Start by marking “Seasons of a Mothers Heart” as Want to Read:
Seasons of a Mothers Heart

Seasons of a Mothers Heart

Your life is a whirlwind of changing seasons that can just as easily exhaust as exhilarate you. Sit down, take a few moments, and allow yourself to be refreshed and encouraged by stories, insights, and lessons from a friend.

Sally Clarkson opens her heart within these pages, sharing what she has learned as a homeschooling wife and mother about herself, her children, and he
Published February 1st 1998 by Whole Heart Ministries

To ask other readers questions about Seasons of a Mothers Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seasons of a Mothers Heart

Lindsay
Oct 13, 2014 Lindsay rated it liked it
I was really encouraged by this book for the first few chapters- she spoke to real areas of difficulty in every mother's life. But as the book went on I gathered that maybe the author was writing through a lens that portrayed somewhat of a shallow understanding of the grandeur of the gospel. The true message of the Bible seemed a little shifted to focus on our righteousness being our own- instead of bringing us to the cross and the righteousness we have in Christ. Maybe I missed something. But I ...more
Aug 18, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
I think I just highlighted the whole book. This is not a quick read. You really need time to digest what Sally is speaking to you about. It was so encouraging, to me, as a homeschooling mother. It brought tears to my eyes as I read her words of encouragement and understanding. It took me forever to read it though because I wouldn't read it unless I could underline, scribble notes in the margins, or use my handy dandy highlighter. If you are a homeschooling mom who needs some encouragement, with ...more
Trace
There is a reason that Mrs Clarkson is one of my very favorite authors. She speaks to a mother's heart like no one else. I speak with perfect honesty when I say that she has been my biggest mentor as a mother. I feel so blessed to have discovered this Godly woman so early in my motherhood walk! Her very words leap off the page and envelope you into a sisterly hug. This particular book was written with homeschoolers in mind, but all mothers will benefit from her godly, warmhearted wisdom.
Patty
Aug 26, 2012 Patty rated it it was amazing
I loved all of Sally Clarkson's books! They were such an encouragement to me when I was home raising my kids. Now my daughter is reading "The Mission of Motherhood" and I am so glad that she gets to benefit from these books, too!
Kristie
Apr 28, 2008 Kristie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: any mom of any age
This is an incredible book on the subject of Motherhood. I read it at least once every year. I think I started reading it in 2003. It basically describes the journeys of motherhood based on the four seasons. Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer. It provides hope and encouragement.
Michelle Polk
Oct 15, 2008 Michelle Polk rated it it was amazing
A great book for mothers and homeschoolers. It is read like a devotional but leads like a standard textbook for homeschool moms. If you need encouragement, this book is for you.
Julie
May 23, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting, religious
I was looking for a Christian book on mothering. I had read Sally Clarkson's other book "The Ministry of Motherhood" and loved it. I ordered this book and didn't see the subtitle "Heart to Heart Encouragement for Homeschooling Moms". I do not intend on homeschooling my children. That being said I really love the insights that Sally has on motherhood.

Sally compares motherhood to seasons: The spring season is every new season of life, newlyweds, pregnancy, babyhood, toddlerhood, elementary school
Catherine Gillespie
After getting so much out of the author’s more recent book, Desperate, I so wanted to love Seasons of a Mother’s Heart, but in the end I didn't get much from it. I did find some encouragement as a homeschool mom so it wasn’t a waste of a purchase (our library doesn’t have the book so I bought a copy), and perhaps I’ll read it again and have a different perspective later.

