day," the iconic Sesame Street theme song. The range of their pieces demonstrates that
Published October 22nd 2019 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Sunny Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunny Day

Start your review of Sunny Day: A Celebration of Sesame Street
Cheryl
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Loved this book and look forward to owning the hardcover. Beautiful pictures with a nostalgic song.
Brittany Baker
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book includes illustrations from eighteen talented artists, and the results are incredible. This is a beautiful way to celebrate fifty years of Sesame Street.
Krista
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A beautiful book featuring illustrations from different authors. It was a blast from the past to read, and it was equally fun seeing old illustrators I love and new illustrators I discovered from this book.
Stefanie Kellum
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I love that this is an illustrative collaboration; it's great to see so many different styles in one book about a show that's all about inclusion and being a good neighbor.
Erin Buhr
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
This picture book celebrates the fiftieth anniversary of Sesame Street and it's catchy theme song. You can hear the tune in your head right? "Sunny day, sweepin' the clouds away..." It's one of those tunes most kids will know for a lifetime. Combined with the lyrics from the theme song are a collection of illustrations by an incredible group of artists. The range and diversity of the pages matches that of the Sesame Street world with all it's color and beauty. This is a book that generations ...more
Amanda
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This makes my heart so happy; thank you for this slice from my childhood and all the different illustrators. Yes, I sang along as I looked through (though I remembered slightly different lyrics towards the end with the whole "it's a magic carpet ride part...); okay, now I will have to Google and see.

Update: well, I was wrong, but I was right, but I was wrong. What is written in the book was not the original lyrics. And I filled in the lyrics wrong when I was a little kid. In the original Raposo
Shanee
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Was dying to get my hands on this because Christian Robinson, Emily Winifieled Martin, Kenard Pak and Sean Qualls were all in the same place!
Pros: illustrators are obv great and the concept is cute and nostalgic butttt there's one fail. It's pretty difficult to determine which illustrators did what (illustrator's names aren't listed in corner of works and there's no table of contents--you can find illustrator bios in the back.
Kelly
So awesome how they did this with a variety of illustrators, one for each spread. A couple people I'd never heard of, a couple that were easy to tell who they were, and some surprises! I wish it came with a CD with the song, though I guess for just one short song that would be not much for a whole CD. Maybe there's an audio version?
Aeicha
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Various powerhouse illustrators bring Joe Raposo’s iconic and beloved Sesame Street theme song, “Sunny Day”, to life in this sunny picture book, bursting with bright colors, diverse characters, and lots of joy. Will have smiling little readers singing along again and again! ...more
Julie
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picturebooks
I liked seeing how a variety of artists chose to illustrate each spread of the Sesame Street theme song. Some were familiar and others new to me. Each illustrator has a brief bio at the back of the book.
The Bookish Austin
I love all the artwork! <3
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love how they showcased a wide variety of illustrators.
Edward Sullivan
Nov 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: songs, picture-books
A nice variety of illustrations by a collection of great artists.
Elizabeth
I love all the contributing illustrators in this book and their different illustrations!
Annese
Love the artist showcase style of this book!
Jessica
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so fun! I especially liked the last page (by the illustrator of "After the Fall) and the cover under the dust jacket. Highly recommended!
Krysta
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
I love how the book features many different illustrators!
Amy
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books, pre-k
Purely nostalgic for me as Sesame Street was a big part of my childhood. And purely wonderful with contributing illustrators as amazing as Christian Robinson, Dan Santat, and more!
Beth
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A celebration of the Sesame Street theme song "Sunny Day" in this gorgeous picture book.
Engel Dreizehn
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and vibrant tribute to the theme song and highly recommended for new and old fans of Sesame street! Surprised so many illustrators contributed!
Mallory Hargett
Great book with a musical piece for an interactive lesson.
Maeve
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS
Earl
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The classic theme song from the beloved children's television program is brought to life by many of today's most talented illustrators in time for the show's fifty-year anniversary.
Books Around the Corner

• Sulwe
  • A Stone Sat Still
  • Just Because
  • Saturday
  • How Do You Go to Sleep?
  • Pokko and the Drum