Start by marking “Gables Against the Sky (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Gables Against the Sky (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #2)

Gables Against the Sky (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga #2)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  2,119 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
The Powerful and Moving Sequel to The Gable Faces East

It has been nearly two decades since Alexa Byrnehouse and Jess Davies married and started a family, and their twins, Emma and Tyson, have now grown to young adulthood. The Byrnehouse-Davies family is one of the richest in Australia, known for its exceptional handling of horses and abandoned boys. Boys like Michael Hami
Published January 1st 2000 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Gables Against the Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gables Against the Sky

Lover of Romance
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: genre-christian
This was such a beautiful story!! Very light in the heat department, but an epic romance that is filled with hurt, grief, and love. Strong characters and a never ending plot.
Christina
Nov 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is my all-time favorite Anita Stansfield novel - and the one before it, The Gable Faces East, is a close second. They are intense stories with intricate characters. Michael Hamilton makes such a likable villain! I love the historical setting. An added bonus is that you get the complete stories that are only hinted at in the original modern-time Michael and Emily trilogy.

My only complaint would be that Lacey's antagonism gets old and redundant. I cannot find it in my heart to like her even w
Shaumbra
Jun 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Ooh, I absolutely love this book. I read it a long time ago, but have read it 3 times since. It is captivating and wonderful as are all of Anita's earlier books. I really enjoy how a lot of them interconnect. I found it amusing, after reading others comments, how they too would like to be kidnapped by an Australian rogue and fall in love with him. That would be nice. *Sigh*
The Sweet Bookshelf
Oct 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is everything I hoped it would be and more. I thoroughly love a good romance novel and a period drama is even better. You know how those historical romance novels are usually pretty cheesy? Well, this one isn't! I'm not sure I would even put it in the same class as a regular historical romance. This is way out of their league! It is totally believable and you fall for the characters immediately. The setting is very desirable. Australian outback, gorgeous rich family, horse racing, and even ...more
Stacie
Nov 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Of all the Anita Stansfield books, this 2-book set, is probably close to my favorite. A few sets of her books expound upon the lives of the main characters in the her first 3-books series about Emily and Michael. Subsequent books tell stories about them and their children and their children's lives. This 2-book set talks about Michael's ancestors. I have read these several times. :)
Tawnya
Oct 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book was not only a good lose yourself book it taught a lot about family relationships, love, healing and service. It offered a good cry and taught me things I needed to know! I am currently reading it aloud to my husband!
Whitney
Jul 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my all time favorite books. I absolutely love Michael Hamilton.
Ashley Juergens
Jan 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I re-read this book this weekend. I love all of her books even though they can be a little mushy and predictable but I think this one is my favorite. I can't count how many times I've read it.
Shannara
May 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-faves-d
This book was even better, to see the kids grow and just progress. It was absolutely my favorite out of all. :D
MiRanda
Feb 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book if another one of my all times loves. This book makes every girl dream of getting kidnapped by a Australian rouge. I could read this a million times over and still enjoy every page.
Carissa
Sep 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Anita Stansfield writes clean love stories. This was the next book after the Gable Faces East.
Kimberly Yates
Mar 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. It is my favorite by far!!
Kristy
Feb 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Another Great book.... its a series too. This one is set back...uh.... 1800's maybe? Its awesome!
Janean
Nov 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds-fiction
Almost as good as The Gable Faces East. Just a continuation of the story. Loved it!
Lynette
Shelves: books-i-own
I fell in love with this book along with the villain/hero. After reading it, I want to get kidnapped too, but only by a ruggedly handsome Australian.
Ambra
Aug 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
My favorite series from Anita Stansfield. This is the 2nd book to the Gable Faces East.
Carla/mom
Apr 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds-novel
This one isn't written with LDS gospel however it is still very good.
Toni
Dec 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I'm completely enthralled with the Byrnehouse-Davies and Hamilton books - especially this story of Michael and Emma.
Tiff
Jul 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is another favorite. It has romance, suspense, and everything a girl could want. I have read it a hundred times.
Tami
Jun 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book is my favorite book of hers. I love the other ones. But for some reason this is just my favorite.
Erin
Feb 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in the Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga. So good and I love it just as much as the first one.
Jen Black
Jan 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
I used to read Anita Stansfield books a lot. Some of them get a little monotonous, but the Gable books were awesome. Lots of different emotions...
Heather Petersen
May 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A great romance novel that really made me think about forgiveness.
Claudia Child
Apr 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I had never read any Anita Stansfield books until now and I absolutely love her. She's definitely one of my favorite romance authors.
Tamie
Jul 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
this was definetely anita stansfields best book
Melanie
Feb 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! I read it over and over. I even used it as inspriation to name my daughter.
Hailey
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could not get enough of this book and I love how it built upon the story and characters from the fist book and had great new characters. I love how much depth of emotion was illustrated and how all characters were able to grow. The story was heart felt and very enjoyable and one of my favorites.
Kate
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
When the term 'sweeping historical saga' is used, a lot of people would probably think of something like 'Gone With the Wind'. I will now think of this book (and its predecessor). This is a 560 page novel, yet it felt like it was much shorter, for how fast I read it. The storyline moved forward at a brisk, yet not too rushed, pace. I found that even with the quicker pace, I couldn't wait to find out what happened next.
Another thing I noticed about this novel, which put me in mind of other Anita
Annalisa
Feb 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Admittedly this is the first book by Anita Stansfield that I have really enjoyed and I simply could not put it down. Some of it was very predictable and I wasn't nearly as drawn to Tyson and Lacey as I was to other relationships. But I absolutely fell in love with the endearing story of Emma Byrnehouse-Davies and Michael Hamilton. This book is the second in a series (following The Gable Faces East) and though I did not read the first I had no trouble following the story ...more
Aimee
Jan 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
OK, I will attempt to review a couple of books at once from the "Gables" series. This was my favorite book, hence the 5 stars, (anytime I stay up past midnight reading a book, it automatically gets 5 stars-so it may not be a perfect literary novel, but a very good, interesting book). If you are interested in the series, you should probably read "The Gable Faces East" firt, I gave that book 4 stars. I've read a couple other "Gables of Legacy" books from the series, and just didn't like them as mu ...more
  • Ariana: A Glimpse of Eternity (Ariana, #4)
  • The Topaz (The Bracelet Series, #3)
  • Until Proven Guilty (Haggerty Mystery, #2)
  • Emeralds and Espionage (Gems and Espionage, #1)
Anita Stansfield, the LDS market's #1 best-selling romance novelist, is an imaginative and prolific writer whose romantic stories have captivated her readers.
"With sales approaching a half million, Anita Stansfield has clearly found a niche in this market," said Nicole Martin, Publicist for Covenant Communications. "Her popularity stems from her ability to empathize with and write about the issues
More about Anita Stansfield...

Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga (8 books)
  • The Gable Faces East (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #1)
  • The Three Gifts of Christmas (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #3)
  • First Love and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #4)
  • First Love, Second Chances (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #5)
  • Now and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #6)
  • By Love and Grace (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #7)
  • Home for Christmas (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #8)

“No amount of hate or pain can stand with truth in the face of genuine love and forgiveness.” 1 likes
“If you allow someone to treat you badly, then the love can’t get through.” 1 likes