Start by marking “Home for Christmas (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #8)” as Want to Read:
Home for Christmas (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #8)

Home for Christmas

(Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga #8)

Allison is a beautiful young woman, looking for love but never quite able to find it. And even if she could find it, she fears the dark side of her past might ruin everything. On the other had, Christmas is a time of miracles...

When Allison decides to stay in Provo rather that go home to Australia for Christmas, she has no way of knowing that this holiday season, her life
Published June 13th 1997 by Covenant Communications Inc (first published June 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Home for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home for Christmas

Start your review of Home for Christmas (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #8)
Lover of Romance
This is a charming and sweet story that I have always loved. It was fabulous being able to re read this after having read it many years ago. Love seeing the characters shine through and the romance build between these two. Would highly recommend if you like Christian and /or clean romance themes or just a poignant love story without too much heat.
Lara
Dec 27, 2008 rated it it was ok
Yikes. I read this during an airport layover. It was a short read and it did hold my attention and it was entertaining (although I am easily entertained). It's a classic LDS fiction story. Girl with a past meets a fabulous guy. They fall in love. She tells him about her past, he doesn't know if he can accept it, but he's perfect, so of course he does, he proposed on Christmas Day, fast forward a year later and they are having their first child on Christmas Eve. Shallow story. The writing was ...more
Annemarie
Feb 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I LOVE this book!!! First of all, I love how small it is because if I ever need a small book to take with me to wait somewhere with, it's the perfect size. I know it's silly, but it's one of small reasons I like this book. I LOVE the storyline! I have read and re-read this book so many times that I couldn't even tell you how many. It's such a cute story and I love that it's around Christmas. I especially love the part with the family having a sleepover on Christmas Eve. It totally reminds me of ...more
Brandy
Apr 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
I read this book every Christmas. Usually at the beginning of December. Yes, it is a cheesy LDS romance and I usually steer clear of them, but I just love all the Christmas traditions talked about in this book and it always gets me in the Christmas spirit. I know that some people have issues with other details of the book, like how fast their relationship developed but I totally look past that because my purpose for reading it is always to get me in the Christmas spirit and it always works!

