Start by marking “Paw of the Jungle (Paw Enforcement #8)” as Want to Read:
Paw of the Jungle (Paw Enforcement #8)

Paw of the Jungle

(Paw Enforcement #8)

Police officer Megan Luz and her K-9 partner in crime, Brigit, are on all fours as they try to solve their latest Lone Star mystery.

AT THE ZOO
The weather is beautiful, work is slow, and her canine colleague could use a walk. What better day for Megan to take Brigit to the Fort Worth Zoo, where they can let loose and witness the law and order of nature unf
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: November 26th 2019 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Paw of the Jungle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paw of the Jungle

Start your review of Paw of the Jungle (Paw Enforcement #8)
Carolyn
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Kerrin Parris
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paw of The Jungle is the 8th book in the Paw Enforcement series by author Diane Kelly, which focuses on Fort Worth Police Officer Megan Luz and her K-9 partner, Briget.  The author has a sharp wit that shines through in her storytelling, including the chapter headings.  (My favorite in this book was Chapter 17 "Who Dung It").

In Paw of The Jungle,  the plot centers around animals that mysteriously disappear from The Fort Worth Zoo. The chapters are told through the eyes of Officer Meg
Jerri Cachero
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another entertaining mystery with Officer Megan and her canine partner Brigit!

The background for the mystery, a zoo, was intriguing and different. The theme of exotic animal theft, from the zoo, made for a interesting and eye-opening book. As always, the author has a way of not only writing a great mystery, but the way she crafts the backstories of the characters and has the characters speak from their point of view makes for a wonderful read! I like the way she shows the complicated
Linda Quick
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun and entertaining read that has Megan and k-9 Bridget on the hunt for poachers that repeatedly steal beloved animals from the zoo. As community outrage and pressure to find the poachers mounts, Megan and Bridget work long hours trying to solve the crimes. Add in an the additional puzzling disappearance of expensive rings just in time for Christmas and Megan and Bridget are working overtime to serve the community.

This book has all the humor you would expect in one of the
Donna
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Police officer Megan Luz and her K-9 partner in crime, Brigit, are back and paws deep in not one but two mysteries. Rings of the well to do are going missing and animals are being stolen from the zoo. This one is going to keep our crime fighters busy through the holidays.
I love this series so much. Megan is so serious and driven and Brigit is so competent and laid back. I love watching this crime fighting team take down the bad guys and keeping Ft. Worth safe. This is a terrific addition to the
Myarn
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paw of the Jungle by Diane Kelly 5 star or [5 liver treats]

The 2019 entry in the Paw Enforcement Series after last years "The Long Paw of the Law" is a total delight. This series has never been a disappointment and this entry kept me guessing on who the criminal was.

Officer Megan Luz and her K-9 partner Brigit are on the case of missing animals from the Fort Worth zoo. First it was a pair of macaws, then a monkey; who will the next victim be? The public is clamoring for a
Teena in Toronto
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Megan is a police officer in Fort Worth, Texas. Her partner is Brigit, a German Shepherd. She has two cases on the go. Women are losing their rings and Megan is determined to find out who is stealing them and how. The second case involves animals that are disappearing from a zoo and it's up to Megan and Brigit to figure out who is stealing them.

I've read many books by this author and I liked this one. Though it's the eighth in the Paw Enforcement series, it can work as a stand alone
Christine Lowe
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite series. I know Officer Megan Luz and her canine partner Brigit will always deliver laughter and interesting mysteries. Getting the canine point of view is one I look forward to. Diane Kelly has definitely mastered the canine language.

