Start by marking “Concerto” as Want to Read:
Concerto

Concerto

When Catriona Drouot, a young music therapist, honours an opera diva's dying request to help her son, Umberto Monteverdi, recover his musical gift, she knows it will be a difficult assignment. She had shared a night of passion with the once-celebrated composer ten years before, with unexpected consequences.

The extent of her challenge becomes apparent when she arrives at he
Published August 1st 2019 by London Wall Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Concerto, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Concerto

Start your review of Concerto
Bookread2day
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My review on www.bookread2day.wordpress.com

I felt like I was at the opera from the comfort of my sofa, while reading this beautiful story.

Catriona Drouot runs a psychology practice, one of the best in Nice. Catriona specialized in a variety of psychological disciplines, it was music therapy that was close to heart as ten years before she had an ambition to become an International opera singer.

I really liked the theme Catronia having a business in music therapy, I thought that this was a wonder
Zoe
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.

Passionate, mysterious, and exceptionally descriptive!

Concerto is a captivating, enigmatic tale about the power of love; the lengths that one will go to for it and the unimaginable things one often does in the name of it.

The prose is evocative and lush. The characters are fervent, secretive, and flawed. And the plot, although a little slow at times, is a sweeping saga laced from start to finish with palpable emotion, colourful imagery, longing, desperation, heartbreak, greed, jealousy
Deanne Patterson
I love this author's books with how descriptive they are. She richly describes the setting and you can fully imagine yourself there.
Very romantic , an epic love story.
A talented young music therapist accepts an assignment that could be her undoing.
She carries a secret with her about her past that if found out could put at risk everything she has worked so hard towards or bring her an unbelievable happiness. She must decide what it's worth and how to proceed.
I have read many books by this author
Mridula Gupta
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
First things first, this might be a tome of a book but you need to read it for the breathtaking, picturesque backdrop. Every time I sat with this book, I was transported to Nice and Lake Como. It’s captivating and instantly made me fall in love with the concept of the plot (a romance amidst great view is every Bollywood movie fanatic’s dream)

Now, the plot itself is a bit mainstream and cliche. Catriona is a music therapist, who is about to heal a man she met 10 years ago- Umberto Monteverdi. Aft
Shruti Ramanujam
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Catriona is a music therapist who was once on the track to become an opera singer. That is, until she met the great composer Umberto Monteverdi. After a torrid night spent together, Umberto leaves her high and dry. 10 years later, he becomes blind and guess which music therapist is roped in to save the guy? Catriona, of course! But she’s carrying secrets, he’s carrying baggage–how the two process everything and get back together forms the rest of the story.

Concerto is another angsty page turner
Dísir
Hannah Fielding’s ‘Concerto’ is a different kind of read from what I’m used to.

There’s something about the style of storytelling of ‘Concerto’ that feels very old school: long and languid descriptive sentences, with the determination to paint every picture of an exotic locale to exhaustion, and the inclusion of every emotion, no matter how minute. In fact, ‘Concerto’ is very reminiscent of an older style of historical romance that I used to read but have since moved past; as a result, I did fin
Chitra Iyer
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Concerto is the next book by Hannah Fielding and I am so excited to share my review with you all. If you are a lover of romantic books and haven’t read the author’s works yet, then let me tell you, you don’t know what you’re missing!

I shall begin with giving you a short summary before proceeding with the review.

Summary

Catriona Drouot is a music therapist in Nice and when she is approached by a famous opera singer for her son, Umberto’s treatment, she is in a dilemma. As she had spent a wild nigh
Lindsay Townsend
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
five stars,

Beguiling romantic read

Catriona Droucot, tall, elegant beautiful, had trained to be an opera singer. She now devotes her energies to helping others via psychology and music therapy. The latest case she is asked to take on, that of the famous composer Umberto Monteverdi who has recently become blind, stirs up old memories and emotions.

Through flashbacks chapters the reader sees Umberto and Catriona and their developing relationship, a romance of tenderness, power and passion. Hannah F
Simona
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

This book still has me in awe and I mean that in a positive way. I was blown away by this story, it’s incrediable.

We follow Catriona Drouot, who is a music therapist and gets a request to help a famous composer. The interesting thing about that?! They shared a passionate night together when she was just eighteen and now ten years later a lot of things have changed.

Ten years ago Catriona wanted to become an opera singer, she is ve
Debra
Words almost escape me with how beautiful this story was.

We follow Catriona Drouot in two different time lines. We have the past where she is a young woman living with her mother with dreams of being an opera singer. It is then where she meets Umberto Monteverdi, who is a world famous musician. They have a whirlwind romance of a matter of days, I believe, where it ends with Umberto having to leave to follow his career and Catriona left broken hearted.

We also have the present day, where Catrion
Rebecca Finlayson
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Note: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review.

