Start by marking “Visits from the Afterlife: The Truth About Ghosts, Spirits, Hauntings and Reunions with Lost Loved Ones” as Want to Read:

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  1,171 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
In this volume, Sylvia Browne describes her personal encounters with ghosts and explains their appearances. In visiting haunted homes, ships and other locations she comes face to face with troubled spirits who are still unaware of their own fate.
Published July 1st 2006 by Piatkus Books (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Visits from the Afterlife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visits from the Afterlife

Cynthia
As of May 30th, 2008, I became an orphan. My dad died. I miss him so much. The ache, the longing is indescribable. Just as people stop asking about it, it gets worse. It's always with me. I am checking out SB's books to see what I can find. They were recommended by a compassionate friend, after a peer of mine died last year. I'm just getting to it.

The book starts out pretty well. I like how Browne explains the differences between variant phenomena. Some things hit home for me. She says that spi
Janine
Oct 02, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was completely kooky and out there. I read this book while working as an editorial assistant for a small publication after receiving a press release about an upcoming appearance by Syliva Browne. I breezed through this book pretty quickly. While there were some interesting bits of information, it wasn't particularly memorable and the impression that I got was that Syliva Browne is just a bit nuts.
Ronnie Frost
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Idea I find Most Provocative was that everyone pass over to the outside sprint and then sometimes the spirit gets stuck here on earth even though this might not be real to some people it is still cool that something that is not seen by most people so your soul can live on forever in an afterlife on the outside I believe that your spirit is stronger than your body and in this book she talks about how the spirit is the part of you that takes the beating your physical body shows scare but your ...more
Lori
Oct 21, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read several of Sylvia Browne's books, this is another one that is an easy to read, entertaining account of Sylvia's experiences. She again gives readers her interpretations of hauntings, spirit visitation , imprints, and all kinds of stuff in between. This is territory that is revisited by Browne, but is presented in a way that is review rather than redundant. What was especially good, were the numerous accounts sent in by readers who share their unique experiences both good, bad and mys ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another one of Sylvia Browne's books. It's primarily a book about ghosts, along with some information on what happens to recently deceased people, and how they can be trapped or voluntarily stay in this realm, move on to a higher realm, or go through a left-hand door and reenter this realm by being born in the body of a new baby.

