Start by marking “Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire, Book 1)

Empire of the Vampire

(Empire of the Vampire #1)

TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS HAVE PASSED SINCE THE LAST SUNRISE…

A sensational new epic fantasy trilogy from the bestselling author of The Nevernight Chronicle.

Expected publication: September 17th 2021 by HarperVoyager (first published September 7th 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Empire of the Vampire, please sign up.
Jasper Kenneth Same question. Sad I thought it will be LGBT theme. LOL
Sarah Empire of the Vampires is definitely an Adult book. It might be ok for older teens though depending on what they're comfortable with.…moreEmpire of the Vampires is definitely an Adult book. It might be ok for older teens though depending on what they're comfortable with.(less)

Start your review of Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire, Book 1)
Jay Kristoff
Oct 24, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
EMPIRE OF THE VAMPIRE is not a book for children.

It's basically what would happen if INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE

hooked up with NAME OF THE WIND

description

in an S&M club while all eight seasons of GAME OF THRONES streamed in the background (consecutively not simultaneously).

description

It is not a book for children.

description

It concerns an ex-monster-slayer named Gabriel de León, who was once quite-the-awesome but has been having a tough time of late and has become a bit of an edgelord

description

but he mostly gets away with his drunken
chai ♡
Me: I wish there were more books about vampires

*Jay Kristoff announces his upcoming book about vampires*

Me: God???? Is that you???
NReads
Apr 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
wow I thought I was over vampires but suddenly I am not
Helena of Eretz ✰
First, Renée Ahdieh...now, Jay Kristoff...VAMPIRES ARE MAKING A COMEBACK!

Me:

Also me:
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
HOLY SHIT BALLS! A NEW VAMPIRE TRILOGY FROM JAY!!!!! MY FINGER IS POISED FOR THE PREORDER BUTTON!!!!!!!! AND THERE IS GOING TI BE ILLUSTRATIONS! I’M IMPATIENTLY AWAITING HIS NEXT EMAIL TO PREORDER!!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
OMG!!! Vampires are on the rise again!?
Quite literally as it seems! At least in this book!

I only have to hear Jay Kristoff and vampires and I'm already thrilled because damn that man can write and everything I read of him so far was amazing and surprising!

So YES to this!
I can't wait to read Kristoff's take on vampires!
September 2021 though! 😭😭😱

P.S: I love that the title rhymes. XD
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I KNEW IT. I KNEW IT WOULD BE VAMPIRES AND I'M SO EXCITED I COULD CRY 😭😭😭 ...more
Elle (ellexamines)
I feel like vampires are only actually good about 20% of the time but god I can’t wait for this
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
No romantic sparkling vampires here!

I like the sound of this book. Like getting back to the basics when vampires were scary monsters, instead of romantic Hero’s/heroines. I feel like I felt all those years ago when I wanted to read Interview With A Vampire, long before the movie was filmed. I can’t wait to read it! I want it now!!!

Blog|Goodreads|Facebook|Amazon|Twitter|BookBub
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell
On the one hand, it's about vampires.
On the other hand, it's written by Jay Kristoff.

I hope this isn't a redux of my Renee Ahdieh "THE BEAUTIFUL" fiasco, because I love that vampires are becoming popular again, but I also really want the stories to be good.
Angelica
Apr 23, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
With Twilight coming back it’s officially official that Vampires are making a comeback and the late 2000's are quaking ...more
Mary S. R.
Apr 30, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, paranormal, dark
Here's the thing: I still haven't read a single book by Jay Kristoff—*takes cover from the assault of the fans*

—okay okay WAIT! There's a but to that! *placating tone* but by the time this comes out, aka Fall 2020, I'd have read many of his books as I already plan to. So let's be civil (😒) and appreciate the fact that:

It rhymes I repeat THIS IS NOT A DRILL the title actually rhymes! 😂 *dies giggling*

• Authors are scheming behind the scenes to stage a Vampires' Comeback! Is this a conspiracy wi
Mara YA Mood Reader
Jan 28, 2019 marked it as potentials  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: upcoming-release
*giggles* it rhymes
Robin (Bridge Four)
I was so done with Vampire books but then they pull me back in.

