Start by marking “Don't Tell (Jack Ryder #7)” as Want to Read:
Don't Tell (Jack Ryder #7)

Don't Tell

(Jack Ryder #7)

This novel is based on an actual unsolved murder case.

One close-knit family. Too many secrets.

When detective Jack Ryder is going skiing with his family in the mountains of North Carolina, he hopes for a week of fun in the snow with the ones he loves.

But then the body of a teenage boy turns up in the cold waters of the creek behind the cabin they have ren

Published May 10th 2019 by Buoy Media (first published 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Tell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Tell

Start your review of Don't Tell (Jack Ryder #7)
Jackie
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story. All Jack Ryder wants is a vacation with his family. Then the body of a teenage boy is found. Back to work for him. It’s a definite breath holding story.
Ebalyn McCullagh
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jack Ryder

Sad to have finished this series. I will miss reading about Jack and his family. So, I guess it's on to the next series of more interesting people!
Vivian
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Willow Rose knows how to tell a story. What a gift!

Jack, his wife, Shannon and five of their kids decide it’s time for a proper vacation. They head to the mountains for some skiing and relaxation. What they didn’t expect to find was a series of murders. One happening right in front of their young son, Austin. He’s scared to admit what he really saw; the murderer threatening to kill him and his entire family if he told. Jack puts on his detective hat, not just to find the killer but to save his
Courtney
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

Another great book written by a great author. I always look forward to the new books that Willow Rose writes.
Bettyboop
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘Don’t Tell’ is the best Jack Ryder story and at #7, that makes author, Willow Rose a best goodread. Shannon plays a big part in this storyline where Ms Rose makes Jack a helpless target for a sharpshooter sniper. Their family ski vacation turned out to be a fearful suspense with a twisted ending, like Ms. Rose is so good at creating.
Pam K.
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Jack Ryder and his family go on vacation to the mountains in North Carolina. Jack and his wife, Shannon, want their children to learn to ski and snowboard. Of course, Jack gets involved in a case while there.

First the Ryder family is witness to a car crash, then Austin is in the room when a murder happens, and then Shannon finds the body of a missing 17 yr old in the creek behind the cabin. Can we possible push Jack into working this case any more than this?
The murder mystery part of the story
Denise
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'Don't Tell' completely blew me away from the start. The story line was really intense. Full of suspense, intense characters and the premise of a true story behind the words. Once again Jack is in the middle of a case that spins out of his control. I loved how Willow Rose brought this story to life and as with most of her stories, they are based on facts. Tragic facts, but facts that are compelling to read. I look forward to reading more of the 'Jack Ryder Series'. A must add to your tbr list. R ...more
Nancy Silk
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"An Intense Murder Mystery"

This novel was developed by the author based on an actual murder case back in 1901. Jack Ryder is in the mountains with his family to enjoy a week of skiing. But then a teenage boy is found dead in a creek behind the cabin they had rented. Then more bodies are found and the town of Maggie Valley is stunned. This is a harrowing story which will totally captivate you and cause you to call out loud. It's another tense, scary, murder story only Willow Rose can create. High
Tl duke
Just read

Amazing book a must read!! I loved it when characters from the other series make an appearance! It was great getting an update on Rebekka! Even though this book is in a series it can definitely be read as a stand alone book! I would recommend the whole series though ! This book has lots of twists and turns just when you think you've figured it out nope you didnt! Highly recommend this book and any book written by Willow Rose she is truly an amazing writter!
Linda A.
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Suspense, Family, Twisted Relationships

This is a fascinating suspense novel with a complicated plot. Interestingly, there are several characters the reader cannot like and, thus, when the culprit(s) are revealed, the reader feels great satisfaction when the guilty are caught and imprisoned. My gripe is when the main character, Jack Ryder, and/or his family end up hurt or in danger, it grows old as a plot device.
Julie Howard
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-book
Oh wow. The twist that make up this book has put this book as my new favourite book in the series. I enjoyed the first six books in the series and a highly recommend that you give them a listen but this book has set up a whole new level for the author. Like normal the story jumps in time and with story teller (I don't think it had quite as many time jumps as the other books, which made it easier to follow) but this time it worked really well and added to the understanding of the story. There was ...more
Rosemary
DON'T TELL (Jack Ryder Book 7) - a review by Rosemary Kenny

Willow Rose - such a sweet, innocent-sounding name - but what comes out of her alter-ego, Queen of Scream's mind and from the author's pen - is anything but, proving once again the truth of the Bard's words, 'the pen is mightier than the sword'!

A 'standalone' story, DON'T TELL, luckily does not (anywhere near) stand alone, either in Willow Rose's excellent Jack Ryder series, (there are 6 previous novels available and highly recommended f
Thomas R.
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This latest Book in the Jack Ryder Series is based on a real unsolved murder. Jack takes his Family on a Ski Trip in the Mountains of North Carolina. It's very small town and the author really understands Small town Politics, Childhood Trauma, Religious Hypocrisy and how appearances can be deceiving. A mother and her daughter have suffered a Double Tragedy and she moves to the small Southern town for a fresh start, she buys a Trailer Park and enrolls her daughter in School. There are many sub pl ...more
Jacquelin K. Reeves
May 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Great plot. Badly written.