Skeptics, of course, would have a field day with this book. They would claim everything was lies, delusions, etc. What they fail to understand is that the only
Virginiamichelle
I consider myself as an open-minded skeptic, where I know everything is a possibility but at the same time I don't want to be agreeing to anyone so easily just because they have a strong fan-base. That said I did found this book very interesting. It also started to make me question my doubts I had in my religion that I had been battling with. The number one thing I got out of this book was that she reminded me of how easy it was to innocently put your trust in God when you feel you need some pr ...more
Kathy
Nov 03, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"psychic attacks: depressions that are those flat feelings that nothing matters much, that there's nothing to look forward to, that we're in a rut we don't have the energy, the motivation, or the inspiration to get out of, and that we can't remember what it's like to be excited about something, or even just to laugh and really mean it. those depressions aren't fun, but they come and go through life in varying degrees, and we either learn to rely on the fact that they'll pass or we get profession ...more
Christina Vetter
Jun 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Sylvia Browne book I've read. I really liked it! Obviously she talks about ghosts and the spirit world going into thorough detail about what each is and also her own experiences over the years as a psychic. She talks about other people's experiences that have written to her regarding their own spiritual happenings, deceased celebrities, and haunted places in the U.S. So it's a nice mix of everything in one book. I am a believer of the spirit world, so this book was definitely in ...more
Ericka
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've mentioned elsewhere that I'm partial to Sylvia Browne and I enjoyed this book as well. I have developed my beliefs without Ms. Browne's assistance and I've come to many of the same conclusions. I believe her concept of a loving God is accurate and it makes hauntings a more positive experience. I've had very good experiences with ghosts and spirits and they're very similar to what she describes.
Caitlin
Oct 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who have questions about ghosts & spirits
A great book that proves there is an afterlife and those whom we lost here on earth, are always with us. I strongly recommend this book to anyone who believes in ghosts & spirits (Yes there IS a difference). It will also make you see that some of the little things in life, like "misplacing" our keys, that we overlook is really a loved one or spirit guide from the other side trying to tell you that they are there for you and always will be.
Sammantha
Dec 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I would give this book a five star. Since being interested in the whole ghost and spirits. I really enjoyed it. I learned alot more and stuff I never knew. Spirits are the people whose lives have made it to the other side, ghosts are the ones who didn't go to the white light and stayed behind. Also I am very interested in Sylvia Browne and the work she does. She talks about famous people who have passed away. It was really neat to read about what happen to them and where they are now! :)
SimsationalSimmer
It was very informative and insightful to my experiences I had. it helped me better understand the things I had saw as a teenager and taught me the difference between ghost and spirits. a good recommendation for anyone just getting into the spiritual realm. when no one else believed what I had saw, this book did.
Bebe Burnside
Nov 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion, spiritual, ghost
Like all of Sylvia Browne's books this one provides a lot of information so you can decide if you believe in ghosts or not. The second to last ghost story in the book really hit a nerve with me. I don't want to give it away, but now I want to do some more research and learn more about this murder.
Natalie Lozano
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a very good read. I enjoyed it. It was a longer read than usual for me because some of the stories were so emotional. I learned a lot, and I liked how Sylvia Brown is adamant about being honest. I think anyone interested in paranormal events and experiences should read it.
Michelle
Very interesting stories but I will not read anymore of her stories. There is a lot about "I" and "Me" in this book, I felt she was tooting her own whistle too much in the book and I wanted to read more about the stories themselves than to read her explain how she is "real" and not "fake" and so forth. Just write what you know, it doesn't matter who believes it or not.
No one has ever said that Sylvia Browne or should I say her ghost writer Lindsay Harrison can write any better than your average 15 year old, BUT they do know how to write what sells. And who doesn't like to think that our relatives can drop in on us once in awhile? :)
Diane Wachter
Sylvia Browne with Lindsay Harrison, The Truth About Hauntings, Spirits and Reunions With Lost Loved Ones. HB-B @ 2003, 6/04. An interesting book, Browne explains the reasons behind many of the world's most bizarre and mysterious hauntings. Good.
Kristin
Dec 15, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2009
i used to like reading her books then i heard she was a "fraud". so it kinda took the wind outta my sails. Took me a long time to read this book. Maybe she's not a fraud. I don't know what to believe.
Lorraine Carey
Apr 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Sylvia as she conveys her messages to the reader in such a down to earth style! I also loved the compilation of ghost stories at the end. You can tell Sylvia has great passion as you can feel each paranormal adventure she encounters by her vivid words of passion.
Robin Murphy
Aug 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and Sylvia Browne! This helped me tremendously with my research for my second book in the series after Sullivan's Secret. A must read!
Denise Halter
Aug 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even if you don't believe all Sylvia writes about this is a fun read, especially around Halloween ;)
Susan
Jan 20, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
She has interesting stories. I like her "matter of fact" way of how she "sees" and explains things.
Pat
Mar 18, 2013 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Well put together explanation of the various spirits etc. a person might bump (sort of) into here on Earth. Stories and other examples of actual experiences. Easy enough to read for younger readers.
Dragonflydreamer68
Jul 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: afterlife
This one was the best of all her books I read.
Sharon
I liked it. I found it on my Aunt Bobbie's night table after she passed away. I wonder if she was getting into this because of her husband, my Uncle Jerry?
Kristin Crawford
Still reading
Sue
Jul 23, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
interesting
Melissa
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is gonna stay with me for a long time. Whether you believe it or not it's a fascinating book. I can't wait to read more by her!
Jessica
Sep 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love it.
  • My Life With Sylvia Browne
  • One Last Time: A Psychic Medium Speaks to Those We Have Loved and Lost
  • When Ghosts Speak: Understanding the World of Earthbound Spirits
  • Life Among the Dead
  • Don't Kiss Them Good-bye
  • Healing with the Angels: How the Angels Can Assist You in Every Area of Your Life
  • Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life
  • Hello from Heaven: A New Field of Research-After-Death Communication Confirms That Life and Love Are Eternal
  • We Don't Die: George Anderson's Conversations with The Other Side
  • Haunted Ohio II: More Ghostly Tales from the Buckeye State (Buckeye Haunts)
  • Ghosts I've Met
  • Mindlight: Secrets of Energy, Magick & Manifestation
  • Growing Up Psychic: My Story of Not Just Surviving but Thriving--and How Others Like Me Can, Too
  • The Eagle and the Rose: A Remarkable True Story
Sylvia Browne was a number one New York Times–bestselling author and world-famous psychic. She appeared regularly on The Montel Williams Show and Larry King Live and made countless other media and public appearances. She was the founder of a church, the Society of Novus Spiritus.
More about Sylvia Browne...