Umairah | Sereadipity
Usually, I hate vampire books, but...it's by Jay Kristoff....and it's illustrated....SO SIGN ME UP! ...more
Ashley
Nov 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021
F*CK. TO. THE. YES !
I had this marked as want to read when it was untitled, bc pfffft c’mon- Kristoffffff, but id be lying if i didnt say i was FLIPPING MY SHIT ATM

SO excited. I feel like gollum coveting the ring rn 😂😂😂
Lucia
"an illustrated dark fantasy epic"

I don't need more to know that this is an insta pre-order!
Eliza ☽
Jan 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Reading the synopsis of this book was a transcendent experience
Anna
Jan 28, 2019 marked it as unreleased  ·  review of another edition
Update: Just realized this is coming out in 2021 now...oh well. Still super excited!!!!

===
This sounds amazing....why does it have to come out in 2020??? Why not now???

Ughh.

I will read anything this man writes also I LOVE NAN FE'S ART

I am very excited :)
jessy
May 10, 2019 marked it as i-need  ·  review of another edition
I know Jay Kristoff is kind of a big deal but he's not what's drawing me to this book.

First of all, vampires. I am so glad they're back!

Second of all, IT'S ILLUSTRATED BY ONE OF MY FAVOURITE ARTISTS EVER. Nan Fe is an amazing artists and draws dark and bloody stuff and I love her. Just some examples:

Look at that blood bending Katara!!! I stan.

MY SON KAZ BREKKER

Lila Bard looking hot and deadly.

Kate and... Sloan... from Monsters of Verity.

Yeah, that woman is gonna kill us. And I will gladly let he
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
I heard this talented Lady will be involved in this and I can't wait.
I'm following her on Instagram and I just love her work!

Brittany
Jan 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I AM NOT FREAKING OUT.... much.... OMGSH IM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!!! 🖤🖤🖤🧛‍♂️🧛‍♂️🧛‍♂️
Jay Kristoff and Vampires sounds like a delicious combination!!!
Loretta (Laughing Listener)
I am so ready for this???? But if there's ANY glitter, I swear to freakin god...

Glitter Edward
Karen
Jan 28, 2019 marked it as must-read  ·  review of another edition
HELL YEAH.

VAMPIRES ARE MAKING A COMEBACK.
Veronika
Feb 27, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
You guys who read Rainbow Rowell's Carry On, remeber that scene where they were talking about Trixie the Pixie being stupid name because it rhymes, and Simon told "or vampire named Gampire"??? Every time I read this title, I think of vampire Gampire. ...more
Ursula Uriarte
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-fave-reads
Coming in the fall of 2021 Empire of the Vampire is the tale you didn’t know you needed but yet it’s here to fill the void.

Not for the faint of heart, EotV is the beautifully crafted, nightmare inducing return of brutal and merciless vampires.

The best book I read this year, heck the best book Jay has ever written if you ask me.

Make sure to add Empire of The Vampire to your most anticipated releases for 2021.

More in depth review in the months to come.
ash | novelly rooted
Jan 29, 2019 marked it as i-need-2020  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cover-reveal
JAY IS WRITING VAMPIRES. Ajdudhfjkfo [SCREAMS INTO HANDS]

Vampires are making a comeback in the next year between this and The Beautiful and these vampires aren't all fucking sparkles and glitter. One ticket for the murder-train please. My life is complete.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Sorrows of Young Werther
  • Wayside School Is Falling Down (Wayside School #2)
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (The Wicked Years, #1)
  • Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality
  • The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism
  • Cruel Prince (Varasso Brothers #2)
  • The Folk of the Air Series 3 Books Collection Set By Holly Black ( The Cruel Prince, The Wicked King, Hardback-The Queen of Nothing )
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Cinderella Is Dead
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • Rage and Ruin (The Harbinger, #2)
  • A ​Sky Beyond the Storm (An Ember in the Ashes, #4)
Jay Kristoff is a #1 international, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fantasy and science fiction. He is the winner of eight Aurealis Awards, an ABIA, has over half a million books in print and is published in over thirty five countries, most of which he has never visited. He is as surprised about all of this as you are. He is 6’7 and has approximately 12,000 days to live.

He does

Empire of the Vampire (3 books)
  • Untitled (Empire of the Vampire, #2)
  • Untitled (Empire of the Vampire, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Get ready for some out-of-this-world reading and some insane near-realities with the science fiction and fantasy books that are catching the...