Start by marking “Catching Blue Jay (Oklahoma Hearts #1)” as Want to Read:
Catching Blue Jay (Oklahoma Hearts #1)

Catching Blue Jay

(Oklahoma Hearts #1)

After years of separation and silence, former best friends find not only each other, but also the attraction that still flares hot as ever. Will fears of the past and the return of a former fiancé cost them their second chance?

The disappearance of his best friend at 15 had Aidan battling his way through depression and suicidal thoughts to become a well-known software dev
Published March 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Catching Blue Jay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catching Blue Jay

Start your review of Catching Blue Jay (Oklahoma Hearts #1)
Anabela.M.
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At 15,just before Jayson had to move to other town, Aiden kissed him. But Jayson didn't react well, running and never keeping in touch afterwards, throwing Aiden into a deep depression for years.
They see each other 10 years later, just as Jayson is being left at the altar by his fiancee.
This is a sweet book about second chances, and really liked how the author helped the characters reconnect and build on the feeling they already had for each other.
Nic
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute

This was a cute story. Old friends who lost contact with each other some how are living in the same city and have friends in common meet up again. The question is can they make a relationship between them work now that they are older?
Cosette
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable characters, great and sweet storyline, well written. I loved to read about those two and their story. It´s a sweet story, funny and touching. I laughed and cried while reading and ended up reading it on one afternoon.
Joy  Avery
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A simply adorable love story. Second chance romance is my favorite to read. I loved this one! Aiden and Jayson were best friends who both harbored feelings for each other but were too afraid to admit them. Jayson has to move away but not before Aiden makes a move that has Jayson running away without even saying goodbye. They meet again ten years later when Aiden unknowingly attends Jayson's wedding. Thankfully because he has a man I grew to despise as a groom, they get their second chance. I tru ...more
Jody Bland
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG loved this book. It made me cry a little, laugh a little, but overall made me happy. Love when soul mates find each other.
Lauren Bugbee
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, Cute, and Simple

This is one of those good reads when you need a book with little to no angst and you just want a little pick me up love story.

Catching Blue Jay is one of those books where the couple begins as childhood best friends but one of them has to move away. Then, the author takes us on their cute and wonderfully crazy journey of finding their way back to each other.

Fair warning this book has lots and lots and.... LOTS of lovin’!
Lisa Merlino
Personally this book didn’t do anything for me. I found it to be extremely predictable and boring to boot. I tried to keep an open mind but just could not get enthused about this book. The characters were really generic and the theme didn’t have anything to grab you with. I’d take a pass.
Anna Torres
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A tale of second chances

A sweet love story of two MCs who had a rough awakening to their own sexuality when they were young and were torn away from each other, it was a random but pivotal event in their family’s lives that separated them when they were young. Meeting again when they were adults reawakened those dormant feelings that got aborted in the past. Past experiences are now foremost in their minds before they can totally give in to their feelings. The longing and the resurgence of feelin
KLB
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, this was a decent, sweet read and has the potential to be a great series. Some grammatical errors made a few sentences awkward to follow, but nothing too distracting. Aidan and Jayson were childhood friends who ended their friendship after Jayson moves, breaking both of their hearts. As Aidan and Jayson reunite and make their way back to each other, the story becomes a bit predictable. For the most part, I liked both main characters but found myself wishing I were more invested in their ...more
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
I really enjoyed Jacy Braegan's Catching Blue Jay. The first book in the Oklahoma Hearts, I am hopeful this will be a wonderful series.

A great second chance romance, as former best friend's Aidan and Jayden are reunited years later. And where are they reunited? At Jayden's wedding. Oh hell yes!

Their story is full of pain, hurt, and forgiveness, as they need to overcome broken promises. It's definitely sweet as these men work through some tough trust issues. I enjoyed every minute of their strugg
Belinda Zamora
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this second chance romance. Jay and Aidan were best friends when they were teens. Jay's family was moving and they were being separated. Aidan takes a chance and tries to tell Jay how he feels about him. Jay runs out of fear. Ten years later their paths cross again on what should have been the happiest day of Jay's life. Instead it ends in heartbreak and Aidan witnesses it. They have a another encounter in a club and Jay runs once again. This time Aidan's not letting him go so ...more
Rachel H.
I had the great pleasure of reading the ARC of this book. I loved it. I would give it a rare 5 stars.
Have tissues handy for this emotional rollercoaster.
10 years ago in the face of separation Aiden makes a move to convey his feelings, only to have Jayson run away and never contact Aiden again.
10 years later Aiden's roommate needs a plus one for a wedding. Aiden is surprised to find his childhood crush standing up front.
Jayson is on top of the world, ready to marry his boyfriend. Only the boyfrie
Amy Dahmen
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adored this story. Aiden and Jayson were separated as teens. Years down the road after heartache they were reunited at Jayson's wedding to mister wrong who abandoned him at the altar. I could not put this book down from page 1 and read it straight through. Eventually the main characters reunited and true love came to be. Even in love there was pain and heartache, but it built the strength of the main characters. I am very eager to read more of this series after the strength of this opener. I w ...more
Faye K
💞 A great start and it got me straight away into the story. I loved what happens next after the prologue. Lady fate is playing with heart strings or it just might be Jayden. Aiden was hurt when Jayden left the first time although he had too. Now a second time and a third but would a fourth time be lucky for Aiden to connect again. Damm this is a fantastic book to read. I absolutely loved the ending of this. A fast paced story with baggage and meantions of suicide.

