Start by marking “Captive Angel” as Want to Read:
Captive Angel

Captive Angel

Captured in a time not her own.

For modern day Gabrielle Ross, a college student and fencing enthusiast, the unexpected happens—a mysterious fog transports her back to the year 1760. Suddenly she finds herself aboard a sailing vessel where sea battles and sword fights make it far easier to die than to live.

Branded a stowaway and a spy, she is forced to pick up a sword to de
Published April 9th 2019 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Captive Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captive Angel

MiraJane
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary advance copy of this book to give a voluntary honest review. This review contains only my own thoughts and opinions of this book.

Captive Angel was an absolute delight to read. The cover actually did not do the story any justice. It was bland compared to the action, drama, complex historical society and heated romance I lived through reading the book from start to finish. Though it was a bit of a bumpy ride the book really grew on me.

Right from the get-go we were thrown
Emma
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Captive Angel by Cyndi McKay
Captured in a time not her own.
Branded a stowaway and a spy, she is forced to pick up a sword to defend herself. While being interrogated by a take-no-prisoners English sea captain, Gabrielle must
Alysha
Apr 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

The premise:
Gabrielle is a college student studying in Boston who is mysteriously transported to the 1700s by fog. First thought to be a stow away and then a spy, this is her story on surviving a British captain's ship just prior to the American Revolution.

The Good:
An interesting premise, this book had the potential to be a hit.

The Not-So-Good:
This book really requires suspension of belief - and not because of th
MrsMascara
Apr 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book could have been really interesting, unfortunately I found that it was just not well written enough to hold my interest.

Gabrielle is somehow transported from the sea shore in 2005 onto a British ship sailing from America in the 1700’s. She clashes with the British captain Damien, who is the second son of a Marquess, heading to England to assume the title and marry.

He treats Gabrielle with suspicion, as he thinks she is a spy. He also doesn’t appreciate her 21st century manners and dem
Paula
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
It came as a pleasant surprise to discover that Captive Angel by Cyndi McKay is a time travel book. Gabrielle Ross and Damion Sinclair are products of their time. Conflicts are bound to happen when 1760 and contemporary times collide together. When it happens on a ship full of men there is even more confusion. Captive Angel has drama, intrigue, action, historical reminders and romance, along with danger early on in the story.

Damion Sinclair for his part is an honorable captain but Gabrielle who
Shelagh
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Captive Angel has a time travel theme similar to that used in the Outlander series, except in this story it’s fog that whisks our heroine Gabrielle from the 2005 beach where she’s sleeping off a hangover and onto a 1760 privateer ship sailing out of Boston Harbour.
The story is fast paced and filled with interesting twists. I had an inkling of how it would end and even though I was more or less correct there was plenty to entertain me along the way. The characters are well developed and Damion, s
Ebony Sword
Apr 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Helena#bookdreamer
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you Netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Gabrielle is somehow transported to another time in history and lands on Captain Sinclair ship. She had to fight off the crew members and has the advantage since she also practiced fencing in her former time. She develops a romance with the captain who is uncertain of her political intentions but is inexplicable drawn to her. I enjoyed the banter between them since it's very clear that Gabrielle is not used being treated
Tammy
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gabrielle is a college student just living her life when mysterious fog transports her back to 1760. She ends up on a vessel where Damien is the captain. Sparks fly but what will Damien think of a modern woman who is good with a sword? Fast-paced time travel read with great characters and an entertaining story. I really liked it.
E
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the romance and the writing. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Tianna✸loves books✸
“ARC provided in exchange for an honest review”
T.J. Burns