Start by marking “No Stone Unturned: A Remarkable Journey To Identity” as Want to Read:
No Stone Unturned: A Remarkable Journey To Identity

No Stone Unturned: A Remarkable Journey To Identity

Between 1945 and 1973, about 350,000 unmarried Canadian mothers were persuaded, coerced or forced into giving their babies up for adoption. Many babies, like Nadean Stone, were illegally given away, like a puppy at the pound, for a nominal donation to the church.

No Stone Unturned, follows debut author Nadean Stone’s 44-year search for her birth mother.

Raised with no el
Published March 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about No Stone Unturned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Stone Unturned

Start your review of No Stone Unturned: A Remarkable Journey To Identity
Kim Marlow
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing true story. Unbelievable this could happen to anyone; no record of birth and just given away. A journey of a lifetime to find the truth through faith, perseverance, and endurance. Whether a person questions their past or not, this is still a read about injustice done and makes you wonder how many others in the world this has happened to. Also a book to help others unravel lies, mysteries, unanswered questions about their own families. A must read for all.
Mar 03, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was readable and interesting, but not what I expected. That may be my fault, but I thought there would be more about the story that between 1945 an 1973, babies were given away for adoption. INstead this book it the personal memoir of Nadean Stone. Granted she has a very interesting story. For me, they just included way too many details.
Andrea Schenk
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is honestly one of the best books I have ever read. Not only a story of Nadean’s quest to find her birth mother, this is a story of a woman who perseveres despite huge hardships and still has the ability to love unconditionally. All of us can learn a lesson from her by reading 📖 this!
Cheramie Burgess
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read! Very well written! Fast moving story. Unable to put the book down!
Nancy
I was primarily interested in the author's search for her biological parents, but, for better or worse, it took a lot to get there. Her story is mostly told chronologically; much happens before the DNA test. I had heard of the author's search through Croatian and Slovenian genealogy facebook groups. And while DNA does not say that we are related, apparently Nadean's bio parents come from the same area as my paternal grandparents.

No Stone Unturned is an easy read. I read it in a day. The text in
C.
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an incredible life story. I met Nadean Stone and she signed my copy of the book just a few weeks ago in August. It was amazing to meet the woman who put so much work into putting her personal story out into the world. This story needed to be told.

What she went through throughout life is incredible. She grappled with many different identities, as a mother, wife, and daughter. Even though I'm not adopted, I connected to many parts of her story.

I also live in Vermont. I was happy to read abo
Eva Pinter
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Its an inspiring and riveting true story. A perfect one for the big screen!
Reneé Lasswell
Apr 06, 2019
Alan DesRosiers
Jun 30, 2019
Nadean Stone
May 12, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Paula F.

• The Most Fun We Ever Had
  • God Gave Us You
  • The Fulfillment of All Desire Study Guide
  • A Silent Tide
  • Consoling the Heart of Jesus: A Do-It-Yourself Retreat- Inspired by the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
  • Inheritance: A Memoir of Genealogy, Paternity, and Love
  • Wellness Warrior: Fighting for Life in Fabulous Shoes
  • Overcoming Spiritual Discouragement: The Wisdom and Spiritual Power of Venerable Bruno Lanteri
  • The Familiars
  • The Wizard of Odd: A Vermont Tale of Community Devotion
  • Rugby and Rosie
  • Population: 485 : Meeting Your Neighbors One Siren at a Time
  • Zeitoun
  • The Glovemaker
  • Maple Mayhem (Sugar Grove Mystery, #2)
  • The Final Reckoning (McMurtrie and Drake Legal Thrillers, #4)
  • Death of a Snob (Hamish Macbeth, #6)
  • Fairy Unicorns 2 - Cloud Castle