Mandy
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas-books
I know that as an LDS person this is going to make me sound awful, but this book was way too preachy. This love story about Peter Priesthood and Molly Mormon contained every single Mormon cliche out there. I almost put the book down when the brothers names were Ammon, Mosiah, and Helaman. Anita Stansfield is the queen of overkill on the cheesiness and sometimes you get in a mood and you need that kind of book, however, most times I can barely stomach this. One of her other Christmas books I read ...more
Jamie
Oct 08, 2009 rated it did not like it
I read this years ago... and it marked the end of my shortlived affair with Anita Stansfield novels. I probably took it more personally than I should have (having just come so close to making the biggest mistake of my life)HOWEVER I do not agree with her meet a guy/marry him the next week insta-romance! I don't care if prayer is brought into the equation and truth be told, that actually bugs me more. I remember being extremely agitated by this book. How's that for remembering and hating a book ...more
Joan
Nov 17, 2011 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable read, but maybe just a little too cheesy for my liking. It was well written though. You can't help but love her characters. The story contained themes of forgiveness, redemption, family love, anti-prejudice and trust in God. It was very predictable and sometimes I don't even mind that, but it felt like she just tried a little too hard to get everything she wanted to say summed up in this small novel. It is very LDS oriented and a sweet read before Christmas.
Cheryl
Jan 05, 2009 rated it it was ok
I think Anita comes up with nice stories but she really overuses certain words.
While I find some things about this book endearing and sweet, every time I read the word 'truly' I was annoyed.
If you like fluffy lds romance than you will like this book. In my opinion it is the classic telling not showing approach to storytelling.
Luisa
Dec 24, 2010 rated it liked it
This was a very good book to read around the Christmas season. Not only was it a love story, but it taught a very good lesson about the meaning of Christmas. There's no question, when reading this book that the author and her characters are LDS, making this a very sweet LDS romance. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to any LDS girl.
Susan
Dec 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read
Of course this is a great Christmas story for the romantic, but I especially like the names from the "Book of Mormon." I'd love to hear the Lamanite rendition of "We Three Kings." And, I used to make pajamas for my children for Christmas, too. This story reminds us of unconditional love and forgiveness.
Rachel
Dec 05, 2007 rated it really liked it
I just finished re-reading this great story of love and forgiveness around Christmas time. The main character is an LDS girl named Allison who has a checkered past, but repents and finds true love in a man named Ammon. He has trouble forgiving her of her past, and the story ensues. It really is a short and fun read for the holiday season.
Brooke
Jun 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
What can I say, I'm a sap for cheesy, and I do mean cheesy, love stories! This one's great if you like that kind of thing!
It is the I-Ching for BYU romance stories!
I read this book at least once a year. It's a really quick read and overall cute.
Laugh a little at myself each time because of the gooey, melty cheese that drips from between the pages... but nevertheless it's fun to read.
Jahnster
Feb 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I read this right before christmas and before Ashton was born...so there were two things I could relate to and that hit hime to me. The rest was just pure fun and entertainment to read. This book is way cute!
Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com
Mar 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anybody, really. I bet girls would like it more since it's romantic, but it's a wonderful story.
This book is darling. I read it the weekend before Christmas and it really got me into the Christmas spirit! Anita Stansfield is amazing at warming hearts. Plus, she's an LDS author so you'll always find some hidden feel-good messages in there too.
Christina
This is a quick, sweet love story. I actually cry toward the end, which is unusual for me. Another thing I like about this particular Anita Stansfield novel is that it is rich with tradition. That is probably because it is a Christmas novel.
Karina
Jul 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
I would actually give this book 3.5 stars. It was a short easy read, but a little cheesy for my taste. the relationship developed much too quickly, it was a little too fake and cheesy. But still an fairly enjoyable book, not my favorite of Anita's.
Julie
Apr 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books to read at Christmas time. A lot of Anita Stansfield's books are intertwined which is really neat to me. It is a really short book and I couldn't put it down. I love LDS Romance novels.. what more can I say.
Marsha
Dec 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I read this book again after reading it when it first came out. I liked it a lot. I forgot the story and how it was connected to the Gable Faces East. It was cool seeing the connection between them. I liked the love story and whether they would get together or not.
Elaine
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
very good christian love story
Cheryl
Feb 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
If we listen to the holey ghost we will know what needs to be done.
Leilani
Jan 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I have just finished several "heavy books" so this was refreshing. No real pain just a fun cute story.
Carissa
Sep 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
I enjoy Anita Stansfield books. They are just easy, sweet reads.
 Princess Jen Jen
May 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Allison faces many trials but the lord loves her and conpationates.
Alice
May 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Fun story of how blessings come when you follow the Spirit, even when it is hard. Again, silly to think these stories are fiction when they seem so real.
Becky
Oct 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I try to read this book every christmas.
Eileen
May 10, 2008 rated it liked it
I love all Anita Stansfield books. I learn something about having faith through trials, from each book that she writes.
Christina
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Clean, cheesy, love story, but it was just what I was in the mood for. Finished it in one, cold, rainy afternoon.
Lori Welker
Nice to hear how Allison met her husband! very cute story!
Maggie
A tender story of Christmas miracles and the wonder of new love.
McKenna Smart
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book, and found some parts surprising, but I loved it.

• Alone, Together
  • The Heavens Are Open
  • Secrets and Suitors
  • A Christ-Centered Christmas: Seven Traditions to Lead Us Closer to the Savior
  • An Informal Christmas (Informal Romance, #1)
  • Yours for Christmas (Fool's Gold, #15.5)
  • Christmas Rose
  • The Prince (The Selection, #0.5)
  • The Guard (The Selection, #2.5)
  • An Amish Family Christmas (The Charmed Amish Life #4)
  • Becoming Bayley
  • The Lady in the Coppergate Tower
  • Smart Move
  • The List
  • To Have or to Hold
  • Stepsister
  • Deception
  • The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1)
Anita Stansfield, the LDS market's #1 best-selling romance novelist, is an imaginative and prolific writer whose romantic stories have captivated her readers.
"With sales approaching a half million, Anita Stansfield has clearly found a niche in this market," said Nicole Martin, Publicist for Covenant Communications. "Her popularity stems from her ability to empathize with and write about the issues

Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga (8 books)
  • The Gable Faces East (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #1)
  • Gables Against the Sky (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #2)
  • The Three Gifts of Christmas (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #3)
  • First Love and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #4)
  • First Love, Second Chances (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #5)
  • Now and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #6)
  • By Love and Grace (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #7)