Start by marking “Now and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #6)” as Want to Read:
Now and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #6)

Now and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga #6)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  2,148 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
Anita Stansfield's final novel in the First Love series is all you've veen waiting for-and much more! No one could have predicted the incredible turns this story takes as its characters live out their freams...and a few of their worst nightmares, as well.

Michael and Emily were college sweethearts, but Emily left Michael, a non-Mormon, to marry Ryan Hall in the temple. Afte
Unknown Binding, 292 pages
Published January 1st 1996 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Now and Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now and Forever

May 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
"Anita Stansfield's final novel in the First Love series is all you've been waiting for-and much more! No one could have predicted the incredible turns this story takes as its characters live out their dreams....and a few of their worst nightmares, as well.
"Micheal and Emily were college sweethearts, but Emily left Micheal, a non-mormon, to marry Ryan Hall in the temple. After ten years of unhappy marriage, Ryan's unexpected death reawakened the dream, and Emily and Micheal (now a member of th
Feb 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I loved these "first love" books!! I do love to read books that are part of a series, I feel like you just go through so much with the characters, it's always hard to finish them and say goodbye. These 3 I will definatly be keeping and reading again. They are very easy reads, and I really enjoyed them. I actually gained a stronger desire to pray more. The main character Emily has a very strong testimony, even though she has gone through many trials. Her testimony of prayer and her faith make me ...more
This is a heartwarming story of trials and repentance. Emily and Michael have loved each other for so long, nothing can come between them. Or can it? Trials and tribulations threaten to tear apart this loving couples long-lasting relationship. This book made me cry and not of horror.:D There were moments when I just felt heaven just that much closer. For those of you who have never read Anita Stansfield's books, this series is the one to start with. It kept me hooked from beginning to end.
Jul 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Definitely had mixed feelings about this one. The book jumped ahead quite a few years from the last one, and the characters were firmly settled into their life together. The story had its ups and downs as they faced various struggles, and unfortunately, some of their spiritual and emotional problems were drug out over YEARS - definitely longer than seemed necessary for the storyline. As a reader, when I start to lose patience with the concerns of the characters, they just become annoying. Even s ...more
May 16, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-book
I have read this series several times and I do enjoy it when I need a little "real life"/Utah nostalgia time but this time around Michael struck me as being very whiny in this last book. He has the same debate over and over and just whines about how horribly unfair it all is. This hasn't bothered me in the past, but I found it incredibly annoying this time and found myself skipping these parts almost entirely to move the story along.
Sep 12, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is the third book in the series and it is much better than the first two. The main character is a little pridefull and it makes it hard to keep reading because you get a little frustrated with her. But I will tell you if you keep reading and get past the first 3 they get much better. I think it has something to do with the fact that you move on to other characters. But you have to reat the first three so you know the back stories.
I just wanted to yell at them, "talk about it and your problem will be solved!" This is a good book, and I like that it addresses 'after marriage' conflicts rather than making the marriage itself the 'happy ever after' ending. I also like that the conflicts were the fault of both of them. It is Michael who is dealing with the issues, but it is Emily who jumps in with her own desires whenever he starts to address it with her.
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love the Hamilton family saga all the way through the Gables of Legacy series! Who can forget the beginning of it all with Michael and Emily's sweet love story! I could read these books over and over and never get sick of them . Who could not love the relationship between Michael and Emily. What a beautiful faithful woman Emily is. I know she is just a character but I admire her. These books are so inspiring!
Apr 14, 2008 rated it liked it
Got annoyed with the character Michael- if he and emily would just talk the book would have ended about 1/2 way through. Wanted to know what happened really bad though and stayed up late finishing it. :)
Jul 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
This book dealt with some LDS issues, such as sealings, temple work, worthiness, revelation, faith, fulfilling the assignments we were given before we came to earth, and babies. Very thought-provoking.
Aug 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-stories, adult
I think this book has been my favorite in the series so far. I've enjoyed the fact that this series, and especially this book, focus on the love in a marriage and is not just a love story about two people dating and falling in love. It's an inspiring and uplifting read.
Feb 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was a great ending to such a good series. I loved how everything came together in the end. Very hopeful and filled with the ups and downs of life, I'm just glad the ups out did the kind of story!
Dec 11, 2007 rated it liked it
This is book three in this series - there are more, but I don't own them and I feel I was at a good stopping point. A good friend lent these to me, and I did enjoy them. They were nothing earth-shattering, but they did make me think and kept me entertained.
Feb 24, 2014 rated it liked it
I thought this was a good conclusion to Michael and Emily's story. Some of the parts (miscarriage, wanting another child, etc) were hard for me to read because of my own situation, but overall it was a poignant way to end. I just hope that she's written Allison's story!
Diana (Bever) Barber
Mar 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, religious
I'm getting a bit tired of some of these LDS romance books. This was okay, but I wouldn't bother reading it again. Frankly, I've forgotten most of the story line--getting it confused with other similar books.
Nov 12, 2009 rated it liked it
The third novel in the Emily and Michael story...even as a youth I didn't like this one as much as the first two, so it only gets 3 stars. The reason I had a hard time with this, is that Michael is so focused on what happens after death he forgets to live his life here.
Jun 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
It was a great wrap up of the story!
Feb 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book about Emily and Michael Hamilton. Keep's worth it!
Dec 29, 2014 added it
Loved this series when I was younger!
Feb 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Final book. Maybe one too many...but I read the whole thing and did enjoy it.
Karen Bing
Apr 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful story...brought me to tears as's neat to read about Michael and Emily while there family was still young.
May 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Another book I read in HS that I loved.
Mar 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-romance
Book 6 in the Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga.
Jan 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Loved this one because Emily had so much to overcome in her personal life and she finally did to be able to end up very happily married with a wonderful family.
Cindy Davis
Sep 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I am officially a fan of Anita Stansfield. I loved all three books. Definetly a series I would read again. Just a good clean romance series. I would definetly recommend it!
Nov 11, 2008 marked it as to-read
I haven't started to read!!! GRRRRRR!
Aug 16, 2010 rated it liked it
Just a cute little Mormon romance. It wasn't as cheesy as I expected.
Mar 31, 2009 added it
I love these books by Anita Stansfield. This romantic novel is a sequel to First Love and Forever, and First Love, Second Chances.
Apr 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Yeah, addicted to this book, and it's first sequel. Don't know why, just love them.
Sep 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any fan of romance
Good stuff, from what I remember. It's been a while and I need to re-read these!
Very romantic!
  • Ariana: A Gift Most Precious (Ariana, #2)
  • A Forever Love (Unexpected Love, #3)
  • Coming Home (Home Trilogy, #3)
  • Topaz and Treachery (Gems and Espionage, #10)
Anita Stansfield, the LDS market's #1 best-selling romance novelist, is an imaginative and prolific writer whose romantic stories have captivated her readers.
"With sales approaching a half million, Anita Stansfield has clearly found a niche in this market," said Nicole Martin, Publicist for Covenant Communications. "Her popularity stems from her ability to empathize with and write about the issues
More about Anita Stansfield...

Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga (8 books)
  • The Gable Faces East (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #1)
  • Gables Against the Sky (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #2)
  • The Three Gifts of Christmas (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #3)
  • First Love and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #4)
  • First Love, Second Chances (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #5)
  • By Love and Grace (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #7)
  • Home for Christmas (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #8)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)