Start by marking “Eat Your Poison, Dear (Sebastian Barth, #2)” as Want to Read:
Eat Your Poison, Dear (Sebastian Barth, #2)

Eat Your Poison, Dear

(Sebastian Barth #2)

Cafeteria food may be hazardous to your health.
Poor Milo Groot -- he's sprawled on the cafeteria floor, his cracked glasses inches away from his white face. Could it be the apple chili dogs?
Could it be poison?
Kids at the middle school are dropping like flies, and Sebastian Barth suspects there's something fishier than tuna dreamboats behind the epidemic. The trouble is,
Published September 1st 1995 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Eat Your Poison, Dear, please sign up.
Mandi I'm in the middle of the book and it's really good! not my favorite, but still a good read if need a book.

Start your review of Eat Your Poison, Dear (Sebastian Barth, #2)
Calista
A fun and engaging middle grade mystery. This is a fast read. There aren't many characters and I'm surprised that I didn't figure it out until right before the reveal. I must be stressed. So it was a good read set in the bowels of Junior High School.

Is the head cook, Dottie, poisoning the student's, is it just her bad cooking, or is something more nefarious happening. Sebastian is the sleuth and he figures it all out. He also runs his own television show.

This was in my TBR pile from my childhoo
Fern Kuntz
Mar 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Sebastian Barth is an eighth grader at Pembroke Middle School.

One day at lunch, they are serving "apple lasagna." A kid named Milo throws it up.

Milo has one friend at school, and that friend doesn't like him very much. Milo is especially disliked by a kid named Harley. Harley has bullied him since first grade.

Milo comes back to school the next day, saying it was a twenty-four hour bug. The next day, Milo gets the bug again. Sebastian suspects someone is poisoning him. Milo is the only one who
Steffi
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
this book had 10 year old me shocked for years
Giancarlo library
Apr 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
Joel
Apr 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Okay I must say that this is, in fact, a good book. It's the kind of book that I call "mystery for children" because it is!
The final is interesting and maybe my problem was that I haven't read the complet series so I start the book being "blind" about the content. However I think it's a good decision to read if you want to explore the mystery genre but you are afraid to read a big-thriller book.

The Best: The mystery itself.

The Worst: Well...it's a children book so let's be flexible.
D.M. Dutcher
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Unusual premise, but little more.

The local junior high is suffering from an epidemic of food poisoning. Can Sebastian Barth find out who did it and how?

It's okay. The book itself is kind of meh, with a surprisingly serious ending. It's not a black comedy; the kids get minor cases of food poisoning and aren't really dropping like flies. I think there might be a few too many characters in the book, but other than that, it's an okay mystery by the author of Bunnicula.
Don Gubler
Jun 25, 2015 rated it liked it
James Howe does funny mystery quite well.
Jill
I loved this series
Jonathan Soriano
Dec 17, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
sometimes in life you just can't trust anyone because when you do, they just happen to stab you in the back.
Jennifer Ranger
This was a nice mystery with an interesting twist. I recommend it to anyone looking for a very light read or a third- or fourth-grade student looking for a good mystery.
Hoover Public Library Kids and Teens
This is my favorite in the Sebastian Barth mystery series for two reasons: the story (of course) and the title.
Victoria
Sep 18, 2010 rated it it was ok
Another half inch of shelf space cleared.
Adam
Jan 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this book since I was a child. I read it every couple of years.
Bj
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well the book is really good half way done good so far
Ashley
Oct 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
A very good book by one of my favorite childrens' authors.
Justin1
uhh ok not that good
Julied
Nov 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Read this to my self contained special education class. The boys seemed to enjoy it. Not as much action as other books we have read, but it kept their attention.
Joselande
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An amazing plot twist.
Larry Wegman
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
A Youth mystery by the author of Bunnicula. Not as good as Bunnicula.
Sadie Buckley
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is good for people who like a mystery. This book was not for me it was boring and took a long time for me to read it because it was boring. It's about a group of middle schoolers who are trying to figure out if and who poisoned the school's lunch. the reveal at the end was surprising.
Aprilj328
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Great mystery --not too dated (1986) some of the language is dated but not something that would hinder a good reader. The mystery was well done as well as fleshing out the characters a bit and exploring bullying and friendship. ES/MS Mystery, Journalism, Bullying, Cooking
RJ Danza
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
i think the theme of this book is mystery. They find the food gross and they try and see if somebody is poising them. And it was very engaging.
Hazel
Jul 04, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Swindle (Swindle, #1)
  • The Nanny
  • If You're Reading This, It's Too Late (Secret, #2)
  • The Name of This Book Is Secret (Secret, #1)
  • This Book Is Not Good for You (Secret, #3)
  • You Have to Stop This (Secret, #5)
  • Palo Alto
  • This Isn't What It Looks Like (Secret, #4)
  • How to Steal a Dog
  • What Dies in Summer
  • Bearskin
  • A Girl, a Raccoon, and the Midnight Moon
  • Notorious
  • Oedipus Rex  (The Theban Plays, #1)

James Howe has written more than eighty books in the thirty-plus years he's been writing for young readers. It sometimes confuses people that the author of the humorous Bunnicula series also wrote the dark young adult novel, The Watcher, or such beginning reader series as Pi

Sebastian Barth (4 books)
  • What Eric Knew (Sebastian Barth, #1)
  • Stage Fright (Sebastian Barth, #3)
  • Dew Drop Dead (Sebastian Barth, #4)