Start by marking “The Story Of Tea” as Want to Read:
The Story Of Tea

The Story Of Tea

A chronicle not only of the origin of tea, but of its planting and manufacture, its tasting and blending, and its sale by auction along with marketing and packaging forms.
Published (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Story Of Tea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Story Of Tea

Start your review of The Story Of Tea
Debbie Bridge
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having walked into the Turtle Cafe Book Shop in New Delhi, India, I spotted this little book on tea. I love tea and wanted to know more about its history, especially after having done a tea tasting in Twinnings Tea Rooms on the Strand, London, UK last year. I'm becoming a real tea historian and taster!

It's quite a small book and one I will be keeping, as it has some lovely little stories in it, plus a lot of information on the history of tea. It has wetted my appetite to find out more about the
Chandra Mohan Singh
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
while moving on a way I found this book on the airport. seeing small book and having interest in drinking tea I want to know more about tea. having approx 100 pages and having diverse topic like history of tea, presence and production in different countries of world, production and manufacturing process, marketing are really a interesting read. the anecdote which the author share like the example of how Mr Lipton and brooke bond had used the innovative methods for the publicity and popularity of ...more
Sarah ..
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
كتاب ممتع لمحبي الشاي ، تمنيت لو احتوى على بعض الصور للمزارع و المزادات و أطقم و أكواب الشاي التي تحدث عنها الكاتب ، كانت أضافت متعة أكبر .
K-Failakawi
معلومات جيدة نسبيا ولكن ما اعجبني تطرق الكتاب الى بعض التفاصيل التي كانت تمارسها بريطانيا من اجل مصالحها وكيف كانت تنشر الفساد للوصل الى مبتغاها
Eman Abdulaziz
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
كتاب خفيف وممتع ومليء بالمعلومات المدهشة و المصاحبة لانتشار الشاي.
مؤرخ
كتاب جميل خفيف ممتع، فيه لمحات تاريخية واجتماعية كثيرة.
Rizowana
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a delight to read. Though a very small book, it is packed with a rich detailing of the entire history of tea alongwith witty and humourous anecdotes. It is very informative and taught me everything about tea, from its history and reach, to its make and production. Concise and cleverly written. Would definitely recommend to fellow tea drinkers and non drinkers alike.
Srikar
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pleasant read on the story of tea, its evolution and consumption throughout the world. I expected more on how the forests had to be cleaned up to create what now are the huge tea plantations, but it was nevertheless a nice read.
Debra Lowman
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a spare little book that I found in a pile. It's a quick and easy read on the history of tea and the cultural customs that have accompanied the consumption and making of tea in the East and West.
Sindhura
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great introduction and a good insight into the history and significance of tea and also it's making.

Narayan Sharma
Apr 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: others, non-fiction
A useful book that traces the history of tea. Interesting chapters on development of tea industry in China, India, Sri Lanka and Africa.
Tharin Phenwan
Jan 01, 2017
Maya Gopalakrishnan
Jan 12, 2015
James Samarji
rated it did not like it
Jun 21, 2017
Jan 13, 2019

• What I Talk About When I Talk About Running
  • 84, Charing Cross Road
  • The Kama Sutra of Vatsyayana
E. Jaiwant Paul is a man of varied interests, having authored five other books: By My Sword and Shield: Traditional Weapons of the Indian Warrior, Baji Rao: The Warrior Peshwa, Har Dayal: The Great Revolutionary, Rani of Jhansi: Lakshmi Bai, and Unforgettable Maharajas.

A hardcore corporate, he initially worked for Hindustan Lever and was later a director of Brook Bond India for several years.