This plot is great. However, the writing is really bad. The writer decided to try to keep the killer secret when it was always apparent who it was. This led to constructing the story going back and forth in time and really clumsy writing. She should have just told the story. Also, the idea of telling part of it in first person and part in third was uncomfortable, maybe because it isn't proper English, but certainly because it made for an artificial story structure. The
Darlene
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoy the Jack Ryder series by Willow Rose. I have yet to connect the dots before the end of the book. I get close but I'm never 100% right. Jack Ryder is a family man with good values. I would never go on vacation with his family...there was no down time and lots of twists and turns. The biggest problem I had was keeping a few of the female characters straight as their names all began with S, Shannon, Savannah, Susan. Great story line.
Marcie
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A family's holiday turns sour when there son witnesses a murder. Now they must try to continue to enjoy the holiday but at the same time Ryder who is a detective starts to investigate the happens around town on his own because something just doesn't doesn't add up. This is a fast pace thriller that will keep you guessing till the end who the murder is! I enjoyed reading this story and will read more by this author! I received this free ebook for an honest review.
Bookish Heidi
Twist and turn

I can usually figure books out pretty easily. This one kept me going til the very end. I thought I had it figured out and then it twisted again. Loved this story! I feel bad that poor little Austin was traumatized again, but I hope that's building towards something epic.
Bev
Shelves: have-read, own-it
I was totally involved with this story! The characters, the situations, the twists, and turns that you don't see coming until it is too late! To think this actually happened to a real live family is sad. Even though this is part of the Jack Ryder series, it does perfectly as a stand-alone. I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of this book.
Cathy
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Family fist

Jack and Shannon take the kids to Maggie Valley, North Carolina for a ski vacation. Before they get to their rental cabin, they're sideswiped by a speeding car. The driver of the other car, an investigative reporter for Time magazine, ends up in a coma and arrested for murder by the local police. Jack becomes involved in the investigation.
Robin Langelier
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jack and Shannon take the kids to Maggie Valley,North Carolina for a ski vacation. Their fun quickly turns into terror. There's so much action, suspense, twists and turns I didn't want to put the book down. When I think I have it figured out, it chages. This story has an ending I never expected!! I read this book through an arc program. 💖🐧💋
Lorraine
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER AWESOME READ by Willow Rose!!

DON'T TELL was a non-stop read!!
Jack, Shannon and kids have gone on a family skiing vacation. Little do they know, the havioc they will get involved with, all fueled by the strange family next door!
Will they all survive? Guess you'll have to read DON'T TELL....LOL
bibiana perdomo
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book I started it this morning and aside from having to put it down to go to the bathroom and to have dinner I couldn't put it down. From the beginning you get sucked in as does jack and his family through no fault of his own. Till the very end willow has us guessing who the real killer is total shocker at the end.
Louise Pledge
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading "Ten Little Girls", I knew I had to read more by Willow Rose. So this is my second one, but I've already started on the third. I hope there are some good sales, because I'm not ready to stop any time soon!

I'm used to figuring out the murderer by the time I'm half-way through the book, but I got this one wrong!
Angel
OH Dam!!!

Oh dam she did it again. I'm totally totally in love with Willow books. This did not disappoint she always have mind blowing endings. Please keep them coming ur the best👍👍👍👍
Barbara Williams
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it

Can't it was one of my favorites Willow Rose books but, it was certainly full of twists, turns and false leads. That in itself made it hard to figure out just who and what caused so much chaos and tragedy.
Sharon
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is based on a true case. What happened to Benjamin? Twists and turns will keep you turning pages from start to finish. You won't want to put this book down. I know I didn't. Can be read as a stand alone. Willow Rose has another winner!!
greg quaglia
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy reading the Jack Ryder series!

This is a great series! I really like all the characters in this series & their new adventures. Thank you, Willow Rose, for another fantastic read!😊
Opal Sibley
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb suspense

The author brought me into the family and I couldn’t put the book down. A simple ski vacation turned into a terrifying experience as one body after another is found. The way this story ends keeps me coming back for more books by this author.
Patricia Grogan Bugher
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Jack Ryder book

Don’t Tell by Willow Rose, the seventh Jack Ryder book, is amazing. I think this is one of the best Ryder books she has done. It is very intense and you don’t know who the murderer is until the very end. Loved it!
Carol
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Captivating storyline. Likable hero, although I wish he would be tougher. It was odd how first person and third person narrative skipped about seemingly without reason. It didn’t really detract from the story though.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Cold Threat (Ellie Kline #3)
  • Cold Hunt (Ellie Kline #2)
  • Cold Grave (Ellie Kline #5)
  • Cold Highway (Ellie Kline #4)
  • Cold Truth (Ellie Kline #1)
  • Autumn's Game (Autumn Trent #1)
  • Deadly Silence (Kylie Hatfield #5)
  • Winter's Storm (Winter Black #8)
  • Winter's Web (Winter Black Series Book 7)
  • Winter's Curse (Winter Black #2)
  • Deadly Lies (Kylie Hatfield #2)
  • Deadly Games (Kylie Hatfield Series Book 3)
  • Deadly Act (Kylie Hatfield #1)
  • Winter's Mourn (Winter Black #1)
  • Winter's Rise (Winter Black #4)
  • Winter's Secret (Winter Black Series Book 6)
  • Winter's Redemption (Winter Black #3)
  • Deadly Dreams (Kylie Hatfield Series Book 4)
Willow Rose is a multi-million-copy best-selling Author and an Amazon ALL-star Author of more than 70 novels.

Several of her books have reached the top 10 of ALL books on Amazon in the US, UK, and Canada. She has sold more than three million books all over the world.

She writes Mystery, Thriller, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense, Horror, Supernatural thrillers, and Fantasy.

Willow's books are fast-pa

Jack Ryder (7 books)
  • Hit the Road Jack (Jack Ryder #1)
  • Slip Out the Back Jack (Jack Ryder #2)
  • The House that Jack Built (Jack Ryder #3)
  • Black Jack (Jack Ryder #4)
  • Girl Next Door (Jack Ryder #5)
  • Her Final Word (Jack Ryder #6)