In Paw of the Jungle someone is stealing valuable zoo animals and no one can figure out how it's happening.
The zoo is a regular stopping point for Megan and Brigit when they're on patrol so Megan is happy to help Detective Bustement
Loy
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
I have read all the books in the series, which helped with my enjoyment of this one. The writing was good and the two cases interesting. Since I live in the town the book is set in, I know all the streets and places that are mentioned in the book. This makes the book more fun. I like Officer Megan and her dog Bridgit. I did wish we had more background and read more about the other characters in the book. They were all mentioned but more would have fleshed the book out. I do like hearing Bridget ...more
Patty Nobles
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Diane Kelly has surpassed expectations in her latest installment in her fast-paced Paw Enforcement series. “Paw of the Jungle” has Police Officer Megan Luz, and her K-9 partner on the hunt for missing zoo animals and missing rings. While Megan and Brigit are following clues, her relationship with her boyfriend, Seth, is challenged by an interloper. The partners are racing the clock to solve these crimes and to stay out of the cross-hairs of the Chief. This was a great book and I can honestly say ...more
Cynthia Moore
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read from Diane Kelly. We meet Megan again with her canine sidekick Bridgit. This time they are focusing on a mystery of animals going missing from the zoo. The chapters switch between perspectives of various characters in the book. This is an interesting idea that works in this series. I like reading things from Bridgit's perspective and how she helps her human partner solve crime. We also get to see a perspective from the criminal as he commits his crime. This can lead us to give him symp ...more
Angie
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read other books in this series so I knew going in it would be a decent read. Brigit, the dog, has her perspective on events and is very much Megan’s partner in solving crime. The author sprinkled in fun facts about the animals in the zoo so I learned a thing or two as well. Overall, a cute, well-written mystery with a romance element. I would recommend it to everyone who loves this genre.
Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher, and author for allowing me to read this ARC in exchange
Holly
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story starts out where Megan takes her dog to the zoo for a walk and she thought would be a nice walk till she finds out 2 of their birds go missing. I just love how you started the mystery right away. And the new guy at the zoo was who they thought it was. But they thought something more fishy going on since the birds worth a lot of money. Every time I thought I had the person I was wrong. You did a good job keeping me guessing till the end. You can’t go wrong with this book.
Becky
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series of books. As always this book was a fun enjoyable read. Brigit's parts are some of my favorite. I am happy to see things moving forward with Seth and Megan. The only negative about these books is that there it too much unneeded filler. Too much info about history or geography or back story that does not further the story and I find myself skipping over. This one seemed like a slower read to me and needed more action.
Sandra Berryman
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got a copy of this e-book from Sara Beth Haring, from St. Martin's Press. I want to thank her for this opportunity to read the latest in this series. As always, the characters are great, I truly love Brigit! If you like cozy mysteries, you should try this series, but start at the first, they are well-written, enjoyable, and just overall fun! I received an e-book from NetGalley in return for an unbiased review.
Barbara Tobey
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zoo animals are stolen. Megan and Brigit are on their trail. Interesting detective work following the clues. The story being told from three different viewpoints, criminal, cop, and dog was a fun change of pace. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley. This is an entertaining series.
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun and fast paced book to read! It is the 8th one in this series and in this one Megan takes Brigit her police dog for a trip to the local Zoo. But what should have been a nice relaxing time for them both turns into another adventure when a pair of expensive birds go missing. I enjoyed reading this as they discovered who why and what happened. Kept me amused for awhile and made me smile.
JoAnn
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paw of the Jungle is a fun mystery. Loved the plot and the. A very well written and entertaining book. I highly recommend this book. Thanks to the publisher for my advance ebook. This is my unbiased review.
The Kawaii Slartibartfast
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this book!

Megan and Brigit are such a good team and the "antagonist" is actually pretty sympathetic.

I really liked the resolution of the b plot involving the rings
Teri Griffis
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Wonderfully entertaining book! So glad to see someone write a K-9 member into a story. I highly recommend this book to someone that is looking for an easy to read, fun mystery. Enjoy! 📚
Rima Aiello
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story with animals always grabs a reader, but this one won't let go until the end. With disappearing animals, a supposedly likely suspect, and clues that just keep you guessing, this book is definitely full of twists, turns, and fun.
Illustrious Illusions
Fun cozy mystery. While I didn't find it as good as previous ones I read, it still kept me interested and engaged. Brigit is a great partner and the characters are fun and hard working. a few twists you might not expect make you want to keep reading.
Heather Bennett
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paw of the Jungle is a fabulous mystery with great characters and storyline. This would be a great gift for the holidays.
Jeanne
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A difficult one to review because the plot was really good but I didn’t like the lead character very much. Very little K9 action. Could have been tightened up
Louisa
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another really great read! I enjoyed more time with these characters, and the mystery was pretty great, I totally missed some of the connections! Great read!
Bernie
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Law of the Jungle is the delightful eighth book in the Law Enforcement series written by author Diane Kelly. Thanks to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for the advance copy.
Arlene Arredondo
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Couldn’t connect with the story and characters.
Angie
Oct 08, 2019
Dave Sloan
Oct 18, 2019
Kristin
Nov 11, 2019
Award-winning author Diane Kelly writes romance and romantic mysteries featuring feisty heroines, quirky sidekicks, and sexy leading men, with humor that leaves readers laughing out loud.

Paw Enforcement (8 books)
  • Paw Enforcement (Paw Enforcement, #1)
  • Paw and Order (Paw Enforcement, #2)
  • Laying Down the Paw (Paw Enforcement, #3)
  • Against the Paw (Paw Enforcement, #4)
  • Above the Paw (Paw Enforcement, #5)
  • Enforcing the Paw (Paw Enforcement, #6)
  • The Long Paw of the Law (Paw Enforcement, #7)