Start by marking “The Art of Thank You: Crafting Notes of Gratitude” as Want to Read:
The Art of Thank You: Crafting Notes of Gratitude

The Art of Thank You: Crafting Notes of Gratitude

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Part inspirational, part how-to, THE ART OF THANK YOU will rekindle the gratitude in all of us and inspire readers to pick up a pen and take the time to show thanks. As an all-inclusive reference on thank you notes, this book, also, teachers readers how to eloquently and acceptably craft them. But unlike other thank you notebooks on the market, this book doesn't stop there ...more
Published April 28th 2002 by Atria Books/Beyond Words

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Thank You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Thank You

Fourkid
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this - very needed - book.
Richard Bliss
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
It seems obvious, but so few of us do it. If someone does something nice, say thank you. This was a good refresher and reminder that it is important to remember to be gracious, and nothing says that more than a timely hand-written thank you.

It helped me reconfirm to be more gracious in my recognition of those who are generous with their time, talents, energy, gifts, and thoughts. Saying thank you is a constant reminder for us to put others before ourselves, and Connie does well to remind us that
Elizabeth
A dear friend gave me this book for Christmas and I thoroughly enjoyed it! She was right in selecting it for me :-)

Gratitude is such an important virtue and the art of the thank you note-- a well written thank you note is being lost in our world. This little gem inspires the reader through examples of some of the sweetest and most poignant thank you notes I've ever read. Oh and I loved all the little instructions on etiquette :-D
Candice
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: social-life
This book is a quick read. It mainly focuses on what being a grateful person is all about. Gratitude benefits us all. The book also gives several examples of how to properly write a thank you note for different occasions. What was most enlightening is the author's reasoning for why we should be motivated to thank others. I was further in encouraged and see this as a privilege rather than an obligation.

Mikey
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, read-2016
The pertinent information could be contained in a book half the size. Each section could be either condensed and combined with others to make a much better book. The book spends most if its space expounding the virtues of writing thank you notes, which was redundant because I already came to the book convinced, while presenting the "how-to" parts in an haphazard disorganized fashion.
Tracy Parker
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book helped me to remember to be grateful! I feel a little in debated due to the fact that I haven't been the best at acknowledging my friends/families thoughtfulness. This book has encouraged me to remember and provided the necessary training and examples to improve my future note endeavors.
Jess
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: funsies
Meh. It wasn't as interesting as expected, but had a few good pointers that made it worth scanning.
Becca
Jun 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not really a "readable" book - more of a reference for me. I may keep it on the shelf for the next time I want some example notes to copy.
Jordyne
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
short, great examples, impressed upon me the importance of and joy of writing thank you cards. put me in a great mood to write all my wedding thank you cards enjoyably.
Travis Hutchins
Nov 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
So redundant.
Hannah Jo Parker
Dec 16, 2008 rated it it was ok
Might be helpful for newlyweds figuring out how to deal with writing notes to hundreds of gift givers. Not so helpful for me, a life-long thank-you-note-writing practitioner and devotee.
Donna
Jan 04, 2014 added it
This little gem reminds us of the importance of gratitude and guidance, examples and approaches for thanking those around you who have made a difference in your life.
Lizz Belle
Jul 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Nicely done...good reminder to just saying kind words to someone
Diane
Aug 15, 2008 rated it liked it
Not exactly what I was looking for, and a bit fluffy for my taste, but still had some good information.
Lauren
Coyla
Jul 14, 2010
Karen
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book reminds one of the importance of gratitude in our lives. Beautiful examples.
Annie
Connie
rated it it was ok
Oct 02, 2012
Shari
rated it did not like it
Nov 01, 2014