Start by marking “The MisreadBible: Genesis” as Want to Read:
The MisreadBible: Genesis

The MisreadBible: Genesis

A collection of twisted Bible tales from the warped mind of J. R. Eldridge. Drawing from his fascination with religion and mythology, Eldridge takes the reader on a journey from the creation of the universe to the arrival of the Israelites in Egypt in this blasphemously funny retelling of the Book of Genesis.

A lonely deity creates the universe in his mother’s basement and
Paperback, First, 192 pages
Published March 10th 2019 by J. R. Eldridge

To ask other readers questions about The MisreadBible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The MisreadBible

Start your review of The MisreadBible: Genesis
Al
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, read-2019
If you’re a believer in the Christian God found in the Bible, stop reading. You’re done. This book isn’t for you. In fact, if you’re a devout believer in any of the Abrahamic religions, this book isn’t going to be your thing. That’s all you need to know. Move along now.

Now for you non-believers. Have you read the Bible? No, I don’t mean cover to cover. Most of the true believers haven’t done that either, no matter what they claim. Have you read a page here and a page there so you have an idea of
Barb Dixon Palmieri
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First, this is not for children (language) nor is it for those without a sense of humor (maybe a little bit sacrilegious).

I've read the bible (KJV) several times in my lifetime. Never have I read anything bible related that was this fun. I started this book with the knowledge that I had other things to do so I wouldn't finish it right away. Nothing got done and I finished it in one sitting. Now, the bible makes much more sense. ;)

Not quite as random as a Monty Python skit, this is definitely
Tina Gundy
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The MisreadBible: Genesis by J. R. Eldridge and narrated by Joshua Saxon is just what I needed to LMFAO today! Highly recommend if you are needing a laugh/having a bad day or looking for something new.

This is an amusing retelling of bible stories with an adult twist. There’s plenty of variety- a Star Wars themed fable, a Dr. Seuss-ish tale, and so on. Some of the stories include; how God made the world, the making of day/night/seasons, where the saying “Are we there yet?” came from, and plenty
Gavri Crawford
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a Christian, I find this book really funny. Some people said that it's weird that I enjoy the book so much consider this book is "mocking" my religion. People said that I should feel offended by it but let's revert back to the whole reason I read the book. If you are like me, someone who just wanna have a good laugh from a book then this book is for you, but if you are a religious person with closed mind, then don't bother and sucks to be you because this book is a masterpiece, it's funny, ...more
Donald Gold
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a sometimes brutally honest, sometimes cleverly sarcastic retelling of the book of Genesis.
This author playfully recounts all the plot twists, name changes, inconsistencies, and impossible time shifts with irreverent humor.
I haven't been this entertained by an audiobook in a very long time.
The narrator captures the tone perfectly, and is excellent.
I am impatiently waiting on Exodus.
Lucifer
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
It took mere days to read this book as it dragged me in with its satirical retelling of the Bible. It had me laughing every page and I was unable to put it down. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to leave their worries behind and be dragging into the world of chaos the original Bible created.
Justin Salisbury
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: will-read-again
The author gave me an audio copy to review.

I really enjoyed this book. I laughed so hard at the part where Abraham was ninjaing dudes foreskins off that I almost wrecked while driving. So you may not want to listen to the audio book while driving.

This is really well done. The narrator of the audio book is amazing.
Deedra
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun riff on the first book in the Bible.You do have to wonder where some of the stuff in there came from.This book explains it in a new way.lol Joshua Saxon was the perfect narrator. I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.'
Marsha
And entertaining view of what Genesis REALLY says! More honest for the general population than the actual words in Genesis having been translated from the original several times in an attempt to convince the world that it's more than a myth :-)
Frank Hofer
Fine in small doses

It makes more sense than the original source material, but that’s not a very high bar. This book is amusing at first but the jokes tends to get repetitious.
Andrew Rose

Gavri Crawford
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Donald Gold
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I haven't been this entertained by an audiobook in a very long time.
The narrator captures the tone perfectly, and is excellent.
I am impatiently waiting on Exodus.
Lucifer
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Justin Salisbury
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: will-read-again
The author gave me an audio copy to review.

This is really well done. The narrator of the audio book is amazing.
Deedra

Peter
is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2019
J.R. Eldridge
Mar 11, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own-books
Goodreads Librari...: Attributed to wrong 'J.R. Eldridge' 5 14 Oct 22, 2019 03:50PM
Books, Blogs, Aut...: The MisreadBible: Genesis - Review request 1 2 Jun 06, 2019 03:36PM

• The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth (Rat Queens, #2)
  • Sass & Sorcery (Rat Queens, #1)
  • The Cutting (McCabe & Savage Thriller, #1)
  • The Bad Break (A Riley Ellison Mystery #2)
  • Into the Light (Axe Druid Book 1)
  • The Last Airship (Sam Reilly #1)
  • Antisemitism: Here and Now
  • Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun
  • Crisis (Jack Stapleton & Laurie Montgomery, #6)
  • A Killer Among Us
  • Try Not to Breathe
  • The Bad Seed
  • Gone the Next (Roy Ballard Mysteries, #1)
  • The Book of Common Fallacies
  • The Dreaming Tree
  • Stolen Omnibus - Small Town Abduction
  • Death Notes Omnibus
  • The Sisters (Cormac Reilly, #0.5)
J.R. Eldridge is a British satirical fiction author with a fascination for religion and the absurd mythology that surrounds it. He especially enjoys poking fun at it. He began writing joke Bible verses on Twitter, and eventually moved on to writing parodies of Bible stories. He collected some of these in his MisreadBible series.