Start by marking “First Love, Second Chances (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #5)” as Want to Read:
First Love, Second Chances (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #5)

First Love, Second Chances (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga #5)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  2,332 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
Emily Ladd and Michael Hamilton were college sweethearts, but Emily married Ryan because he could take her to the temple. After a decade of unhappy marriage, Emily's path crossed Michael's again, and he begged her to leave Ryan and go with him to Australia. Her choice? She would stay with Ryan and honor their temple covenants. A heartbeat later, Ryan's tragic death left he ...more
Published April 1st 1995 by Covenant Communications (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about First Love, Second Chances, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Love, Second Chances

Jul 26, 2010 rated it it was ok
I don't enjoy books that are about mundane every day life and that's what this one felt like to me. Very flat. I get enough of that in my own life everyday (dealing with little kids, meal time, laundry and such as the book describes in detail) I don't prefer to read about it.
I enjoyed the devotion and romance between Michael and Emily (hence the 2 stars, instead of 1), but it wasn't enough to keep me from getting bored.
I still plan to read the 3rd book in the series (I can't just read 1 and then
Nov 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Again, a novel that I have read countless times. The more I read it, the less I like it, but that is probably because I am getting older and more cynical. It just seems a little too convienant that Ryan dies...come on. But in my teenage years I though it a tragic love story with a delightful ending.
Jul 27, 2008 rated it it was ok
I'm sure I'm going to offend all of you Anita Stansfield fans, but I don't love her. I thought the book was boring and kind of sappy.
Jan 20, 2008 rated it liked it
Anita Stansfield is an OK author. She has a couple really great books, but most in my opinion are all the same and like a bowl of Lucky Charms--really fun but not really filling.
May 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Again another book I read in High School and loved!
 Princess Jen Jen
May 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A one of a kind book always helping when I feel down.
Jan 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
As before the characters are like family. You love them and ache for their challenges, thrill for their joys. Great read.
Emilee O. 1 Owens
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read First Love Second Chances by Anita Stansfield, which is about a woman named Emily, and her life living in the gospel. Her collage sweetheart found her and asked her to marry him, and bring her children back to Australia, were he is from. She agrees, and loves the life she has there.
I absolutely fell in love with this book. I read it because the first book was just so heart warming. I definitely connected with the main character, Emily, because we share the same beliefs. I love her never e
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Diana (Bever) Barber
Mar 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, religious
Jan 22, 2014 rated it liked it
This book saw Emily and Michael's relationship deepen further, as she gets ready to go to Australia with him (and her daughters) to begin their new life together. I liked that the author let us get a better understanding of Allison, and I'm looking forward to 'seeing' her grow up in subsequent books in the series. I also liked the parallels drawn between Emily and Alexa's stories and how that helped Emily find peace.
Dec 11, 2008 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this one more then first one, but once again it took me almost the whole book to get into it. The best part was the last couple of pages, because it took a real twist to the story. That's when I finally was hooked on the book. Maybe i'm just not into "mormon romance", I can't quite figure it out.
May 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
EASY READ, kept my attention till the end of the book, and really left me wanting to know more. I really felt like I knew who these people were/are. Helped me to rethink more about my relationships with those that are important to me in this life. Totally recommend it for those that like a good - clean ROMANCE story. EXCELLENT !!
Jan 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for love stories, I just really liked this, because this happens all the time. So it makes sense to me. I loved this series and will probably reread this book because its been a couple of years since I last read it
Mar 03, 2008 rated it it was ok
This book was just like the first. The story is really being dragged out. I am glad that they finally had their dreams come true and I can be done with this book! I think I will put away Anita Stansfield for a while. She was a suggestion from my sister-in-law.
Jan 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love this book.
They get married and it is so cute.
I really love the part where Michael and Emilys oldest daughter were in the barn and they were talking I love it when Emily comes in and she says something like, "See you later, dad." Then Emily's reactions. Genius!!!

Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
So this book of the series begins the cheesy romantical stuff that I don't really enjoy reading. I think the only thing I enjoyed was when the ancestors in Australia were referred to because I enjoyed the beginning books about them.
Jan 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
this is by an lds author, theres not so much about the church but its still a love novel, i recomend this book because its teaches that you can wait intell you get married to do stuff and that you can find true love if you are a good peson.
Mar 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Cristina by: My mom
Another great book by Anita Stansfield....I am really enjoying reading her books right now and they are super easy and do not take much thinking, which is exactly what I like! I think I may have enjoyed this sequel better than the first, if that is possible. Very good books!
Oct 30, 2009 rated it liked it
I got annoyed with the second book. I will probably not read any more in this series.
Suzy Lance
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
It seemed like the same story repeated over and over within the book. Although I did like the ending, I felt I only needed to read about half the book to have the same story. I enjoyed it.
Jan 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
loved this one because Emily finally gets a second chance at her all time great love! Very good.
Shay W
Feb 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
A really great book, except a little too much detail in intimacy. I really got involved in wanting to know how everything turns out and lots of spiritual struggles that I can see really happening.
Christy VanDerwerken
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lds-romance
I found this novel to give me warmth and comfort in times of saddness and joy in new/rekindled love. I recommend this book and the books that come after it to anyone who loves a good LDS romance!
Jan 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Own: Book
May 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
The story line needed some work, & the author's writing style irritated me.
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
While she's not my favorite author, I really enjoyed the books in this series.
Apr 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
again- i liked this series. Of course, it gets cheesy in parts, and at times it drags (skim read)- but if you like romances- the series is fun!
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I Loved it !
  • Ariana: A Glimpse of Eternity (Ariana, #4)
  • When Tomorrow Comes
  • No Time for Love
  • A Forever Love (Unexpected Love, #3)
  • Diamonds and Danger (Gems and Espionage, #3)
Anita Stansfield, the LDS market's #1 best-selling romance novelist, is an imaginative and prolific writer whose romantic stories have captivated her readers.
"With sales approaching a half million, Anita Stansfield has clearly found a niche in this market," said Nicole Martin, Publicist for Covenant Communications. "Her popularity stems from her ability to empathize with and write about the issues
More about Anita Stansfield...

Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga (8 books)
  • The Gable Faces East (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #1)
  • Gables Against the Sky (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #2)
  • The Three Gifts of Christmas (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #3)
  • First Love and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #4)
  • Now and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #6)
  • By Love and Grace (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #7)
  • Home for Christmas (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #8)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)