{Read my full review here}
Rebecca
May 01, 2015 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
I am always built up and encouraged when I read on of Sally's books. This one was practical and helpful and so very encouraging regarding mothering and homeschooling. There were so many pages in which I could nod my head because I found my family in there. I didn't even realize how much I needed this book until I read it. It caused me to evaluate and refocus. And take a breath of fresh courage going forward.
Brandi
Jul 05, 2016 Brandi rated it it was amazing
Every homeschooling mother should read this! It'll be an annual read for me. I was so refreshed to know I wasn't the only mother to feel frustrated, inadequate and in despair in this homeschool journey. Although I love my children and I'm certain we are to homeschool them, I found myself "bucket bottom empty" during the school year. After reading this book, I was inspired to take care of myself, but also pour into my kids, for I would be rewarded eternally!
Kelliec
Feb 09, 2009 Kelliec rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is hands down the best homeschooling book for mother's ever written. Sally is a loving, logical, oodles of laughs Mom who has homeschooled her 4 children. This book intertwines the raising of her brood with her growth in the Word as Mother. There are many Seasons we have as homeschooling mothers. Sally has captured them all in this must read book. Grab a cup of strong coffee or tea, a sweet of your choice and cuddle up to be encouraged!
Erin Moore
Jan 18, 2014 Erin Moore rated it really liked it
My issue is more with the writing than the content. While she clearly divides the book into sections according to season, I did not get a clear idea of what was specific to each season. Overall, it was incredibly encouraging to hear wisdom from a seasoned homeschool mom. Her ideas were thoughtful and practical, and rooted in the Word of God. I would recommend it.
Amy Steiner
Sep 03, 2011 Amy Steiner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book, however, it started out strong, but towards the end I felt like it was becoming a bit repetitious. All in all, though, I enjoyed it and look forward to reading more from this author!
Jessica
Feb 25, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-love
Every mother, whether you homeschool or not, can relate to the seasons of life that Sally Clarkson covers. This book offers encouragement from someone whose walked the road already. I've already read it twice.
Gayle
Dec 30, 2016 Gayle rated it really liked it
I read this book many years ago, and I believe it was the first book where I felt someone else "got it." The perplexities, the struggles, the emotions and all the unexpected things that come with motherhood. Sally encouraged me to keep going, one day and one step at a time, I was not alone.
Jennifer Brown
One of my favorite books of all time! I have read it over and over again! Sally is inspiring, empathizing and encouraging as she shares with us seasons that mothers go through as they seek to home educate their children.
Debra
Oct 09, 2016 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 10 year anniversary edition. It's the same book, but the author added a chapter to each section of her insights 10 years later. This was a very encouraging book in my walk as a homeschooling mom, especially since I was struggling with that role.
Laura Rogers
Mar 25, 2010 Laura Rogers rated it really liked it
Shelves: parenting
It has been awhile since I read this one, but I very much enjoyed the read.
Joy Vanderley
Mar 03, 2011 Joy Vanderley rated it it was amazing
Uplifting and encouraging!
Lynnea
I have several pages of notes/tips/encouragement from this book - not to mention the highlighting inside! Definitely a great read - just take your time to soak it in!
Dana
May 29, 2013 Dana rated it really liked it
Loved this book. This author is so sincere and genuine. Some really great ideas to help foster a loving and creative environment in your home.
Joanne Knipmeyer
The book gets read often as I journey on as a homeschooling mom these are great devotional reads for me in the school year.
Amy
Nov 19, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
so much good stuff, love how she incorporates Scripture in each chapter.
polly
polly rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2013
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Andrea C
Andrea C rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2015
We love
We love rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2012
Emilee
Emilee rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2010
Lobug
Lobug rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2014
  • Educating the Wholehearted Child
  • A Mother's Heart: A Look at Values, Vision, and Character for the Christian Mother (Pilgrimage Growth Guide)
  • Charlotte Mason Companion
  • Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit
  • Helper by Design: God's Perfect Plan for Women in Marriage
  • The Shaping of a Christian Family
  • Books Children Love: A Guide to the Best Children's Literature
  • A Mom After God's Own Heart: 10 Ways to Love Your Children
  • Good and Angry: Exchanging Frustration for Character …in You and Your Kids!
  • What Is a Family?
  • Don't Make Me Come Up There!: Quiet Moments for Busy Moms
  • Instructing a Child's Heart
  • Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe
  • Mrs. Sharp's Traditions: Reviving Victorian Family Celebrations of Comfort & Joy
  • For the Children's Sake
  • Large Family Logistics: The Art and Science of Managing the Large Family
  • Teach Them Diligently: How to Use the Scriptures in Child Training
  • Hints on Child Training: A Book That's Been Helping Parents Like Your...for More Than 100 Years

From working on college campuses, to sharing the Gospel behind the Iron Curtain as a missionary, traveling around the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia to speak on discipleship, Sally Clarkson has tenaciously sought after God's kingdom, and has used her ministry to encourage others to do the same. From her best-selling books such as Own Your Life, Desperate (with
More about Sally Clarkson...