15 years ago Aiden didnt get hi
Breanna Kay
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you love a second chance romance, this book is you! Aiden & Jayson were best friends with secret feelings for each other until Jayson had to move well fast forward ten years later where the meet up again.

I really enjoyed reading about Aiden and Jayson it was an easy read with little angst. This story was well written and she made the characters come to life. There was some predictability but I was smiling by the end. I'm looking forward to more of this author and would recommend!
Denise
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book.

All in all this author did well for her first book. There were some inconsistencies and grammar errors but I have seen those same things from Best Selling Authors as well. I usually stop reading a book if it doesn't grab my attention fairly early in the book, this book was able to do so. She even threw a little curve ball to the story that kept you interested. I would definitely read the next book by this author!
Kristin Grella
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!

An amazing debut novel for Jacy Braegan. It drew me in from the very first page and I couldn't put it down. Some of my favorite romances are friends to lovers and second chance and this one didn't disappoint. I absolutely loved Aidan and Jayson and I didn't want their story to end. Can't wait for the next book in the series. Loved it!! Congratulations on a job well done J.B.!! I highly recommend reading this book!!
Sue
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put it down. I know, everyone says that but truly I started it this morning and I finished it this morning. Jayson and Aidan had me from the first word and that first kiss broke my heart. Never fear, they fixed it again. So good and I really hope there's more. Just, can we maybe have Blake have an unfortunate accident? Just saying, he might deserve it a little. ...more
Keeli Brown
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet and charming love story with well written characters. The story has the reader cheering for both main characters to get their well deserved HEA. The story has little angst and is a tad predictable, but leaves the reader smiling. I enjoyed it and look forward to more books in the series.
Tricia
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have a feeling I am going to need to follow this series!

Jayson and Aidan were a joy to read! The fact that they were so close, and managed to not run into each other made the reunion all the sweeter!
I appreciate a story that touches on the deep feelings, and even the darkness of the past, but remains low angst. I wish I knew who in the circle of friends would be next!!
Stephanie
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love this second chance at love! I just love Jay and Aidan. This is just such a sweet story. I couldn't get enough of it. I love see how their relationship grows after reuniting again. This story just made me so happy. ...more
Leci Forde
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet love story

I enjoyed this low angst, sweet love story! Second chance romance with wonderful characters. Jayson and Aidan were former best friends that were separated when Jay moved away. They reconnect after a decade... really good story!
Keith
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not What I Expected

I should have stopped with the preview. The story continues, through several very long sex scenes, and then — massive miscommunication! Because, of course ...

I felt cheated.
Jvles
Feb 14, 2021 rated it liked it
The story was quite sweet. I did not dig the writing style though. It felt a little amateurish. It seems like this was a very early (the first?) book of this author, so it probably gets better with the newer books.
Nuvolachecorre
Mar 29, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: prestiti
I simply cannot connect with the MCs, their psychological issues are treated with superficiality and carelessness and the plot is lacking.
D Bir
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute friends to lovers MM novel. The two main characters were well thought out. Both Aiden and Jayson have personal obstacles to work through to find a happy ending.
Patricia Nelson
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a poignant, sweet, engaging, grab-you-by-the-feels, lovely, sexy, fantastic, charming, and totally awesome story about soulmates and second chances.
Baylin Crow
Mar 19, 2019
E.L. Nelson
Apr 23, 2019
Krista
Mar 20, 2019

• Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities, #1)
  • The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)
  • Thirst for You (Beyond the Cove #2)
  • Watch Me
  • Gravity (Written in the Stars #2)
  • Ranger
  • Drawn to You (Beyond the Cove, #1)
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Dirty Forty (Friendship and Desire #1)
  • Cuffed (College Admissions, #2)
  • Rules to Follow (Davey's Rules #1)
  • Long Way Home
  • Obedience (Submission #1)
  • Project Hero
  • Swallow (Forbidden Desires Spin-off #1)
  • One Night Only: A Sugar Beach Novella
  • Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)

News & Interviews