"Concerto follows Catriona, a young music therapist, who must honour an opera diva’s dying request to help her son, Umberto Rolando Monteverdi, recover his musical gift after a car accident robbed him of his sight. Ten years previously, Catriona shared a night of passion with the handsome musician that led to unexpected circumstances. Arriving at Umberto’s mansion in Lake Como, she finds him resistant to her every effort. Catrio
Silvana
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t explain how I felt while reading this book, the book gave me a feeling of comfort like I was in the story being told. “Concerto” is a masterpiece made by Hannah Fielding one of my personal favorite authors.
I was expecting this book to be great, a romantic story between the famous piano player and an ordinary 19 year old girl named Katerina.
One night Katerina’s life took a turn, that she did not expect, but thankfully it was a good thing. She is young, beautiful and she is a rebel that i
Margaret
Having seen other reviews of Concerto, I am definitely in the minority in rating this book with 2 stars. I requested it after I read the description on NetGalley as I thought I would like it, but what the description didn’t tell me is that it is full of descriptions of everything – what the characters look like, what they are wearing each time they appear, and their emotions, plus pages and pages describing the locations, the buildings, the rooms, the scenery, the weather and so on. In addition ...more
R J Mckay
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it

Catriona Droust specializes in music therapy as a way to help people suffering from Psychological disorders. She and her friend have centered their practice in Nice, France, and over the years she has become well known for her success. But years ago, she was training to become an opera singer. Until the night she gave herself to one Umberto Monteverdi, a great composer. Their one night of passion left Catriona pregnant.
When she is contacted by Umberto’s Mother, herself an opera diva, to help he
SH
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘Concerto’ follows Catriona, a music therapist, who is set to become famous, and pursue her dream of becoming an opera singer. She then meets composer Umberto Monteverdi and after a night spent together, he leaves her. Ten years pass and she is called upon by Umberto’s mother to help him rediscover his musical passion, having been blinded in a car accident. When they meet again, Catriona finds herself once again drawn to Umberto, despite his resistance to her efforts to help him. She also is str ...more
Dora Okeyo
Jul 10, 2019 added it
Shelves: netgalley
This book just serves as a reminder that not all is lost when it comes to love and sometimes, the journey to healing takes the most unexpected route. For Umberto, losing his sight and not being able to play music takes a toll on him, but when the woman who comes to serve as his Therapist, turns out to be the girl he loved, he's faced with not one nightmare but many more that he's got to resolve towards healing.
I like how it starts and the pace seemed to drag on somewhere mid-story, then picked u
Mrs Penelope A Cottell
Hannah Fielding does it again. A beautiful feel good romantic story which transports you to the Rivera and the Italian Lakes. Just the book to take on holiday with you.
A story of first love which survives through time.,Secrets ,lies and tragedy are all in the mix but will love conquer all.
Can’t recommend it enough.
Five stars all the way.
Karen
Sep 23, 2019 added it
Captivating, romance story. Intriguing characters, Umberto and Catriona follow their relationship. Well written book, that kept my attention throughout, I enjoyed reading. I have voluntarily chosen to read and review this book.
Ash
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Reading this in lockdown and it feels like I'm on holiday! Another admirable novel from Hannah Fielding. ...more
Bookfan36
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it

The extent of her challenge becomes apparent when she arrives at her client's estate on the glittering shores of Lake Como, Italy. Robbed of his sight by a nearfatal car accident, the man is a
gifta alvina
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This book opened with the request of a famous opera singer to a music therapist to help her son. The son whose past linked to the music therapist itself.

The plot actually a cliche, you can predict the twist and the ending of course. The flow also too slow for me, author spend two chapters in detail description that it felt like several more chapters of the past of the opera singer's son and music therapist at the beginning of the novel.
Then it went forward with how they interact in the present
Jan 20, 2020
Elena A
Oct 09, 2019
Shree
May 01, 2019
Kathryn Garner
Romance with music at it's heart.Good characters with human flaws,a little mystery,some twists and a happy ending. ...more
June

• The Family Upstairs
  • Dance Away with Me
  • The Girls with No Names
  • The Lying Room
  • Nothing Ventured (Detective William Warwick, #1)
  • The Fifth Avenue Story Society
  • Recipe for Persuasion (The Rajes, #2)
  • The Orphan Collector
  • The Grace Kelly Dress
  • Every Last One
  • The Things I Know
  • Sisters of Summer's End (Summer Resort #2)
  • Leave Me
  • Someone Like You
  • The Family Holiday
  • American Princess: A Novel of First Daughter Alice Roosevelt
  • Stories from the Little Beach Street Bakery: An Omnibus Edition
  • A Year in the Château
Hannah Fielding is an incurable romantic. The seeds for her writing career were sown in early childhood, spent in Egypt, when she came to an agreement with her governess Zula: for each fairy story Zula told, Hannah would invent and relate one of her own. Years later – following a degree in French literature, several years of travelling in Europe, falling in love with an Englishman, the arrival of ...more